To Fresh Beginnings // Hanita OS

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So I tried rewriting the Jhumke and Apology scene from last week. Canon Divergence, as Gur called it. As always, criticism is welcome and greatly appreciated. Hope you like it!

TO FRESH BEGINNINGS

Hanuman picked up the earrings Babita had taken off and put on the table. Followed her into the bedroom, utterly puzzled when she turned away, refused to even look at him.

"Jhumke utaar kyu diye aapne? Aapko achhe na lage ke?"
"Achhe toh lage, lekin unhe pehen nahi sakti main."
"Ji, aise kyu?"
"Woh jhumke, or aapko dekhke uss din aapne jo mujhse kaha tha woh yaad aa gaya. Ki maine apni maryada todi hai. Or main sachme uss din ke baare me bikul sochna nahi chahti."
"Itna bura laga aapko mhari baat ka? Ki maine bheje huye yo jhumke hi utaar diye? Ki aap mhari ore dekh bhi na sakti? Aapko toh sab pata hai, ki maine aapko woh sab kyu bola tha."

Babita turned around to face him. Tried to blink, force away her tears. But the tears were stubborn too, they rolled down her face anyway.

"Jaanti hu. Aapke haalat, aapke iraade, sab samajhti bhi hu. Lekin itni aasani se bhula bhi toh nahi sakti na unn baaton ko. Baar baar mere mann me bas wohi shabd goonjte rehte hai."

Hanuman stepped closer to her. Gently cupped her cheek and wiped away a tear with his thumb. Heard her gasp slightly at his touch. He had known that his words would greatly hurt Babita but he said them anyway. Whatever his intentions had been then, retrospectively, he understood that he had been unnecessarily harsh on the mother-daughter, especially Babita. Now there was only one thing he could do. He hoped his words sounded just as sincere as he felt.

"Manne na pata tha ki aapko mhari baatein itni sataa rahi hai. Ib pata chal gaya hai toh tahe dil se maafi maangta hu aapse. Woh angrezi me ke kehte hai, from the bottom of my heart. Maaf kar dijiye, please. Aap kaho toh haath jodke maafi maangta-"
"Nahi, yeh kya keh rahe hai aap?!"

Babita put her hands around his joined ones, clutched at them in desperation.

"Koi jarurat nahi haath vaath jodkar maafi maangne ki. Or maafi toh mujhe bhi aapse maangni chahiye na. Pata nahi maine ye soch bhi kaise liya ki aap Imartiji ke gunhegar ho sakte hai. Usse pehle bhi, itne mahino me, na jaane kitni baar aapko jaane anjaane me dukh diya hai maine.  Uske liye main maafi mangti hu aapse."

Putting his hand on her cheek again, holding it there, just the way it had rested there a minute ago, Babita looked at him beseechingly.

"Ho sake toh maaf kar dijiye mujhe. Taaki hum iss nayi zindagi ki nayi shuruwat bina kisi vidvesh se kar sake."
"Ji, maine toh aapko kabka maaf kar bhi diya hai."

Hanuman's thumb continued caressing her cheekbone as she let out a sigh of relief at his words. Looked up at him, coy and radiant.

"Meri jhumkiyan?"

Hanuman handed over the earrings to their rightful owner. Watched as she put them on, as she shook her head slightly to delight in the weight of the swinging earrings.

"Kaisi lag rahi hu?"

Adjectives failed him, so Hanuman made actions his friends. Holding Babita's face, he gently pressed a kiss on her forehead. Then leaned his head a bit, resting their foreheads together. A shy giggle escaped her as she snaked her arms around him, and there they stood. Tangled together. Savouring the tranquility of the moment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

j&b84 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very well written, had a great time reading... Thank You
cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: j&b84

very well written, had a great time reading... Thank You

Thank you! ✌🏻

Peace_Seeker thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manasi_MD

So I tried rewriting the Jhumke and Apology scene from last week. Canon Divergence, as Gur called it. As always, criticism is welcome and greatly appreciated. Hope you like it!

TO FRESH BEGINNINGS

Hanuman picked up the earrings Babita had taken off and put on the table. Followed her into the bedroom, utterly puzzled when she turned away, refused to even look at him.

"Jhumke utaar kyu diye aapne? Aapko achhe na lage ke?"
"Achhe toh lage, lekin unhe pehen nahi sakti main."
"Ji, aise kyu?"
"Woh jhumke, or aapko dekhke uss din aapne jo mujhse kaha tha woh yaad aa gaya. Ki maine apni maryada todi hai. Or main sachme uss din ke baare me bikul sochna nahi chahti."
"Itna bura laga aapko mhari baat ka? Ki maine bheje huye yo jhumke hi utaar diye? Ki aap mhari ore dekh bhi na sakti? Aapko toh sab pata hai, ki maine aapko woh sab kyu bola tha."

Babita turned around to face him. Tried to blink, force away her tears. But the tears were stubborn too, they rolled down her face anyway.

"Jaanti hu. Aapke haalat, aapke iraade, sab samajhti bhi hu. Lekin itni aasani se bhula bhi toh nahi sakti na unn baaton ko. Baar baar mere mann me bas wohi shabd goonjte rehte hai."

Hanuman stepped closer to her. Gently cupped her cheek and wiped away a tear with his thumb. Heard her gasp slightly at his touch. He had known that his words would greatly hurt Babita but he said them anyway. Whatever his intentions had been then, retrospectively, he understood that he had been unnecessarily harsh on the mother-daughter, especially Babita. Now there was only one thing he could do. He hoped his words sounded just as sincere as he felt.

"Manne na pata tha ki aapko mhari baatein itni sataa rahi hai. Ib pata chal gaya hai toh tahe dil se maafi maangta hu aapse. Woh angrezi me ke kehte hai, from the bottom of my heart. Maaf kar dijiye, please. Aap kaho toh haath jodke maafi maangta-"
"Nahi, yeh kya keh rahe hai aap?!"

Babita put her hands around his joined ones, clutched at them in desperation.

"Koi jarurat nahi haath vaath jodkar maafi maangne ki. Or maafi toh mujhe bhi aapse maangni chahiye na. Pata nahi maine ye soch bhi kaise liya ki aap Imartiji ke gunhegar ho sakte hai. Usse pehle bhi, itne mahino me, na jaane kitni baar aapko jaane anjaane me dukh diya hai maine.  Uske liye main maafi mangti hu aapse."

Putting his hand on her cheek again, holding it there, just the way it had rested there a minute ago, Babita looked at him beseechingly.

"Ho sake toh maaf kar dijiye mujhe. Taaki hum iss nayi zindagi ki nayi shuruwat bina kisi vidvesh se kar sake."
"Ji, maine toh aapko kabka maaf kar bhi diya hai."

Hanuman's thumb continued caressing her cheekbone as she let out a sigh of relief at his words. Looked up at him, coy and radiant.

"Meri jhumkiyan?"

Hanuman handed over the earrings to their rightful owner. Watched as she put them on, as she shook her head slightly to delight in the weight of the swinging earrings.

"Kaisi lag rahi hu?"

Adjectives failed him, so Hanuman made actions his friends. Holding Babita's face, he gently pressed a kiss on her forehead. Then leaned his head a bit, resting their foreheads together. A shy giggle escaped her as she snaked her arms around him, and there they stood. Tangled together. Savouring the tranquility of the moment.

👏❤️

Nice one.

cynicalities thumbnail

🤗

cynicalities thumbnail

Thank you! ❤️

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3