Brhama-Saraswati

melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi guyz 

this is my first topic ever so please be kind with responses. 

i wish Namah does something with regards to the story of Brhama and Saraswati, at this point we are all well aware of the origin of the other part o the trinity that is LakshmiNarayan and Parvati and shiva but i would like to know more about this pair that are always neglected.

i know the story doesnt revolve arround them but it will be a fresh concept even though i think the actress playing saraswati is to young compared when she is standing beside brahma but if they tell it to us in a mythological way i think it would be fine more spirutual then romantic. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hello and Welcome, 

Yes, it would be indeed well to see the story of Saraswati and Brahma but seeing as the writers are unable to give proper representation to the other lead pair, I don't think they will be able to do justice to them either.  

The relationship between Brahma and Saraswati is always called into question when one is introduced to the Sanathan Dharma, Brahma as the creator creates Saraswati then doesn't that make her his daughter then how could he marry her, I will try and answer this question. 

At the start of each Kalp Prakarti dissolves herself into formless energy to bind the universe together, this is the time when Brahma is creating and generating everything. He creates the Saptarishis, Asurs, and Prajapatis and they further reproduce, expand and build. 

The formless Adiparashakti, Adi meaning first materializes in these households. Sati(Parvati) in the house of Prajapati Daksh, Bhargavi(Lakshmi) in the house of Bhirgu the foremost of the Saptrishis and Sharadha(Saraswati) in the house of Himavan the mountain king, all his daughters with the exception of Parvati are the rivers that flow to enrich the lives of others. 

Now, these Shaktis need to go on the journey of self-discovery from Yonija(Womb born) to Ayonija (Self-created beyond the limitations of time) to discover their identity as primal beings themselves and marry their respective consorts. Now Vishnu spent years in Bhirgus ashram 'Deepotsaka' situated on the banks of Vadhusar river as a servant to gain Lakshmi back as his wife. And due to the influence of the gods to kill Tarkasura Shiva finally relented and gave up his Vairagya Jeevan and married Sati.  All this time Saraswati spent her life as a river on earth leading Brahma to become impatient, in frustration he gave form to her riverself and made Saraswati a body and asked her to marry him. 

As Saraswati was not aware of her true self she refused. Brahma at this point was infatuated with her and began growing heads so that he could see her from all the angles, Saraswati growing scared ran to Kailasha and begged Shiva for help. Brahma in his arrogance grew another head on top of all others, seeing this Shiva got angry and started a fight with Brahma. Two opposing forces stood against each other which were creating a destructive force so huge that it would annihilate the entire universe and cosmos. Seeing this Narayan intervened and asked to sort out the issues calmly but nothing could stop Shiva as he was in his Rudra Swaroop and he chopped down the 5th head of Brahma. As Brahma was a Brahman, Shiva got the curse of Brahman Hatya and the severed skull of Brahma got permanently attached to the hand Shiva as it acted as a bowl. Shiva through the Skull he has to beg for alms and is referred to as Bhikshanta. Also why Daksha hates him so much, he severed the head of his father. 

Meanwhile, Lakshmi had explained Saraswati her role and importance in the world and helped her achieve her Nirgun Swaroop, Saraswati having come to terms with her immortality recognized Brahma as her Consort and married him and they departed to Brahmalok to live out their happily ever after.  

This is one of my favourite stories because when Saraswati was unable to recognize Narad, her son he cried and I am just gonna skip over that part because I don't want to make this post any longer. I had watched this story ages ago in a Kannada channel, I will try and find it. 

And hopefully, I have given You some insight into this particular story. 

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Hi welcome

Till now the show focused on Shiv Sati/Parvati.now the focus will be on Laxmi Narayan.It would be nice if they show a track revolving around Brahma and Saraswati.Yhe show does not revolve around them but still they can show.

melodysong thumbnail

Originally posted by: crystalmoon

Now, these Shaktis need to go on the journey of self-discovery from Yonija(Womb born) to Ayonija (Self-created beyond the limitations of time) to discover their identity as primal beings themselves and marry their respective consorts. Now Vishnu spent years in Bhirgus ashram 'Deepotsaka' situated on the banks of Vadhusar river as a servant to gain Lakshmi back as his wife. And due to the influence of the gods to kill Tarkasura Shiva finally relented and gave up his Vairagya Jeevan and married Sati.  All this time Saraswati spent her life as a river on earth leading Brahma to become impatient, in frustration he gave form to her riverself and made Saraswati a body and asked her to marry him. 

As Saraswati was not aware of her true self she refused. Brahma at this point was infatuated with her and began growing heads so that he could see her from all the angles, Saraswati growing scared ran to Kailasha and begged Shiva for help. Brahma in his arrogance grew another head on top of all others, seeing this Shiva got angry and started a fight with Brahma. Two opposing forces stood against each other which were creating a destructive force so huge that it would annihilate the entire universe and cosmos. Seeing this Narayan intervened and asked to sort out the issues calmly but nothing could stop Shiva as he was in his Rudra Swaroop and he chopped down the 5th head of Brahma. As Brahma was a Brahman, Shiva got the curse of Brahman Hatya and the severed skull of Brahma got permanently attached to the hand Shiva as it acted as a bowl. Shiva through the Skull he has to beg for alms and is referred to as Bhikshanta. Also why Daksha hates him so much, he severed the head of his father. 

After reading this i remembered they showed it in siya ke ram and went and watched that episode.😊

Hoping that Namah expands on it as i it would be amazing to see, and more Bhargav Shukracharya and Bhargavi content I want. maybe the conflict will be same as Rukmi and Rukmani in mahabharat. Is it a sibling rivalary from the beggining or the conflict arised later when she married Vishnu.  

Also the Daksh part gives another perspective to the storyline, explains why he was so against sati marrying shiva. 

Thank you for updating me about Saraswati and Brahma, i had watched some youtube clips with regards to Brahmas beheading but they didnt appeal to me much, u explained it well. 

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: melodysong

After reading this i remembered they showed it in siya ke ram and went and watched that episode.😊

Hoping that Namah expands on it as i it would be amazing to see, and more Bhargav Shukracharya and Bhargavi content I want. maybe the conflict will be same as Rukmi and Rukmani in mahabharat. Is it a sibling rivalary from the beggining or the conflict arised later when she married Vishnu.  

Also the Daksh part gives another perspective to the storyline, explains why he was so against sati marrying shiva. 

Thank you for updating me about Saraswati and Brahma, i had watched some youtube clips with regards to Brahmas beheading but they didnt appeal to me much, u explained it well. 

Please let me know the episode number, I remember watching it too but it was on TV and I don't remember in which episode it took place. 

You are welcome,😃 I just love Hindu Mythology so I tend to consume media related to it and talk about it, at any given chance. 

melodysong thumbnail

Originally posted by: crystalmoon

Please let me know the episode number, I remember watching it too but it was on TV and I don't remember in which episode it took place. 

Season 6, Episode 22, i have included the link below. 

hotstar.com/in/tv/siya-ke-ram/s-402/ravans-plan-worries-parvati/1000095416 

but as newbie i cant post hyperlinks, just copy and paste it to you search bar