Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka DT - Open to All

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Welcome everyone to the Discussion Thread for Yeh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka show.

Everyone is open to join. 

We can discuss the show here till we don't get a forum. Hoping we get this week.

Just follow the IF Rules and Code of Conduct.

-Madz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

im here :D

Madhura theres a thread to discuss this show on Nazar forum too...check it out. I think everyone is discussing in that thread.

Hallyumint thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for opening the DT episode was lovely  💕 

Madhura.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

im here :D

Madhura theres a thread to discuss this show on Nazar forum too...check it out. I think everyone is discussing in that thread.

Hina, am active in Nazar forum. We were having discussions about promos, but decided to open thread here as discussions will increase about episodes. We can't do it in Nazar forum, as it will be against rules, it was ok till promos.

Madhura.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hallyumint

Thanks for opening the DT episode was lovely  💕 

You are welcome Alisha! ❤️ Even I loved the episode.

magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Misses episode on Tv as i was out but watch it tomorrow in hotstar. 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Congratulations Madhura on official new thread of YJHJK 🥳

Nush_Rat thumbnail

The pilot episode seemed okay to me. 😊

Let’s talk about all the good stuff first.

First of all, amazing VFX. 👍🏼 In the promo, the Jinn didn’t make an impact on me but in the episode, it looked quite scary and mysterious. Atif is a master at his craft and he proved it again. 👏

Then acting – this show, at least from what I have seen today, in 1000 times better in this department than Nazar, starting from leads to supporting characters. Vikram brought out the intensity effectively while Aditi played her part well. I am glad she didn’t go overboard with chirpiness. Garima looked convincing as a prostitute while the grandma too was nice. I am glad all the characters are strong and the family is supportive of Aman. Also they acknowledge Aman's father wrongdoings which is great. 

Now the stuff that I didn’t like.

The narration of Jinn made no sense to me. I guess I could grasp the idea of Arabian Nights more as in that case the Jinn was trapped inside a lamp hence he had to fulfill wishes. But this deal striking looked exactly like Nazar (Mridul's alliance with Mohana). 

The second thing that caught my attention was the ML. He had an argument and destroyed the FL’s car. Like seriously? Frankly, I buy Beauty and The Beast only in a way when inner beauty is given preference over outer beauty. That definitely doesn’t include Gul’s typical abusive MLs. I really hope they build up Aman’s character nicely and do not portray him in this light.

My third observation is they are trying too hard. They told it wasn’t supernatural but fantasy – okay, no problem. But the buildings actually reminded me of Prince of Persia. The introduction of Roshni was like that of Cinderella. As if they are incorporating everything from classic Disney stories and Arabian Nights to tag it as fantasy but the story seems very much like Nazar. Only here they are using the modified formula – not too much of darkness, no unhealthy attachment between family members and more importantly no introduction of Dayan, Chudhails which screams Supernatural.

I might sound a bit harsh. But that’s my genuine reaction upon watching the pilot episode. Story-wise, I found it quite similar to Nazar. Only they have substituted the entities and used better, reformed idea that they had messed up there. The best thing about this show is the cast. Hope the makers make good use of them and stop trying too hard to prove it as a fantasy show. That way, it’ll only lose its charm. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago
Madhura.. thumbnail

Welcome magical and Nushy!

Nushy - Was waiting for your review, interesting one though am feeling you are too attached to Nazar, to find so many similarities. But yes, I agree a few are there, am okay till no copy paste is done, which I see in Precap if Aman's eyes turn blue, which is a trait of Nazar. So really think, that's not needed, they can explore something else.

Found the show fresh, light hearted and fun. Well focus is love story, which is evident with Disney feel. So they have blended many movies, Enchanted, Snow white, maybe beauty and beast. 

Best part, definitely the VFX, team needs a bow! Atif is brilliant, Jinn was a Star! Massive and dark aura was executed well. Dad's part was showed well. Cast did a great job, Aditi was better than I expected and did a fair job. Vikram is brilliant in potraying the minute details and smirk or tiny laugh when she said nankatai, voice modulation, bang on! Starting from convo with daadi, to find answers, restlessness to show concern for mom, to convo with Roshni though she didn't allow him to speak, defensive for his dad and warning her and sealing with Baazigar! Range of modulation is amazing!! It's great to see him back, amazing screen presence.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Nushy - Was waiting for your review, interesting one though am feeling you are too attached to Nazar, to find so many similarities. But yes, I agree a few are there, am okay till no copy paste is done, which I see in Precap if Aman's eyes turn blue, which is a trait of Nazar. So really think, that's not needed, they can explore something else.

The moment I posted, I knew you would say this. 😆 😆 😆 But you are right. I guess I am still too high on Nazar weed. Tried really hard not to mix up the shows but failed miserably.  

I found it similar plot-wise but they are focusing more on love story here which is great. 👍🏼

But I must admit, a lot of the cast members are also same. So it's a bit difficult. I mean I had an ear to ear smile when Smita's entry took place and screamed DIVYA AA GAYI!!! smiley39 

Similarities will always be there because every creative person has his own style. Atif being the director of both shows and Gul being the producer, similarities are bound to be there. I just hope they focus on the uniqueness more and definitely don't repeat the mistakes they did there.