DHLJ Round 1 : *~* Preyu’s dreamy valentine Date *~*

Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Title: Dreamy Valentine’s

Summary: Prerna and Anjali are at the mall discussing Valentine’s Day. Prerna goes off to dreamland envisioning her perfect valentine’s date. Anjali finally jolts her back to reality.

Type: Group Challenge, Team Prerna, KZK2 Valentine’s 2020

Word Count: Exactly 1,500 words.

Song: Coleske Brothers: To Make You Feel My Love / Original by Bob Dylan

*·.·´¯`·.·* *·.·´¯`·. K Z K .·´¯`·.·* *·.·´¯`·.·*

The kitschy hearts and balloons that festooned every available surface in the mall only served as a stark reminder that Valentine’s Day was quickly approaching. And this year, like the one before, it served as a palpable reminder of the one thing Prerna’s romantic heart wouldn't give up on: a true love. Although far removed from the ostentatious appurtenances and grandiose declarations of love, Prerna believed that her love was something that should be shared and celebrated throughout the year. Such overtly displays, which were limited to a specific day every year,only served to annoy those who were already tainted by love – or those still seeking it.

“Prerna!” Anjali’s familiar, yet urgent call cut over the crowds.

Prerna turned to look for her friend, the very friend who happened to be the reason why they were at the mall in the first place.

“Have you found what you are looking for?” Prerna asked when Anjali caught up to her.

“Well not exactly,there are just so many nice things here it’s hard to decide.” Anjali held up a bright red fabric heart and asked, “What do you think? Too much?”

Prerna had no idea how she should answer her friend, because it all seemed far too over-the-top for her. Prerna opted for an honest response and said, “I think people spend too much time romanticizing Valentine’s Day.”

“Ha!” Anjali playfully scoffed, “This from the girl who lives for romance, and keeps her nose in books filled with romantic notions.”

“This,” Prerna said, pointing to the fabric heart,“…is not what I see when I imagine romance. Love and romance are not limited to one day a year.”

“Oh, really, so you’ve never imagined your dream date and what he would give you. Be real, Prerna, every girl has done that.”

Prerna stares off into the distance, a small smile tugging at her lips…

Prerna adjusted the folds of her dress for the umpteenth time, swallowing at the lump that had lodged itself in her throat and refused to budge. If her heart pounded any harder, she felt it would leap out of her chest. As she sneaked a quick look at the mirror to check if her curls were still intact, her eyes caught those of her brother.

"Is everything alright, Priyu? It's not the fear of tripping over your heels that has your face so green, is it?"

Prerna shot her laughing brother a dark look. Now, why did he have to say such a thing? She had chosen her ankle length, red tulle gown because she loved the way it encased her waist so snugly and flared into a cloud of red fabric. But if her shoes caught in the material and caused her to fall flat on her face on her perfect night...

Her heart started to pound in an increased tempo. Her fluttering emotions would not calm, for she was still shocked by the fact that he’d actually asked her. Excitement bubbled within, not entirely unlike the nervousness that usually overcame her before an important exam. It was further augmented by the fact that she had no idea as to what to expect, for he’d been obstinately ambiguous as to where they were going. All he’d told her was that it would be memorable. It all added to her trepidation, for she had no idea if what she had chosen would be fitting.

The doorbell chimed and she watched as Shekar opened the door, calling over his shoulder, “Prerna, your date's here!” He gestured for the man to step inside.

He was dressed in a stark white shirt and dark trousers that emphasized his narrow waist. A well worn leather jacket was draped over his arm. He greeted her family and declined the invitation for tea, stating, “My apologies, but perhaps another time.”

His eyes met hers and softened, "Shall we? "

Prerna willed the butterflies in her stomach to calm as she nodded, then asked, "Should I get something warm?"

"No, you are perfect."

The sun was lowering in the sky, casting the world in various shades of orange and pink, adding a reddish-pink tinge to distant clouds, as he led her to the awaiting open-top carriage drawn by a single white horse. The coachman greeted her while her date opened the small door and assisted her onto the carriage. Their trip was unhurried. The rhythmic thud of the horse’s feet on the path along with the beating of her hear quickly established a rhythm, while his voice served as the lyrics as they engaged in idle chit chat. Warmth emanated from her partner as he moved closer. His hand sought hers. Their fingers instantly curved into position as Prerna watched the skyline darken and the first stars appear.

“This is beautiful and so unexpected, ” said Prerna, turning to look at him.

“Nothing, for you, is too much trouble, my dear.”

Illuminated by only the moon, their surroundings seemed to glow. There was a slight chill in the evening air that went unnoticed by both.

The carriage came to a standstill near a path illuminate on either side by flickering candles. He dismounted from the carriage and then turned and held out his hand to assist her down. Smiling lovingly at her, he blindly closed the door and dismissed the driver. He again took hold of her hand as they walked side-by-side along the softly lit pathway that ended at a beautifully decorated area with a table set for them with flowers and candles. Gentle music played in the background as he held her chair for her and assisted her. He then moved to take his place and said, while gesturing to their surroundings, “I wanted just the two of us to spend some time together tonight.”

His words warmed her heart and caused her to blush.

His eyes were warm, expressive and inviting as he looked at her. He reached out and took hold of her hand, then said, “Thank you for agreeing to come with me. Tonight, only the moon will be our witness.” He then released her hand and made a gesture with his hand. From seemingly nowhere a waiter appeared to serve them.

Prerna smiled shyly, it was not that she would have turned him down, she felt the attraction and liked being with him.

They shared light, playful banter during their meal. He was charming, but that was not what made him unique or special. It was the way she felt cared-for when she was with him. A sense of apprehension filled her as their meal drew to a close. She did not want their evening together to ever end. He fed her chocolate-dipped strawberries with his hand causing her heart to pound even more. He then handed her a single red rose and stated, “It’s time for us to go.”

Her heart felt heavy as they rose from their seats. A shiver from her had him slip out of his jacket and offer it to her. Its softness and warmth, combined with his unique scent, quickly permeated her senses as he led her away. His proximity lulled her senses, like melted chocolate dripped and flowed over one’s tongue.

“You never told me what your fascination is with the moon?” he invited as she slipped her hand into the crook of his elbow.

“No matter wherein the world I am, if I am parted from a loved one, I know that when I look up at the moon, I will see the same moon they are. It ties us together, no matter how great the distance is.”

They walked side-by-side for a short distance when music again drifted on the gentle breeze. The music filtered out of a cave entrance. Prerna hesitated for a moment, causing him to say, “This is your other surprise.”

They entered the passageway, which soon opened up to a beautifully candle-lit chamber. It was decorated with flowers and garlands, while the scent of Egyptian violets and Elemi infused the area. He turned her towards him and took the rose from her hand. Confused she watched as he shortened the stem and then moved to slip it into her hair. Once done, he extended his hand to her and asked, “Care to dance?”

She willingly accepted and stepped into his embrace. His hold was gentle as he guided her across the floor. The words slowly filtered through her conscious causing her to pull back and look directly into his eyes, they were gentle, expressionate.

I know you haven’t made your mind up yet,

but I will never do you wrong.

I’ve known it from the moment that we met.

there’s no doubt in my mind where you belong.

There was no doubt in hers either…

“PRERNA!!!” Anjali’s urgent and agitated call cut through the fog, jolting Prerna back into the present. “Where in heaven’s name did you go? No, don’t worry, your smile says everything. You can tell me later, we’ve got to go."

*·.·´¯`·.·* *·.·´¯`·. K Z K .·´¯`·.·* *·.·´¯`·.·*

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Credit to our dreamy writer 😍😍😍

reel_real thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mesmerizing OS

Great work Team Prerna👏

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Really beautiful OS 

Great job team Prerna 👏

Koeli thumbnail

This is so beautiful and dreamy... 

loved reading it. <3

All the best 

Amphitrite thumbnail

A dreamy OS indeed guys

Loved the way how Prerna from reality went to Isles of Dreams

It was so smooth. The transition was good👏

And the dream date was amazing😃

Loved her picturization of the perfect man. A classic but different Prince Charming😳

You guys have perfectly portrayed Prerna's character as the one who floats in fantasy

Just like how Prerna is.😆

A superb job done by you guys👍🏼

Edited by Alexia_Wilson - 4 years ago
opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Great Job Team Preyu 🥳

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

This is so dreamy and beautiful 

It was a delight to read 🤗

Great OS❤️

Sutapasima thumbnail

Liked the Os team Prerna . Good team work👍🏼 

Sutapasima thumbnail

The horse carriage dream takes me to my fav mills n boon romance ... loved it my friends .❤️