Nimmo to go off air

minnie25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Ho gaya Nimmo ka! A still from Nimmo...

Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka? Ironically, the show failed to garner good TRPs and it's going off air soon. The last episode will be aired on January 18.

When contacted, Shailaja Kejriwal, senior creative director of Star confirmed the news. She said, "Yes, it is going off air since the story is coming to a logical conclusion. The show's been on air for more than one year. It's been a popular serial on Star One. We shouldn't compare it with the soaps on Star Plus, since those belong to a different genre altogether. We are happy with whatever we have achieved so far. Nimmo has been a character-driven story which had to come to a definite end," she added.

So, which serial is going to replace Nimmo…? "We are still working on the time slots because of KBC and the re-shuffling is going on at present," she added.

Sanjeeda Sheikh aka Nimmo said, "I had a great time working in Nimmo… It was a great learning experience for me. I consider myself lucky to have got such a brilliant break. I think it is better to wind up a serial before audiences start getting bored."

So, what new projects are on the anvil? "First of all, I think, I deserve a much-needed break after all this. I am going on a long holiday. Then, I will be concentrating on South Indian movies. As for doing soaps, talks are on and nothing has been finalised as yet," she added.

Did Ekta approach her again? "I can't disclose the details. But, I am going to be back in Balaji for sure," she said.

Courtesy: Mumbai Mirror

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natasshafan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! Eijoooooooooooooooooo!!!! 😭 😭 😭
But happy they don't want to bore us! 😳
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It's for the good! 😊
It was one of the best Ekta shows when it came out....I prefer to live with the good memories 😃 😳
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yeah I'm happy its winding up instead of dragging on
**Tinkerbell** thumbnail
aww thats so sad 😭 😭 but im glad its coming to an end, they just ruined the storyline...but is this article correct?cus im sure nimmo started last april mayish?hasnt even been a year yet?
kaash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thank God..they don want to bore us 😃 😃 😃

but i'll miss eijoo 😭
bijal81 thumbnail
am so glad it finally getting over.....serial had become sucha bore....it was comedy & now has become a sad..melo story.....

good job to those who decided to wrap it up
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
😭 I am going to miss Kunal's character, but I hope for a happy ending with Nimmo and her true love Kunal. And Natasha is such a bore that let her fade out of his life. And going to miss chatting about all of them.
srkfan21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
eijooo....no no... 😭 but after all its for good,,,,,though..
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i say its about time.. the only t hing bad is that EJAZ!!! i hope he does another serial or something SOON!! does anyone no if he is gona or is doingit now?

plz do pm me if u no..