Mohini Basu vs Anurag Basu

Autumn09 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

There are a lot of posts which describe how Mohini is not a good mother. But I differ here, Anurag Basu is much worse a son.

When Mr. Bajaj went on a spree to ruin the Basu Publications and Basus(the reason of that personal enmity is still unexplained), it was only Nivedita who was concerned with handling the practical matters while Anurag was in Devdaas mode. He never cared about getting his company out of trouble, he was busy in only pestering Mr. Bajaj. Instead of focusing on business (which he should as Moloy was paralyzed), he was chanting why Prerna didn't marry him? All this while, Nivi was the one who was the pillar of the family.(I hate when Moloy and Mohini don't give Nivi any credit just because she's a daughter while Anurag is a 'son'. I never saw Anurag as concerned about his father as are Nivi, Mohini. Even Anupam, despite being the lazy one, is more caring and responsible. Anurag ke pass shaadi and pyar karne ke alawa koi kaam hi nahi h. Basus par jitni bhi problem aati h, their reason is Anurag Basu and never does he try to solve them.

Mohini can be a grey character from Prerna's and audience's perspective, but you can't deny she always keeps her family as the first priority. She is fierce for Anurag and Moloy. (Though, I feel Nivi and Tapur always get stepmotherly treatment from Moloy and Mohini, despite them being more caring than Anurag). Anurag never realizes the sole reason of his family's suffering is him, and Mohini knows this, but in her putr-moh, she diverts the whole responsibility to Prerna. Mohini's prejudice towards the Sharmas is insufferable, but she is a fierce and caring mother. I feel Anurag is basically their good for nothing son. He is not concerned about his studies or career. Just imagine, if someone has a brother or son like him in family, it would definitely be a liability.

Edited by Autumn09 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I dont watch many ITV shows but my guess is that Anurag is perhaps not too atypical for a male lead.

I think ITV shows work more on woman fighting each other so the men of the show necessarily have to be wimpy and emasculated .

Look how the creatives of the show have taken away all the ability to act or react away from the male lead by giving him memory loss.

The love of his life who is pregnant with his child is kicked out in the middle of the night and he sleeps a sleep to rival sleeping beauty😆

He was always vela and nikamma but watch as Anurag becomes more abla and bechara and bewakof in this track.

Mohini works because she is played by the best actor on the show atm.

Edited by dahibhalle - 4 years ago
Autumn09 thumbnail

I agree. Anurag of S1 was also always a bechara and crybaby, but at least he had professional ambitions. Also, he could protect his family and not always dependent on Prerna, Mohini or Nivi.

When S2 started, I was not much invested in Komolika track but was looking forward for Mr. Bajaj track where all three leads could display their professional mettle. But AnuPre ne to Mr. Bajaj ko bhi apni sangat me berozgar bana diya.

I know KZK is a love story, but at least Anurag should share some family and business responsibilities. I'm not seeing a bit of the son who makes his parents proud as the Basus claim for Anurag.

I hope at least Prerna starts working and achieve professional success to support her family.

Edited by Autumn09 - 4 years ago
Autumn09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dahibhalle

I dont watch many ITV shows but my guess is that Anurag is perhaps not too atypical for a male lead.

I think ITV shows work more on woman fighting each other so the men of the show necessarily have to be wimpy and emasculated .

Look how the creatives of the show have taken away all the ability to act or react away from the male lead by giving him memory loss.

The love of his life who is pregnant with his child is kicked out in the middle of the night and he sleeps a sleep to rival sleeping beauty😆

He was always vela and nikamma but watch as Anurag becomes more abla and bechara and bewakof in this track.

Mohini works because she is played by the best actor on the show atm.

I agree. Anurag of S1 was also always a bechara and crybaby, but at least he had professional ambitions. Also, he could protect his family and not always dependent on Prerna, Mohini or Nivi.

When S2 started, I was not much invested in Komolika track but was looking forward for Mr. Bajaj track where all three leads could display their professional mettle. But AnuPre ne to Mr. Bajaj ko bhi apni sangat me berozgar bana diya.

I know KZK is a love story, but at least Anurag should share some family and business responsibilities. I'm not seeing a bit of the son who makes his parents proud as the Basus claim for Anurag.

I hope at least Prerna starts working and achieve professional success to support her family.

Shubhavi is slaying as Mohini. Though it could easily be termed as a villain, but I can see that she cares deeply for her son and family. And if a mother is in that situation(we are audience so we get to see how Sonalika is actually Komolika and how Prerna loves Anurag), but if we look from Mohini's eyes, Anurag was first arrested due to being involved with Prerna in helping her friends elope so naturally she thinks Prerna can land Anurag into trouble.

reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

No anurag is the best lover any girl could ask for

Mohini hates prerna because she snatched anurag from her

Reemz11 thumbnail

You know I recently realised this show has no sub-plots. Most Ekta shows have sub-plots, in fact most shows which are there for the long run have a sub-plot here or there but KZK2 has none. It’s literally about how Anurag and Prerna seperate, come together and then seperate again. We saw a glimpse of Bajajs past and enemity with Basus but nothing explored there. They stuck to the love story only and because of this Anurag and Prernas characters become even more highlighted. So Anurag loves Prerna, wants to be with her but what else? That’s why I had made that topic about their character growth. What else is there to these 2 characters that we can discuss apart from the fact that they love each other. There’s not much there at all. Anurag at least has scenes with his family, even then like you said he doesn’t do much to help his family out. It’s all about Mohini doting on him, spoiling him and warning him about Prerna. 

Autumn09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reemz11

You know I recently realised this show has no sub-plots. Most Ekta shows have sub-plots, in fact most shows which are there for the long run have a sub-plot here or there but KZK2 has none. It’s literally about how Anurag and Prerna seperate, come together and then seperate again. We saw a glimpse of Bajajs past and enemity with Basus but nothing explored there. They stuck to the love story only and because of this Anurag and Prernas characters become even more highlighted. So Anurag loves Prerna, wants to be with her but what else? That’s why I had made that topic about their character growth. What else is there to these 2 characters that we can discuss apart from the fact that they love each other. There’s not much there at all. Anurag at least has scenes with his family, even then like you said he doesn’t do much to help his family out. It’s all about Mohini doting on him, spoiling him and warning him about Prerna. 

You've pointed out the exact problem in the show. Even in most old-fashioned love stories, due importance is given to characters' individual journey. Frankly speaking, both the lead characters have only deteriorated. It's true that we knew that Anurag and Prerna will fall in love and get separated because this is KZK but what else? When Mr. Bajaj was introduced, I expected that he had some shared past with the Basus which would have been interesting. Even in Ekta Kapoor's other shows, there is some suspense, hidden agendas of seemingly benign characters but in KZK, the plot is a straight line. We know Anurag and Prerna love each other but what about the rest of their life.

I liked the unconventional jodi of Nivi and Anupam and think they have more layers than the leads. Even Mohini and Moloy are more interesting.

Autumn09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeyacute

No anurag is the best lover any girl could ask for

Mohini hates prerna because she snatched anurag from her

I don't think so. If a person can't handle his own life, career and family, how can he be suitable for a girl? He still requires everyone to protect him as if he's a child.

reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn09

I don't think so. If a person can't handle his own life, career and family, how can he be suitable for a girl? He still requires everyone to protect him as if he's a child.

For loving a person u dont need career n family

Anurags biggest enemy is his family only

Outsider just take advantage of the situation

scarlett22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree.  From a mother's point of view, Mohini is right. She has never pretended to like Prerna. And she is scared Anurag will deteriorate if he tries to remember Prerna. And I also like the actress Shubhaavi, however OTT she makes the character believable.

In this track it is Moloy who is the surprise..that he could send a pregnant Prerna out on the streets in the middle of the night. 

All true about Anurag as well. He seems to have no responsibility towards his parents. Even when his dad was unwell, he was not involved in the business.