Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai- A Ronakshi OS

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sonakshi turned away as the tears spilled from her eyes. 

“I know these things don’t mean something to you but they do to me! This was supposed to be a special—-” Sonakshi felt a gentle tug on her arm as Rohit turned her around. He looked shocked to see her tears. 

“I wanted to celebrate my first Karwa Chauth with someone I love! Someone who loves and cares for me! Not some fake boyfriend or friend. I didn’t even do this with Karan and he was my fiancé. This was supposed to be a moment I share with my companion, my soulmate, the one I’m in love with.” Sonakshi looked up and she could have sworn she saw a very strong emotion in Rohit’s eyes. But it was gone just as quickly. She didn’t dare think her words affected him. But then came his response. 

“Is there someone?” His voice, which was usually laced in humor and sarcasm, sounded strained. He had asked her the same at the hospital but this time the light teasing was missing. His eyes bore into hers as if questioning her and Sonakshi snapped. That’s all he got out of her words! He didn’t even bother to apologize! 

“Maybe there is! Maybe there’s isn’t. That is none of your business Rohit! It’s doesn’t change the fact that this entire situation is wrong! It’s unfair to your family and to me!” Sonakshi was furious and began to inch closer towards Rohit. 

As Sonakshi walked forward, Rohit walked backward until he felt his back hitting the wall. He barely managed to mask a wince as he felt something poke into his shoulder. Sonakshi was inches away from him. Suddenly, Rohit felt very nervous and out of sorts. His heart was thudding against his chest and his throat felt dry. She looked so angry and hurt! He shouldn’t have listened to Ajit! Rohit realized how badly he messed up! Sonakshi was an actress but this was not a tv show. It was her life and she didn’t want to ruin these experiences by having them with him. Rohit felt a strange sadness engulf him as the thought crossed his mind. He had no idea why the thought of her being in love hurt so much. He was supposed to be happy for her if she was indeed in love. She was his friend, a friend he had grown to respect and lov—- adore so much! As Sonakshi continued to yell at him, Rohit knew that he had gone too far and now he would lose her friendship. She cared so much for him and this is how he repaid her. Rohit felt guilt stab at his heart repeatedly. Not to mention, her kind and expressive eyes which were usually twinkling with mirth suddenly looked so cold and tired. Her words were harsh and her tone was laced with sarcasm. Rohit realized he pushed her too far. What if she hated him and never wanted to see him again? He blinked and had no idea why his eyelids felt wet.

Sonakshi was seething by the end of her rant and was ready to storm out of Rohit’s bedroom when a voice stopped her. There was something about the way he said her name which halted her steps. It reminded her of the moment in the hospital. She didn’t want to be weak but he was still her friend. No matter what, she still cared for him. Sonakshi turned around and Rohit crossed the gap between them. Sonakshi gasped as Rohit got down on both knees and grabbed his ears. He had tears streaming down his face. 

“I am such an idiot. Gadha hu main, ek number ka! I had no idea this hurt you so much! I keep asking people to call you and see you as Sonakshi but I ended up making you feel like Parvati! I’m so so sorry! Let’s go downstairs right now and tell everyone the truth! They will be angry but I know they love me a lot so they will understand! I cant lose you- I cant...” Rohit stopped and this time Sonakshi threw a questioning glare. Rohit took both of her hands in his. 

“I mean it Sonakshi, I cant lose your friendship. I know I sound selfish but I can’t let this affect our relationship..” He chuckled through tears, “you know this is going to sound like a dialogue straight out of KPK, but I mean it. Jab tum naraaz hoti ho ya palat ke chali jaati ho, toh bahut dard hota hai... yaha.” He took one of her hands and placed it on his heart. 

“I don’t know why Sonakshi but whenever I see you walk away, it hurts so much! I can’t bare it!” The tears kept streaming down his cheeks and his voice sounded so broken. Sonakshi didn’t want to let her emotions carry her away but she couldn’t help it. He looked so vulnerable, almost childlike. Sonakshi knew Rohit’s apology was sincere. He never faked any emotions around her nor was he afraid to be vulnerable. He openly admits when he is selfish or when he makes a mistake. He looked up at her with hopeful eyes and at that moment she couldn’t muster the courage to yell at him any more. Sonakshi sat down in front of him. 

“Rohit, what we are doing is wrong. Your family loves you too much and don’t deserve to be deceived. It’s unfair to both of us as well. We deserve a fair chance to find love and that can’t happen if we pretend to be a couple.” Sonakshi sighed as sadness crept into her heart. He deserved to enjoy these rituals and moments with the woman he loves- not her. 

They held hands and sat together for a while. Neither being able to tell the other about the overwhelming sadness currently residing in their hearts. But somewhere, they both could sense each other’s pain. 

Sonakshi didn’t know what prompted her to do this but she couldn’t stop herself. She got on her knees and moved closer to Rohit, wrapping her arms around him. Rohit didn’t need any coaxing, he immediately took her small form into his arms and held her tightly against his chest. Holding each other, both Rohit and Sonakshi savored the peace the moment offered. 

The End

First of all, thank you to each and every one of you who leave comments on my stories! It means so much to me! 🤗 I am so so sorry that I don’t get to reply individually but your comments are the reason these stories keep coming (Ronakshi as well)! I am currently going through busy season at work so the little time I get, I use to watch the show and write these stories! I promise to reply back to each and every one of you once things slow down! I hope you guys like this little OS! It’s based on the song “Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai” from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na! I will try to update my TS soon as well. Anyway thanks again! Can’t wait for the episodes this week 

Edited by Raingoddess - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GeekyBean thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

One word for this shot, Flawless. ❤

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh! This was so beautiful. Completely unexpected, but absolutely beautiful. I loved, loved, loved it! Rohit's guilt, Sonakshi's pain, their mutual pining and hurt. WOW. So well written. I could actually visualize something like this happening on the show as well. You've captured it so perfectly. Amazing! :D