Rudra’s past

ananya269 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So it was shown from Day 1 that Rudra pretty much hates his dad. I thought it was due to him having an extra marital affair or something but now the flashbacks show something even more sinister. 

I believe that Rudra and MJ used to be pretty close, like Rishi and MJ now. Maybe Rudra fell in love and told his dad about it. MJ being the typical control freak that he is, decides to ruin their relationship. 

So my guess is that he himself had an affair with that girl or hired someone to have an affair with her. MJ doesn’t really respect women as we see, his wife is merely an accessory to him, and he likes to keep Diya and Ananya close just to use them when time comes. He made this girl cheat on Rudra so that he doesn’t stray away. Major Game of Thrones vibes here (Tyrion Lannister?). But guess the plan backfired and Rudra hates his dad now. 

What do y’all think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Since the day MJ started chanting the Roys version of 'A lannister always pays his debts' (Roys kabhi kisika karz nehi rakhte), I am getting the Tywin lannister vibes from him and have been pretty sure that he had an affair with Rudra's gf to lure her away from him. I don't think Rudra will end up as Tyrion though 😆

Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya269

So it was shown from Day 1 that Rudra pretty much hates his dad. I thought it was due to him having an extra marital affair or something but now the flashbacks show something even more sinister. 

I believe that Rudra and MJ used to be pretty close, like Rishi and MJ now. Maybe Rudra fell in love and told his dad about it. MJ being the typical control freak that he is, decides to ruin their relationship. 

So my guess is that he himself had an affair with that girl or hired someone to have an affair with her. MJ doesn’t really respect women as we see, his wife is merely an accessory to him, and he likes to keep Diya and Ananya close just to use them when time comes. He made this girl cheat on Rudra so that he doesn’t stray away. Major Game of Thrones vibes here (Tyrion Lannister?). But guess the plan backfired and Rudra hates his dad now. 

What do y’all think?

OMG yes! Total Tywin Lannister feels. What a creep. I hope Rudra can share his pain with Maya someday 

Edited by Armu4eva - 4 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: stormborn

Since the day MJ started chanting the Roys version of 'A lannister always pays his debts' (Roys kabhi kisika karz nehi rakhte), I am getting the Tywin lannister vibes from him and have been pretty sure that he had an affair with Rudra's gf to lure her away from him. I don't think Rudra will end up as Tyrion though 😆

Haven't watched GoT. Just know of the incestuous Lannister siblings.  😆 

But I hope they do remember that it's an Indian show, and showing the father having an affair with the son's girlfriend is still a little grotesque here. 😆 Though it would speak a lot about our progress as a society, personally, I don't want to see that. I don't care if he hired someone else for it. But I don't want MJ to do the deed. Call me conservative or whatever, I probably can't deal with that.😆

Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

Most probably it's the truth. MJ said he tried to help Rudra meant he tested the girl , thus ruined the beautiful relation.

Antara123 thumbnail

That said, I think it goes way deeper I guess. They are revealing tidbits every episode, and not hyping it excessively also. But they are giving us more puzzle pieces every episode. I think Rudra hates MJ for a lot of reasons. Probably MJ cheated on his wife, wrecked Rudra's love life, by getting her to cheat on Rudra, or it probably is something else. He may have seen his father having an affair with another girl, and his girlfriend's memory could be unrelated to the lift one. 

I am trying to understand his phobia of lifts in relation to the memory. Is it symbolic of his inability to move on and get trapped in the memories of the past, just like how all his happiness got trapped within that elevator, which he didn't dare open for fear of losing it further?

Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: Antara123

But I hope they do remember that it's an Indian show, and showing the father having an affair with the son's girlfriend is still a little grotesque here. 😆 Though it would speak a lot about our progress as a society, personally, I don't want to see that. I don't care if he hired someone else for it. But I don't want MJ to do the deed. Call me conservative or whatever, I probably can't deal with that.😆

Btw one important parallel is that Tyrion is the Hand of the King/Queen. Rudra is also like Mayas hand in this game of chess/battle of revenge. 

stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Antara123

The father of the incestuous siblings slept with the gf of the 3rd sibling so that she lies in the court against the 3rd son. He was in court in charge of murdering the son of the incestuous twins. I have seen all the seasons of this thing. So nothing is anymore too grotesque for me. May be I could have felt you pre GOT. But now I am like-----Yoo bring it on !!!!!!!! 😆

Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

The father of the incestuous siblings slept with the gf of the 3rd sibling so that she lies in the court against the 3rd son. He was in court in charge of murdering the son of the incestuous twins. I have seen all the seasons of this thing. So nothing is anymore too grotesque for me. May be I could have felt you pre GOT. But now I am like-----Yoo bring it on !!!!!!!! 😆

That's the thing. I didn't watch GoT and after how it disappointed all my friends, for the first time I chose to be glad I never watched it. 😆 I am hoping MJ is not as incestuous as the Lannister Dad. 

stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Btw one important parallel is that Tyrion is the Hand of the King/Queen. Rudra is also like Mayas hand in this game of chess/battle of revenge. 

@bold. Was just going to say that. Also a lover's death and a lost child (lost due to betrayal of a lady) changed dany from a mild mannered girl to a ferocious revengeful queen. If Maya's ex is not MJ, then I suppose she too had to endure something similar.

On a lighter note, not to mention Rudra is a witty smart-mouth like Tyrion.

And also a bibliophile I guess (he has opened a publishing house in the Kindle age afterall)