Akshay denies HF4 fudging, says Fox Stars has credibility to maintain(Page 3)

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by Phenomenal_One

even bollyhungamra week1 125crs

and boi week1 137cr

aisa pehli bar hua ha smiley37

Bollywood hungama (Taran) 6 days is 125 crore my man, not one week. 

Edited by shogun - 7 months ago
0 Likes this

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

You need to understand, Kaabil, Krish 3 and Shivaay and so on are not called fudgers just because of BOI. Sites like koimoi, indicine also had figures on same line. Aap ko nahi maana mat maano, don't call others idiots.

I don’t know much about Shivaay so won’t comment on that. BOI is largely at the root of the Roshans’ reputation for fudging and it is simply untrue that BOI figures match Koimoi and Indicine for Kaabil and K3

Kaabil lifetime collection 126.58 Cr Koimoi; 126.86 Cr Indicine; 86.54 Cr BOI

Krrish 3 lifetime collection 240.50 Cr Koimoi; 221.32 Cr Indicine; 175.83 Cr BOI

Now of those three trade sources which is the biggest outlier?

Indicine specifically addressed the Kaabil-Raees inflation controversy and said that BOI was under reporting Kaabil collection http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/kaabil-raees-inflated-figures-estimates/ In part they said:
“The ‘trade source’ which most people quote, has been at it too over the first few days. Not including collections from the dubbed versions is wrong and completely writing off one film on the first day of release itself is unethical, especially in a clash when the reports aren’t as bad as Mohenjo Daro. Also, 5% inflation of one film and 5% deflation (reduction) of the other, can make a massive difference to the final outcome.”

There is right now a thread about BOI reducing War collection  - when other trade sources are reporting 300cr has been reached. 

1 Likes this

Originally posted by shogun

Bollywood hungama (Taran) 6 days is 125 crore my man, not one week. 

please check :) bollyhungama official site

1 Likes this

Originally posted by Phenomenal_One

please check :) bollyhungama official site

Ooo snap my bad. You are right. Taran went back and edited today it seems. Just yesterday it was 6 days 125 crore now it is like you said one week. 😓

1 Likes this

Originally posted by shogun

Ooo snap my bad. You are right. Taran went back and edited today it seems. Just yesterday it was 6 days 125 crore now it is like you said one week. 😓

LOL thats y i m saying never seen boi giving more n taran komal less smiley39smiley17

2 Likes this

Nobody reports accurate figures. But we can get an idea of the range. If, say, movie A earned 200 crores at the box-office, the real figures could be 220 crores or 180 crores.

That's why it's imperative to look at the range rather than the exact figures. Sultan crossed 300 crores and 3 Idiots crossed 200 crores. They were movies on the mark, so reality could be that Sultan made 298 crores and 3I made 198 crores. Or, they might have made 315 and 215 crores respectively. But that's not important in that case because Sultan and 3I are recognized as bonafide blockbusters.

There are exceptions like Krrish 3, Kaabil, Shivaay, and now Housefull where the makers/trade report gross figures as net or fudge numbers beyond the norm. And, apart from Krrish 3, none of them are bonafide hits let alone blockbusters.

I'm not surprised by BOI inflating Housefull numbers. They've been an Akshay Kumar propaganda machine for about 2 years now and that coincides with Reshma managing Akshay.

Edited by SaayaOfKaaya - 7 months ago
3 Likes this

Sajid Nadiadwala Akshay Kumar Housefull 4