Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aditiraher77 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Numbers don't matter and in this world there is a market for everything that sells! Majority isn't always right and in the end its all about individual likes. We live in a country where Kabir Singh was superhit whereas a movie like Thappad struggled to survive. I don't think anyone takes fan fictions seriously including me but I am happy to see that I am not the only one to let out my disliking. I was talking about few stories which I didn't like and not about your entire work and I believe one needs more sharp eyes to look through and not just below the surface what majority can't see which might make us uncomfortable. 

There is no fun in a story without drama but it can be created in million different ways without being stuck in the old patterns! I don't mind a male lead being a hot headed chauvinist, its his casualness towards his hurtful actions and the passive reaction of the female lead that makes me uneasy. The point isn't about making Khushi a replica of lady ASR but giving her sweet character spine and substance. I didn't mention kitchen scene of Season 1 because of its impact but because of Khushi's response to Arnav's question that made loose its impact. Letting out your honest feelings and hurt is needed and Ignoring or suppressing it  simply makes everything toxic in the long term. That's what happens in real life too and otherwise marriages won't fall apart. One can make things work  in writing anyway rather than simply stereotyping like Season 2 begins with Khushi saying sorry to Arnav for a wrong business deal and making huge losses when she was the CEO of AR in Arnav's absence. I don't think if it was the ASR who had made the wrong deal and made AR bankrupt would have changed anything in this story. He can be wrong too and Khushi can also be a successful CEO too without being ruthless and aggressive like so many real life businesswomen or female CEO's! That's why I feel such stories feel  it belongs to the Era gone by not the current times. Hard to relate! 

Having said this I am not here to carry out a dissection of your work and I don't have any intention to start a debate. As I said I don't comment on every random fiction that I read I had liked Bittersweet once. My objection was simply about ASR's inability to comprehend Khushi's hurt and getting away easily with his faults and and Khushi's inability to choose her self respect over her love for him when its needed which makes her spineless eventually! I don't wish to continue this debate anymore because although you don't owe anyone explanation to anyone you don't have a right response for many of your critique's questions. If  people derive their own joy in seeing Khushi this way, I am no one to object it!  Carry one! 

aditiraher77 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jagrutid

“The dysfunctional”,  and the cliche characters were spotted then and still are but they work, it  makes for good drama why change something that works. Bitter sweet and lessons in love in particular got a lot of readership and also readers with a critical eye. In whichever way it was read , it was read. 

I will made it simple. In both stories Khushi simply feels like a doormat no matter how much you use her, hurt her, insult her she will be like a saint always so loving so forgiving so selfless who will always comeback and will put up with every crap but will never dare! Her stubbornness is no match to her Husband's pride  and doesn't make her strong in nay sense. If that gets readership fine with me! But its not for me! I said what I wished to say and I know there is no dearth of stories which I look for! I will go for it!

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

@aditiraher77 

Hey not had chance to read the above but will do later on thanks for posting your views here. Appreciate the time it takes. 

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditiraher77

Numbers don't matter and in this world there is a market for everything that sells! Majority isn't always right and in the end its all about individual likes. We live in a country where Kabir Singh was superhit whereas a movie like Thappad struggled to survive. I don't think anyone takes fan fictions seriously including me but I am happy to see that I am not the only one to let out my disliking. I was talking about few stories which I didn't like and not about your entire work and I believe one needs more sharp eyes to look through and not just below the surface what majority can't see which might make us uncomfortable. 

There is no fun in a story without drama but it can be created in million different ways without being stuck in the old patterns! I don't mind a male lead being a hot headed chauvinist, its his casualness towards his hurtful actions and the passive reaction of the female lead that makes me uneasy. The point isn't about making Khushi a replica of lady ASR but giving her sweet character spine and substance. I didn't mention kitchen scene of Season 1 because of its impact but because of Khushi's response to Arnav's question that made loose its impact. Letting out your honest feelings and hurt is needed and Ignoring or suppressing it  simply makes everything toxic in the long term. That's what happens in real life too and otherwise marriages won't fall apart. One can make things work  in writing anyway rather than simply stereotyping like Season 2 begins with Khushi saying sorry to Arnav for a wrong business deal and making huge losses when she was the CEO of AR in Arnav's absence. I don't think if it was the ASR who had made the wrong deal and made AR bankrupt would have changed anything in this story. He can be wrong too and Khushi can also be a successful CEO too without being ruthless and aggressive like so many real life businesswomen or female CEO's! That's why I feel such stories feel  it belongs to the Era gone by not the current times. Hard to relate! 

Having said this I am not here to carry out a dissection of your work and I don't have any intention to start a debate. As I said I don't comment on every random fiction that I read I had liked Bittersweet once. My objection was simply about ASR's inability to comprehend Khushi's hurt and getting away easily with his faults and and Khushi's inability to choose her self respect over her love for him when its needed which makes her spineless eventually! I don't wish to continue this debate anymore because although you don't owe anyone explanation to anyone you don't have a right response for many of your critique's questions. If  people derive their own joy in seeing Khushi this way, I am no one to object it!  Carry one! 

I’ve never said these characters are perfect.. so when you hold me to it i agree. Both of them could be better.

In all this I suppose I really appreciate one thing which Is the attachment the appreciation (which may no longer exist but once was) the time you gave to these two stories. So for that I will always continue to say thanks. 
Hopefully I’ll write something some day (unknown) to me at this time that will supersede the flaws in the characters you and others feel strongly about.

Hope you’re well - good to hear from you. All comments welcome always whether they are a critique or otherwise. 

Edited by jagrutid - 3 years ago
jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditiraher77

you don't have a right response for many of your critique's questions.
If  people derive their own joy in seeing Khushi this way, I am no one to object it!  Carry one! 

All else I’ll take lightly but not this ..i don’t see how any of my responses can be judged as right or wrong. You’re  all free to ask what you like I’m not judging what’s been asked so I don’t see why my responses are being judged.

Edited by jagrutid - 3 years ago
Arshiaddict_SI thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hello Jagrutid, i finished Bittersweet 1 in one go. It was an excellent story. Really enjoyed reading about couple . Now on to part 2 . The start is very interesting Please accept my friend request so that i can get notifications of updates. Thanks 

Arshiaddict_SI thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Finished reading all the chapters and waiting for more. Please update soon 👍🙂

jagrutid thumbnail

Thanks all I will come to continue this along with others over the next week or so.