'I'll root for my wife if she..'-Siddhu

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
'I'll root for my wife if she contests elections'

Navjot Singh Sidhu on his wife's entry into politics, his career and being pitted against Shakti Kapoor in a TV show!

RESHMA S KULKARNI

Navjot Singh Sidhu, the maverick cricketer-turned-actor, who has been entertaining everyone with his witty one-liners through two seasons of the Great Indian Laughter Champions, is now ready to set the stage ablaze with his talent — literally! Sidhu, who till now, was spouting his gyaan from the judge's seat, will now be seen on-stage with his laughtrionics through a new programme Laughter Challenge Mahayudh on Star One, that will see him leading a pack of six participants of the Laughter Challenge series, against an equal team led by none other than Shakti Kapoor!
   Talking about this new role and his muqabla with Shakti and team, Sidhu says, "Arre, yeh toh hasi ka Mahabharata hoga!" Elaborating about the stint, Sidhu says that he is excited about being on camera as a participant, because the level of involvement gets heightened all the more. "Laughter Challenge has been an extremely fond experience and now with Mahayudh, my involvement gets enhanced all the more. And with a person like Shakti Kapoor pitted against me, I am waiting to charge into stage!" declares Sidhu, who remarks that in the little interaction he has had with Shakti, he has become very fond of the man and refutes all fears that Shakti's risqu reputation will hamper the show's image. "Image ka kya hai? It takes one day to make or mar it and after seeing Shakti on this show, people will get acquainted with a very clean and humourous side of his! In fact, this programme will help elevate his image to a huge deal; but having said that, I certainly do not think that he has an image to be afraid of. In films, he plays what directors think he can play best and I think if people get so affected by those portrayals, then he is certainly doing a great job!" comments Sidhu.
   Sidhu seems to be very fond of his latest companion but is that more so because he is relieved to have finally gotten away from Shekhar Suman, with whom he was believed to have shared not-so-pleasant vibes? "All that was a hoax. We shared a good relationship. Whatever differences we may have had were purely creative; there was nothing personal in it and in fact, I'm quite missing him!" remarks Sidhu.
   Sidhu, who has been a part of the Laughter sequel for almost a year-anda-half now, had also tried his hand at doing daily soaps through Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, which he left as fast as he entered. What could be the reason? "There was no reason except that I was committed to Laughter series prior to Nimmo, which I had taken up as a guest appearance. It was such a small role that I did it free of cost and contrary to reports, I did not leave the show due to some grouse. In fact, Ekta still wants me to come back and if I find time, who knows, I may still do it!" says Sidhu.
   About his court case, he says, "I should be getting a clearer idea about my case in a fortnight or so; which will be helpful in allowing my wife decide about what to do about contesting the local election at Amritsar. Honestly, she is not too keen about doing it; it is at the behest of some senior party leaders who are very close to us, that she has become ready to take the step but finally, the decision will be left to her which will be easier for her after I get the verdict. But if at all she decides to contest the elections, I'll be rooting for her in every way. She has been my pillar of support through thick and thin, all these years and now it's my turn" says the proud husband as he signs off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nightangel thumbnail
hmm not a bed idea...after wht happend to sidhu.. 😳
NKSUDHIR thumbnail
Sidhu was accused of killing a man in 1994 in hit and run. I don't know how the exact story goes, but he was involved in an accident which he was not guilty of but next will court will decide if he is innocent or not. The day, he was found guilty in Supreme court, he resigned from Politics and now roumers are that he wants his wife to join politics and he will support him from behind the scenes. Only time will tell what is in store for this Talented Actor. I hope everything goes fine with his case which he was not guilty anyways.
archangel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
What's new another lalu yadav