What could be the alternative of TRP system ?

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Every good content show suffers and only trash exists because of this trp system.

Its 2020 and also its high time. People should start thinking about the alternative of this Television Rating Point System which is more like a big headache for probably everyone who dont want their shows to suffer.

What could be a true alternative for this ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashmitadas thumbnail

If truth to be told  according to  me this show is suffering most in trp ratings  because it's being telecasted in hotstar before the prime time which is 9 pm. Most of us who don't get time and even if  we have,  we prefer to watch the show on hotstar in the morning itself and don't bother to see it on television with all advertisements coming in between. 

Blackwind thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neonholic

Every good content show suffers and only trash exists because of this trp system.

Its 2020 and also its high time. People should start thinking about the alternative of this Television Rating Point System which is more like a big headache for probably everyone who dont want their shows to suffer.

good question👍🏼....may be they can consider the overall ratings wherever it is viewed(including online) not only those selected viewers where the trp tracing equipment is used.

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Well first of all the indian broadcasting industry needs to find a better way to record all viewership. I mean a country with 1+ billion people only records some thousands of viewers for tv ratings? That's utterly ridiculous. Imagine how much money tv industry would make if a larger audience population was recorded? There would be far more investments into tv 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Amir Khan during Satyamev Jayate posted a very eye opening discussion on trps etc I am unable to find it now, but if someone can, pls do post 

Arko1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Well first of all the indian broadcasting industry needs to find a better way to record all viewership. I mean a country with 1+ billion people only records some thousands of viewers for tv ratings? That's utterly ridiculous. Imagine how much money tv industry would make if a larger audience population was recorded? There would be far more investments into tv 

Very true. Only 30,000 houses has trp meter what about others. Thats truly unfair ! India is a vast population country and if we get the alternative of this trp system and that alternative measures the viewership i am sure there will be no existence of this long lengthly 1000 episode shows coz nowadays even rural people prefers content i saw that infront of my eyes. The shows getting highest trps (targetting kdb) will become the lowest in the chart. Entire game will change !

We really need to buck up. If we could count the entire population the television industry would have been the richest and starcast and crew would have received ample amount of money, love, respect and support for their content.

Edited by Neonholic - 4 years ago
Arko1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

Amir Khan during Satyamev Jayate posted a very eye opening discussion on trps etc I am unable to find it now, but if someone can, pls do post 

If you ever get that discussion kindly do not forget to share it here with us 😊

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There can be no alternative to TRP system. 

If you are an advertiser, wouldn’t you want to put your ads when most people watch TV? That is what TRP is for. 
BARC should increase its sample size and improve its algorithms. Such a change will not happen until the stake holders discuss it with BARC. So it is not in our hands. 

IshRaian thumbnail

Very true. Only 30,000 houses has trp meter what about others. Thats truly unfair ! India is a vast population country and if we get the alternative of this trp system and that alternative measures the viewership i am sure there will be no existence of this long lengthly 1000 episode shows coz nowadays even rural people prefers content i saw that infront of my eyes. The shows getting highest trps (targetting kdb) will become the lowest in the chart. Entire game will change !

We really need to buck up. If we could count the entire population the television industry would have been the richest and starcast and crew would have received ample amount of money, love, respect and support for their content.

Even if they increase the sample size, I don’t think shows like KDB will get affected. That show is hugely popular especially in rural areas. 

You have to understand that the average Indian is not very smart. Rural areas have lower literacy rates. Shows like KDB cater to the sensibilities of these audiences (I don’t mean to judge those who watch the show) 

Why don’t we have shows like Prison Break and The Mentalist in India? Because our sensibilities are different. The average Indian is still conservative and not very intelligent (not judging once again) 

IshRaian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blackwind

good question👍🏼....may be they can consider the overall ratings wherever it is viewed(including online) not only those selected viewers where the trp tracing equipment is used.

The thing is for shows like KHKT which have 1.6ish ratings, HS viewership is not going to increase this number by much. 

In fact this is true for any show. More people would watch it on TV than on Hotstar. 
in most households, people just turn on the TV even if they are not exactly watching. 
There are 740 million active TV viewers in India whereas HS has only 200 million active viewers (that not all these 200m watch Hindi TV shows makes the actual number even smaller).