It’s always the woman’s fault

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Isn’t it strange that when a man falls for a woman against his will he invariably blames the woman?

If a committed man has an affair then the other woman is blamed for attracting him, more than he is for straying. 

Or if he abandons his wife she is blamed for not being good enough to keep him by her side.

When Sage Vishwamitra was doing tapasya & faltered, Menaka got the blame ‘tapasya bhang kiya’.

Likewise when our devdas Rohit has tried to bury himself in his past but feels the desire to move on, blame Sona for... what? attracting him? demanding his attention? keeping him busy? coming in his thoughts? 

To blame the woman, even in a hasty thoughtless moment, is to cheapen her as if she had seduced him.

Edited by Bana - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with you, that dialogue in promo irked me also. I hope there is a good comeback from Sona. 

I really hope they introduce a parallel friend fro Sona - tired of tracks where unnecessary angst which becomes a drag fest. Of course knowing Sandip Sickand he mastered the art of dragging the rona dhona types. 

To expect equality from ITV is a big deal...frankly I do hope that this show in the post me too movement has enough sense to show subtle equality also. Just becos girl also has job does not make her automatically equal to the guy..,treatment also should be respectful from people around. 

For e.g. so far I really like that they show Rohit not being a hypocrite when it comes to his father

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

They better have Sona blast him and cut off all ties with immediate effect.

If this was real and I was in Sona's place, gawd I wudve ripped his head off. 

Shez an actress, famous, rich, much adored -- aisi bhi kya aafat ayi hai ki shez becoming a doormat n letting him walk all over her. She better not turn into one.

In real life:

If this is how a guy begins the relationship, then after marriage got knows how he will treat the woman.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago