Yasmin : Root of the problem

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Yezabel had created a similar post and I think we are in complete sync about Yasmin's role in this show. 

Noor said that Azaan was her and her mother's Arzoo, she wanted to marry Azaan since childhood, so this relationship with Azaan was never friendship from her side. 

But who told Noor that she will marry Azaan when she was a child? If Razia had decided that Azaan and Noor will marry when they were young then it would not have been a surprise for Azaan, he didn't know that his family is linking him with Noor, Azaan always saw Noor as a friend. 

Now with this information if I go back then Azaan's hugs and playful time he spent with Noor were sexual from Noor's side, friendship was never there from her side. It is a bit creepy because there are people who pretend to be friends and feel you up with every chance. 

Coming back to Yasmin, Razia told baba that she has selected Noor for Azaan and fixed their marriage on the day of Azaan's return, so she wasn't the one who made any promise to Yasmin when Noor was a child. 

Yasmin's actions with Shaira are good example of how she pressurized Razia into marrying Noor to Azaan by her constant drama worry for Noor. I re-watched the episode where she took promise from Shaira, her eagerness explained that she was waiting for a moment like this to indebt Shaira.

When Noor's marriage with Faiz was arranged, Noor and Yasmin had a conversation where Yasmin said that Azaan will be Noor's khair-khwah, a word Noor uses to describe Azaan even now. Why would a mother tell her daughter who is getting married that Shaira's husband is her protector? Why not her future husband? 

When she heard that Faiz is stuck, she didn't raise any alarm to protect him or get him out of the house, she ran to get the dupatta and gave it to Shaira. 

I think Razia made a huge mistake trusting Yasmin and we know that ShaZaan have made a huge mistake not seeing through Noor's real nature. 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yezabel thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Amen sister! 

You cant imagine my hatred towards Yasmeen! She is the source of all this nonsense. She started with manipulating the nawab family...but she trapped with this 'fake' kindness and loyalty just Razia and her son bc Suraiyya didnt like her and was avoiding her. Im not sure if Asgar had an opinion about them bc he was busy with making plans to snatch 'kingdom' from Razia. Once you said Yasmeen and Noor are leeches and yes you are so right! Yasmeen knew the capability of evilness of her daughter and she choosed Shayra for taking promise for 'happiness' of her incubating, she knew Azaan would never ever give up on his own happiness for satans bride Noor! I hate such manipulative people as Yasmeen 😡.

Edited by Yezabel - 4 years ago
joypallavi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Razia and yasmin relationship is very old from azaan and Noor childhood  we don't know how much ups and down faced by razia but her life is surely not very easy and suriya and asgar are always try to suppress  her. So if razia find a good friend in yasmin and found her trustworthy it is not her fault  and if yasmin is always faked her love and loyalty towards her and the she is surely noor's mother in the cunningness rest of your point are make sense yasmin has a huge role in all this crap.

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i have been thinking it since weeks that Shaira is new here and she is you're than her daughter first the wedding card burnt why she was crying to Shaira and why she gave the responsibility of her daughter to a new and younger than her daughter why not to a grown up ,mature and a familiar person. Nora i am reading the old wu as well because some of the points you can not catch up at the moment and why she through the dupatta towards Shaira not to Razia .

NoraSM thumbnail

Yezabel and Kooki - You both have valid points. Yasmin trapped Shaira because both Razia and Azaan had made it very clear that Azaan will marry Shaira. Nothing could have forced Azaan to marry Noor except Shaira and Razia would never hurt her son. Shaira is a young girl who never had a mother, Yasmin used it and indebted her. 

Joypallavi - Agree. Razia wasn't at fault, Yasmin was a shoulder to her when she needed to confide in someone and in return Yasmin raised a havoc which is breaking Razia's family 

kooki07 thumbnail

hi Nora sorry i am sorry i keep asking you and other forum members the favours . the thing is i have not watched the bahu begum from the beginning because you are all talking about it from the start of it would i catch it from the you tube or an other site please. one more thing which is disturbing me shaira is repeating the farz does she not know in islam after the marriage women first farz is towards her husband not noor or yasmeen. why they are showing shaira so dumb to make noor right?

jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Read all of your posts and now I am also thinking may be Yasmin was th root of all problem. Although before reading your posts I never thought she could be a cunning woman. She looked like a motherly woman to me. Although Shaira's over love for her was kind of irritating to me. What did Yasmin do for Shaira that she is doing so many things for a girl like Noor, who is here to snatch everything from her. Yes ! I find her over goodyness very annoying. I mean how can a girl be so stupid to donate everything to a wretched girl like Noor?

Now now another question is coming in my mind. Is Noor's mother really dead or pretended? As her death sequence is still look like a drama and Noor's action is also looking like fake. Which girl can do a sauda on mother's death. May be Yasmin is not dead.

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooki07

hi Nora sorry i am sorry i keep asking you and other forum members the favours . the thing is i have not watched the bahu begum from the beginning because you are all talking about it from the start of it would i catch it from the you tube or an other site please. one more thing which is disturbing me shaira is repeating the farz does she not know in islam after the marriage women first farz is towards her husband not noor or yasmeen. why they are showing shaira so dumb to make noor right?

I actually wondered/discussed this too. I've come to the conclusion that: 

1) Writers of this show don't know Islamic marriages well enough to understand what farz is for real married muslim women.  

2) Shaira is so weighed down by her own guilt that it's clouding her judgement and original reasoning skills (which showed she was knowledgeable in Islam, being Muslim etc. If you think back to her first scene with Noor).  She can't get past her role in Yasmeen's death, ergo she needs to fulfill her promise to Yasmeen, even if it goes against her own husband's wishes. 

The old guy - idk what people call him - he did talk about farz but to be quite honest, I still didn't get it. I think the crux of the issue is the people who are writing this show aren't knowledgeable enough in these things to understand the order of farz for a practicing Muslim married woman.  (Keyword : practicing. Because often, only practicing muslims implement/care about these things and they've established well enough that Shaira is practicing)

This is one of my sore points with this show. I'm a practicing Muslim, and while I do not judge others and judge characters because they are different to me - I enjoy stories about all different types of people -  I dislike when shows use religion without knowing what it's really about.  Just leave religion out of it. It's not needed to tell this story.  Or at least if you're going to use it, do it right. Ishq Subhanallah does a better job of weaving the characters' identity as a practicing Muslim into the story.  Bepannah had Muslim characters too, but didn't use their religion to prop their story. 

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I really think this show could benefit from flashback scenes so that the audience could understand what the dynamic between Razia - Yasmeen, Azaan -Noor was really like.  There's a lack of a concrete backstory in this drama right now and I feel like its contributing to why we're all second guessing if Yasmeen was ever a good person or was she in it for $$$ and her daughter's future. We just don't know enough of their past, so we now have to go back and reanalyze what was shown to us. And I agree,  Yasmeen's actions and the promise she took from Shaira were really sketch when you look at her actions in hindsight.  But, are the writers really that clever? 

I'm torn to be honest. I don't know if I consider Yasmeen that clever to be that manipulative that she sought out to do all of this.  For me it feels like she truly did want to be there for Razia, but maybe she accepted that role more because she knew it would benefit her and her daughter in the long run to be in the favor of the Bahu Begum. 

Is it wrong to want to have a good relationship with someone so powerful and wealthy? She really just did an awesome job at networking. ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ I wish my best friend was 'royalty'. ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£  

It doesn't make her the best person in my book, but a lot of people are opportunistic people, idk if i'd consider her purposefully manipulative though.  Was it really her pressuring Razia for Azaan, or was it just her suggestion/desire and Razia, out of guilt and gratitude, agreed? Wouldn't anyone do things out of guilt and gratitude for their friends? 

Because, before Shaira was in the picture, it wasn't a horrible idea for Noor and Azaan to marry. Isn't it natural to think that two people who are best friends growing up would make a good couple as adults? It's not like Azaan was gone for 15 years at boarding school.  (lets ignore that the moms never sought Azaan's consent, etc, IMO the idea itself is still a valid idea) 

Even if Noor from a young age thought she'd marry Azaan, was it really because of her mom (did I miss something that was shown?) or because it's the only guy in her vicinity and she had always wanted to be bahu begum (Which young girl wouldn't want to be?). 

I know Noor is in vamp territory right now, and I'm not excusing her, but idk if I believe that she considered those hugs (back when she was " good ")  to be sexual etc. It could be that she had a lowkey crush on Azaan. Who wouldn't? He's hot, rich, smart, nice to her, adores her, she's comfortable with him, etc. So if she always harbored some sort of feelings for him, any physical interaction would mean something to her probably, but that doesn't mean it was always of a sexual nature. Did they show something that I just completely missed? I admit I have yet to watch this weeks episodes. 

That being said, I still don't think it was right of Yasmeen to ask Shaira of all people to watch out for Noor. Why didn't she just ask Azaan or Razia that? Why would she actually make Shaira promise her? What good is Shaira's promise, she's essentially the girl that "stole" (from Yasmeen & Noor POV) her daughter's intended fiance. And NOOR IS LEAVING THAT HOUSE, how was Shaira supposed to look after her!??!?!  

In conclusion though, I definitely agree - Yasmeen is the root of ALL the problems.  

She: 

1) asked (assumption) for Azaan for Noor without knowing about Azaan's personal life. 

2) asked a young woman on the brink of marriage herself to watch out for her almost married daughter even though said daughter would be moving out of the house. 

3) ran into a burning building willingly for a piece of cloth (we all know how I feel about this)

4) ran into a burning building for a cloth (i'm writing it twice because this action was THAT absurd and dumb for me) THAT SHE COULD HAVE MADE AND BLESSED AGAIN. 

5) never actually raised her daughter right (clearly). 

Sorry if this was kind of rant-y. I have a lot of feelings about Yasmeen and her character's impact on the story, even though she's been dead for weeks now. ðŸ¤£

Edited by fria319 - 4 years ago
kooki07 thumbnail

freia some thaughts have been haunting me as well ,as Nora explained it that Razia have been busy in her work and responsiblties of Bhopal so it was Yasmeen who was looking after the kids . Yasmeen never braught her daughter up like a servants kid , she have been brought up like a princess and to be the next bahu begum . Razia s own kids are not spoiled if they have been brought up with the same lady. that's why i wanted to watch it from the beginning or they have to show some flash backs.