Divya Drishti to end for now: Producer Mukta Dhond

fivestar2 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Divya Drishti fans don’t despair. Although your favourite supernatural show starring Adhvik Mahajan, Sana Sayyad, Nyra Banerjee, will wrap up next month, there is a good chance that Star might bring back one more season post IPL. The continuing success of the fantasy genre i.e. Naagin, might help make this decision.

Also, getting a brand new show is dicier, and here you have a brand already.

Plus, the break till the IPL end around June will also allow the makers enough time to conjure up a brand new story.”

However, there is no guarantee that season 2 will happen.

A source added that it made sense to end the story right now as all the character arcs had been explored. Also, if the new season comes, it might have a fresh plot and cast.

Producer Mukta Dhond hinted at the same thing when we spoke to her about the show’s status?

“With IPL coming up, we will work on something new and then take a call later. So, for now, it will shut.”

Lead actor Adhvik Mahajans says, “It was a great journey that ended at the right time for now. We had first started off with 52 episodes, which got extended to a year. I got of love for my effort, and in a way, this character established me as an actor. Last but not least, the hope of a sequel will keep the viewers waiting for more.”

Source 

https://www.iwmbuzz.com/television/celebrities/divya-drishti-end-now-producer-mukta-dhond/2020/01/28

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saf7321 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So sad to hear this 😔 

SathyaT thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This is sad.. they have made the decision.. let's wish the entire cast for their next projects ❤️❤️

mz.intoxicated thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This was a really good show. I am sad that it's ending for real. I really like the current lead pairs along when Karan Khanna was also part of the show. So grateful for following Divya Drishti's journey from start to up until now! :)

saf7321 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Appears DivyaDrishti ending was all Star Plus decision I mean - Dance + finishing and Masterchef both are reality shows so have reached Natural conclusion- and as they don’t have anything to show they had to free up DD Hour to show week’s show for an extra day - Mukta had no choice

Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: saf7321

Appears DivyaDrishti ending was all Star Plus decision I mean - Dance + finishing and Masterchef both are reality shows so have reached Natural conclusion- and as they don’t have anything to show they had to free up DD Hour to show week’s show for an extra day - Mukta had no choice

Really?

From whatever I heard.. starplus never wanted DD off air. 

It was mukta who put them in a fix by stubbornly wanting to take the show off air and so they had to extend the weekday shows to prevent losing out on the ad revenue that slot leader DD was giving them.

It has nothing to do with dance plus and masterchef. 

saf7321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ratna.nanda

Really?

From whatever I heard.. starplus never wanted DD off air. 

It was mukta who put them in a fix by stubbornly wanting to take the show off air and so they had to extend the weekday shows to prevent losing out on the ad revenue that slot leader DD was giving them.

It has nothing to do with dance plus and masterchef. 

My opinion- as they would needed something to replace shows after reaching natural Conclusion