Maa Shakti to Parvati- informational garbar

jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

According to my knowledge Maa Shakti is the adi roop. At first there was nothing except "nirakar Brahma"( shapeless Brhama). Then it was told "Be". Ma Shakti appeared. Ma Shakti was the source of all shakti. After her Shakar Brahma , Diti , Aditi etc were born.

Either Durgam or Durgati was an Asur. He got blessing from Mahadev that "no man/god can defeat him." Then this Asur took over the heaven and earth. Devtas runaway from heaven and was hiding . To kill this Asur they called a meeting . Then with their Shakti they created a bigger shakti . Mahisasur was not the name of that Asur. As I have mentioned his name was different. During the battle with Ma shakti ruperna Devi he took different forms such as "elephant, lion etc." The last form was "Mahisa" ===a saand/bull. Ma Shakti killed him in "Mahisa" roop. THis is how he got the name "Mahisasur". On the other hand as Ma Shakti killed this Durgam/Durgati Asur she became the "Mahisamardani Devi Durga" or "Durgati nashini Ma Durga". .

After the war "Mahisasur" recognized her as the Adi Shakti and called her as "Ma". This is why he is present under Ma Durga's feet as the disobedient son to teach all those who do not respect "woman" who is a "mother". If a mother can give you birth she can punish you too.

After the war and death of Mahisasur all the Devtas and Mahadev went to Ma Shakti to request her to stay. But she refused it and told that she will come back in different avatars whenever she is needed. Saying this she disappeared under the feet of Mahadev means Kailas. Kailas was Parvat. Parvati was the Parvat kanya. So she is called "Parvati". Means Ma Shakti/Durga was much older goddess than Parvati. Sp she was not Mahadev's wife when she killed Durgam Asur. She was a woman form of Shakti, not even a real woman. Parvati was born to give birth to "Kartik". As Mahadev gave blessing to another another Asur that "no grown up can kill him". So Kartik was born as the shakti from Ardhanariswar= Shiv+Parvati. Which also proves that Parvati is younger than Ma Shakti and she was a new Avatar of Ma Shakti. Means Ma Shakti /Durga was not Mahadev's wife. Parvati was his wife.

Like Parvati Ma Shakti came to earth in many forms such as beti- Katyani etc.

Long ago in Star Plus Channel there was a show called "Ma Shakti" which supported the initial story or the appearance of Ma Shakti. Now why this new story I am not understanding at all.

Edited by jhalak7 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey, @melodysong expressed the same concerns in one of my topics, I was able to give the answer to the best of my ability. I am going to copy-paste the same answer here hope it is okay. 

This again depends on what scripture you are reading the one that is found in Srimad Bhagwat Mahapuran attributes it to Mahamaya who has taken surgun roop as Durga. 

Shiva Puran will say Parvati is Durga, Vishnu and Padma Puran says its Lakshmi as Vaishnavi who slew Mahisasur. 

But the widely expected notion across all of Sanatan Dharam is that  she is the shakti of all the devas which includes not just Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Kali but also the wives of other gods like Sachi (Indra), Rohini (Chandra), Varuni (Varun), Saranyu (Surya), Svaha (Agni) and many others who took form of the warrior Godesses to kill Mahisasura. 

I think Paravati as Durga became famous because of DKDM and Mahakali serial who centred around Paravati and the shows that came before attributed the role of Durga as the combined Shaktis of Matrikas. Matrikas are a group of mother Godesses who are always depicted together in Hinduism. Matrikas are the different forms of Adi Parashakti. Matrikas are the personified powers of different gods. Brahmani emerged from Brahma, Vaishnavi from Vishnu, Shivani from Shiva, Indrani from Indra, Kaumari from Skanda, Varahi from Varaha and Narshimi from Narshima. 

I prefer to go by the Shakth Scriptures mainly Durga Shaptasi and Devi Mahatmya in which we find that the presiding deities of the beginning part, the middle part and the ending part to be Mahakali, Mahalakshmi and Mahasarasvati Devi respectively.

Mahakali is Yogmaya, the Yognidra of Vishnu. She puts him into a dreamless slumber. She has 10 heads, 10 hands, and 10 legs. She was the one who was worshipped by Brahma to slay Madhu Kaitabh.

Mahalakshmi is the foremost Divinity declared by Devi Mahatmya. She is the one who existed when nothing lived. In her ugra roop, the warrior form, she slays Mahishasur. She has 18 hands and is the Mulaprakriti( or Param Prakarti as Bhudevi) herself.

Mahasarasvati is Kaushiki Devi. She slayed down Raktbija, Dhumralochana, Shumbha, and Nishumbha. She has 8 hands and materialized from the cells of Kali.

Basically there are 18 main Puranas in Hindu Scripture and all have a different view but still, manage to co-exist because their basic foundation remains the same. 

AdiShakti is Mahamaya beyond illusions she is the source through which this universe emerged, after the process of creation she dived herself into 3 parts, Mahasaraswati, Mahalakshmi and Mahakali. Paravati's ugra roop remains Kali and not Durga.  

melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: crystalmoon

Shiva Puran will say Parvati is Durga, Vishnu and Padma Puran says its Lakshmi as Vaishnavi who slew Mahisasur. 

But the widely expected notion across all of Sanatan Dharam is that  she is the shakti of all the devas which includes not just Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Kali but also the wives of other gods like Sachi (Indra), Rohini (Chandra), Varuni (Varun), Saranyu (Surya), Svaha (Agni) and many others who took form of the warrior Goddess to kill Mahisasura. 

AdiShakti is Mahamaya beyond illusions she is the source through which this universe emerged, after the process of creation she dived herself into 3 parts, Mahasaraswati, Mahalakshmi and Mahakali. Paravati's ugra roop remains Kali and not Durga.  

So basically the show has been following shiva puran until now which is a bumper to be honest why name the show namah at all if Narayan was gonna be a supporting actor to parvati and shiva?

Edited by melodysong - 4 years ago
melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhalak7

Either Durgam or Durgati was an Asur. He got blessing from Mahadev that "no man/god can defeat him." Then this Asur took over the heaven and earth. Devtas runaway from heaven and was hiding . To kill this Asur they called a meeting . Then with their Shakti they created a bigger shakti . Mahisasur was not the name of that Asur. As I have mentioned his name was different. During the battle with Ma shakti ruperna Devi he took different forms such as "elephant, lion etc." The last form was "Mahisa" ===a saand/bull. Ma Shakti killed him in "Mahisa" roop. THis is how he got the name "Mahisasur". On the other hand as Ma Shakti killed this Durgam/Durgati Asur she became the "Mahisamardani Devi Durga" or "Durgati nashini Ma Durga". .

Yup, even i am aware of this version 

but i think it was brahma that gave the vardaan and not shiva. 

other shows that i have seen show adi shakti and saraswati, lakshmi and parvati as separate people.

Durga and adi shakti are complete personalities on their own and are not married to anyone. they have their own lok in which they reside and appear when called upon in various avatars.