One line to define mishti and kuhu and whole show

gaushiv13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Mishti will be never Happy till each and every member love and accept her and kuhu will be never Happy if only on square foot will be even given to mishti

This will never change

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't think it is as clear cut as that. I think both girls will be changing slowly to adapt to their new reality...

Mishti's past makes her want to keep people happy, together and etc. She sacrificed a lot as she feels her happiness lies in others being happy. Abir is slowly changing that perception, he is taching her that she has a right to love, to happiness without worrying about everyone else and that in fact she should grab her happiness no matter what. I think we will be seeing more of that Mishti. She never felt the Mah's house as her home 100% no matter how much BP/BM loved her. But RV house is her's 100% by virtue of her love and her husband, and we will see a tigeress fighting to hold on to that without any prompts.

Kuhu's past also makes her the way she is. Yes, often her insecurities get in the way of wanting exactly the same as Mishti - to keep people around her happy. Unfortunately, her emotional grip is not as strong as Mishti and she fails. She is not so strong so she believes other's rather than trusting her own judgement. Yes, like a child she cross's lines she should not and often gets away with the spoilt child act - because she had been allowed to for so long. However, I think she will be changing soon, she is clever and perceptive and will soon catch on the fact that certain someone wants to use her to create havoc in her and Mishti's married life. I think her sisterly love - the one we saw when Abir broke up with Mishti - will kick in. If not, certainly her bro-love will kick in.

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 4 years ago
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Sometimes i totoally get kuhus insecurity. Yesterday when mishti was talking about the cake, she ended up presenting as mahan and sweet when kuhu was clearly upset over bring forgotten. So i grt it man if i had someone in my life constantly being loved and adored and something like my birthday was forgotten id be pissed. 

But i agree i think mishti is obssessed with people liking her but in a twisted way i think kuhu is obssessed with the same. Both just deal with it differently. Kuhu chooses to shit someone else down to climb up and mishti tries to do more herself. 

meerabnawaal25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xxMATSxx

Sometimes i totoally get kuhus insecurity. Yesterday when mishti was talking about the cake, she ended up presenting as mahan and sweet when kuhu was clearly upset over bring forgotten. So i grt it man if i had someone in my life constantly being loved and adored and something like my birthday was forgotten id be pissed. 

But i agree i think mishti is obssessed with people liking her but in a twisted way i think kuhu is obssessed with the same. Both just deal with it differently. Kuhu chooses to shit someone else down to climb up and mishti tries to do more herself. 

I think every one in the world wants to be loved and praises, but mishti always takes the right path to get that  but kuhu thinks she can get it without hard work even after harming and hurting mishti

Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meerabnawaal25

I think every one in the world wants to be loved and praises, but mishti always takes the right path to get that  but kuhu thinks she can get it without hard work even after harming and hurting mishti

Truly speaking, no one gets unconditional love!

Love whether romantic or platonic/parental/sibling should not be hard work. So I don't think Kuhu should work for love - nor is she doing that tbh - however, she cannot express her needs or the deep-rooted need to be the centre of everything and that is where she goes wrong. Yet she loves Kunal and knows not to hurt him, which means his family and that includes Mishti now. Slowly she will untangle herself and I'm guessing by then she will be trapped by Meenu - who is busily working in the background to throw both her DIL out by making them play against one another. ðŸ˜µ

Wow what a woman, why??😡 at this rate she will bankrupt herself by getting her boys married umpteen times!🤪🤣 ( Seriously if that happens, I will lose whatever credibility I still have in this show).

I just hope in between all the nonsense we still get some intelligent story telling which shows character growth as well as progession of the story.....though I spat out my water when I saw KuKu having THAT conversation (divorce/re-marriage) immediately after their 2nd marriage! what stupidity, you have it beforehand not after!! ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ Unfortunately trps came into play at that time and so everyone hastily dashed to their respective mandap/rooftops without stopping to have a meaninful conversation🤣...Lol, even Misbir are falling short - I mean you finally got your hard won happily ever after and what do you do? one does yoga with bro, the other oversleeps ....yeah logical to be tired after a busy wedding day, but at least cuddle in the morning, gaze at each other's face, rejoice in holding one another, embrace just being with the one you love...! I could have happily missed out on the cooking competition for that because it makes sense in terms of their love story and what they had done through.

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Dreamygal301

Truly speaking, no one gets unconditional love!

Love whether romantic or platonic/parental/sibling should not be hard work. So I don't think Kuhu should work for love - nor is she doing that tbh - however, she cannot express her needs or the deep-rooted need to be the centre of everything and that is where she goes wrong. Yet she loves Kunal and knows not to hurt him, which means his family and that includes Mishti now. Slowly she will untangle herself and I'm guessing by then she will be trapped by Meenu - who is busily working in the background to throw both her DIL out by making them play against one another. ðŸ˜µ

Wow what a woman, why??😡 at this rate she will bankrupt herself by getting her boys married umpteen times!🤪🤣 ( Seriously if that happens, I will lose whatever credibility I still have in this show).

I just hope in between all the nonsense we still get some intelligent story telling which shows character growth as well as progession of the story.....though I spat out my water when I saw KuKu having THAT conversation (divorce/re-marriage) immediately after their 2nd marriage! what stupidity, you have it beforehand not after!! ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ Unfortunately trps came into play at that time and so everyone hastily dashed to their respective mandap/rooftops without stopping to have a meaninful conversation🤣...Lol, even Misbir are falling short - I mean you finally got your hard won happily ever after and what do you do? one does yoga with bro, the other oversleeps ....yeah logical to be tired after a busy wedding day, but at least cuddle in the morning, gaze at each other's face, rejoice in holding one another, embrace just being with the one you love...! I could have happily missed out on the cooking competition for that because it makes sense in terms of their love story and what they had done through.

Totally agree with the bold.. 

I would have expected some scenes where they wake up next to each other and be grateful that they are together but instead one is over sleeping, one is doing yoga, one went jogging smiley44And we are already cooking in the kitchen 

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meerabnawaal25

I had decided that I will refrain from posting on this thread because it was in some form seemed like another Kuhu-bashing thread. There have been too many of those already where people have compared the two to declare Mishti as superior. After all my self talk to not indulge in this thread, I clearly couldn't control myself so here I am!

I don't know what the right path to be loved and praised is but everyone in the world deserves love and affection no matter the path they choose. They may crave have an umpteenth amount of it which ain't possible but they should get atleast some of it. In case of MishKu, we have seen that Mishti has been scared of losing her adopted/foster family lest she do something they do not approve of and Kuhu has been insecure of always being the second priority where Mishti is involved. 

Even though Mishti has been scared of losing her family, it has never stopped her from doing something she wants, be it rejecting a rishta or sneaking off to meet Abir behind everyone's back. She has been obsessed with being the perfect beti to prove to BP and BM that they did not make any mistake by taking her in so she hides all of her actual emotions to make them feel validated. Over the years, the habit has become so innate that it takes her a second to switch from Mishti to perfect beti and vice versa. We saw that happen in today's episode too when she is fighting with Kuhu and bam! BM enters and she is calm. This has been her defence mechanism since she arrived at the Maheshwari house. I don't know what is right with this deceptive behaviour of asking for love but people do need stop praising this. Yes, she puts in effort to gain validation from authority figures in her life but at the cost of her real self. Her real feelings have only been seen by Kuhu, not even Abir. Abir knows about her struggle for validation because it is very visible in her behaviour but he has never seen the switch happening till now and that bothers me about their relationship because he feels that she is just worried and unconsciously behaves like this because of her insecurities and he will help her overcome this with his love. What he doesn't know is that this behaviour is very much a conscious choice on Mishti's part to fulfill her need for validation and proving to everyone that they haven't made any mistakes by betting on her.

Moving on to Kuhu, her insecurities come out in unconscious bursts of anger and then we see her regretting it and when she is not forgiven, she takes it upon herself to solve the situation come what may and ends up ruining things for herself. (That's my prediction for the upcoming episodes too). Talking about her need for love and attention, we recently saw a voiceover flashback from her childhood when she was told by Meenu that she has to give the haar to Mishti even though she should be giving it to Kuhu because she already gave one to M before. Meenu tries to make Kuhu understand that she needs to go the extra mile for M because of the role she played in the MishBir story. We see Kuhu remembering the time when a second doll was given to Mishti by BM because she used to stay upset and Kuhu was expected to understand why Mishti was getting her share of things as well as Kuhu's. We have also seen time and again that she keeps her problems to herself until and unless they are intentionally/unintentionally outed by Mishti, be it her liking Kunal or the divorce truth. She said in front of the family that it was because every time Mishti's mountain level problems came in between but the truth of the matter is she didn't want to share her problems when everyone was focussing on Mishti because she knew her needs would be put on the back burner and she would again be made to understand why she was given less importance, like when she was rejected by Meenu in the beginning, the focus quickly shifted from her being rejected to if Mishti wanted the rishta or not. We have also seen her being a social media star and trying to gain attention by selfies and her #Kuhuness. This is her way of fulfilling her need for validation. Being in the limelight is the only way she has gotten importance so when Mishti comes in, unintentionally stealing the spotlight off of her, she again feels like she has been forgotten. 

Kuhu had said something along these lines to Mishti in a pretty early episode: If you cry, it is considered sadness, and when I cry, it is considered a tantrum. That, for me sums up the struggle for Kuhu and why she bottles up her emotions because her issues were never given the same level of importance as Mishti. She had found a safe space in Kunal when she had told him that she and Mishti did not get along but that ended pretty soon with the sham marriage. Because she bottles up those emotions, we see them come out when she loses it.

The fact of the matter here is Kuhu doesn't share her emotions with anyone because of her past experience with them not get validated and Mishti doesn't share her feelings with anyone so that she doesn't break anyone's expectations of her not living up to the perfect image that she has created.

I do hope this made sense. Also to the TM, they both can't be summed up in one line because their behaviour and insecurities are still being shown in new ways even after 250episodes. There is so much depth to the characters and hence they can't be simplified to a single sentence.

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago
Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nami2811

Totally agree with the bold.. 

I would have expected some scenes where they wake up next to each other and be grateful that they are together but instead one is over sleeping, one is doing yoga, one went jogging And we are already cooking in the kitchen 

@ red - I was so gutted at the lack of that. I was not expecting a wedding night - no, cos indian show never show that unless it is a song and dance and I'm sorry sometimes that is a turn off! - but I honestly thought they would cling to one another, maybe even shed tears of joy, cup each others face and stare soulfully and just bask in their love triumphing...it all got dashed the moment i saw the yoga!🤣🤣

🤣 KuKu are in lurvvee... this is their second chance and what happens?! like I said I spat my water out at what I see with them! I laughed out loud at seeing kuhu jogging. What bride does that?🤣 espcially coming back from the brink of divorce.... With her characterisation I thought she would be glued to Kunal.🤣

Some of their characterisation got skewered, hopefully it might be just a matter of few episodes and then we'll see what we should have...catching up and enjoying the love they all fought so hard for.

Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aquaHP

they both can't be summed up in one line because their behaviour and insecurities are still being shown in new ways even after 250episodes. There is so much depth to the characters and hence they can't be simplified to a single sentence.

@ red, so agree. Even fictional characters - those written well - will have facets like real people and so just like real people, different situation will bring up different facets as it is now. 

I mentioned elsewhere that kuhu will be facing her trauma and so yes this is it. I only hope the writers will show us that rather than going of in another tanget, dragging her backward before taking another step forward.  Sadly these shows are about trps rather than building on logical story telling.😒

I don't know about anyone but for me it is not kuKu bashing or kuhu bashing or whatever. I tell it as I see it for both couples, and just enjoying the silly non-logical bits of the shows on both couples. We have to take everything with a pinch of salt and enjoy the good bits.

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aquaHP

I had decided that I will refrain from posting on this thread because it was in some form another Kuhu-bashing thread. There have been too many of those already where people have compared the two declare Mishti as superior. After all my self talk to not indulge in this thread, I clearly couldn't control myself so here I am!

I don't know what the right path to be loved and praised is but everyone in the world deserves love and affection no matter the path they choose. They may crave have an umpteenth amount of it which ain't possible but they should get atleast some of it. In case of MishKu, we have seen that Mishti has been scared of losing her adopted/foster family lest she do something they do not approve of and Kuhu has been insecure of always being the second priority where Mishti is involved. 

Even though Mishti has been scared of losing her family, it has never stopped her from doing something she wants, be it rejecting a rishta or or sneaking of to meet Abir behind everyone's back. She has been obsessed with being the perfect beti to prove to BP and BM that they did not make any mistake by taking her in so she hides all of her actual emotions to make them feel validated. Over the years, the habit has become so innate that it takes her a second to switch from Mishti to perfect beti and vice versa. We saw that happen in today's episode too when she is fighting with Kuhu and bam! BM enters and she is calm. This has been her defence mechanism since she arrived at the Maheshwari house. I don't know what is right with this deceptive behaviour of asking for love and praise but people do need stop praising this. Yes, she puts in effort to gain validation from authority figures in her life but at the cost of her real emotions. Her real feelings have only been seen by Kuhu, not even Abir. Abir knows about her struggle for validation because it is very visible in her behaviour but he has never seen the switch happening till now and that bothers me about their relationship because he feels that she is just worried and unconsciously behaves like this because of her insecurities and he will help her overcome this with his love. What he doesn't know is that this behaviour is very much a conscious choice on Mishti's part to fulfill her need for validation and proving to everyone that they haven't made any mistakes by betting on her.

Moving on to Kuhu, her insecurities come out in unconscious bursts of anger and then we see her regretting it and when she is not forgiven, she takes it upon herself to solve the situation come what may and ends up ruining things for herself. (That's my prediction for the upcoming episodes too). Talking about her need for love and attention, we recently saw a voiceover flashback from her childhood when she was told by Meenu that she has to give the haar to Mishti even though she should be giving it to Kuhu because she already gave one to M before. Meenu tries to make Kuhu understand that she needs to go the extra mile for M because of the role she played in the MishBir story. We see Kuhu remembering the time when a second doll was given to Mishti by BM because she used to stay upset and Kuhu was expected to understand. We have also seen time and again that she keeps her problems to herself until and unless they are intentionally/unintentionally outed by Mishti, be it her liking Kunal or the divorce truth. She said in front of the family that it was because every time Mishti's mountain level problems came in between but the truth of the matter is she didn't want to share her problems when everyone was focussing on Mishti because she knew her needs would be put on the back burner and she would again be made to understand why she was given less importance, like when she was rejected by Meenu in the beginning, the focus quickly shifted from her being rejected to if Mishti wanted the rishta or not. We have also seen her being a social media star and trying to gain attention by selfies and her #Kuhuness. This is her way of fulfilling her need for validation. Being in the limelight is the only way she has been given importance so when Mishti comes in, unintentionally stealing the spotlight off of her, she again feels like she has been forgotten. 

Kuhu had said something along these lines in a pretty early episode: If you cry, it is considered sadness, and when I cry, it is considered a tantrum. That, for me sums up the struggle for Kuhu and why she bottles up her emotions because they were never given importance. She had found a safe space in Kunal when she had told him that she and Mishti did not get along but that ended pretty soon with the sham marriage. Because she bottles up those emotions, we see them come out when she loses it.

The fact of the matter here is Kuhu doesn't share her emotions with anyone because of her past experience with them not get validated and Mishti doesn't share her feelings with anyone so that she doesn't break anyone's expectations of her not living up to the perfect image that she has created.

I do hope this made sense. Also to the TM, they both can't be summed up in one line because their behaviour and insecurities are still being shown in new ways even after 250episodes. There is so much depth to the characters and hence they can't be simplified to a single sentence.

Hey aqua.. summed up great! I'm sure not everyone would agree to everything you said but glad you posted your thoughts here!

My summary of the sisters is - Both cannot be compared on any basis. One is a lead and the other not a lead (not sure if she's even a parallel) so obviously the writing will be more focused on the lead and she will ultimately be the positive out of the 2. This ends the discussion.

The reason why I'm inclined towards Kuhu's story is she was shown very realistic in terms of emoting- be it love, hatred, jealousy or insecurity. Sometimes it goes overboard for reasons mentioned above but for the most part she is real and not sacrificial or superficial.