Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Seera_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

ThIs is so cool! Love the way Bajaj is set up.. a royalty with past baggage! 

Already waiting for the next part! 

Grey-licious thumbnail

Oopsiii doopsii 

Will unres after reading 😳

Grey-licious thumbnail

Edited my comment page 1

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

looking forward to reading this story

update soon

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

very nice beginning...the story has already intrigued me...please do continue soon...

Eternized_Blues thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Seera_

ThIs is so cool! Love the way Bajaj is set up.. a royalty with past baggage! 

Already waiting for the next part! 

Thanks a bunch seera. Baggage is the word alright 👍

Originally posted by: Javeria3991

looking forward to reading this story

update soon

Thanks a lot for your reply. Update coming up

So how many sunday's till that laptop?

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

Blue 🤗

Sorry for the late Comment....was busy in Ganpati Festival.

Aww it's a royal story ....I love reading stories on royal bg

Seven years ago he did not have time for love and then his love was no where to be found. It was like she and her family just vanished into thin air. At times he thought that she was just figment of his imagination.

These lines are saying it all ..so RB has a past....and I think that girl is Prerna..and she along with her family just vanished but why ..and I don't think anyone is aware of it after reading this line" At times he thought that she was just figment of his imagination."

Even After being a royalty he had suffered alot  coz of his uncle

Intrigue to read more

Do update soon

Kriti🤗

That girl is definitely Prerna. Believe me they all know. More information will be delivered in the next part.

Chapter 2

Rishabh really hated the Mumbai traffic. If he did not love his siblings as much as he did, he would never make this horrendous drive from the Mumbai Airport to Ahil’s restaurant in Malabar Hill to what the twins liked to call “ The Bajaj Sibling Convergence Session.” All his siblings loved to call Mumbai their home, Ruhi ran her clothing line from here, Arya ran a successful production house for movies and digital content and Ahil, though he had many restaurants all over India, Veena’s Kitchen was his first venture. His brother was happiest here. So he always ends up accommodating his siblings and comes to Mumbai from Bangalore, where his Indian headquarters are.

So he sat in the VIP section with his siblings, glass of aged whisky in his hand, discussing the most important topic of the night, his coronation. 

“What are you wearing?”Ruhi asked.

“Who is managing the event?” Ahil asked.

“You have to ask Maa about the details. Only thing I am required to do as Maa so aptly put was to show up on time,” Rishabh replied. “You do not have anything to ask?” He asked Arya who had been quiet mostly ever since he showed up.

“Are you really going to have a coronation without them Bhai?” Arya simply asked though the accusation in his eyes could not be missed.

Ofcourse, Arya would ask this from him. Ruhi was her best friend but the twins shared a bond with her that he was jealous of. If they had a problem they always went to her first. She was their hero, anchor and defender. His one mistake had also cost them their best champion.

“You know I had my reasons but you both have always taken her side. I understand now that I should have handled things differently but still it takes two to clap,” Rishabh said looking at his brothers. “She is important to you all, I understand that and respect that but she is simply my life. It was not easy for me either” Rishabh replied. “They will be with us on this coronation, I promise you Arya. I will not become king if she is not beside me. You have my word.” Rishabh said.

“We love you as well Bhai,” Arya said content with his brother’s answer. Hell or high water when Rishab Samay Bajaj promised something, he delivered. His brother needed her, so if he has to make him angry to accomplish that, so be it.

Kalyani sat in her favorite spot in the palace, the balcony of the bedroom she had shared with her husband. It had been a long journey to get back here. This view of the palace garden and then the sand dunes beyond the walls always used to give her comfort. But ever since they have been back this view had been taunting her.It has been a month since the auction and they all moved into within a week after it. She inhaled deeply to breathe in the comfort of this air because even though she had finally achieved what she had aimed to when her husband was killed, this victory did not give her the contentment she thought it will. This hollowness inside her just refused to go away. She needed her best friend Veena to be here in her presumptuous good times when she had been her rock in her definite bad times.

Her kids would not be here if it were not for Veena. In the beginning when she was too busy to make ends meet, put a roof over their heads and food on the table it was Veena who had given them emotional safety. She was an equal contributor in their success as her. When she moved to Delhi money was scarce and she was faced with the impossible choice of putting food on the table or sending her kids to school .It had been Veena who had taken that burden off her shoulders and home schooled them. Her kids get their determination and ruthlessness from her but their humility and humanity comes from Veena. Kalyani always said that she was the nature and Veena was the nurture. 

Veena had loved them as her kids. She built on their strengths and worked on their weaknesses along with giving them a conventional education. Kalyani still remembered that fateful Christmas. It was after three years they had moved to Delhi.

Veena had saved for a whole year to get gifts for all her six kids. But Kalyani had insisted that she will buy Prerna's gift this Christmas. That girl had a way of sneaking into you heart and she had cleverly taken a corner in Kalyani’s heart. All the kids had gathered in the Sharma living room under the tree to receive their gifts.

“Okay now to be fair and decide who will get to open their gift first I have written your names on the paper slips and put them in this bowl,” Veena explained pointing at the bowl on the coffee table, “Dadi will pick up the slip and read the name and that child will come and open their gift, All clear!”

Shivani was the first one to go and had received a doll she had been requesting for 3 months, Ahil went next and to his utter delightment opened a cookware set, then Arya got a still camera and Ruhi received her first sewing machine. Then came Rishabh's turn who was standing next to his mom apart from all the kids with a scowl on his face. He had received his first calculator that day and girls had doubled with laughter to see the happiness on his face.

“A calculator gets a calculator, oh the irony, dear universe!” Prerna had said making Rishabh scowl a little more but even at that time he was a businessman when Prerna opened her anklets a minute later he returned that comment with interest, “A cat finally got a bell on her, Oh the justice, Thank you dear universe” and walked out of the room smiling like a boss.

Rishabh entered the balcony to see his mother smiling whimsically looking onto the gardens, “That is a smile have not seen on you in a very long time.”

Kalyani turned to see her son standing in the balcony door dressed in one of his master of the universe suits. She gestured to the chair next to her inviting him to sit, “I was remembering the day you got your first calculator.”

Rishabh laughed at the memory while sitting down, “You know Ma I still have that calculator Veena Ma gave me. It travels with me wherever I go as her blessing.” He sighed, “I miss them too Ma.”

“Then why don't you find them Rishabh,” Kalyani pleaded.

“I have tried Ma. I have been actually trying to find them for the last two years to absolute no avail. Don't forget it was Samar Sa who helped them and we both know how good he is.” Rishabh replied.

“Maybe you haven’t asked the right questions and said the right things Rishabh?”Kalyani said. Samar Singh was nothing if he was not loyal. She would know that better than anyone. There was nothing he would not do for this royal family but he understood something that her son had yet to learn, the power of timing.  

And with that great sense of time man of the conversation Sir Samar Singh ji knocked on the door, a folder in hand asking for permission to come in. “You never have to ask for permission Kaka sa,” Rishabh said as Samar Singh walked in.

“In your office, yes I don't need permission but this is my place of duty and honour.” Samar Singh replied smiling to Rishabh as he handed a folder to Kalyani “I think it's time you had this discussion with  Rishabh, Rani Sa. Already a lot of royal families have sent their proposals. It will be rude to make them wait any longer. And I think there are some good prospects here that would really suit Rishabh. I have marked them for you in this folder.” Kalyani smiled knowingly at Samar Singh’s straight blank face.

Kalyani silently prayed to the god for strength for  what she was about to do. “Rishabh, I think it's time you started thinking about marriage. In the past two weeks we have received marriage proposals of daughters of various royal and prominent business families.”

Marriage. Rishabh felt his mind go numb at his mother’s words. Marriage. What in the world, “ Marri... Umm..What?...Marriage...Mum Me?” Rishabh stuttered not being able to form complete words due to utter shock. 

“Yes Rishabh. Marriage. You.” Kalyani repeated emphasizing every single word, “ You are the Crown Prince and believe it or not, even in this day and age one of the most prominent duties of a Crown Prince is to marry and produce an heir.” Kalyani handed the folder to Rishabh, “Samar Singh Ji have earmarked some good matches for you, take a look at them and see if you like someone and we will arrange a meeting.”

What absolute ridiculousness! Rishabh thought taking the folder from his mother in a daze while looking at Samar Singh, “You earmarked...,” Rishabh took a deep breath to maintain his composure as his shock quickly turned into rage, “You earmarked some prospective brides for me?”

“Yes Kunwar Sa. There are some really impressive young ladies in that folder that will suit you and this royalty very well.” Samar Singh sincerely not giving Rishabh an inch.

“And what makes you think that you know what suits me?” He asked Samar Singh before turning to his mother, “Ma I think you should just concentrate on Ruhi’s wedding because I have no intention of marrying any of these girls. And I hope this is the last time we are discussing this topic.” Rishabh slammed the folder on the table before leaving the room. Had he turned back he would have noticed the cheshire grins on both his mother and Samar Singh ji’s face.

“You do have an excellent sense of timing Samar Singh ji.”Kalyani said chuckling.

“Well I was tired of his half hearted methods to find them. Something had to be done.” Samar Singh replied.

“Then why don't you just tell us where they are?” Ishwari asked puzzled.

“Because Prerna said she will only take my help if I promised never to say anything to your family. It was the only way to keep them safe. I can not break my promise to her but that does not mean that I can not give Kunwar Sa a much needed push. His tardiness when it came to finding them was getting on my nerves.” Samar Singh explained.

“Tardiness, now that is a word I thought that will never be associated with my Rishabh. Are you trying to say that Rishabh’s effort for them had been half hearted?” Kalyani asked little offended.

“Not half hearted Rani Sa but held back,” Samar Singh explained. “There is nothing Kunwar Sa can’t achieve if he puts his mind to it. I think he is scared of coming face to face with Prerna. I had told Kunwar sa the first time he asked me about them two years ago that I can not give him their location but I will also not stand in his way. He had been so close at times and he had just ignored to act.” Samar Singh said, “Something big happened years ago and I hope Kunwar sa is not too late to fix things.”

On the highway to Airport from Veergarh

BOOM!!!

That evening, 1700 Kms away in  Darjeeling,West Bengal, India

“Breaking news, the business magnate and the Royal Prince of Veergarh Rishabh Samay Bajaj had been admitted to the hospital following an attack on his life. His car blew up on the way to the airport. No statements have been issued regarding his condition. We will keep you updated as the incidents of this blast keep unfolding. Stay tuned.”

Veenastilled in the process of serving  Shivani dinner. There was pin drop silence in the Sharma house as the news played on television. And then all their eyes turned to Prerna who seemed to have gone white as a sheet, her eyes glued to the television.

He was hurt. That was only thought that filled her mind. She felt her body go numb in pain and fear for him. Then she did something she had been doing everyday in last eight years, she cursed Rishabh Samay Bajaj for still having her heart even after all the pain he had given her.

Here goes another one. Let me know if this needs to be continued. Chappals are welcome.

Thanks a lot for all the love you guys have shown this story. 

Blues

Edited by Eternized_Blues - 4 years ago