No obsession of maya

karishma_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Beyhadh 1 Was about the obsessive love of Maya ok but beyhadh 2 is about obsessive hatred of Maya. But I personally feel this beyhadh season, not much of Maya's hatred as an obsession is shown. I mean Maya is like any other villain of the show who goes to any extreme level to destroy the person they want to. Hatred of a villain is always some kind of obsession...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail

She is obsessed with her revenge on MJ and trapping his sons is key to her plan. We will see her different shades as the weeks go by. Am excited for the party and attack on Antara. 

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I sort of agree with you, TM. Obsession has no meaning, no roots, no justification. Some people are obsessed coz they don't know any other way to be. Maya S1 was lost in a sea of emotions, and she found no other way to control things around her except however she did. 

Maya 2.0 isn't lost. She's willingly steering herself in the path she's set out on. And in this season they didn't really promote obsession. They promoted beyhadh nafrat, excessive and limitless hatred. That's the same for any villain, and that fact isn't new. Taken in isolation, that concept is new. But what makes the entire package new is that, in this, she was filled with beyhadh pyaar and that's turned into burning hatred inside her, and in my opinion it has consumed her before she can use it to take on anyone else. I doubt she's expecting happiness at the end of her battle. She's not coz she knows that the path she's chosen leaves no scope for happiness, either on the way or at the destination. The whole point of her present path is that, her previous status quo had no hope of possibility of happiness or peace or joy left, coz everything was shredded and torn apart such that she herself was completely broken, and the parts of her left have come back together, knowing this is the end, and she wants the world to suffer the consequences of its actions, but that which has got no gain for her. But only loss for others. 

coolpd93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

They have explored maya pretty much before..atleast thats what the makers said when they were promoting beyhad 2...it was mostly like an excerpt...since everyone knows her out of ways to the get her desires done , they are now showing on how she is doing in this play..maya is the very same as in B1 ...it’s just that she’s in a different arena now..with a definite motive..

Edited by coolpd93 - 4 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Honestly I like Maya 2 because here her obsession has a reason which stems from her past. Revenge part makes up for a great plot. 

Maya 1 was great for her revenge against her father Ashwin but I could never side with her for her obsession with Arjun and the way she literally destroyed herself and everything she had built because of that.

It all boils down to motive. It's easy to side with Maya in this season because Maya 1 did some really really messed up things in her obsession for no reason apparently.

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: arshi_asya

Honestly I like Maya 2 because here her obsession has a reason which stems from her past. Revenge part makes up for a great plot. 

Maya 1 was great for her revenge against her father Ashwin but I could never side with her for her obsession with Arjun and the way she literally destroyed herself and everything she had built because of that.

It all boils down to motive. It's easy to side with Maya in this season because Maya 1 did some really really messed up things in her obsession for no reason apparently.

I sort of agree. Maya 1 wasn't given a very justifiable basis for all that obsession, rather it wasn't explored enough. They could have done more. They are doing that now. And it's easy when one has a backstory. Maya's back story was only a bad past in S1, that didn't explain why she was so obsessed. This time around her obsessive hatred has roots in obsessive love. Like another member said, it's another facet of the same Maya in another arena.

chinnu_kaku thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: karishma_luv

Beyhadh 1 Was about the obsessive love of Maya ok but beyhadh 2 is about obsessive hatred of Maya. But I personally feel this beyhadh season, not much of Maya's hatred as an obsession is shown. I mean Maya is like any other villain of the show who goes to any extreme level to destroy the person they want to. Hatred of a villain is always some kind of obsession...

that obsession is missing..as I said in another post, it's high time,the director improves the camera lighting and give bright dresses to her. She looks dull and unhappy.. I used to madly watch season 1 for her costumes and hairstyles. Beyhadh 2 they have ruined her completely. My expectations shattered to pieces. Her black dress looks like night dress.

Something is missing yaar,may be her anger, missing psycho Maya...the possessive and obsessive Maya...

chinnu_kaku thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I feel like jenni is acting for naam Kae vaastaey 🤷

MayaNation20 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thimag1314

that obsession is missing..as I said in another post, it's high time,the director improves the camera lighting and give bright dresses to her. She looks dull and unhappy.. I used to madly watch season 1 for her costumes and hairstyles. Beyhadh 2 they have ruined her completely. My expectations shattered to pieces. Her black dress looks like night dress.

Something is missing yaar,may be her anger, missing psycho Maya...the possessive and obsessive Maya...

Maya 1.0 just set such a high bar for the series overall let's be real. I agree with you lol. We have to keep in mind series one and two are in two different universes and they are trying to make Maya 2.0 as different from Maya 1.0 but they're not doing it right. 😭