Article==Eijaz his first step in politics

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Eijaz Khan takes his first step into politics

Mumbai, Jan 10 (IANS) TV actor Eijaz Khan has always been different from the brood. Earlier this week he proved it when he took a couple of days off from his hectic schedule at Balaji Telefilms to share the platform in Goa with eminent politicians, including Goa Chief Minister Pratapsingh Rane.

'It was a youth festival organised by a friend, Sachin Parag, and I gave my first public speech,' said Ejaz shyly. 'I guess we, who have a known name, need to use it to make a difference to the society. And yes, I'm certainly not averse to getting into politics,' Eijaz told IANS.

But the young actor is wary of joining any political party.

'Because then you become too closely affiliated to that party's ideologies. I'd rather have the freedom to address issues that concern me - like AIDS.

'I hate to say this, but even today I've friends who don't use condoms reasoning there's no need for one. How can we change the mindset at the grassroots when it's so unreasonable at the higher levels?'

Eijaz is cool about the idea of politics. But what about the politics on the sets of his serials?

Sanjeeda, his 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka' co-star, continues to talk about her aversion to any kind of conversation with Eijaz.

'Has she really spoken about it again? I don't even know who she is beyond the camera. I've stopped interacting with those who think my suggestions to better a scene are a form of interference. Earlier, I'd go all out to make sure the scenes are as finely executed as possible. Then I realised some co-stars took my suggestions as a personal insult.

'Now I save my suggestions for those who actually want to listen to me without finding me intrusive. As for this lady you're talking about, I only know her as someone to share camera space with.'

Is it possible for two people to work so closely for months without any personal interaction?

'Why not?' Eijaz shot back. 'Balaji Telefilms is filled with instances of co-stars who are at loggerheads and their serials have been grabbing TRPs for years. On camera chemistry has nothing to do with what you feel about your co-star once it is switched off.'

Copyright Indo-Asian News Service

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonia_sanya thumbnail
THANKS..ejaz in politics...he'll be the hottest politician around
xsimzxchickx thumbnail
wow !!!!! ^^^^^ i agree sonia he will be the hottest n Sexiest Politician around!!!

tfs!!

love,
sima
maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
AGREE TO.........

Damn he will be the hotest! man i think he is the hotest amongst all men and now also politics damn he is a fine cookie 😳
Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what i dont get is why they keep on beating the old horse?...isnt it dead already?