Ep 48: Tum mujhme qaid ho aur main tum me uljha hua hu

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

This dialogue by Rudra aptly suggests the MayRa equation at present. Maya has been locked in Rudra's circle of love, his light, whereas Rudra is still coming to terms with Maya and her darkness, trying to understand every nook and crannies of her darkness, to know where he can start working on healing her. Well, we have had enough of MayRa for two days, so let's talk about Maya and Mrityunjay tonight, as the episode belonged to them and Rudra standing between them. 

Maya's entry - The entry was beautifully done. She entering as Rudra's Rudrani and the Aigiri Nandini chanting in the background was purely divine. Bahut maanta hai na Mrityunjay Maa Durga ko, ab yahin Maa tumko batayegi ki Maa aur Maya kya cheez hai. It also had a Mahabharat inference here, because Krishna apne Arjun ko Kurukshetra le kar aa gaya. And there will be a continuous reversal of roles here when Rudra will be Krishna and Maya will be Arjun and vice versa. But what pleased me thoroughly was the expressions of everyone - especially Ananya. I am sorry, but I am not sorry.😆

The bracelet of beads - So the important thing here, Rudra's bracelet which was the cause of all her pain and agony that shaped Maya flowed away into the Ganges. And that was replaced by the black and white beads which symbolized Rudra's light and Maya's darkness which blended together in love, something which Rudra made that symbolized their love and something which Maya grasped onto for strength when she was one-on-one with Mrityunjay. That bracelet just brought in the wave of fury in her eyes to challenge him to tell Rudra everything about her, and of course, himself. Where one bracelet pushed Maya into the horrors of her past, this bracelet gave her strength and courage, which unintentionally fell off Rudra's hand into hers when he went to comfort his mother. Another foreshadowing that Rudra may be Maya's strength, but even in his absence their symbol of love which has been handcrafted for them will be Maya's strength. Rudra physically present ho ya na ho, wo Maya ki shakti banega.

Rudra and Maya's paradise - Again tonight it was emphasized that outsiders, even if they are family have no place in the MayRa love equation. That will always remain private. The way Rudra welcomed his Rudrani, the way he took her to their room, the way he made her comfortable with him, was all very warm and affectionate, something Maya has always craved for, but is getting at the worst time of her life, poor Maya. Even the fact that their intimacy will be Maya's choice were signs of Rudra being Maya's partner and not owner, but the kiss of admiration on her forehead will always stay because that is his right on his "hot wife" Oh Rudy, you are love.🤗 

Preview into the Past - Well now here it goes, Maya ending her last chapter of the story of Mrityunjay's destruction going back to the first chapter of Manvi's destruction. Yes, Manvi Singh, the hasti masti Maya who was an employee of Mrityunjay's. If I go by anything, Mrityunjay looks like he stalked and harassed Manvi and probably pressurized her into giving in to his advances. But why would she do that, with a married man? I do not know. I guess the further we get to know, the more we will understand.

Handshake - Handshake has played a very important role in this show. Mostly between Maya and Rudra, but tonight we also saw between Manvi and Mrityunjay. Handshake is a symbol of partnership, of equality. Rudra has always treated Maya as an equal, hence he has always been the one to extend the hand for a handshake, but Maya always cowered away because she saw Mrityunjay in him. Then in the most adverse situations, when Maya is breaking down, again it has been Rudra extending his hand and Maya grabbing onto it for dear life. When Rudra broke down on Rishi's demise, it was Maya who extended her hand for support and Rudra took it. When Rudra left the choice on Maya to accept his love, she extended her hand and Rudra took it. Both of them held each others' hands when they took the seven vows of marriage. The trajectory of the role of hands in their relationship progressed from partnership to friendship to love to marriage. Now coming to Manvi and Mrityunjay. Manvi is excited to work for Mrityunjay's company, and she extends her hand to greet him, and he ignores her and walks away. That is the first sign of condescension. Mrityunjay does not look at a woman as equals or even partners, hence no handshaking or hand-holding. Maya was just a toy for Mrityunjay, not an equal. The MayRa equation and the MritVi equation will be a solid comparative analysis not just how both father and son see women, but how Manvi and Maya were different. Excited to see the blast of Maya's past - Manvi Singh.

Dialogue which rang bells in my mind:

Rudra to Mrityunjay - Agar aap ek baar meri Maya ko jaan jayenge na, to aap bhi isse pyaar karne lagenge

Aisa na bol Rudy, na bol.😭Tera baap pyaar ka kuch aur hi matlab samjhta hai. Please aisa na bol. Mujhe sun ke bahut darr lag raha hai. Kuch aisa na ho. Please bahut galat khyaal aa rahe hai iss dialogue ke baare me. But I don't trust Mrityunjay at all. He knows Manvi Singh, he knows nothing of Maya. And she is steeped in that darkness into which he pushed her. She is just as crazy and sanki as him. I am getting very Anjaam film ka Shahrukhish vibes from here. The full encore of Maya Mehrotra in Mrityunjay Roy with all the devilry. Arre baap re.

Other Highlights:

To Daddu apne zamaane ke Ranjit the, I mean ab bhi hai, lekin ab to pota poti khilane ka time aa gaya hai. But kuch keh nahi sakte iss aadmi ka🤔

Antara ka role sirf rone-dhone aur behosh hone ka bach gaya kya😵. Iss aurat ko koi hosh me lao, bahut saalon se behosh padi hai. Maya please ab inn ko hosh me lao

Ananya ka chehra jab nazar aaye! Adnan Sami ka gaana nahi tha😆. Woh aisa muh banake kyun gayi. Woh kya expect kar rahi thi. Rudra agar Maya ke bina laut ke aata na, tab bhi shaadi nahi hoti teri. In fact Rudra to apni Maya ke bagair laut ta hi nahi.

One more thing, when Maya stepped in, Rudra stopped her, telling her that she needs to put in the right leg first. Goes on to show ki agar Rudra ke saath chalna hai, to sahi kadam bada ke chalna hoga.

Anyway, that's from me tonight. Main thoda sair karke aati hu Beyhadh ka. Till then, please share your thoughts for tonight

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Beautiful episode and u have analyzed it well. I thought u will take that dialogue hence I didnt make an analysis of it. See Durga has come Roy Mansion and MJ is afraid. Yes for the first time MJ is afraid and those beads made Maya attack him and push him into defence. MJ has never been on defence, he was always on attack mode. He never thought a woman can push him to defence mode. Alas he should have known Maa Durga better who killed Mahisasur who got the boon only a woman can defeat him thinking a woman is incapable of war and destroying a demon like him. MJ who has not understood the divine feminine is soon going to know its power, the power of Maya which Maya showed today by keeping his hand on her head when Rudra entered.

NamuVyas thumbnail

🤗.. waited for ur post today..  MM is gaayab 😒

So finally maa durga enters Roy mansion.. durga is in every woman, MJ only respected and prayed the one in the idol and abused the ones in real.. every woman surrounding him has been some way only been used.. thankfully his karma is his own son..

The shock that all had.. MJ still knows how to intimidate.. his steps towards Maya and her steps backwards in fear and hurting her wrist with her nails is a big indication of the hell she went through.. Rudra held her hand which was hurting herself.. he will not let her take any pain even from herself.. that little moment when she held his arm and gave a tensed smile.. I went all awwwie.. rudra already sensed her tension and scare..

The white bead bracelet.. such a beautiful idea by the Cvs.. rudra kissed it with his love and it was in his hand.. and later in the bedroom. Maya kissed it too..when he left to see antara,  maya held on to it with the 2 white beads still visible.. Rudra is with her in all strength and so much so that she could answer BACK Mj to go ahead and tell the truth.. Maya believes in the promises of Rudra and the strength that love has given her.. he was back in no time to take the ashirwad.. he even commented to MJ that the blessing is not just for him..

Rudra was pure love today.. he did the little arti for his love , showed his room and went naughty on showing his bed .. and he has his own lovely moon.. and the whole intimacy was so natural and beautiful.. Maya has a lot going on in her head at the moment.. Rudra giving her the right to choose and giving her space but keeping his right to kiss her forehead just made me teary eyed.. the makers really know how to portray subtle respective romance without any mush hats off.. 

Maya will give in but first Rudra has to prove his promises.. till now its love and promises made.. circumstances will be thrown by MJ at them.. 

Parallels will be drawn between Rudra and MJ for sure and we are waiting like how.. the son who gently handles her and cups her face to the father who strangled her mercilessly.. 

Finally we have the past.. maya in white and full of life.. lusted by a man twice her age.. hmm interesting as it gets I really wanna know the past now.. 

Armu4eva thumbnail

Beautiful post. I think every reader was waiting for you, MM, and Shreya to post 

I loveeedd the episode because it was superbly balanced between the three pillars of this show❤️. 

MJ and his rage at seeing someone from his past dare step into his life

Rudra and his joy at starting the journey of love in his life

Maya and her head & heart moving forward towards their respective goals- the head after MJs destruction and the heart after Rudras love. 

The makers did very well taking us to the beginning of Manvis end as Maya started to write MJs end. There will be parallels as namu rightly mentioned between- MJ as the destroyer of Manvi and Rudra as the protector of Maya. 

Rudra Roy was pure love today. The way he welcomed Maya as Devi Swarup and did the post wedding rituals was beautiful. He even got on full loverboy mode but realised Mayas hesitation and gave her time & space but also let her know, he would not stop pursuing her romantically. Attaboy🤗

I want to give a shout out to the trio- Jen, Ashish, Shivin. What an engaging play of emotions. Love it. 

Talking of symbolism, did post in Shruti & Shreyas posts- Durga entered Mahishasurs Den as a Suhagan. Shivs trishul- his strength and Sindoor- his love were with Maya in the form of the red churni & bead bracelet. Even in Rudra absence, Maya can fight MJ by the power of their love. Also Maya is Durga for Rudra - his beloved and partner whereas she is Kali for MJ- his end. 

Rudra represented Shivs romantic side. Shiv deeply loves Shakti in all her forms and Rudra represented that. Shiv is called Bholenath coz there is no pretense in him. He is as he feels. Rudras love was out there for all to see. Maya was a blushing mess. I hope once Rudra fulfils his promises, Maya will truly accept him in every way. Also Shivji talking of HIS moon in HIS arms😆 moon bhi apka, Durga bhi apki hi hai😳

The MJ bracelet got replaced by MayRas bracelet and again hints Rudra is a focal point of this tussle. Earlier he had MJs influence, now only MayRas love. I loved how Maya kissed the white beads representing Rudras light and Rudra kissed thr black beads representing Mayas darkness. 👏

Exciting times ahead especially when & how Rudra finds out the truth. 

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Beautiful episode and u have analyzed it well. I thought u will take that dialogue hence I didnt make an analysis of it. See Durga has come Roy Mansion and MJ is afraid. Yes for the first time MJ is afraid and those beads made Maya attack him and push him into defence. MJ has never been on defence, he was always on attack mode. He never thought a woman can push him to defence mode. Alas he should have known Maa Durga better who killed Mahisasur who got the boon only a woman can defeat him thinking a woman is incapable of war and destroying a demon like him. MJ who has not understood the divine feminine is soon going to know its power, the power of Maya which Maya showed today by keeping his hand on her head when Rudra entered.

Thanks, @shruthiravi.😊 It was truly a beautiful episode.

Maya's entry in the Roy mansion. Rudra's Rudrani (Durga) entered the mansion. It was Durga's way of showing Mrityunjay, "Son, your time is up." Mrityunjay is truly the Mahishasur here because he was an arrogant power-hungry man who had zero respect for women and, and he also lusted for Parvati. Now in the context of Maya, Mrityunjay lusted for Manvi and destroyed her because number one, she was a weakling, second, she was just another girl, and third, he had zero regards for her or her life, her family or child. 

Now Manvi has returned as Maya. And Mrityunjay knows nothing about Maya. He doesn't know how she functions. He doesn't know how dangerous she can be. He doesn't know how 'sanki' she is. And I have doubts, and I hope that it doesn't come true, but Mrityunjay may again go and lust for Maya and try to separate her from Rudra and hurt her. Like I don't rely too much on Mrityunjay's "LOVE" for Diya, clearly, it's very toxic, but I think he likes her because she is a lot like him, but she doesn't display it. So, if he sees that Maya is crazy and zany as he is, he might pursue her, and try to separate her from Rudra. He is surely a sick man, a man who can only see a woman as a commodity, so I just hope it doesn't go in that direction. Mrityunjay can easily bump off Diya whenever he wants and Antara is just a means to an end. Bas meri soch sach na ho.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NamuVyas

🤗.. waited for ur post today..  MM is gaayab 😒

Hey Namrata, I too was expecting M's post. Par she did not turn up. So I made my own post. Truly a beautiful episode.

So finally maa durga enters Roy mansion.. durga is in every woman, MJ only respected and prayed the one in the idol and abused the ones in real.. every woman surrounding him has been some way only been used.. thankfully his karma is his own son..

Very true. They have been manipulated, controlled, lusted, but never respected. Rudra and his Rudrani will show what a woman's strength is when a man truly understands that strength and respects her for that.

The shock that all had.. MJ still knows how to intimidate.. his steps towards Maya and her steps backwards in fear and hurting her wrist with her nails is a big indication of the hell she went through.. Rudra held her hand which was hurting herself.. he will not let her take any pain even from herself.. that little moment when she held his arm and gave a tensed smile.. I went all awwwie.. rudra already sensed her tension and scare..

Mrityunjay thinks that he knows how to tackle Manvi. But she isn't Manvi anymore. She is Maya. Mrityunjay knows nothing of Maya, not as much as Rudra knows, and definitely not as much as Rajiv knows. Maya is ferocious, dangerous and sanki. He hasn't seen any of this. So, yes in this equation, Maya has an upper hand, because her strength is Rudra, but her weapon is illusion.

The white bead bracelet.. such a beautiful idea by the Cvs.. rudra kissed it with his love and it was in his hand.. and later in the bedroom. Maya kissed it too..when he left to see antara,  maya held on to it with the 2 white beads still visible.. Rudra is with her in all strength and so much so that she could answer BACK Mj to go ahead and tell the truth.. Maya believes in the promises of Rudra and the strength that love has given her.. he was back in no time to take the ashirwad.. he even commented to MJ that the blessing is not just for him..

I agree on that. It was beautifully done.

Rudra was pure love today.. he did the little arti for his love , showed his room and went naughty on showing his bed .. and he has his own lovely moon.. and the whole intimacy was so natural and beautiful.. Maya has a lot going on in her head at the moment.. Rudra giving her the right to choose and giving her space but keeping his right to kiss her forehead just made me teary eyed.. the makers really know how to portray subtle respective romance without any mush hats off.. 

Rudra welcomed his Rudrani to his abode. The way he stopped her from using the wrong leg and asked her to step in with the right leg. It has started. Rudra's influence will push her down a path where she cannot take any wrong step. She will have to take the right steps to deal with people of th Roy clan, Their intimacy was truly heartwarming. 

Maya will give in but first Rudra has to prove his promises.. till now its love and promises made.. circumstances will be thrown by MJ at them.. 

She will give in, but she cannot give in too much to him. Her revenge is the priority now. But Rudra will not give up so easily. His "bed thoughts" need to be fulfilled.😉

Parallels will be drawn between Rudra and MJ for sure and we are waiting like how.. the son who gently handles her and cups her face to the father who strangled her mercilessly.. 

That parallel will make Maya love Rudra even more, and loathe Mrityunjay even more. I really want to know Mrityunjay's perspective. Was she just another girl for him, or even there was 0.1% something he felt for her. But the demon inside him took over him and tore that girl's life apart.

Finally we have the past.. maya in white and full of life.. lusted by a man twice her age.. hmm interesting as it gets I really wanna know the past now.. 

Let's see, how it plays out.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Beautiful post. I think every reader was waiting for you, MM, and Shreya to post 

I loveeedd the episode because it was superbly balanced between the three pillars of this show❤️. 

MJ and his rage at seeing someone from his past dare step into his life

Rudra and his joy at starting the journey of love in his life

Maya and her head & heart moving forward towards their respective goals- the head after MJs destruction and the heart after Rudras love. 

The makers did very well taking us to the beginning of Manvis end as Maya started to write MJs end. There will be parallels as namu rightly mentioned between- MJ as the destroyer of Manvi and Rudra as the protector of Maya. 

Rudra Roy was pure love today. The way he welcomed Maya as Devi Swarup and did the post wedding rituals was beautiful. He even got on full loverboy mode but realised Mayas hesitation and gave her time & space but also let her know, he would not stop pursuing her romantically. Attaboy🤗

I want to give a shout out to the trio- Jen, Ashish, Shivin. What an engaging play of emotions. Love it. 

Talking of symbolism, did post in Shruti & Shreyas posts- Durga entered Mahishasurs Den as a Suhagan. Shivs trishul- his strength and Sindoor- his love were with Maya in the form of the red churni & bead bracelet. Even in Rudra absence, Maya can fight MJ by the power of their love. Also Maya is Durga for Rudra - his beloved and partner whereas she is Kali for MJ- his end. 

Rudra represented Shivs romantic side. Shiv deeply loves Shakti in all her forms and Rudra represented that. Shiv is called Bholenath coz there is no pretense in him. He is as he feels. Rudras love was out there for all to see. Maya was a blushing mess. I hope once Rudra fulfils his promises, Maya will truly accept him in every way. Also Shivji talking of HIS moon in HIS arms😆 moon bhi apka, Durga bhi apki hi hai😳

The MJ bracelet got replaced by MayRas bracelet and again hints Rudra is a focal point of this tussle. Earlier he had MJs influence, now only MayRas love. I loved how Maya kissed the white beads representing Rudras light and Rudra kissed thr black beads representing Mayas darkness. 👏

Exciting times ahead especially when & how Rudra finds out the truth. 

Thanks, Tanu. Appreciate it.🤗 I was expecting M's post yaar. Still waiting for you @MoronskiMallika

Maya has shifted from her Kali form to her sublime Rudrani form - the wife, the love, the life of Rudra. Shiva was not just Pravati's husband, he was her guru also who guided her towards her strength, who pushed her to the brink of her weakness so that she emerged as the strong Kali. Kali is uncontrolled, raw nature, but she can be tamed. Shiva guided her on how to channel that energy, channel that anger to vanquish her enemies. And that is what Rudra did today. Rudra not just welcomed her, but also guided her in the direction she should be taking henceforth.

Rudra is in love with his wife. But his wife is his partner. He respects her, values her, and no wonder Maya is also crazy about him. But she still has her reservations. I hope she overcomes them soon and wholeheartedly accepts his love.

Mrityunjay is bloody crazy. He threatens to Maya that he will tell the truth. Aur woh kya muh band karke baithi rahegi? Aur daddu, abhi abhi bete ke saath rishta juda hai. Aur Maya ka Rudra se usse pehle jud chuka tha. Zyaada confidence dikhane ka zarurat nahi hai Rudra pe. And Mrityunjay is also bloody scared, I mean the beast in him took over, which never comes out before anyone. And he thinks to scare her will work. Maya needs to show him ki asli sanki kaun hai.

Melkor thumbnail

Hi.I am new to the forum but I have been a silent reader since the past few days.Wonderful analysis as usual 👏

The entire sequence of Maya stepping into the Roy mansion was beautifully shot and the reactions of everyone to her entrance were captured aptly.The Aigiri Nandini chant was the cherry on top of the cake. For the first time,MJ's past has come back to haunt him in his face.The significance of the Mahishasurmardini stotram as you pointed out was to highlight MJ as Mahishasur,Maya as Maa Durga and Rudra as Mahadev.I also feel that this Mahishasur of Beyhadh is going to act as Rakhtbeej as well,i.e,become more menacing with every attack on him due to which Maya will have to take the Kali roop.And once again it will be upto her husband Rudra to calm her down.

An interesting part about the scene was that unlike the promo,Maya wasn't unaffected by MJ. At first she was terrified of him due to her trauma and PTSD.It would have been odd if a fear which was so deeply ingrained in her psyche had disappeared immediately.However she regained her strength after that momentary lapse and was able to look into his eyes directly and challenge him.Part of it was due to the fact that she wasn't the naive Manvi whom he had wronged in the past but Maya who had immersed herself into a darkness as deep as his own.Part of it was due to the fact that she had Rudra by her side.Rudra is Maya's armour and shield at this phase of her war against MJ. And when the time comes he will be her sword as well.

The MJ × Manvi equation in the flashbacks is interesting but puzzling as well.It was evident that MJ had his eyes on Manvi but I am curious to know why she lowered her defences in front of him.Because from the initial flashbacks,it was evident that she had loved him once upon a time before he destroyed her life.

About that line - "Once you get to know my Maya,you would fall for her too" - it sounds like a foreshadowing of some sort to me. A constant theme of Beyhadh has always been sanak and obsession. MJ might have got bored with the angelic Manvi but this sanki and dark Maya would definitely bring out the sanak which lies dormant within him right now.She is something which he can neither understand nor control and this is what will drive him crazy. He keeps Diya by his side not out of love but because she is loyal and obedient and doesn't question his nefarious actions. Rather she is a willing partner and always gives him the feeling of being in power. But this Maya Jaisingh Roy who is moulded by his own darkness,who doesn't cower before him will pose as a challenge to him. 

And a thought crossed my mind which is weird but not impossible. The "Jai" in Maya Jaisingh is more or less taken from Mrityunjay's name.Prateik Sharma is extremely particular about naming his characters and he never names them without a purpose.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

Hi.I am new to the forum but I have been a silent reader since the past few days.Wonderful analysis as usual 👏

Hey L, beyhadh welcome to our forum. Thank you. Appreciate it

The entire sequence of Maya stepping into the Roy mansion was beautifully shot and the reactions of everyone to her entrance were captured aptly.The Aigiri Nandini chant was the cherry on top of the cake. For the first time,MJ's past has come back to haunt him in his face.The significance of the Mahishasurmardini stotram as you pointed out was to highlight MJ as Mahishasur,Maya as Maa Durga and Rudra as Mahadev.I also feel that this Mahishasur of Beyhadh is going to act as Rakhtbeej as well,i.e,become more menacing with every attack on him due to which Maya will have to take the Kali roop.And once again it will be upto her husband Rudra to calm her down.

Yes, I completely agree.

An interesting part about the scene was that unlike the promo,Maya wasn't unaffected by MJ. At first she was terrified of him due to her trauma and PTSD.It would have been odd if a fear which was so deeply ingrained in her psyche had disappeared immediately.However she regained her strength after that momentary lapse and was able to look into his eyes directly and challenge him.Part of it was due to the fact that she wasn't the naive Manvi whom he had wronged in the past but Maya who had immersed herself into a darkness as deep as his own.Part of it was due to the fact that she had Rudra by her side.Rudra is Maya's armour and shield at this phase of her war against MJ. And when the time comes he will be her sword as well.

True absolutely. Because of something so deeply ingrained in her system will not go away so easily. But now that Rudra is standing behind her as the rock she needs, she will overcome this fear as well. The momentary lapse in her was covered up by the vicious look she gave to Mrityunjay when she challenged him with her eyes. In fact, Mrityunjay himself was stunned seeing this side of Maya's. Mrityunjay may know Manvi in and out, but he knows zero about what Maya Jaisingh can do, and he doesn't know what Maya Rudra Roy can do at all.

The MJ × Manvi equation in the flashbacks is interesting but puzzling as well.It was evident that MJ had his eyes on Manvi but I am curious to know why she lowered her defences in front of him.Because from the initial flashbacks,it was evident that she had loved him once upon a time before he destroyed her life.

I agree. Kisi ko itna bhi naive nahi hona chahiye. I mean hadh hai. How can she fall for a man who has two kids, a wife and a mistress too? Awfully weird. But I feel she must have been trapped in Mrityunjay's lies. God knows what lies the crazy bugger fed her.

About that line - "Once you get to know my Maya,you would fall for her too" - it sounds like a foreshadowing of some sort to me. A constant theme of Beyhadh has always been sanak and obsession. MJ might have got bored with the angelic Manvi but this sanki and dark Maya would definitely bring out the sanak which lies dormant within him right now.She is something which he can neither understand nor control and this is what will drive him crazy. He keeps Diya by his side not out of love but because she is loyal and obedient and doesn't question his nefarious actions. Rather she is a willing partner and always gives him the feeling of being in power. But this Maya Jaisingh Roy who is moulded by his own darkness,who doesn't cower before him will pose as a challenge to him. 

You worded out exactly what I was feeling about this dialogue. Maya will bring out the worst side of Mrityunjay Roy which he keeps hidden from the world. Manvi was innocent, but Maya is steeped in darkness. Maya's 'sanak' is something he hasn't been witness to, and as the show progresses he will see more of it and more crazy he will go because he does not like to lose and for the first time ever he has discovered a woman who is az crazy as he can be. Hell, it sounds so ominous, I cannot even begin to say. And more Maya drives him crazy, the more the world will get to see the true face of Mrityunjay Roy. She will bring him to his knees. Also, since this show is about sanak, Rudra is one namesake of Shiva and his sanak was like Maya Mehrotra sans the madness, murder, and mayhem. Mrityunjay is another namesake of Shiva, but he will be Maya Mehrotra through and through. Poor Maya Jaisingh. She does not know uske aane se kya kya trigger hone wala hai. I agree with the point you made about Diya. Diya is like a bhakt, Antara is a victim/means to an end. But Maya, she is a challenge, which will give way to an obsession which will bring about his downfall.

And a thought crossed my mind which is weird but not impossible. The "Jai" in Maya Jaisingh is more or less taken from Mrityunjay's name.Prateik Sharma is extremely particular about naming his characters and he never names them without a purpose.

Not too sure about, but probably.

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi libby,

Hat off to CV's for giving us back to back stellar episodes.

I'm never going to get tired of MayRA and their dynamic, and today we saw new shades to them. Our little Murderess even blushed😆 The charm of Rudra.

Creatives are nailing every mayra scene. Their connection is a such  beautiful sight to behold. we got another gem During the bracelet scene. The MJ has been purged out of rudra and now he is all Maya, the bracelet was washed away in the waters of Ganga and replaced by the black beads. Couples usually wear rings but Mayra are wearing matching bracelet, with its own poignant Meaning. it was beautifully conceptualized.

Maya's entry was shot so well, her walking in through the door with the stotram playing. Interesting hat she is being projected as durga but is she really the embodiment of the revered goddess? 

Maya's terror gives us a look into how deeply MJ still effects her psyche. additionally, writers kept it realistic by showing that she is still afraid.   Maya was shaking and digging her fingers into her hands  so she does not have a panic attack. PTSD and deep fear simply does not go away in a blink of an eye. But Rudra's love gave her strength, He noticed she was anxious and gave her his hand. That made me tear up because it shows how attuned he is to his wife. 

Mrityunjay Roy. The man is a beast. Ashish is so menacing as MJ, so riveting that I forget to hate him. That is the beauty of him, Shivin and Jennifer. They emote and express without over the top expressions or any sort of overacting. The Quiet Rage Ashish displayed, and as MJ slowly stalked towards Maya...I got chills. Now I can see how can he easily intimidate and suppress people, especially women. it will be one hell of a ride, watching him and Maya Rudra roy go head to head. This maya is no longer Manvi singh, and this time she will derive her strength from Rudra, her husband. I'm waiting for the day when MJ sees the real Maya Jaisingh.

The mayra Scene. Aww Rudra is such a cute husband, from doing her arti, reminding her to enter with right feet to showing her *their bedroom* it was cuteness overload.  I really admire when Cv's show respect between a couple. Maya needs to see what love looks like, but she also deserves to see what respect look like. because she got none of that ever in her life. Marriage is not a license to have sex and Rudra, the husband understood. We need more of this in our society.

About the line "Once you get to know my Maya,you would fall for her too."  I cringed at that line for obvious reasons but what does it mean for the Future? what does it mean for MJ? writers made some risky moves in this show, so I wonder if they will show  MJ lusting for her all over again

Edited by pomegranate - 4 years ago