Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhumeandyou thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Glad to see you back with updates. loved reading this. Rishab n madhu are slowly coming close. Waiting for next update.

harini06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thanks for reposting this story

loved the updates

mimibm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 4

Madhu put on a red bordered white saree that was kept for her on the bed. There were several gold ornaments in a carved wooden box. She picked up few from it and wore them. There was a huge Belgium glass mirror hung on one of the walls of her room. Madhu stood in front of it to check her appearance once before leaving the room. Her cheeks were still flushed,complimenting well with the bright red border of her saree. She started rubbing her cheeks vigorously to get rid of the redness. But the colour kept deepening.

“Chhoto Ma, Ma Thakuran is calling you downstairs,” announced a maid.

“I am coming,” replied Madhu, and scampered downstairs.

“There will be hundreds of people coming for the onjoli,”said Radha to Madhu as she reached the puja mandap. 

“Hold this flower basket and pass the flower to the people when they ask for it. But, first, cut all the fruits here and arrange them nicely on a plate in front of the idol.”

Madhu looked at the heaps of fruits kept for the prasad. She silently sat down and began her task. She was starving; as it was Oshtomi, she was supposed to fast until the puja was over. The juicy fruits in her hand tempted her to no ends. But she could feel Radha’s prying eyes on her every now and then.

Rishabh had been out with Bipin babu to bring food grains and warm clothes from the nearby market. It was a tradition of the Mukhopadhyay household to give away alms to the poor people in the locality during every Durga puja after Oshtomi bhog. Just before the onjoli started, Rishabh came to the puja mandap and saw Madhu struggling with cutting a heap of fruits still left in baskets.

“What are you doing? Where are the maids? Why are you doing this job?” asked Rishabh, a bit annoyed.

“I am almost done. It won’t take much time,” replied Madhu, thinking he was angry because of her sloth.

Rishabh stomped away to look for Radha. Madhu thought he went to complain about her inefficiency, and out of fear she tried to hasten and cut her finger in the boti (cutting tool) blade. It was a fairly deep cut. Blood started oozing out instantly. Fearing her blood would smear the fruits, she quickly stopped cutting the fruits and wiped her finger in her sari.

Rishabh spotted his mother in front of the deity, talking to the priest. He took a deep breath. It would not be wise to talk about his mother’s behaviour towards Madhu in front of all the people who had gathered for onjoli. He would talk to her later when the situation will be more appropriate.

“Madhu, where are you? Bring the onjoli flowers here, now,” shouted Radha from the mandap.

Madhu rushed towards her with the flower basket.

“Give me some flowers notun bou (new bride),” asked one aged man, and Madhu handed over some flowers with a pleasant smile.

The onjoli went on smoothly. People who had not yet seen the new bride tried to make a way to her and speak about something or the other. Rishabh was talking to the elders of his family when one sight caught his attention. He saw Madhu standing on the elevated mandap with her flower basket in hand, and Mukundo, who stood below, asking for flowers. Madhu looked extraordinarily gorgeous in her red and white sari and Rishabh could see how Mukundo stared at her without batting his eyelashes. As Madhu handed him the flowers, Mukundo grazed her hand with his fingers, a bit too intimately than required.

Rage flared up in Rishabh’s mind immediately.

Achcha, when I try to touch her, she acts so shy and runs away. And now when that leech is touching her, Madhu does not feel shy at all,” muttered Rishabh under his breath.

He left the mandap right away and went back to his room.

Madhu did not have a single moment of respite for the rest of the day. The Oshtomi bhog was served to the guests, followed by the distribution of the alms to the poor. Rishabh showed up for a brief moment during the alms distribution, and left early. Although Madhu did not have to serve food to the guest, she was asked to greet the female guests and see to their needs. And she was the one, as the new bride, to hand over the food and the clothes to the poor people individually.

In this entire hustle bustle, no one noticed that the poor girl was famished, she did not even have a morsel of food from the morning. Her cut finger had also swollen from all the stress. Madhu found it strange and hurtful that of all people, Rishabh did not come down even once for food or asked for her. She was confused by his indifference, but she did not express it to anyone. She tried to ask Harikaka about Rishabh’s food when she was informed that he had had his food upstairs.

After the guest left in the evening, Madhu went up to their room and saw Rishabh dressed up, with a small suitcase by the bed.

“Are you going anywhere?” asked Madhu hesitantly.

“Harikaka, please take down my suitcase. I am getting late,” shouted Rishabh without replying to Madhu.

“Rishu, my son, do you really have to go back to your hostel today? Can’t you wait till Dashami?” asked Radha from the door, on hearing about Rishabh’s sudden departure plan.

“No, Ma. I have my final year classes starting soon. I am getting disturbed here with all these people and noise all the time,” replied Rishabh.

Madhu felt like someone slapped on her face. She kept her head low, in order to hide the tears threatening to spill over.

“When will you be back, Rishu?” asked Radha.

“Don’t know. Not before my final exams are over,” replied Rishabh, darted an angry glance at Madhu and left the room.

Radha looked at Madhu and back at her son.

“I knew it. My son would not have his heart in this marriage for long,” she muttered and marched off.

Madhu stood there like a statue as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

……………………..

At night Madhu sat quietly at the corner of the kitchen, helping out Rishabh’s aunt, Saudamini and Radha with the preparations for the next day.

“Why did Rishu go back to his hostel today? Did you have any word with him?” Saudamini asked.

Madhu just shook her head.

“I had told him not to marry this girl. I am sure it has something to do with her. I knew Madhu could never keep him happy,” blurted out Radha.

Madhu tried to gulp down her tears, but her tears did not comply with her wish, and rolled down her cheeks.

“Madhu, go to your room. I will call you when the dinner is ready,” spoke Saudamini and Madhu rushed out of the kitchen.

Saudamini turned to her elder sister and spoke in a low but stern voice.

“Radha Didi, whatever you are trying to prove is baseless. Stop blaming Madhu for something she is not responsible for. She is just a child, in a house full of strangers. She doesn’t even know Rishabh well and I am sure she has hardly had the courage to talk to him. Did you forget the days when we were married and went to our in-laws for the first time? How intimidated we were all the time? It’s the same with Madhu. And as far as I remember, you had always waited for Rishabh’s marriage so that you could get a daughter of your own. One who would be there with you all the time to make this mansion a home. Then why are you pushing Madhu away from yourself now?”

“Because I did not want her to be my Rishu’s wife. She is uncouth, unruly and rustic. It’s only because of Rishu’s insistence she is here, and see, today even he is disgusted with her,” spat Radha in response.

“The way you mother-son duo have started behaving with her, I think Madhu will very soon return to her mother forever. And I am sure it will not have any impact on you, because you have never felt the pain of losing a daughter yourself,” replied Saudamini as her voice choked with emotions.

Radha stared at her younger sister in shock, as she remembered how her sister’s daughter had passed away during childbirth. The child would be of Madhu’s age if she was alive.

“I am sorry Mini,” whispered Radha with regret.

“Don’t tell me sorry, Didi. Try to accept that little girl as a member of your family, and see how easily she learns everything, and transforms herself in the way you want her to be. It is not difficult. Just try once.”

…………………

Madhu cried all night. She could not take the hurt and humiliation anymore.

“Ma, where are you? Please take me from here. I miss you so much. I promise I will be a very good girl and never bother you,” sobbed Madhu.

By the end of the night, she was too tired to cry anymore and succumbed to sleep. Next morning Radha came to her room and for the first time she saw Madhu sleeping on the floor.

“Madhu, why are you sleeping on the floor?”

Madhu woke up with a jolt.

“Ma, I am sorry, I overslept. I will readily take a bath and come to the puja mandap,” replied Madhu as she struggled to get up and gather clothes for bath.

“Wait Madhu, I’ve come to talk to you,” said Radha.

Looking at her somber face, Madhu sensed something very sinister. Maybe Radha was going to send her off to her mother, forever. A part of her heart was elated to think about that, but the other part was strangely scared and sad. Radha bent her head low, trying to find words. When she looked up, she saw her daughter-in-law looking like a deer caught in the headlight.

“I have been very selfish, isn’t it my child? I did not see your plight all these days, and even my son left you to your fate,” Radha murmured.

Madhu could not understand what her mother-in-law was implying.

“Please don’t be sad anymore. I have always wanted a daughter of my own, and now that you are here, I failed to accept you as one. And my son, he is hot-headed and impulsive. Just like his father. I am sure even he failed to understand you. But don’t worry. I know my son. He will comeback for you soon. And now onward you will find a mother in me. Tell me whenever anything is bothering you, don’t hesitate,” said Radha while cupping Madhu’s face in her hands.

Madhu was shocked at first, and then tears started rolling down her cheeks, but could not utter a single word.

“Padmini is coming here tomorrow. She is going to Kaashi and Benaras with some pilgrims from the villager, and on her way she will come to see you for few hours. Smile my child, I don’t want your mother to see you in tears,” said Radha while wiping Madhu’s tears.

…………………..

Next day Padmini reached Mukhopadhyay mansion by afternoon. She had to leave for Howrah Station soon as she had a train to catch that night. She hesitantly entered the house. The enormity both intimidated and elated her for her daughter. Seeing a smiling Madhu who had come to greet her removed all doubts from her mind.

“Where is my jamai?” asked Padmini.

“He went to Kolkata for his classes,” replied Madhu, holding the smile.

“I hope you are keeping all the people of this house happy,” said Padmini.

“I am trying my best, Ma,” replied Madhu sheepishly.

After some more chit-chat, Madhu finally gathered the courage to ask her mother the things that had been bothering her for long.

“Ma, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, my child.”

“Ma, he wants to hold me very close at times, and then does things that I don’t know whether I should like him to do or not. I am completely at my wit’s end,” said Madhu gingerly.

“Oh my god Madhu, he is your husband. Of course, he would like to be close to you. Did you refuse him?” asked Padmini in shock.

Madhu lowered her head and nodded lightly.

“Oh god, Madhu, I have really failed to bring you up as a proper girl. I never thought that you would not grow those senses. It is very natural for him to be attracted to you, and same for you. Do not refuse your husband, Madhu, else you may lose him forever. A man has no control on his desires and whims. If you refuse him, he will get it from somewhere else, and no matter how much you try after that, he will never come back,” said Padmini.

Madhu’s face grew pale hearing her mother’s words.

“I hope it is not late yet, my child. You are his wife, it is your duty to take care of all his needs,” said Padmini and held her hands tightly.

………………

Durga puja was over, and the Mukhopadhyay mansion was quiet again. All the relatives had left. It was Radha and Madhu only, and they came closer to each other with each passing day. Radha started to know her daughter-in-law more closely. She prepared pickles for Madhu and started teaching her embroidery. Madhu in turn started opening up more, talking about her village and her childhood. Radha learnt that despite lack of much refinement, Madhu was an excellent singer. She sang devotional songs at the puja room every evening during aarti, and Radha often found herself lost in her sweet melodious voice.

“Ma, when will he be back?” asked Madhu one day, after being unable to hold back her anxiety anymore.

“Missing your husband very much, aren’t you?” asked Radha teasingly.

Madhu blushed red in embarrassment.

“Wait, I know how to tackle that hot-headed stupid boy.”

…………………

Rishabh was in his hostel room when he received a letter from his mother.

‘Madhu is not well. She has high fever. I want to send her back to her mother. Suggest some medicines so that she gets better quickly and sets off for Shimulpur.’

Rishabh forgot all his annoyance about Madhu’s supposed indulgence to Mukundo’s advances.

“Why is Ma being so harsh with Madhu unnecessarily? I have to go back and make Ma understand,” said Rishabh and prepared to go home.

…………………

“Ma, where is Madhu?” asked Rishabh as he barged into Radha’s room.

“She must be in her room,” replied Radha unperturbed.

“No, she is not in our room. How could you drive her out in her fever? Why are you doing this to her?” demanded Rishabh.

Before he could say anything more, he saw Madhu entering his mother’s room, all hale and hearty.

“Madhu, are you ok?” asked Rishabh.

“Yes, I am ok,” replied Madhu, unable to hide her joy seeing Rishabh.

“But Ma, you said that Madhu...” Rishabh started asking when his mother interrupted.

“Why? Only you can blackmail me? I am your mother. I know many more tricks than you my son.”

Radha laughed out loud. Both Rishabh and Madhu blushed red and smiled sheepishly.

………………….

“Why are you jumping?” asked Rishabh as he turned back to see Madhu following him excitedly to their room.

Madhu froze in her position, then shook her head and blushed. She was too happy to see him come back. Rishabh struggled hard not to laugh at her antics, and kept a somber face. He opened his bag and took out few books.

“I am going to the library, I have to study,” said Rishabh and stepped out of the room again.

“Laib..” repeated Madhu in amazement.

“Library, the room downstairs where books are kept. Haven’t you been there before? asked Rishabh.

“No,” replied Madhu.

“Come with me. And walk normally. Don’t hop like a rabbit,” said Rishabh.

Madhu was amazed at the collection of books they had in their ‘library’. Thousands of books filled up the shelves, from the floor up to the ceiling. She brushed her fingers over the book spines, trying to read the names.

“Do you like reading books?” asked Rishabh.

Madhu did not reply but kept on touching the books with her fingers.

“Take this one. Read it whenever you want. If you find anything difficult, ask me,” said Rishabh while handing her a classic novel.

Madhu quietly took the book from him and sat on a chair at a distance from Rishabh, so that he did not feel disturbed during his study.

Rishabh was trying to memorize his lessons by closing his eyes and softly murmuring the words. Suddenly, he opened his eyes and from the corner of his eyes he could see Madhu peeking at him from behind the book in her hand and hiding the moment he turned to her.

“Read from your book and stop staring at me,” said Rishabh, trying hard to keep his face straight.

Madhu hid behind the book again, making Rishabh laugh out loud. 

………………

After dinner was over, Radha asked Rishabh to meet her at her room once.

“Yes Ma,” spoke Rishabh on entering Radha’s room.

“Rishu, I was a fool to hurt that girl. I am not an educated person like your father or you. Sometimes I get carried away by unreasonable emotions. But why did you make her sleep on the floor all these days? I thought you brought Madhu in this house as your wife because you liked her. I do not want to see that happen again. She is Lakshmi of this household. We have to respect her in every way,” spoke Radha.

“Sure, Ma, henceforth she will not sleep on the floor,” replied Rishabh.

He was about to leave when Radha spoke out.

“I think Madhu is scared of you. Try to talk to her and make her feel at ease. You two have your whole life ahead of you. Make a beautiful beginning so that the rest of the journey is smooth and joyful.”

Rishabh nodded his head in agreement and left quietly.

……………………

Madhu was preparing her bedding on the floor when Rishabh entered. Rishabh took his pillow from the bed and placed it beside Madhu’s pillow on the floor.

“O ma, why are you keeping your pillow on the floor?” asked Madhu.

“Because Ma asked me to sleep with you. If you are sleeping on the floor, I have no other choice, isn’t it?” asked Rishabh raising his eyebrow.

“Please don’t sleep on the floor,” Madhu replied softly.

“Then you have to sleep on the bed as well,” said Rishabh and picked both their pillows from the floor.

Madhu’s heart fluttered as she sat on the bed while Rishabh lay on the other side. She slowly lifted her feet on the bed and pulled the cover on herself. Rishabh turned his back towards Madhu and went off to sleep. Soon, Madhu could hear his soft snores, but she was far from feeling sleepy. For the first time, she felt the urge to touch Rishabh and talk to him. But she was too scared to do that, so she turned her back towards Rishabh, and tried to sleep.

Next morning Madhu woke up to find herself snuggling against something very hard and warm. She rubbed her eyes to see clearly and realization hit her. It was Rishabh’s chest that her face had been nestled in, and his right hand heavily weighed on her, disabling her from any movement without waking him up. Madhu suddenly felt very scared and shy, and remained in that position for few more minutes, trying to figure out an escape way. She tried to lift his hand very cautiously, and free herself from his hold.

As she managed to put his hand away and get up, Rishabh clasped the loose end of her sari and spoke with his eyes still closed, “Kothay jachcho (where are you going)?”

Madhu gasped but did not struggle to move away. Rishabh pulled her saree more, revealing a part of Madhu’s back. Madhu’s heart flipped with a frenzy she had never felt before. She did not know how to react. She just stood like a statue, with her back towards him. From the ruffling sound behind, she could make out that Rishabh got up from the bed and came closer to her. He embraced her from behind and slowly removed the saree on her left shoulder and traced his lips on her bare shoulders, going up to her neck. He pulled open her hair bun that had loosened while sleeping. As her curly hair cascaded on her bosom and back, Rishabh nuzzled in her dark tresses and turned her to face him. Madhu’s eyes were shut as she was too shy to face Rishabh that moment.

“Open your eyes,” whispered Rishabh.

“U-hu,” replied Madhu while shaking her head lightly.

Rishabh kissed her forehead, her eyes and asked again, “Open your eyes, Madhu.”

Madhu shook her head again. Rishabh smiled at her shyness, and gazed at her lips which were trembling faintly out of excitement.

Madhu’s eyes opened wide as she felt his lips touching hers, gently nibbling them.

“Rishu, Madhu, get up. We have to go to the temple today,” shouted Radha from outside their room.

Madhu pushed back Rishabh, as if being hit by an electric current.

“Wait Madhu,” whispered Rishabh, “Wipe off the sindoor on your forehead before opening the door.”

Madhu immediately looked behind in the mirror to see the sindoor bindi smudged all over her forehead. In the meantime, Rishabh got down from the bed to open the door when Madhu pulled him back suddenly.

“What?” asked Rishabh when Madhu wiped his nose and cheeks that had been reddened by the same bindi

Both started giggling and went to open the door.

…………..

“Today my bouma (bahu) is in a very good mood I see,” said Radha smilingly while preparing Rishabh’s breakfast.

Madhu blushed and hid her face.

“Go and give this breakfast to Rishu. He is in the library.”

As Madhu entered the library, she could not find Rishabh anywhere near the reading table. She kept the plate on the table and tried to see around. Suddenly she heard the sound of the door being shut and locked. Turning back she saw Rishabh coming towards her, his head slightly bent with a mischievous smile on his face.

Ebar kothay palabe tumi (Now where will you escape)?” said Rishabh and pulled her closer.

“Somebody will see us,” said Madhu, while trying to free herself.

Rishabh did not bother to reply, but started planting kisses on her face.

“Ma will be looking out for me,” said Madhu, still trying to escape.

Boddo kotha bolo tumi (you talk too much),” replied Rishabh and shut her up by locking her lips with his.

……………………

Rishabh could not stay at home for long. His final year classes were very important which he could not afford to miss. The few days he got to spend with his young wife, he tried to make her feel at ease. Being a medical student, he had a clearer idea about a woman’s physical and emotional maturity at Madhu’s age. He realized his own hormonal drive was partially responsible for scaring away his naïve little wife. He would need to spend more time in talking and knowing her first, and make her know about him as well.

Since it was not going to be possible to come home every day to spend enough time with his wife, Rishabh thought of an idea. The afternoon he was supposed to leave, he brought Madhu to the library.

“When will you come home?” asked Madhu with moistened eyes.

Rishabh pulled her closer and placed his arms around her waist.

“I will try to come as often as possible. But you know how important it is for me to attend the classes this final year, don’t you?” he spoke.

Madhu couldn’t reply. Her voice was choking. She just nodded her head.

“However, you can write me letters every day,” Rishabh suggested.

Madhu looked up with big round eyes.

“Letters? Every day? What should I write to you about everyday?” she asked.

Rishabh touched her forehead with his own.

“Hmm, let me think. You can write to me about your whole day. What you have been doing, what did you learn from Ma. Or even what you have been reading. Write to me about your village, your friends, and all your ‘mango’ expeditions,” spoke Rishabh followed by a laugh.

Madhu’s face grew red. Rishabh could not resist himself from placing a light kiss on her cheek. She felt even more shy and pressed her face on his chest.

“Ok, I’ll write to you every day. But promise me that you will write to me as well,” mumbled Madhu.

“Ahaan, now my little bride has learnt to make deals with me. Surely, I will write to you every day as well,” he replied.

Before leaving, Rishabh assured her that she could choose any book she fancied on the shelves of the library and whenever she came across any difficult word or passage, she was supposed to write a letter to him, asking for the meaning.

………………

When she was alone, Madhu blushed thinking about the moments she had spent with her husband in the past few days. All these days Rishabh’s embraces and kisses were more than enough to make her lose all senses. Her fear that something sinister would happen every time Rishabh came closer was ebbing away.

For the first time, in several months, Madhu started feeling liberated again. She did not have to cower in front of Radha anymore. She could roam around the whole mansion, albeit as a part of training from Radha to supervise the household, and she enjoyed her new responsibilities.

Oneday Madhu was asked to go to the terrace to check the achaar (pickle) jars that were out in the sun. The moment she arrived at the terrace,the sight of several jars of mango, lemon, tamarind, berries, and other varieties of pickles made her salivate. She contemplated whether tasting small dollops from every jar would be too noticeable to get caught by Radha. Her thought was interrupted when Harikaka called her out from the stairs.

“Choto Ma Thakuran, accountant babu’s son has come with some files. Ma Thakuran is at the puja room. Can you please check those files and keep them with you till Ma comes down?”

Madhu knew nothing about the accounts, but had seen Radha few times signing on the papers in Rishabh’s absence. She followed Hari to the outer living room. As she entered the living room, Hari left to do his job. Madhu saw a young man standing with few files in his hand. He seemed vaguely familiar, but she could not recognize him.

Madhu pulled her ghomta (ghunghat) firmly and said,“Yes, tell me.”

The man smiled at her and walked few steps closer.

“Oh wow, what a pleasure! The new bride of the house has come herself,” he spoke with a smirk.

Madhu stood there clueless.

“Can’t you recognize me? I am Mukundo, Bipin babu’s son. Father was not feeling well, so I brought the files for signature.”

“Oh, you can give me the files. I will give them to Ma. She will sign them and send them back,” said Madhu and extended her hand to take the files.

Mukundo kept staring at her for some time. Madhu felt very awkward and was about to ask again, when he spoke again.

“Did you really not recognize me, Madhu?”

Madhu looked at him blankly.

“I am Mukundo, the man you were supposed to get married to before Rishabh forced his way in our planned marriage,” spoke Mukundo with a clear disdain in his voice.

Madhu’s eyes grew bigger in shock and realization, and she immediately turned back to leave when Mukundo grabbed her hand from behind.

“If I had known you are so exquisitely beautiful, Madhu, I would never have succumbed before Rishabh’s demand.”

Madhu jerked her hand free of his grip and ran out of the room immediately. As she rushed inside her room, she closed the door behind and locked it. Tears streamed down her cheeks continuously. She felt extremely humiliated and scared.

“Where are you? Please come back soon,” Madhu whimpered covering her face.

Edited by mimibm - 4 years ago
Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wow i really missed this story

Glad you are reposting it.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Hope Madhu will tell Radha about the slimeball Mukundo. Finally the newlyweds are coming closer.

harini06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Awesome update

Rishabh felt jealous seeing madhu n mukund,

Radha started treating madhu nicely,she is now looking after madhu like her daughter,

the much needed talk b/w padmini n madhu,she cleared madhu's doubts,

loved RM moments,they're slowly getting close n rk wants to know about madhu better,

waiting for rk's reactions when he came to know how the creep mukund behaved with madhu

thanks for the update

soniakhanna01 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Madhu should tell radha about it

mimibm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter-5

Rishabh was back from his class when his roommate handed him a letter from Madhu. Rishabh was very excited to start reading the letter right away, but kept a nonchalance on his face, just to show his roommate that he was not desperate to hear from his wife every day.

“I am going to the terrace to get some fresh air,” he told his friend, while pocketing the letter.

“Ha ha ha. You don’t have to act in front of me. I am going out now. Read your beloved wife’s letter as many times as you want,” replied his friend with a wink and left the room.

A wide smile spread on Rishabh’s face as he opened the letter and took a seat. It was always fun to read Madhu’s letters. Those were filled with wrong spelling and grammatical errors, which Rishabh corrected in his reply letter every night. The most amusing part would be Madhu’s description of her daily activities and her thoughts and opinions about anything new she learnt from the books. Rishabh could picture her big kohl-lined eyes full of wonder while reading the novels, and the blush in her cheeks while going through any romantic passage.

Suddenly he felt an urge to see her, hold her and never let go.

“Madhu, why are you doing this to me? I am losing my mind over your thoughts all the time,” murmured Rishabh and let out a deep sigh.

Before he could give it a second thought, Rishabh picked up his small bag and started packing for a couple of days.

……………………

Madhu turned to her side in her sleep when she felt something hard. She woke up with a start and almost yelped when a palm covered her mouth.

“It’s me, your hubby. Don’t scream,” Rishabh whispered in her ears.

Madhu held his hand and looked at his face in bewilderment.

“Weren’t you supposed to come next week?” asked Madhu.

“Yes, but after getting your letter today, I could not wait to come to you Madhu. So, took the last train and reached at mid night,” said Rishabh and pulled her close to him.

Madhu felt a surge of relief and hugged him tight, hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

“Did you miss me?” asked Rishabh.

“Hmm,” replied Madhu while nodding her head slightly.

Rishabh placed her on her back on the bed and leaned over her, propping himself on his elbows.

“Feeling sleepy?” asked Rishabh with a mischievous smile.

“Aren’t you?” asked Madhu, giving him a confused look.

“Not with my beautiful wife lying under me,” smirked Rishabh with a glint in his eyes.

It took few moments for Madhu to understand what he meant, and on realization she blushed profusely and hid her face with her palms. She pressed her eyelids shut as Rishabh removed her hands and started planting soft kisses on her face. Suddenly she felt a tug in the part of the saree covering her bust. Her eyes opened wide at the unexpected move and she saw Rishabh trying to pull off her saree’s end with an intent expression, as if trying solve a grave mathematical problem.

Seeing Madhu’s flabbergasted expression, he simply asked, “Why is this saree so complicated? How do you take this off?”

Madhu gulped hard and kept staring at him, unable to think how to react.

“Voila!” said Rishabh with a smile as the saree’s end came loose in his hand.

Ignoring Madhu’s popping eyes completely he slowly lifted the cloth and resumed planting kisses on the bare skin beneath her neck. Madhu’s whole body revolted against her mind that struggled to keep her sanity. She grasped the bed sheet hard in a fist, and chewed her lower lip, checking herself from letting out the moans that threatened to escape with every intimate touch burning her skin. Rishabh’s warm breath, his wet smooches on her bare skin, and his probing fingers explored the frontiers he had not yet tried before. All of a sudden Madhu felt an explosion from the innermost part as his fingers moved inside the lower half of her saree and touched her intimate part. She involuntarily clawed his bare back and let out a soft moan.

“Can I make love to you tonight, my maddeningly beautiful wife?” Rishabh whispered close to her ears.

Madhu was unable to utter anything. She merely tightened her hug around Rishabh, giving him her consent.

……………….

“Did it hurt a lot?” asked Rishabh with concern, as he huffed, with beads of sweat glistening all over his face and body.

Madhu faintly shook her head, implying no, but a lone tear escaped from the corner of her eye which caught Rishabh’s attention.

“Please forgive me, Madhu, I will be more careful next time onward,” spoke Rishabh as he cupped her face in his palms.

“Will it hurt every time like this?” asked Madhu.

“I suppose not. Please forgive me Madhu. I am so sorry,” replied Rishabh and hugged her tight.

Madhu was confused. It did hurt in the beginning. But then it was soon taken over by a strange sensation and that did not feel bad at all. And one thing was clear to her. She would not say no if her husband would ask for another love making session next time.

……………………….

Next morning Radha was equally surprised and amused to see her son at home.

“It seems I would not have to wait too long to see my grandchild’s face,” she whispered to the aged maid in the kitchen.

“I think so too,” giggled the old woman.

“Madhu dear, please take Rishu’s tea to the library,” said Radha as Madhu entered the kitchen.

“Sure, Ma,” replied Madhu and picked up the tea tray.

………….

“Madhu, did Bipin babu send some accounts files last week?” asked Rishabh while going through the files in the library.

Madhu had come to give him his tea, and on hearing about the accounts files, Mukundo’s obnoxious behavior came to her mind. She froze in her spot for a moment. On getting no answer from her, Rishabh looked up from the file pages and saw Madhu’s blanched face.

“What is it Madhu? Is something wrong?” asked Rishabh, as his brows furrowed deep with concern.

Madhu started breathing heavily, and her throat felt parched, unable to utter a word. Rishabh stood up from the chair and came to her side.

“What is it Madhu? Tell me what is bothering you.”

“Last week a man came to give that file. Ma was in the puja room, so I went to take it,” spoke Madhu while her eyes started getting moistened.

“And?” asked Rishabh, his face already hardened in anticipation.

“When I asked for the file, that man asked me whether I could recognize him. When I could not, he said he was the man supposed to marry me, but because of you he couldn’t,” blurted Madhu, as the feel of Mukundo’s hand on her made her feel like puking.

“That scum Mukundo! How dare he uttered those words in front of you!” shouted Rishabh, startling Madhu even more.

Somehow, he knew it was something more than that which had perturbed his Madhu this much.

“Did he say something more? Did he do anything to you?” Rishabh probed further, seething in anger.

Madhu started sobbing uncontrollably.

“When I tried to go away, he pulled my hand and…”

“Enough! I don’t need to hear anything more! I’ll kill that lowlife today,” roared Rishabh, and stomped out of the library.

…………………..

“What did you tell Madhu?” growled Rishabh.

Mukundo was shivering in fear inside but feigned an expression of ignorance on his face.

“I did not tell her anything. Why would I talk to her?” he lied.

Rishabh narrowed his eyes. He had always respected Bipin babu and his son, but this was a totally new avatar he was seeing in front of his eyes. Already the servants had assembled around the courtyard hearing the commotion, where Rishabh had intercepted Mukundo. Rishabh was losing his calm,he fisted his hand firmly to check his wrath. Mukundo noticed Madhu standing nervously behind a pillar. A wicked plan went through his mind. He gathered up a false confidence and looked into Rishabh’s eyes.

“I did not talk to her. It was your wife Madhu who came running to me, telling how sorry she felt to get married to you, and not me,” spat Mukundo and pointed to Madhu who was stunned by his words.

Mukundo thought this would create a misunderstanding between Rishabh and Madhu as she would never be able to speak in front of her husband. But before he could witness the desired wrath in Rishabh’s eyes for Madhu, he felt a huge blow on his face and on losing balance he fell on his back. Immediately he was hauled up by his collar and another punch landed on his face. Mukundo cried out in pain, and a collective gasp came out of every onlooker’s mouth.

As Rishabh raised his fist to hit Mukundo again, Radha shrieked from behind, “Stop Rishabh! What are you doing? Leave him.”

“Ma, this man had the guts to utter outrageous lies about Madhu! How dare he?” shouted Rishabh and pinned Mukund to the ground.

Radha rushed beside Rishabh and pulled his arm. She looked at the servants and called them.

“Take Mukundo away from here. Call Bipin babu right now,”

Radha dragged Rishabh to his room. Madhu was standing like a stone, her face drained of all colours.

“Madhu, come upstairs, right now!” shouted Radha.

“Ha Ma,” startled Madhu and followed them.

Radha made Rishabh sit on the bed and gave him a glass of water.

“Drink this,” said Radha and turned to Madhu who was standing at the door with teary eyes.

Radha came to her and took her out in the balcony.

“What happened?”

“That man, that man had told me that he wanted to marry me but because of him (pointing towards Rishabh), he could not marry me. When I told that to him, he got very upset and…” Madhu trailed off.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before? I would have got Mukundo thrown out of here long back. My son has his father’s temper. He cannot check his rage and would not think of any consequence. Do you know if I had not intervened, Rishu could have killed Mukundo? I don’t want my son to be behind bars,” said Radha exasperatedly.

Madhu looked at her in shock.

“Rishu has no control on his wrath. Go and calm him down. In the meantime, I will talk to Bipin babu and get this mess cleared,” spoke Radha.

“Ha, Ma,” replied Madhu.

As Madhu entered their room, she saw Rishabh leaning against the headrest of the bed with his eyes closed. She tip-toed towards him and caressed his hair slowly. Rishabh grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

“You will never go in front of any man in my absence. I will never allow any other man to talk such nonsense about you ever,” said Rishabh as he hugged Madhu tightly.

Next few days went uneventfully. Rishabh calmed down, but he made sure that Mukundo would not enter their house ever again. Bipin babu was asked to take voluntary retirement and all his due salaries were paid off. The servants in the house were warned strictly by Radha not to utter a single word about the incident to the outside world.

Madhu was bored. After entering this house, she had never stepped out to see the world outside. She missed her village, her friends and the river, which she loved the most in her village.

One afternoon Madhu stealthily went to the terrace and ran to the farthest corner from where she could see a glimpse of the river Ganga. As the autumn wind blew, it brought back memories of the days when she ran along the river bank with her friends in her village, and sang loudly along with the boatmen as they rowed their boats. Madhu started humming a song she loved the most. Gradually her voice opened up and reached her husband who had come to the terrace to look for her.

“You are missing your village, aren’t you?” whispered Rishabh as he embraced her from behind.

“When did you come?” asked Madhu shyly.

“Your sweet voice pulled me like a magnet,” said Rishabh grinning.

“Is that river Ganga?” asked Madhu pointing towards the river. 

Rishabh nodded his head.

“Will you take me there?” asked Madhu hesitantly.

“This is the first time my sweet wife asked for something from me, how can I say no? Get ready, we will go out in half an hour.”

Madhu wore a beautiful pink saree and wrapped a Kashmiri shawl as it could be a bit chilly by the riverside. Rishabh was waiting for her at the main gate. As Madhu approached him, he took her hand and led her to the horse-drawn carriage waiting outside the gate. Madhu was amazed to see the carriage, as it was the first time she saw something like that.

“We will go in this carriage?” she asked excitedly.

“Yes, come,” said Rishabh and helped her climb the stairs and enter the carriage.

Madhu was very excited and looked out through the small window. She asked numerous questions about anything and everything that came on their way as the carriage took them from the suburbs to the streets of Kolkata. Rishabh was very glad to answer all her queries. Finally, they reached the Outram Ghat. It was dusk, and the sun was setting at the farthest horizon, leaving behind the sky smeared in bright orange and red. Madhu was mesmerized to see the pure beauty of the ambiance. She was completely at loss of words and walked towards the river slowly.

Rishabh held her hand and asked, “Do you like it?”

“It’s so beautiful,” Madhu replied in a trance.

“Not more than you.”

“Huh?” asked Madhu, barely registering his words.

Rishabh led her to the place where the small boats were waiting.

“Hey you, we want to go for an hour ride in the river,” told Rishabh to the boatman.

“Ha babu saheb, nishchoi (definitely),” replied the boatman.

As the boat cut through the small waves on the river and moved forward, the cool breeze fluttered Madhu’s ghunghat and the small curls of her hair fell all over her face. Rishabh caressed her face and tucked those loose strands behind her ear.

“Sing that song Madhu, the one that you were singing on the terrace,” said Rishabh while running his finger lightly over her cheek.

Madhu was felt shy, but the pure bliss in her husband’s face helped her overcome all shyness and start singing out from her heart.

“Amay bhashaili re…amaydubaili re…okul doriyar bujhi kul nai re…”

“One hour is over babu,” said the boatman.

Neither Rishabh nor Madhu had realized that they were already back to the river bank. They were so lost in each other that the hour slipped off in moments. Dejectedly, Rishabh helped Madhu get off the boat and led her along the steps on to the top. As Madhu was about to climb the steps of the carriage, they heard someone calling Rishabh.

“Rishabh babu? What a surprise!”

Both Rishabh and Madhu turned to see a beautiful dignified young woman in a sophisticated attire approaching them.

“Arrey Rukmini? How are you?” said Rishabh with a broad smile.

“I am fine. But what about you? Long time you have not come to our house. Father was asking about you,” replied the young woman and then she turned towards Madhu with eagerness.

“Meet my wife, Madhu, and Madhu, this is Rukmini,” introduced Rishabh.

“You got married, Rishabh babu? And did not even inform us?” asked Rukmini with a slight annoyance in her voice.

“It all happened so suddenly that I did not get the time. Anyway, please tell your father I will come to your house soon,” replied Rishabh.

“And bring your wife as well. It will be nice to talk to her,” replied Rukmini and left.

Madhu was very quiet while going back home. She had never seen her husband speak so frankly to any other woman before. Rukmini looked beautiful and elegant, and seemed quite educated as well. Madhu kept pondering over her until Rishabh snapped his fingers in front of her eyes.

“We are home, Madhu. Where are you lost in your thoughts?” spoke Rishabh.

Madhu looked at him for a moment longer and realized that for the first time she had a strange feeling. She felt possessive about her husband.

harini06 thumbnail

Amazing update

loved RM moments

glad Madhu told everything to Rishabh what all mukund did, that mukund is so disgusting tried to create mu b/w rm but nothing happened like he wanted,

seeing rishabh talking with another girl Madhu started feeling possessive

continue soon

thanks for the update

aishu007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wow lovely story.. Read it a go, plz update the next part soon 😊😊