New article Sourabh Raaj Jain opens up on his character Neel

SRJKiShraddha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Patiala Babes: Sourabh Raaj Jain opens up on his character Neel - Television News https://www.indiatoday.in/television/soaps/story/sourabh-raaj-jain-plays-a-passionate-chef-with-interesting-backstory-in-patiala-babes-1629708-2019-12-19

Sourabh Raaj Jain recently entered Sony TV's popular show Patiala Babes. The actor who was last seen shaking a leg with wife Ridhima on Nach Baliye 9, plays chef Neel in the show, who will help Mini (Ashnoor Kaur) revive her mother's restaurant. After a long time, Sourabh will be seen in a contemporary TV show, who has been mostly seen in mythological and historical shows in recent times.

In an exclusive chat with Indiatoday.in, Sourabh Raaj Jain revealed what made him say yes to the show. "The characterization of the character, the storyline, and the backstory of my character which really interested me the most. Also, it was mainly after my meeting with Rajita Sharma and Vivek Budakoti of Katha Kottage who are the producers and also the writers of the show, was when I was convinced to then take it up."

In the show, Neil comes across as an arrogant character. Sourabh explains, "My character Neil Oberoi is a very passionate cook, who has an interesting backstory to his life, which people will get to know through the course of the show. He is someone who loves what he does, and if things don't go according to what he has planned, he can tend to get a bit edgy and arrogant about the same."

Sourabh plays a chef but cooking isn't his forte. "I am not really a cook as such, but I have lived a bachelor life when I first came to Mumbai, so at times I have had to cook for myself for basic survival. So yes I somewhat do know the basics of cooking," said Sourabh.

When asked if Neel and Mini will be having a romantic angle, the actor didn't want to dilvuge the details. "I will not reveal that at the moment, as that is something the audiences will get to know on their own through the course of the show."

Before joining the cast, Sourabh Raaj Jain had watched Patiala Babes as it's his mother's favourite TV show. "Yes I have watched it, as it is my mother's favourite ongoing show. And because she would always be giving me an insight as to what is happening on it, I also happened to watch some of it, and the characters, concept and theme of the show is what really built my liking for the show."

Edited by SRJKiMahakaali - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Bas 3 episodes huye h.. 1 month na Jaye to kuch pata nehi chalne Wala... I m too excited for his role as Neil Oberoi. ðŸ˜ƒ

SRJKiShraddha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rishrabh

Bas 3 episodes huye h.. 1 month na Jaye to kuch pata nehi chalne Wala... I m too excited for his role as Neil Oberoi. ðŸ˜ƒ

I think his back story should be revealed only when Neil relationship with his Co worker n mini become s stable. It will take 1 month.

Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRJKiMahakaali

I think his back story should be revealed only when Neil relationship with his Co worker n mini become s stable. It will take 1 month.

Aisa Kia back story ho sakta h.. love related nehi h wo to article se pwta chal gaya ðŸ¤” were mujhse wait nehi ho raha.. 30 min isn't enough.

SRJKiShraddha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rishrabh

Aisa Kia back story ho sakta h.. love related nehi h wo to article se pwta chal gaya ðŸ¤” were mujhse wait nehi ho raha.. 30 min isn't enough.

Not love related

He said in iv ki us ki wajah see keep on changing job resulting in financial crunch

Family issue shayad just wajah se he is possessive about his recipes

Neil basically has difficulty to deal with people.

Even though he is right in his place, he doesn't understand how to get  right things done more right fully.

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Another poor lost soul with issues but never mind we have poor great Mini to put him straight after all She is pro in this department, to dictate and lectures on life problems and solutions her way, after all this what  we know about her, there is no other way or be ready for the chop.

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

When the writers could not show HS past life, do you think that they are going to show Neil past life. Nope, the writers put in things than can't explain them.