murder4 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

For all the deserving backlash he has been receiving off late, Imtiaz Ali's contribution should not be disregarded. 

He made one of the most loved and rewatchable movies of past decade in Jab We Met which has a strong cult following. Rockstar and Tamasha might be divisive but there is still a section that holds them in high regard.

I still feel Imtiaz has made more good films than bad but his last 2 has received lot of negativity from critics and public. 

Knowing industry can be fickle for directors, I feel we would might have seen last of Imtiaz atleast for a while. Established and upcoming actors would be apprehensive of working with him and box office petformance of his films also dont give much reason for producers to invest on his ideas.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I hope it is,

I wonder why people still agree to bankroll his recycled mess again!

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

To recycle love aaj kal was a bad idea to begin with. Also nobody can discredit him for the good work he has done but his script sense is deteriorating. I still love his work. JWM was his best work. Socha na tha is still one of my favs. I absolutely loved Rockstar, story was pretty trash but it was enjoyable in parts and I loved RK's acting in it. I also liked his take on Laila Majnu, I liked male lead's acting a lot but the screenplay was loose. I think he needs to introspect where he is going wrong and come back with something fresh like JWM or SNT.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

He's still banking on the goodwill from Jab We Met. But sooner or later he'll have to pay the piper.

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

i hope he vanishes from the face of the earth ..He deliberately keeps making these movies that test the patience of paying public .