Kangana to launch her production house in 2020

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Kangana Ranaut to launch production house: ‘Without me, Judgementall Hai Kya would have been a blockbuster’

Kangana Ranaut explains the economics behind her decision to take up small-budget projects and launch new talent under her production house that will be launched next year.

BOLLYWOOD Updated: Oct 16, 2019 10:52 ISTHT Correspondent

HT Correspondent

Hindustan Times, New Delhi

Almost a year after she turned director with Manikarnika, Kangana Ranaut will launch her production house in January 2019.Almost a year after she turned director with Manikarnika, Kangana Ranaut will launch her production house in January 2019.     

Actor Kangana Ranaut, who plans to launch her production house in January next year, has said she will focus on small-budget films as they will more likely turn out to be box office hits. She also announced that she won’t act in her production ventures and would rather provide the platform for new talent.

Kangana told Mid Day in an interview, “If JudgeMentall Hai Kya was made without me on a budget of Rs 10 crore, it would have been a blockbuster at Rs 40 crore. However, because it was made at nearly Rs 30 crore, it just about broke even. I want to [back] a few small films and see how that goes. Eventually, I may do something on a bigger level. We will also venture into digital entertainment.”

Also read: Pati Patni Aur Woh posters: Kartik Aaryan needs somebody to lean on and he’s found Bhumi Pednekar, Ananya Panday

“I won’t be acting in the films that I produce. There is a lot of talent around and I will hire actors who are perfect for the scripts. I will take new talent under my wing and guide them,” she added.

“My office will be ready by January. Simultaneously, we are readying our projects. There are so many good scripts that come my way and the [makers] want me to feature in them. But there is so much new talent that needs to be given a platform. It’s important that these powerful scripts don’t get lost and make it to the big screen,” Ranaut told the tabloid.

Last seen opposite Rajkummar Rao in Judgementall Hai Kya, Kangana has completed work on Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s Panga and is currently gearing up for the role of late actor-turned-politician J Jayalalithaa in a biopic on the former Tamil Nadu chief minister. After the biopic, titled Thalaivi, Kangana will work on her action film Dhaakad where she features in the lead role.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/kangana-ranaut-to-launch-production-house-without-me-judgementall-hai-kya-would-have-been-a-blockbuster/story-PR2vi9GQWXi65IvHLfGGDO.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YoWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Is she indirectly trying to say she took 20 crores for JHK 😆

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

SCAM ALERT

This just a new Money making scheme to take money from investors and to fish for good scripts SO it is a lie. This has also been in the works for a while. Look at the title of incorporation and who the officers of the production company are: If you believe the tale that she will not act in her own movies nor those whom she picks via nepotism, then you are hopeless. 

PEOPLE SHOULD READ BETWEEN THE LINES":  what she "produces" will be low budget and the leads will be hand picked by her.

ALL good scripts, ideas, writing that comes her way, will then be taken by her and produced by a big/or ghost production company starting Kangana!

There is no copyright on ideas. SHE WILL STEAL PEOPLES WORK & IDEAS, just like she stole Manikarnika! The court system is corrupt and she has political backing.

People hoping to get a chance at acting, thinking she will give "outsiders" a chance will be heartbroken. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

"I Am ThE hIgHeSt PaId AcTrEsS"

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Kangu is saying she has no starpower. If newcomers give the same business as kangu why waste 20cr for her?

I agree with you kangu🙋