Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Robin_M thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
wow you updated after sooo long, but thats ok cuz it was great! its ok if your busy, just update whenever you have time, but dont stop writing! its great stuff, cant wait for prem to find out shes really mukti! continue soon!
hIra_89 thumbnail
thnx soooo much for updating it was great as usual plz try to continue sooner
kitty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
thanks.. I will try to update sooner this time
anu83 thumbnail
thanks for updating kitty, it was great reading it!! 😳
kitty123 thumbnail

Chapter 6

Prem walked along the constricted corridors of the office as his employees took to their work more seriously than they were five seconds ago. Mukti was quietly walking behind him. He wasn't much of a tour guide, but he thought he aught to make some conversation with the woman,
"Ehh.. I will show you around the main studios… it must be pretty boring to you… Well I know you have been here before, so nothing much has changed since then, ," He glanced back at her only for a second,
"What am I saying nothing had changed since then?… "Then" I used to think she was Mukti, "Then" I hugged her in the middle of this damn floor in front of everyone, "Then" I used to feel something for her, "then" I hadn't kissed her like I had kissed her last night" He moved faster as he reanalyzed what he said and meant.
"No I'm not bored… it's good to get out of the house once in a while," Mukti added in hope of giving life to their polite driven conversation.
He shook his head agreeing to her comment, and turned to the office in the left of him.

He opened the door.
Mukti looked inside the room, people were buzzing around.
Within the grey coloured walls, it seemed as if all were talking to them selves, but with a closer look, Mukti realized they were all talking over the phone using a headset. They were so hectically absorbed in their work they didn't even notice their boss had arrived, until Prem cleared his throat.
The chaos at once came to a stand still as some faces looked at him in respect, some in fear and all the girls with nothing but desire.
"Carry on" Prem commanded.
The power he had over his employees was quite evident as to the power Tussar had when he walked in to the office building. Though Mukti didn't care as much about power, she found it mysteriously attractive, may be because it was one of those times she had seen him not engrossed on "Mukti's death" or avoiding her.

Prem walked in the midst of the crowd and Mukti followed him slowly.

Whilst most the men went about their work, the women Mukti could feel were ogling at her. She couldn't make out if they were jealous because she was with Prem or angry because they felt she was taking advantage of the fact she looked like Prem's lost love.

Next, they entered the main studio of the premises, where they took care of all the major shows aired by the channel. One of the producers explained Mukti of the procedures that took place at the studio. Whenever she sensed Prem's inquisitive eyes gazing at her each and every reaction, she found herself disconnected with all the technical details of the explanation. However, some instances, she would just know what the producer was talking about even before he finished his explanation, but she just couldn't pin point how she knew of a world she didn't even have a clue of, till today.

Then they started to walk again, Prem in front and Mukti behind.

Prem stopped facing the two iron doors of the elevator. He pushed a button and he waited impatiently for the two doors to separate.

After few seconds, the doors opened and they got in and stood behind the two men that were conversing very speedily in sign language. Prem as he pushed the button to the 10th floor he curiously looked at the two men who he had not seen around the building before.

The silent conversation in someway helped to hide the fact that Prem and Mukti were quiet.
Two floors later, the bell rang and one of the men got off the elevator.
"Devki I am sorry about last night" Prem turned to Mukti.
Mukti wasn't expecting to perceive any sounds out of him, not in the elevator with a man standing in front of them.
She with her eyes in part avoiding his words pointed at the man, who she thought Prem had forgotten about.
He smiled, at her gesture for she had overlooked something, then with his hand, he showed that the man was deaf, and whispered,
"He is deaf"
She smiled, at his gesticulation for if he thought the man was deaf Prem clearly didn't need to whisper about it.
Prem too saw the hilarity of it and smiled.

An unexpected shake in the elevator pushed Mukti to Prem and the hearing-impaired man was struck about the walls of the lift.
When the shudder stopped, the smiles stopped. Prem was accidentally holding her close to him
"Devki… Last night, I was drunk and confused, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to call you M..Mu….by her name… You looked so much like her, I didn't mean to do what I did, it just happened, I wasn't trying to take advantage of you" he told her.
Mukti pulled away from him
He repeated,
"I was drunk and confused,"
"It's.. It's fine.. I understand…" she stated looking at the square patterns on the floor.
"Oh thank god… I thought you might've thought I was having a bit of fun with you… or worse you If you had thought I had any feelings for you or I really loved you" Prem tactlessly blabbered out of joy, without considering how it would hurt her.
Her face changed from bad to worse before Prem could recognize why he shouldn't have said what he said. He opened his mouth trying to make amends to his reckless use of words.
The elevator bell rang again as the doors were opened to the 10th floor. Mukti quickly stepped out. She marched forward even though she didn't know where she was suppose to go.
It was harder to hear the truth she knew so well in his voice than her own."Why would he want to say it out loud that he didn't love me?, it's not like I don't know it already, What does he think of him self? What does he think of me? Does he think it's all I do?… wait around for him to fall in love with me?" her arrogance began to shroud the feelings she held for him and began to give birth to an innate egotism she didn't remember feeling all her life.

Prem felt a hand in his shoulder when he was about to step out.
"Man.. I don't know the whole story… about you two, but to me it seems like you two are in love"
Prem looked back in surprise at the man he thought to be deaf.
"Oh no I am not deaf my friend was" said the man inkling at the his friend who got off the lift before.
"You don't know the story between us… I don't love her… and it is none of your business" Prem furiously shoved the man's hand off his shoulder and walked off.
"I was just stating the obvious," the man shouted to the disappearing figure of Prem.

Prem felt him self getting more and more exasperated as he followed Devki for it seemed like apologizing is the only thing he had been doing ever since the day he met Mukti and Devki. Everything and anything he said or did eventually turn out to be a mistake; a beginning of a catastrophe.

She stopped and leaned to a door in the lonely hallway and glared at him as he approached her.

He paused for a moment before he began to walk again, but cautiously since she seemed a lioness waiting to take revenge upon a wretched human. He then stood leaning to the opposed wall.
"You know what Prem, I am over you, don't be so concerned about how sad I am going to be because you don't really love me.. I honestly don't care" She could feel her fists tightening in anger. If she truly didn't love him as much as she was trying to say she didn't, she would have thrown a full hearted punch at him.

He should have felt relieved hearing her say, "I am over you", but his heart reacted quite oppositely, making him fear that he had begun to forget about Mukti.
He stared at her stanched in wanting to know why he was so disappointed to hear the words "I am over you".
He began to puff in fury.
The more she resisted to stare back the more he wanted to stare back at her.
"I am not Mukti" She screamed out the truth but couldn't help but feel that it was a lie.
He was silently glaring at her, rage over powering his eyes.
"Yudi leave me alone," She roared not able to keep her stance against his defiant stare.
"How… How did you know that name?" Prem was now more confused than ever.
Mukti looked at her own feet puzzled
"What? I think I heard someone say it?" she said more to herself.
"You heard someone else call me by that name? Or did you just use it because someone said when Mukti gets angry she sometimes calls me Yudi?" He walked to her and added, "Is that, your way of making me fall for you?" Prem started to accuse Devki of scheming up plans to get him for he wanted to make sure that he wasn't to be blamed if he progressed to bear any sort of feelings towards Devki.
"Oh get over your self I might be a girl from a small town but I am not stupid enough to cry my self to sleep over you," She said what ever came to her mind.
"Oh you forgot something Devki, you are a thief from a small town, so how do I know all this is not an act? How do I know you are not out to get my property? How do I know you are not after my money?" He asked, possibly not wanting to show how hurt he was by the small town girl's words.
"Now I see everything so clearly, you are avoiding me not because you love Mukti but because you are afraid of loosing your property… You are still the money-obsessed man you have always been… I feel really bad for Mukti, And remember Prem I might look like Mukti but I am not stupid as her to wait around five years for you to come to your senses. And How dare you call me a thief when all you've ever done is steal from your own family" She fought back, her index finger pointed at him.
"How dare you!" Prem shouted as he went to her detaining her finger tightly, pushing her up against the door.

To be Contd....

Edited by kitty123 - 17 years ago
hIra_89 thumbnail
thnx sooooo much for updating its awesome
kitty123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *nIha*

thnx sooooo much for updating its awesome

Thanks😳

kitty123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *nIha*

sheesh man u made me cry

cry?

Bookworm87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
really great update!!cant wait for the next part!
kitty123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taran

really great update!!cant wait for the next part!

Thanks Taran😃