PreRish OS : Teri Ore

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

PreRish OS : Teri Ore 

This is post courtroom drama, reflects the changing  dynamics between them.

Upon hearing the testimony of the said victim, Mr.Rishab Bajaj, The Judge, rules the verdict in favor of Mrs.Veena Sharma , there by acquitting her of attempt to murder charges levied against her by the complainant Mrs.Sharada, Rishab Bajaj's maasi.

The Sharma family is elated with tears of relief, Veena maa joins her hand in gratitude, "I may not like you, I may hate you, I may not accept you as my damaad,  but trust me, I haven't done this and I would never harm anyone physically or otherwise, meri bachchon ki kasam, aur aapka iss ehsaan ko hum zindagi bhar nahin bhoolenge, dhanyavaad"   her emotions wrapped in few words, some in defense while some in gratitude for his favors,  while he  joins his hands, in regret and remorse, nods at her in negative, requesting her not to thank him, she leaves before he could get words for his pent up emotions.. ..  

he is left with stoic expressions, hiding the poignancy like a pro,  though faltering, while, his wife, was able to decipher his thoughts and expressions now. 

However, her brother Shekhar thanks him for his help and wishes him speedy recovery. Shivani nods in gratitude, which he acknowledges. 

His hand involuntarily moves to his forehead, reacting to the pain that is creeping in gradually  as the next dosage of pain medication is due now, holding his arm "aap teek ho " she asks with her tone etched  in concern and worry. 

His eyes fixed on her hand, holding his arm, surprised with her unexpected gesture , his stare, doesn't garner the expected reaction from her this time,  instead , "aap chaliye .. we need to see the doctor now " she says in a reprimanding tone

"It's ok Mrs.Bajaj, I am fine, you look tired,  please go home, I will go with Mehra" he gently slides his arm out of her pull, while she stares at her empty hand .. 

"Mr.Mehra... how will he take you .. . I am coming with you ..." he succumbs to her stern words. 

On the way to the hospital ... tranquility fills their space, neither says a thing, though each is stocked up with a gamut of emotions within  . 

" I didn't expect things to turn out this bad, for her and her family, my intent was to help them, for her"

his thoughts linger around in guilt 

"I want to thank you for what all you did and apologize for what I have said .." her restless inner self 

Few minutes later they are at the hospital, he is given his next dosage of pain medication,  while he gazes across the room, where she is taking all instructions and notes from the doctor in all earnestness . She signs the discharge papers, coming near him, holds his arm, yet again,  which he tries to pull away, but her grip, this time around , is little firm , more like determined, for reasons known to her and unknown to him .

how can she be so normal and not mad at me for putting her mother through a great ordeal of affliction and agony, where in, I have invited her to the party, my maasi filed the case , putting her mother  in  jail and her family through distress . she should have left me and my daughter by now , yet she is here with me, caring err sympathizing with me and showing her compassionate side in contrast to her rude, harsh words, the outcome of her misunderstandings and her lack of trust in me ...  he snaps out of those guilt ridden thoughts , as his head hurts further 

Why is he so indifferent to me, it's coming across as border line rude, while I am trying to help him, care for him and be with him.." ...  , 
her inner self is hurt and on verge of rage for he is ignoring her gestures for reasons unknown to her .

pondering on Veena maa's words, he is  upset, for his maasi's senseless action and for him not being around when they needed him the most, when she needed him the most . 

recollecting Mr.Vyas's words and his words in court, she is overwhelmed with gratitude, humility and pride for him.

"I have a lot to tell her, clarifications, explanations and an apology  ...  " his inner voice

"Why is he not sparing even a glance like before,  something is not fitting , is it due to medication or is it something else" her inner self ponders 

stealing glances at each other, reading the unsaid words between they, they finally reach the Basu Bari, Prerna goes to his side of the car,  holds his hand  when he steps out, he gazes at her , her words falls on his deaf ears "I am fine, i can manage", he pulls out his arm from hers.  this is the 3rd time in a row, where he pulled his arm out of her hers,  which causes an unknown, unsaid distress in her, which could be  for his rejection or for the unknown reason for his aloofness  

"Mr.Mehra, Not until a week, Mr.Bajaj is not coming to work for a week, please handle all the work in his absence ", she requests him in a stern tone, after taking, or rather snatching his phone when he  was scheduling his important meeting tomorrow in the A.M.  Her tone garners envious eyeballs from across the living room, some from the Basu family some from their own family, while he frowns at her for her unexpected unruly attitude. 

In their room, he is conscious of his wife's concern and care, owing to her empathetic self , which is overwhelming for him, who is restless to fix everything, getting Veena out was his duty, but that's not an honor or respect for her, he needs to do something more to overcompensate his flaw and his remorse . 

She brings him a bowl of kichdi, he straightens up on the bed,  "nahin aap rehne dijiye, main khudh khaloonga...." he says taking the spoon from her hand, who offers to feed him.
 "aap jaakar lunch  kijiye .. aur thoda araam  kijiye , before kuki comes back from school" , he obliquely tells her to leave him alone.  

"so it's all about Kuki .. " her inner self ponders .. 

she rushes back to him from the door, on hearing him choke on his food.. he sips water, from the glass she held for him,  rubs his back .. "aap teek ho na.. isiliye I wanted to feed you" he is moved with her  panic laced angry words, but subsets those gestures in sympathy . 

"I am fine .. main teek hoon " , looks at her hand still on his back ...she slides her hand off his back, "thank you, I will be fine" indirectly asking her to go. 

She looks away to withhold , her pooled eyes. His indifference and an attempt to display aloofness, twitches her. 

A part of him seeks  her caring side, but the other is pushing her away, he can't let her near, for she is empathetic to anyone and everyone who is hurt or in distress , he cannot exploit her empathy because of his current state.

mechanically , she gives him medicines after lunch, her eyes gauging the reason for  his aloofness

Kuki comes back from school and rushes  to her dad and cuddles him and they shower kisses on each other, while her heart swells, seeing them both .. "but where do you stand, just a mother or his wife as well ", she squashes her inner pondering voice. 

tranquility takes center stage even at dinner, when she tries to feed him , he gently refuses yet again, her concern is encountered with his indifference, her worry meets his aloofness every single time. 

he moves her hand, away from his forehead, when she tries to change the bandage "It's ok aap rehene dijiye I will do it " his firm words are countered by her " yeah I know aap sab kuch kar sakte, after all you are Rishab Bajaj.....", taunting him she starts unwrapping the bandage, cleaning the affected area and rewrapping it freshly... while his gaze was fixed on her, trying to gauge her expressions, neither she has accused him nor blamed him for her mother's distress all along, without any clarification from his side. 

"it's done, aap sojaaye Good Night " she moves away from him. 

He offers to sleep on his couch, which she adamantly refuses and asks him to sleep on bed and she would take the couch, "No , you cannot sleep on the couch in this situation, it affects your back" , his words of concern countered with her "aap so jaayiye, I will go to Kukki's room" , she awaits on the couch for him to fall asleep 

"I cannot let her peep into the dark lanes, of my heart which I have caged long back" 
he resolves to be firm , but he needs to talk to her , to apologize to her, to let go off his burden, not just of him being the reason for the distress to her mother but her sympathetic care towards him, whom she hates the most, slowly he drifts into sleep 

"One moment is what I need, to talk to him, to apologize to him and to thank him, but his indifference twitches " her inner thoughts wander while flipping through the magazine.. unable to sleep on the couch or leave him alone, she makes her way to the other side of the bed sleeps next to him, intermittently checking on him through the night 

Scroll down plz .. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

He wakes up with a bemused expression, when he sights  her lying on the other side of the bed, without disturbing her makes his way to the restroom for freshen up . 

In the living room of Basu Bari,  "Mr.Mehra, when I said Mr.Bajaj is not coming to work, doesn't mean you get work to him " her firm voice fills the air, "Par ma'am" , she cuts short Mr.Mehra's words with "I understand he owns this business, but doesn't mean he cannot fall sick or he cannot rest," the team looks down, while her tone rises fetching few envious looks from the other members of Basu Bari. 

"Mrs.Bajaj", she turns to see him descend the stairs in his classic pin stripe suit, she rushes to the stairs, "Mrs,Bajaj I have called them for a meeting.." his firm words overruling her's, evokes a borderline rage reflected in her glare..  without a word she storms up the stairs, while he looks back at her retracting form, before stepping ahead for the meeting.

"Who am I even to talk to him or say anything on his behalf, he just got me as his daughter's mother, and my every gesture for him is countered with his apathy " exasperated her, mutters under her breath.

He comes back couple of hours later , "Mr.Bajaj I need to talk to you " standing in front of him, "yeah " he asks her to go ahead.. "woh I want to .... maa ke baare mein ..." , "can we talk later, I have something very important to deal with", he cuts short her, realizing what it is and where it leads to . 

the soreness brims in her eyes, she feels suffocated and restless, not finding one minute to talk to him and added to his indifference and aloofness coupled with his collateral stay away from me attitude. 

She opens the door to leave..."Mrs.Bajaj please shut the door behind", he requests her . "I would appreciate if you call me Prerna, as I have no rights as Mrs.Bajaj, but to take care of Kuki", her firm words, before storming out of the room. He understands her, but he needs time to talk to her, before that he has some sorting  to do.  

@Night, Prerna, standing by the window in their room, staring at the moon .. her eyes brim as a result of a havoc with in her due to her new unvoiced emotions 

few hours before, late in the afternoon, "Inspector , here"  he hands over the proof, photographs and video clippings in a usb, to the Inspector who came with an arrest warrant for Mrs.Sharada, his mausi, in Sharma house where he comes with Prerna and maasi on the pretext of an important work at an undisclosed location . 

Prerna, mausi and the Sharma family are rooted in utmost disbelief, Maasi's attempts to twist or defend herself are stopped with his "Maasi ... " with  a stern glare , He further requests Inspector to have few minutes and asks Maasi to apologize to Veena maa, Sharma family and to Prerna, while she initially refuses , still seeks apologies from Veena maa, Sharma family and Prerna with nothing but infuriated rage and hatred in her eyes, the  inspector leads her out with hand cuffs.

Standing  before Veena maa, his head bent, his hands joined in reverence, "mujhe maafi maangne ka haq nahin hain ...main jaanta hoon, aap mujhe pasand nahin karti, shaayad mujhse nafrat karti hain, mujhe apni damaad nahin maante, par please aap meri wajah se apni beti se naraaz math rehena, woh aapke bina adhuri hai , please usse apna lijiye , agar ho sakte toh mujhe maaf kar dijiye meri maasi ke kaaran aap ko ... " he opens his heart out before her, every pair of eyes in the room are brimmed, including his own . Prerna is fazed with never ending tears down her cheeks, his each word  is now etched in her .. She is too stunned to contemplate or comprehend a thing 

Veena maa warps her hands around his hands, with tears in her eyes nods in negate, she has no words for him right now, except the affectionate glances laced with gratitude.

"Meri maa ki aakrosh aur dard ne mujhe iss hadh thak badal diya ki main pehle jaise kabhi na ban sakta ... aur main nahin chaahta ki aapki aakrosh aur dard se Prerna badal jaaye, aap please usse maaf karke apnaa lijiye, main apni, main apni poori zindagi maa ke bina guzaara hain, aur iss dard ka mujhe ehsaas hain .. aur main nahin chaahta ki Prerna iss dard se guzre " his ardent, heartfelt  pleads and requests melt every heart and tear up everyone including Suman's

Prerna is almost frozen to comprehend or react, just her tears roll down unceasingly , even before Veena maa could react he turns around to leave the place "Prerna you can stay back if you want to ..."

"Mr.Bajaj" , Veena's words stop him in his track, he turns to face her

"I don't know why my daughter agreed to marry you leaving the boy whom she loved more than her life, I am not sure if you are the right person to be her husband, I am not sure what this marriage has in store for you both , more so for my Priyu..par aaj aap ne jo bhi kiya aur kahaa, iss ehsaan aur ehsaas ko hum hamesha yaadh rakhenge aur abhaar rahenge"   Veena holds Bajaj by his shoulders, with affection and warm regards 

" aur hamare yahaan damaad bete jaise hota hain, aap please maafi maang karr humein aur sharminda na karein" Veena maa's words seem like a manipulation of his mind, before he is convinced of what he heard..  Shekar comes and thanks him so does shivani, Veena hugs Prerna and cries, Prerna cries on her mother's shoulders, joined by Shivani, Shekar and Suman in a group hug, while he is gazing at them, and their happy family reunion, his overwhelming emotions are reflected in his brimmed  eyes. 

He walks into their room, the squeak sound of the door brings her out of her trance, but not ready to face him, still gazes at the moon. 

"Prerna", his Prerna in that tone which she last heard in Kuki's birthday party , her brimmed eyes , with few tears down her cheeks, turned towards him, which tugs his heart .

"Are you okay " he inquires, she wipes her tear strained face and nods in yes, but words fall short when she has paramount to speak 

"Woh aapne ,. jo meri maa , ke liye .." she stammers through her tears as if she might break down any moment ... he holds her by her lean shoulders  "please.. please don't " he hushes her , she stares into his eyes with new feelings of affection and regards and a sense of pride and gratitude etched in apology, regret and remorse for misunderstanding him 

"I have always misunderstood you and never tried to understand that you could be right as well .." the innocence etched in tears tug him .. .."aap please... "  he gently wipes her tears asking her not to cry .

He asks if she has anything to ask , "you said you are approachable and I should learn to ask you questions, toh when I asked in the noon, why didn't you answer me, you said you are busy ,.. how is that being approachable" , this innocence of his wife flips his heart 

He makes her sit on the bed... "sorry,  I was having a call with the commissioner then,  to report about maasi and at that point of time, I had no intention of facing any of your questions until I made up to you "  , his honest words countered with her gaze in tranquility . 

"And why did you not let me feed you or change your bandage or help you or hold you arm " again poses an innocent query for which he doesn't want to explain, but leaving without an explanation  means , he will have to answer it even if it's  20 years down the lane... he smiles at that thought ... her confusion at his smile is countered .. "that's nothing , no one has done anything like that for me and I didn't know how to react or respond to the care you were showing out of sympathy " he honestly confessed , "sympathy " she stands up ..."that's my willingness and not sympathy ... but if only you can ever understand !" her naive yet snobbish attitude allures  him. 

"Good Night Mrs.Bajaj " , he stresses it ... "It's Prerna" she retorts ... "Okay Mrs.Bajaj " his tease 
she smiles within, but mocks anger "Thank you for everything", her gentle words, before she goes to sleep, while he sleeps on the other side of the bed . "Thank you" he says " for being part of my life" adds his inner voice 

________________THE END______________________

Edited by munnihyderabad - 4 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

रिश्ता नया रब्बा

दिल छू रहा है

खींचे मुझे कोई डोर तेरी ओर...

Edited by -RD- - 4 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -RD-

रिश्ता नया रब्बा

दिल छू रहा है

खींचे मुझे कोई डोर तेरी ओर...

RDi ji

Yea bhool gayi ap

komlika thumbnail

Beautiful ❤️

Thank you 🤗

sneha_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What an amazing OS. Beautifully expressed everyone’s feeling.

Rishabh and Prerna two different perspectives about the same incident.

What a way to handle the situation, Rishabh did that with such a ease.

Keep writing 

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

I am here..Pukka commenting soon..😎

TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

It was just wow. Too good👏

Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Prerna and Rishabh"s inner voice at the other's behaviour was so well put and obviouslyit was the way it should be. She knows he doesn't he can't let her near because of her sympathy get used to it and then go back to the way things were it would hurt more.

Maasi behind bars wo bhi in front of people she hates the most Loved Rishabh for it. His and his sasuma's am ire maafinama dil ko touch kar gaya

Finally they talk and things get cleared.

Loved it.

esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I can't believe I missed this beauty....wonderful OS....bilkul baarish mein rainbow ki tarah...mazaa aagaya Munni ji....hats off to you and your writings👏