unpopular opinion post RE: Nishant and Vatsal

yrhpk_aus thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Just copy pasting from LU&AT: my 2 cents on Nish and Vatsalsmiley1

---

Here it goes...

Before watching Tuesday and Wednesday haldi episodes, I had read lots of comments over social media against Nishant and Vatsal's acting. Here's a few things I will like to point out in disagreement:

disclaimer: Ofcourse, I do not agree with Nannu's behaviour and goal to win Mish and defeat Abir. I too believe that this nishmish rishta is wrong on many levels, but there is substance and decent depth to Nishant's character that gives him the space to slide into the grey negative side.

• Nishant is not equal to monster Meenu. He does not have unnecessary hatred against one character. He doesn't emotionally control and threat his loved ones. He is simply very insecure, troubled and confused being who has lost his mind and ability to think straight due to his deep psychological issues. Unlike Baba's sudden negative flip; The makers have gradually and nicely built up Nishant's background as an ex-alcohol addict, who still has struggles with overcoming his guilt. recovering addicts take very long to be confident to say that they are completely free of addiction and have strong control on themselves to not fall back into relapse. Nishant is still very much in the process of recovering and very susceptible to his weakness of alcohol. On top this, he has deep anxiety issues linked with his guilt from childhood towards mah family (lower degree of ehsaan than Mishti has).
  • This is where I have to give credit to Meenu and her clever attacksmiley32. She found Nishant's weak-spot very well (his addiction and insecurity with Mishti), she also targeted Mishti's weak-point again (her ehsaan for family) and also hit the mah family exactly where it hurts (Nishant's addiction)smiley32 Well played Meenu, Well playedsmiley16 [and then she ruined it by dropping the doctor's reportsmiley37smiley37 #typical]
  • The best part about this flipping of Nish's charc is the fact that he KNOWS he is doing the wrong thing. He can see and understand that he is joining hands with Monster meenu. He berates himself for choosing that path, but his psychological state of mind, stops him from correcting it (or owning up to it), His insecurity and anxiety levels are so high, he self-assures himself that what he's doing his right because he thinks Mishti is in the same situation as him - the state of addiction. Nish believes that Abir and their pyar is a detrimental addiction for Mishti, after seeing Abir consistently push Mishti away, hurt her so deeply emotionally, Nishant as protector has convinced himself that Abir is a forbidden drug that Mishti should not get attached to. 
  • The real problem begins when Abir genuinely and calmly tried explaining to Nish about why this shaadi should stop. Abir knows Mish is too emotionally invested with the family that she will find it difficult to say no to the rishta. So his next choice is convincing Nish. So Abir tries his best to calmly explain why mishbir break-up happened, why their pyar is special and why this nishmish rishta is disaster for all 3 of them. This is where Nishant loses it. For some reason, the writers took Nish's issues quite extreme to an obsession kind of stage suddenly. Unfortunately, Nishant has suddenly dug soo deep into this Abir vs Nish and 'prize' is Mishti conceptsmiley44(disappointed with writers for never keeping a 3rd angle as pure friendship with leadsmiley24 why to force one-sided love?smiley44)
  • So I will condemn the writers for dragging Nishant down so much that they showed recovering addicts and those who suffer from extreme anxiety, to lose empathy and sympathy. The fact that Nish knows Abir is missing, potentially injured and god-forbid perhaps sinking to his death, the writers used his anxiety issues to justify that he wouldn't call for help or tell the other back home!?smiley44smiley3smiley24 Very disappointed with this portrayal of such psychologically disturbed individuals. No matter how troubled Nishant is, he can clearly see and understand that Abir's life is at stake, and he chooses to save himself?! This is very very hard to digest as a viewer

Now on to Vatsal:

• Straight off the bat I'm gonna say; unpopular opinion: Vatsal did a wonderful job acting as the drunkard, insecure and frustrated man. Honestly, his drunk acting and dialogue delivery with Mishti and Jas, was very very good. I could clearly see an exhausted, drained and troubled Nishant.
  • I've really enjoyed the gradual solo scenes of Nannu. All the monologues, the fidgety behaviour and restlessness have been executed really well. We got a really good insight into Nishant's thought processsmiley20
  • Other times when Nishant randomly becomes super jumpy, excited and happy, I do find it a little exaggerated. But I guess that's an acting choice. If we I can survive Rupal mam's "MEIN MEENAAAKSHI RAAJVANSH", I'm sure Vatsal's "naughty!!" is way more easy on the earssmiley36
  • I guess the part where more improvement may be needed, is anger and confrontation scenes. Vatsal tried his best at the hospital in his fight against Abir. His delivery of dialogue at shouting decibels is often difficult to understand. It gets mumbled and lost in the emotion and loudness of shouting. [But Rhea on the other hand is spectacularsmiley32 Cannot praise her enough, ALL the confrontation scenes of Mishti from the very first mish-kun gd break, to the latest mishbir patchup, each and every sequence she nails it. Her voice and delivery is pitch perfect and crystal clearsmiley32smiley31] Shah just has sheer magnetic presence and dhaansu solid deliverysmiley32Maybe also due to Vatsal's shorter stature, it was difficult to be convinced that Nish was furious. Shah as angry Abir at the hospital was super intimidatingsmiley32 

Anyway that's all I think I have to say so far.smiley31 Waiting to see how the writers, continue or put a closure to Nannu's character. Hopefully he gets proper treatment

disclaimer2: Just want to re-iterate, I don't support Nishant's actions or behaviour. I'm simply trying to cut him some slack. He is not demon-like or devil like Meenu or Baba. He has reasons (no matter how weak or illogical they may be) - addiction and anxiety are real problems.

Thankyou for listening me ramble on and on and onsmiley31 Let me know what y'all thinksmiley1

xx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This was an amazing take! I enjoyed reading this. I totally agree that the writers have developed enough complexity behind Nishant's story that his decisions do not seem completely irrational. I've never really believed that Nishant was a bad character, but just a character that made poor decisions out of fear and anxiety. This is clearly portrayed when he feels obvious guilt about what he did to Abir and when he questions himself in the mirror as he is getting ready for the wedding. 

As for Vatsal's acting, it was lacking in areas, but he really did the most impactful scenes justice, and that's what matters. I hope that they can end off the Nishant track on a good note! 

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

My buddie.. thanks for the post. Mera πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ kya sae kya kar diya...stupid makers..

Lovely post.what makers want to prove that,victims of alcohol and drugs should never get another chance to live another life????

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Beautiful Post

today while watching episode, I was not angry at Nishant

CVs made his character grey, but it was fine (though they could have avoided that)

Edited by Bacillusbadius - 4 years ago
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Hmm ..def see your point. 2 thi gs tho is that i dont think Bade papa did a flip. He is acting out the way he is and emptionally wants mishti to marry mishant because of big bens threat and is afraid mishti will live a hellish life in rajvansb mansion so why mot protect her as a dad would and keep her in the confines of maheshwari family. 

Also nishant has emotionally controlled his family. He shows exuberance and knows what to say to keep his family happy. Being happy is why his family loves him also and he almost cleverlly manipulates the situation whenever he is asked a question or somewhat is about to get caught he jokes and has fun as a defense mechaism and gets away with answering which is emotionally playing someone

However i do agree that the way he is is simply due to his addiction background and he isnt inherently negstiative. However, he isnt positive either and the makers didnt have to make the addiction story a negative arch for his character or a grey arch. Nishant could have battled his addiction without effecting the positive character hes been playing from the beginning to help his best friend. 

Basically they didnt have to show nishant as a grey negative obssessed with winning mishti cause he is confused about whether he loves her or not. Thats just a stereotypical move on the makers part. 

piyasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I just saw ur post here. Thank u for this Post nandu. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Very well explainedsmiley20smiley32 Cant add more to your post.

What have they done to our cute, funny character nannu. Acha bhala insaan tha kaha fas gaya,.. 

He is not negative like meenu. He knows he did wrong. But His addiction, his vulnerability, all his insecurities is coming in front of him, stopping him to think right and rationally. He wants to keep abir away from mish but doesn't want to hurt him. He was praying many times for his safety. I felt good seeing this. 

Abt that lake side incident, See i m not justifying his actions but i wld say Even sane people go blank when something like this happens infront of them. They cant think of any solution at that moment, and here he is not even emotionally fit. He is only trying to balance his mind and himself but full bahar nahi aaya hai un sab cheezoo se. I wanted to see his character's growth but *sigh* our makers r worst in this matter.