An ode to Mishbir journey that lead to their confession Part 2 updated

fangirl1012 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

“Love, like everything else in life, should be a discovery, an adventure, and like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.” 

― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly,

One fine day on 18th March two people randomly waltzed into our lives and life as we know it changed. It did change for me because I had given up on the entire idea of Tv Shows as none of the recent ones had managed to grab my attention. Also I knew that if I allow myself to get too attached to characters I will become obsessed so I kind of stopped watching any show but then I stumbled upon the promo for this show. I had seen bits and pieces of Rhea and Shaheer’s previous shows and I loved the concept shown in the promo since it hit too close to home. When I started this show I had no idea that I will resurrect my IF account and my twitter account I had no idea that 115 episodes later I will be here ignoring all the other things in life and penning a post on Mishbir. Through this post I want to thank each and everyone who made Mishbir possible and I would also like to thank you the reader because you keep reading all my long posts and never hesitate from giving me love. Thank you This entire post is an ode to the Mishbir journey.

Strangers

“. . .sometimes one feels freer speaking to a stranger than to people one knows. Why is that?"

“Probably because a stranger sees us the way we are, not as he wishes to think we are.” 

― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

When we are introduced to Mishbir they are both strangers to each other. From Misthi’s intro we know she is an over-achiever and an over-thinker as she takes time to decide on what she wants to eat. Abir’s character is sitting on top of a bus clicking pictures. From his intro we know that he is free bird and a free spirited individual who probably loves photography and travelling. As he is clicking pictures she is climbing the ladder to the top of the bus. His camera manages to capture her eyes and from the get go he is intrigued and we are treated to his wonderful poetry of tasveer main kis ka chera hain. They don’t see each other’s face but they sit with their back facing each other. As the bus crosses a bump he is about to fall but she gives him her hand to prevent her from falling. The people around them claim how the heroine has managed to save the hero breaking ITV stereotypes in a very subtle way. To which she replies : Haath samblany kay liay dia tha thamnay kay liay nahi" she explains how she only gave him her hand to stabilize him. At this time Abir is a stranger for her and she doesn't want her to get any ideas of the wrong sort. 

Then she goes on to say a heartbreaking dialogue.

"Waisay bhi Jab apnay hi haath chod jayay toh haath thamnay ki aadat nahi rehti" Both Abir and Mish remember their father and for the first time we see a glimpse of two people who have a common past who have the potential to bond and understand eachother because they both know how much it hurts when you are left behind by your loved ones. Abir’s poetry is apt here “Ajneeabi kay haath say haath mila toh laga yay ristha ghera hain. As fate would have it they keep meeting as strangers. He hears her crying after telling her life story and assures her “Zindagi muskil hi rehati hain bas humay thoda strong ban kar rehna chaiyay. Jaisay khusi main hasna normal hain waisay rona bhi normal hain” She doesn’t know but oddly his words give her sense of comfort for he doesn’t judge her for crying he doesn’t sugar coat things for her he tells he that life is hard but we need to be strong if we need to rise above everything. She is overwhelmed by her dad’s return and while she pours her heart out in a song he is busy in finding his sister but for a minute he stops and admires the girl who is singing so soulfully. So, as strangers both AM intrigue each other and they can’t help but feel an odd sense of connection with eachother.

Pain

They say that abandonment is a wound that never heals. I say only that an abandoned child never forgets.

Mario Balotelli

Another common theme that links AM together is pain. They have both been abandoned by their fathers at an early age. When we come in to this world our parents our the first exposure we have to the real world. Naturally parents are supposed to nurture us and love us unconditionally but if the same parents one day decide to leave for whatever reason they permanently scar the child they are leaving behind. Abir once said “Baap jab bachpa main chod kar jata hain toh saath bachpan bhi lay jaati hain” the small child is forced to grow up and deal with the harsh realities of life. This betrayal comes from someone the child looks up to and it hurts so much to be left behind that you stop believing that for someone you are enough that for someone you are worth staying for.  Misthi’s wounds run deeper because her mother left her for someone else and even her grandmother refused to take her responsibility. She starts living in the Masheswari household and is placed under the loving care of her Bade Papa and Badi Maa who leave no stone unturned to make sure she has a comfortable life. However, she feels like she is a burden/bhoj on them as characters like Jasmeet and Kuhu keep reminding her of her adopted status. The difference between Misthi and Abir is that Misthi knows how to deal with her pain. She cries for a bit but than dusts herself up and moves forward Abir though has managed to conceal his pain really well and he has buried it really deep within himself in a way that for him “Dard toh dost purana hain”. He ignores his own pain by trying to help other people and by making them smile but he has no one who asks him if he needs support no one who bothers too see if he is really okay. Both Mish and Abir are surrounded by people but they still feel alone. Pain is the reason they meet again for the second time amongst those temple ruins. That day Abir tells her a very profound thing “Upar walay ki awaaz hamesha upar say nahi aah ti. Kabhi kabhi who kisi aur ko bhej dayta hain kisi ko humrahi madad karnay ki. Ho sakta hain kay upar walay nay mujay aap ki problem solve karnay kay liay bheja hain yay phir app ko meri. In short upar wala hum dono ki help kar raha hain” These lines are so deep and so true. Sometimes God helps us in mysterious ways and often in way in which we don’t expect. He tells her that maybe God has sent him in her life to help her or vice versa and in this way God is helping them both. Unknowingly Misthi misplaces her earring that day but he picks it up and keeps it safe he muses that this earring signifies” Humarhi qismat main phir say milan likha hain” and how apt was that. The whole sequence is beautiful. In midst of the temple ruins two pain-ridden individuals heal each other a bit unexpectedly.  How beautifully has fate interweaved these two strangers together.

Holi-Festival of colors

“There are 365 days in a year and you will meet all the colours of life throughout the year: The blue, the black, the pink… Only blue is not a life, only pink is not a life, only black is not a life! Life is all the colours!” 

― Mehmet Murat ildan

Holi is another special occasion in AM’s life as it is the first festival which they celebrate together. The night before the actual function is iconic. BB finds Misthi’s earrings in Abir’s things and gives Kunal the task to find out who they belong too. Kunal asks his bhai about them and Abir says “Samaj lay teri Bhabhi ka hain” He says that in jest and just for fun’s sake but BB is hanging on to his every word and later proceeds to throw the earrings in the bonfire citing the fact that how all bad things need to burned. Abir however, steps in front of fire and manages to save the earrings and tells BB that these belong to the person who brought Ketki back so they are indebted to her and he will make sure they reach their rightful owner. Disgruntled by his Maa’s behavior he leaves for the mandir and distributes sweets amongst kids. He muses on how holi is celebrated every year but there is still so much evil in the world and he prays that “Kisi ko burai/paap kay saath jeena na seekhna padhay” At the other end Misthi’s whole world comes crashing down as she witnesses her own father blackmailing her BM for money. She manages to steal the money bag from her father and storms away on her cycle. This is when Abir meets her again. “Rajkot mian bullet train” he says as he sees her speeding of on her cycle. Naman asks Abir for help as someone has stolen something from him. Abir rushes to intercept the chor and is surprised to find out that it’s a girl. “Larkiyan toh ajj kal har field main aghay nikal rahi hain” he muses to himself as he is kind of impressed with this bold woman in front of him. For the first time he addresses her as angry chorni and throws color on her face. He tells her that “Tum galat kar rahi ho” she is wiping the color off from her face and at the same time trying to yank off the bag from his hands a lone tear falls from her eyes and she says “Galat toh who tha jo ho raha tha main toh bas ussay sahi karnay ki koshish kar rahi hu” and just like that he believes her and lets her go. As fate would have it they meet again the very next day as their families have mutual friends and there are talks about Kuku’s ristha. A chance encounter again brings them face to face. Abir has thrown color on her unknowingly and she wants revenge. She hides behind the pillar and witnesses Abir in all his swag telling other people  “Jo mujhay rangnay ahatay hain meray hi rang main rang jaatay hain” as he walks away she calls out to him. “Par aaj main tumhay apnay ranh main rang du gi” and tries to throw color at him. They both see each other for the first time and we also get our first suno moment. 

Friends

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” 

― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

Chance encounters make sure that both AM keep crossing eachother’s paths. The ristha gets exchanged and Abir tries his best to mould things in such a way that the Mashewaris are compelled to consider the ristha. At Ketki’s sangeet as Mish arrives with her family he is mesmerized to see her and can’t seem to fathom why he is suddenly feeling so sad about the fact that the Mahs are considering the ristha. In midst of everything else Misthi manages to find him as she wants his help to figure out her stance on her courtship demand “Iss ghar main aik tum hi toh meray dost ho” He is surprised “Hum dost hain?” . “Kyun nahi hain?” she asks him to which he replies that they indeed our friends. Over the course of time we see how these two cuties become the best of friends. The share countless moments where they motivate each other and even confide in each other. When she is confused about her courtship demand and is contemplating  is she is doing the right thing he tells her that she is doing the right thing and she should believe in herself. When he is feeling low after Ketki’s marriage is called off she finds him by the river side. Overwhelmed by all his emotions he hugs her and than tells her “Tum awesome ho”Their bond is reflected in Misthi’s words “Kay yay matter nahi karta kay dosti kitni purani hain yay matter karta hain kay dosti kitni gehri hain”. In spite of knowing each other for just a brief period these two have managed to forge a very strong bond with each other.

Painting 

“I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.” 

― Frida Kahlo

The painting is the first object that gives a voice to Abir’s feelings. 

“Jo baat mujay say keh na payay

Alafaz saray mil kar bhi 

Woh bolti tasveer hain” 

He can’t seem to give a name to the onslaught of feelings he has for Misthi. He is confused but when he is asked to make a painting as a center piece for his exhibition unknowingly, he paints her. Parul Maasi told him to paint from his heart and as he looks at the picture that has now filled the blank canvas he sinks to the ground. Misthi is not supposed to be his as she has been promised to his brother but yet his heart believes that she belongs to him and him only. As Mishti ask him about the painting “Kitni pretty hain?” He tells her  “ Ghar jaisi simple si sada si lakin bohot khoobsurat” these words are so impactful as we get to know that the wanderer/banjara Abir considers her to be his home. On the day of the exhibition she again asks him about the painting and is worried that somehow that painting has affected him greatly. “Main bas itna jaanta hu kay mera iss say bohot ghera ristha hain who ristha kyun hain kiya hain main nahi jaan ta” he tells her that he has a very deep bond with girl in his painting but he can’t seem to give a name to this bond and his feelings. Later that day when a fire breaks out in the exhibition venue she stays back and tries to keep his painting safe “Abir yay painting tumhari liya bohot important hain na” she hands it over to him and finally gives a name to his feelings. He finally acknowledges that he is in love with her. The painting makes a reappearance when he tries to make her jealous by telling her that he has a special painting wali in his life. As fate would have it she stumbles on the painting by mistake and is surprised to find out that he painted her and that he loves her. As she goes back home that night she breaks down “Abir nay meri painting banai woh mujah say pyar karta hain” she can’t believe it as she didn’t think she was worthy of love but this boy just went ahead and immortalized her in a painting. On some other day e tries to show her the painting and tells her  that he has finally figured out what his painting wali means to him but she runs away without looking at it. One thing is certain though that days she gets to know that even she is in love with him.

Little things

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.” 

? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

AM has made me fall in love with them because of the little things they did for each other.  For me the sweetest AM moment was when Abir gifted Mish a new pair of glasses.“Misthi yay choti si baat hain tum aisay kyun react kar rahi ho” He asks her when she is visibly affected by his gesture.“Abir subah say inta kuch ho raha tha kisi nay iss baat oar dehayn hi nahi diya kay mera chasma toot gaya tha” She tells him how nobody bothered about her glasses but he did. It might be a little thing for him but it means a lot. “Aik shezadi jis ka chasma hi uss ki pechaan hain” Abir says this to her when they are in Champnar. Such simple words but how beautifully they convey the love Abir has for her. Glasses in our South Asian society have always been looked down upon. Girls are mostly told that they look better without them. I am one such girl. I have been wearing glasses since grade 5 and I have been made fun of but as Mish said these glasses are a part of me. They are a part of my personality. Too see a guy like Abir appreciating Mish for them and for making her realize that he loves her with or without glasses. The way they handled this particular subject was so profound more often ITV FLs are shown to be gorgeous and their makeup is always on point or they are shown to be extra simple Mish though is shown to be so real , the true face of what an empowered women should be like. The fact that Abir loves her the way she is became even clearer due to this particular sequence. For he cares about the girl behind the frames. The specialty of AM is in the little things such as forehead kisses, accidental hand touches, intense eye locks, deliberate intertwining of hands, a painting , a shoe, a pair of earrings, a cup of coffee   and a red balloon. They make us see beauty in simplicity.

Something more

“What could be more than being friends? What could be more than what it felt like to wait by the phone to hear that she was okay? More than waiting to discuss every case with her?” 

― Sonali Dev, A Distant Heart

As time goes on they become something more than friends they both love each-other but they are in no mood to confess it to each-other. In this phase we got some beautiful sequences such as the coffee one and the aankon ki gustakain one we also get to see our babies exchanging a series of video calls, texts and other calls. Some of the most iconic lines they said during this phase are mentioned below:

“Pyar bohot qismat walon ko milta hain aur agar meri qismat main pyar hain toh main ussay aisay hi nahi janay du ga”

“Tumhari liay Abir, tum nay hamesha mera saath diya hain hamesha meri problems fix ki hain”

“Sach bohot khoobsurat hota hain Misthi tumhara dil saaf hain iss liay toh itna khoobsurat hain”

“ Jaanti hu kay tum hamesha mera saath doh gay aur main tumhara”

“Tum galtiyan thoda kam kiya karo aur tum thodi zyada”

“Puri dunya say alag ho tum”

“Tumharay jaisa life partner mujhay mil hi nahi sakta tha kyun tum mujhay badlna  nahi chaatay”

I would like to cap it off with Abir’s beautiful Shayri:

“Hain aik ristha aur bhi bay-daag say bay-naam sa

Tapti darthi kay liay baarish kay paigaam sa

Naam rakha toh zamanay ko khabar lag jayay gi

Mujhay dar hain uss ko dunya ki nazar lag jayay gi

Waisay bhi kab naam ki dil ko hui daarkar hain

Dil toh hamesha jaanta hain

Yay pyaar hain hah pyar hain”

He then goes on to claim that his heart actually doesn’t need him to label his feelings for her because the heart knows that these are not just mere feelings what he is feeling is real love which is why he is so afraid to lose it. 

After 115 episodes and a plethora of Mishbir moments we have finally reached the stage where they confess their love to each other. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Mishbir Confession

“she held him. he held her. all the noise inside and out ceased. the moon shined in through the window, but they glowed as one in their own light. there could be nothing else so special as this moment, no matter how long it lasted, it did not matter because nothing else matters, in this sanctum so pure” 

― Bodhi Smith

The episode begins with the airport staff informing him that the gate has closes and the flight to Mumbai has taken off. At that precise moment a million dreams that Abir harbors within his heart shatter. He tries to deal with his emotions and with a resigned sigh he rests his hand on the pillar and turns back to walk away. The sad version of dheere dheere plays and Shaheer Sheikh absolutely nails his scenes. He makes us connect with Abir’s sadness and disappointment. He is about to leave when she calls out to him:”Main yahan hu Abir “ he stops oh ho ho plays and he pauses and looks back to see her standing at the other end of the room. His face changes from a look of surprise to a look of pure joy. His angry chorni didn’t leave him and as that sinks in time stops and he rushes towards her. She again calls out his name “Abir” her voice is laden with emotions her Ajeeb Rajvansh came for her proving that he indeed was the miracle in her life a miracle who has given her the chance to live her very own fairy tale. As Abir makes his way towards her he stops and thanks God for helping him today because for a minute he thought that she was gone and all had been lost but God kept His promise so he can’t help but thank Him. She can’t fathom the love this guy has for her its so pure and so overwhelming that her knees buckle and she falls down on her knees and continues to cry as she cannot believe her good luck. The people around them exclaim that “Arey yay toh propose kar rahi jaisay boys propose kartay hain so cute. Bohot lucky chora chay” they claim that the boy is lucky to have a  girl who bends stereotypes but the truth is that they both are lucky to have each other. Even he falls to the ground and takes her hands in her arms and they both continue to look each other and can’t help but cry. They almost lost each other. In the cutest gestures ever Abir buries his forehead in her arms as if he is telling her that “Mish I surrender myself to you” Misthi however, can’t see him like this so vulnerable and so defeated she tells him “ Abir Nahi”. They both are smiling but at the same time they are crying while looking at each other and by this time I am bawling my eyes out. These two cuties are so pure they must be protected at all costs.

Abir goes on to say “Main life main kabi bhi tumhay aisay apnay ghootno pay nahi dekh sakta aur waisay bhi humara height differene acha khasa hain toh khadi ho jaon yaar” This was epic. He tells her that he can never see her like this on her knees. He doesn’t ever want her to feel so defeated in her life and than he goes on to say that we have a considerable height difference so he just asks her to stand up. Mish can’t help but smile how does this guy manage to do it every time how does he manage to make her smile when the only thing she feels like crying. They both get up together and he lifts her and takes her in his arms and embraces her in a tight hug, They hold on to each other for dear life the world around them ceases to exist. Than Abir recites some beautiful shayri

“khawab aur Arman ka samman sara todh kay

Chali jaati agar tum aaj mujh ko chod kay

Dil main dobara ahanay say ishq phir katrata

Seehnay main rehata hain jo ehasaas mar jata

He says that if she had managed to leave him today she would have broke all the quiet dreams and hopes he kept to himself. If she had left him his heart would not have been able to cope he might never have been able to love again. The feelings that are buried in his heart would have died. He knows the pain of being left behind awfully well and that time he was able to get himself back together but had she left him he might never have have managed to be okay.

Bach gaya dil tootnay say 

Abb keh rah hain ishq kar 

Ban kay Daraya aanko say

Dil beh raha hain ishq kar

However, she did not leave him rather she stayed for him. She stayed for him and her this gesture saved him from heart break. Now his heart is yearning him to not hold back anymore both of them have endured enough. They have cried their eyes outs now its time that they allow each other to feel now its time that they just love each other. He cups her face in his hands and again hugs her it all feels surreal and having her in his arms one more time won’t hurt because he is not just holding her rather he is cradling his home in his arms. Even she can’t help but hug him back maybe just maybe her Badi Maa was right maybe there was some truth in those fairytales after all. Maybe she deserves to be loved and be held by the man who left his own brother’s wedding for her. Just moments ago she had told herself “Abir ko jahan hona chaiyay who wohi ho ga” the Abir in her dreams had told her “Jahan tum wahan main” and that time she had scoffed at her foolishness but he shows her that she was right all along. He did come for her so yeah even she can’t help but hug him back. The crowd around them gives them a round of applause gently Abir picks up her littlr bag and places it on her shoulder than he holds her hand and they both walk away together hand in hand. They can’t help but smile at each other as they walk together in a swarm of people who continue to applaud them, He places his other hand on her arms and they continue to hold each other an episode ago Mish had lamented “Main aur Abir kabi saath nahi chal sakaty” but here they are now walking together hand in hand without any care in the world basking in the glory of love they have for each other. A love so pure that even the people around them can’t help but feel giddy. In the next AM scene Abir has brought her to the mandir.

“Aankay kholo” He tells her to open her eyes. 

“Mandir mujhay laga tum mujhay ghar lay kar ja rahay ho waisay hum yahan kyun ahayay hain” She is surprised that why did he bring her to a mandir out of all places they could have gone to.

“Aaj iss risthay ko hum aik naam day hi day. Bhawgan ko sakshi maan kar aaj hum dono aik ho jayay gay” He tells her that now its time that they give a name to this relationship this bond that they have with each other and what better place to do it than in front of God. Let God be the witness of the love they have for each other and he outstretches his arms SRK style and gestures her to embrace him with a cute smirk. “You Ajeeb RV “ she says and runs after him. They both chase each other like they always do like little kids and much I have missed these two pure cuties acting like Tom and Jerry and chasing after each other. He runs inside the Mandir she calls out after him “Ruko” but he is too fast for her and taps the mandar bell and a garland falls on her neck.

“Ajeeb RV main..” she looks at the bell than at the varmala around her neck. Poor cutie is so confused on what’s going on.

“Aadhi shaadi toh ho hi gayi nahi” Homeboy is having too much fun though and teases her that thery have almost completed half of their wedding rituals which is kind of true.

“Shut up” She punches him

“Aaah taiz laga yaar” he fakes being in pain

“Seriously?” she knows that he is lying, He is such a nautanki.

“Yay punch nahi tumhara rejection” he tell her that he kind of subtly proposed to her but she turned him down.

“Shut up Abir shaadi toh bohot door ki baat hain. Tum toh meray dost bhi nahi ban saktay” She walks towards the side and tells him how their wedding is a distant possibility and they can’t even be each other’s friends anymore.

“Kiya” he is like say what.

“Zara socho agar tumhari Maa ko pata chalay ga” She goes on to tell him that what if your dragon Maa obsessive Kajal user finds out.

“Kia pata chala ga?” Finds out what he asks her 

“Yay hi kay I love….” That I love but she stops in the middle and doesn’t complete her sentence right on cue the wedding march starts to play. Homeboy is having too much fun as he teases her and very innocently asks her “I love what? What Misthi” he bends his head near her face. She turns towards him and hits her with a garland and tells him “Tumhara sar” she actually wanted to say tumhara sar , naak, kaan in short tumhara sab kuch Abir but she doesn’t say it. He runs of and says” Mandir main violence hey Bhagwan mujay bacha lo” she can’t deal with his antics and again lunges forward to hit him “Ajeeb Rajvansh” but than she stumbles and lands in his arms. 

“Tum baat puri karo ya na karo main bhi jaanta hu yay bhi janaty hain kay baat kiya hain” He tells her how she does not need to complete her sentence because he already knows what she wants to say and than he points towards the idols and tells her that even God knows of whats in her heart. She shyly wants to run away but he hold her hand and stops her “Abir mera haath chodo” she tells him to let go of her hand but homeboy ain’t listening. He comes close to her and pulls her closer and says “Haath chonay kay liay nahi thamay tha Misthi” he tells her that he did not befriend her to abandon her when he holds her hand in his hand he is silently promising her that he will never let go that he will always be there for her.  The journey started from “Ajneebay kay haath say haath mila toh laga yay ristha ghera hain” until they both found out that they have been exposed to the same kind of pain “Haath sambalny kay liay diya tha thamnay kay liay nahi waisay bhi jab panay hi haath chod jayay toh haath thamnay ki aadat nahi rehti “ has now  progressed to this where Abir is proclaiming that he is grabbing her hand to offer him her unwavering support. The ristha that once started between strangers, than friends to something more will now forever be changed to a ghera ristha between two pure and unadulterated souls. The scene shifts and our two cuties are sitting on the Mandir’s steps looking at a wedding of two random people from a distance. The happy version of the tile track plays and both the adorable cuties look at the rituals and in between keep on stealing glances at each other. Another silent scene but so much is said between them both. As their eyes dart towards the rituals and each other they hold just one dream in their depth that when will this auspicious day come in their lives. The entire scene is so symbolical as our cuties keep on smiling and as they sit across from each other the idols are right in between them which shows that even God is a witness to their adorable antics. He raises his eyes at her asking her what she is thinking about but she shakes her head gesturing him that its nothing. When the scenes cuts to them again she musters the courage to ask him “Abir aik baat seriously puchu tumhay laga tha hain kay main aur tum ummm I mean humaray beech main you know main kia keh rahi hu” how flustered our poor cutie is she us talking in circles but she ask Abir if he knows what she is talking about. He knows that she is asking him if they have a chance to be together and he gives a perfect reply in his own style.

“Hain dagar muskil badhi 

Aik aag ka bhwandar bhi hain

Par uss paar aik 

Pyara sa ghar bhi hain”

He tells her that the course of true love never runs smooth. The path that lies ahead of them is long and arduous and full of obstacles. On the other end of the path is a beautiful home and reaching this destination is worth surpassing all those obstacles for the world can strew their path with thorns and keep them away from each other but the world can never stop them from loving each other. He gets up and the camera pans to the idols in the back ground and he takes her hand in his hand and they both walk towards the center of the court yard. Such a subtle yet a meaningful scene even God is blessing them.

“Darr hain tujay aisa nah ho

Kay sapnay saary toot jaya

Saath ahnay say humaray

Yaar apnay rooth jayay

He tells her that he knows of all the doubts that are arising in her mind. She fears that all their dreams might shatter and if they get together maybe just maybe their loved ones might not understand. Maybe they will end up hurting the ones that they love the most.

Apnay agar roothay bhi toh 

Has kar unhay mana lay gay

Rakh bharosa pyar par 

Hum woh pyara sa ghar bana lay gay”

However, he tells her that as long as they are with each other they will face the world together and even if their loved ones are miffed they will use their smile, their charm and the allure of their love to convince their loved ones in their favor. She needs to have a little bit of faith in their love for each other because their love will ensure that one day they achieve their dream of having a pyara sa ghar a beautiful home. Abir the banjara can’t help but gush at the fact that ever since his heart call her his home for him ceased to be a place rather it became a person. He has always compared Misthi to a ghar/home  “Simple sa saada sa par bohot khoobsurat” the wanderer who used to believe that he has no permanent thakana(destination) now wants to build a beautiful home a pyara sa ghar with her. This got to me on another level Mishbir have redefined the concept of home/ghar for me. She looks at him and he has done it again he has given a rest to all her doubts and has left her speechless. Naata meri rooh ka plays and she looks at him and than runs away like a giddy teenager. They both reach the side of the mandir and are showered with flowers. As she marvels in the scent of the petals falling around her he marvels at her for even she is the miracle in his life, Haath main ho haath tera line comes and he grabs her hand and than cups her face in her hands. Our Mish is feeling very shy because her man is looking at her with eyes full of love. He however stops her and brings her close to him and than gently removes the rose petal from her hair. She close her eyes but can’t help but smile and look up to him. Just than a few kids waltz in an throw some gulaal on both our blissful cuties. She has got some of the color on her nose and cheeks and gently rubs his hand on her face to remove it at this moment she looks at him with the wideset smile on her face. She turns his head to the side and tries to remove the color from his cheeks for a moment he is bewildered does his angry chorni have other ahem ahem intentions but than he smiles at her blushes and closes his eyes reveling at her touch. She tries to run away gain but again he grabs her and pulls her close and huskily says what we all have been waiting for:”Tumnay mujhay apnay ranh main rang hi diya I love you angry chorni” this a call back to their conversation at holi when she challenged him “Lakin iss baar tum meray rang main rang jaon gay” he tells her that angry chorni you fulfilled your end of the bargain. In plain and simple terms I love you. I don’t need any grand gestures, any epic decorations any exotic location to tell you that I am yours rather I will do it right here in this quiet moment we have stolen for ourselves amidst the chaos in our lives. I will do it right here at a Mandir a place where God resides so even He can bear witness to our love. I will do I right here in the purest of all places because the love we have for each other is so pure and is so divine that I don’t need any grandiose gesture to express it. Simplicity has always been our thing we make the ordinary look extraordinary. So in plain and simple terms I am telling you that I love you angry chorni. 

Time stands still. He is waiting with baited breath for her answer its like his whole life depends on her response to his declaration of love.

“Ajeeb Rajavansh I love you too” She has move past all her fears and even she tells him in plain and simple terms that she loves him. She loves this ajeeb adorable specimen of a human being who has infused so much hope in to her life. Who has never judged her for crying has always stood by her and often times has understood the emotions behind her words. The universe ka special dhoot who was right that sometimes God helps us by sending people like him in our lives. A person who makes her believe in faitytales a person who makes her believe in miracles a person who makes her believe in the magic of true loves. So she tells him in plain and simple terms that she loves him. 

She runs off but this time he doesn’t stop her. This time he choses to stay right where he is trying to take it all in. The boy who was left behind by loved one has finally found someone who stayed back for him. The boy who feels alone in his own family has finally found the one. The boy who used to wander from place to place looking for peace and comfort has finally found his peace in her. It feels glorious and blissful as he is finally home.

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” 

― Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

A/N: This has taken me the longest time to post. I don't know if I did justice to it at all but I tried my best. Please leave your feedback🤗

Edited by fangirl1012 - 4 years ago
meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Zara I journeyed the whole episodes through your words 🤗🤗🤗

Same I had been watching just to entertain myself. I had given up hope that any show could enter my heart and soul and this did and I'm so glad 

Ms.akabane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fangirl1012

“Love, like everything else in life, should be a discovery, an adventure, and like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.” 

― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly,

One fine day on 18th March two people randomly waltzed into our lives and life as we know it changed. It did change for me because I had given up on the entire idea of Tv Shows as none of the recent ones had managed to grab my attention. Also I knew that if I allow myself to get too attached to characters I will become obsessed so I kind of stopped watching any show but then I stumbled upon the promo for this show. I had seen bits and pieces of Rhea and Shaheer’s previous shows and I loved the concept shown in the promo since it hit too close to home. When I started this show I had no idea that I will resurrect my IF account and my twitter account I had no idea that 115 episodes later I will be here ignoring all the other things in life and penning a post on Mishbir. Through this post I want to thank each and everyone who made Mishbir possible and I would also like to thank you the reader because you keep reading all my long posts and never hesitate from giving me love. Thank you This entire post is an ode to the Mishbir journey.

Strangers

“. . .sometimes one feels freer speaking to a stranger than to people one knows. Why is that?"

“Probably because a stranger sees us the way we are, not as he wishes to think we are.” 

― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

When we are introduced to Mishbir they are both strangers to each other. From Misthi’s intro we know she is an over-achiever and an over-thinker as she takes time to decide on what she wants to eat. Abir’s character is sitting on top of a bus clicking pictures. From his intro we know that he is free bird and a free spirited individual who probably loves photography and travelling. As he is clicking pictures she is climbing the ladder to the top of the bus. His camera manages to capture her eyes and from the get go he is intrigued and we are treated to his wonderful poetry of tasveer main kis ka chera hain. They don’t see each other’s face but they sit with their back facing each other. As the bus crosses a bump he is about to fall but she gives him her hand to prevent her from falling. The people around them claim how the heroine has managed to save the hero breaking ITV stereotypes in a very subtle way. To which she replies : Haath samblany kay liay dia tha thamnay kay liay nahi" she explains how she only gave him her hand to stabilize him. At this time Abir is a stranger for her and she doesn't want her to get any ideas of the wrong sort. 

Then she goes on to say a heartbreaking dialogue.

"Waisay bhi Jab apnay hi haath chod jayay toh haath thamnay ki aadat nahi rehti" Both Abir and Mish remember their father and for the first time we see a glimpse of two people who have a common past who have the potential to bond and understand eachother because they both know how much it hurts when you are left behind by your loved ones. Abir’s poetry is apt here “Ajneeabi kay haath say haath mila toh laga yay ristha ghera hain. As fate would have it they keep meeting as strangers. He hears her crying after telling her life story and assures her “Zindagi muskil hi rehati hain bas humay thoda strong ban kar rehna chaiyay. Jaisay khusi main hasna normal hain waisay rona bhi normal hain” She doesn’t know but oddly his words give her sense of comfort for he doesn’t judge her for crying he doesn’t sugar coat things for her he tells he that life is hard but we need to be strong if we need to rise above everything. She is overwhelmed by her dad’s return and while she pours her heart out in a song he is busy in finding his sister but for a minute he stops and admires the girl who is singing so soulfully. So, as strangers both AM intrigue each other and they can’t help but feel an odd sense of connection with eachother.

Pain

They say that abandonment is a wound that never heals. I say only that an abandoned child never forgets.

Mario Balotelli

Another common theme that links AM together is pain. They have both been abandoned by their fathers at an early age. When we come in to this world our parents our the first exposure we have to the real world. Naturally parents are supposed to nurture us and love us unconditionally but if the same parents one day decide to leave for whatever reason they permanently scar the child they are leaving behind. Abir once said “Baap jab bachpa main chod kar jata hain toh saath bachpan bhi lay jaati hain” the small child is forced to grow up and deal with the harsh realities of life. This betrayal comes from someone the child looks up to and it hurts so much to be left behind that you stop believing that for someone you are enough that for someone you are worth staying for.  Misthi’s wounds run deeper because her mother left her for someone else and even her grandmother refused to take her responsibility. She starts living in the Masheswari household and is placed under the loving care of her Bade Papa and Badi Maa who leave no stone unturned to make sure she has a comfortable life. However, she feels like she is a burden/bhoj on them as characters like Jasmeet and Kuhu keep reminding her of her adopted status. The difference between Misthi and Abir is that Misthi knows how to deal with her pain. She cries for a bit but than dusts herself up and moves forward Abir though has managed to conceal his pain really well and he has buried it really deep within himself in a way that for him “Dard toh dost purana hain”. He ignores his own pain by trying to help other people and by making them smile but he has no one who asks him if he needs support no one who bothers too see if he is really okay. Both Mish and Abir are surrounded by people but they still feel alone. Pain is the reason they meet again for the second time amongst those temple ruins. That day Abir tells her a very profound thing “Upar walay ki awaaz hamesha upar say nahi aah ti. Kabhi kabhi who kisi aur ko bhej dayta hain kisi ko humrahi madad karnay ki. Ho sakta hain kay upar walay nay mujay aap ki problem solve karnay kay liay bheja hain yay phir app ko meri. In short upar wala hum dono ki help kar raha hain” These lines are so deep and so true. Sometimes God helps us in mysterious ways and often in way in which we don’t expect. He tells her that maybe God has sent him in her life to help her or vice versa and in this way God is helping them both. Unknowingly Misthi misplaces her earring that day but he picks it up and keeps it safe he muses that this earring signifies” Humarhi qismat main phir say milan likha hain” and how apt was that. The whole sequence is beautiful. In midst of the temple ruins two pain-ridden individuals heal each other a bit unexpectedly.  How beautifully has fate interweaved these two strangers together.

Holi-Festival of colors

“There are 365 days in a year and you will meet all the colours of life throughout the year: The blue, the black, the pink… Only blue is not a life, only pink is not a life, only black is not a life! Life is all the colours!” 

― Mehmet Murat ildan

Holi is another special occasion in AM’s life as it is the first festival which they celebrate together. The night before the actual function is iconic. BB finds Misthi’s earrings in Abir’s things and gives Kunal the task to find out who they belong too. Kunal asks his bhai about them and Abir says “Samaj lay teri Bhabhi ka hain” He says that in jest and just for fun’s sake but BB is hanging on to his every word and later proceeds to throw the earrings in the bonfire citing the fact that how all bad things need to burned. Abir however, steps in front of fire and manages to save the earrings and tells BB that these belong to the person who brought Ketki back so they are indebted to her and he will make sure they reach their rightful owner. Disgruntled by his Maa’s behavior he leaves for the mandir and distributes sweets amongst kids. He muses on how holi is celebrated every year but there is still so much evil in the world and he prays that “Kisi ko burai/paap kay saath jeena na seekhna padhay” At the other end Misthi’s whole world comes crashing down as she witnesses her own father blackmailing her BM for money. She manages to steal the money bag from her father and storms away on her cycle. This is when Abir meets her again. “Rajkot mian bullet train” he says as he sees her speeding of on her cycle. Naman asks Abir for help as someone has stolen something from him. Abir rushes to intercept the chor and is surprised to find out that it’s a girl. “Larkiyan toh ajj kal har field main aghay nikal rahi hain” he muses to himself as he is kind of impressed with this bold woman in front of him. For the first time he addresses her as angry chorni and throws color on her face. He tells her that “Tum galat kar rahi ho” she is wiping the color off from her face and at the same time trying to yank off the bag from his hands a lone tear falls from her eyes and she says “Galat toh who tha jo ho raha tha main toh bas ussay sahi karnay ki koshish kar rahi hu” and just like that he believes her and lets her go. As fate would have it they meet again the very next day as their families have mutual friends and there are talks about Kuku’s ristha. A chance encounter again brings them face to face. Abir has thrown color on her unknowingly and she wants revenge. She hides behind the pillar and witnesses Abir in all his swag telling other people  “Jo mujhay rangnay ahatay hain meray hi rang main rang jaatay hain” as he walks away she calls out to him. “Par aaj main tumhay apnay ranh main rang du gi” and tries to throw color at him. They both see each other for the first time and we also get our first suno moment. 

Friends

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” 

― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

Chance encounters make sure that both AM keep crossing eachother’s paths. The ristha gets exchanged and Abir tries his best to mould things in such a way that the Mashewaris are compelled to consider the ristha. At Ketki’s sangeet as Mish arrives with her family he is mesmerized to see her and can’t seem to fathom why he is suddenly feeling so sad about the fact that the Mahs are considering the ristha. In midst of everything else Misthi manages to find him as she wants his help to figure out her stance on her courtship demand “Iss ghar main aik tum hi toh meray dost ho” He is surprised “Hum dost hain?” . “Kyun nahi hain?” she asks him to which he replies that they indeed our friends. Over the course of time we see how these two cuties become the best of friends. The share countless moments where they motivate each other and even confide in each other. When she is confused about her courtship demand and is contemplating  is she is doing the right thing he tells her that she is doing the right thing and she should believe in herself. When he is feeling low after Ketki’s marriage is called off she finds him by the river side. Overwhelmed by all his emotions he hugs her and than tells her “Tum awesome ho”Their bond is reflected in Misthi’s words “Kay yay matter nahi karta kay dosti kitni purani hain yay matter karta hain kay dosti kitni gehri hain”. In spite of knowing each other for just a brief period these two have managed to forge a very strong bond with each other.

Painting 

“I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.” 

― Frida Kahlo

The painting is the first object that gives a voice to Abir’s feelings. 

“Jo baat mujay say keh na payay

Alafaz saray mil kar bhi 

Woh bolti tasveer hain” 

He can’t seem to give a name to the onslaught of feelings he has for Misthi. He is confused but when he is asked to make a painting as a center piece for his exhibition unknowingly, he paints her. Parul Maasi told him to paint from his heart and as he looks at the picture that has now filled the blank canvas he sinks to the ground. Misthi is not supposed to be his as she has been promised to his brother but yet his heart believes that she belongs to him and him only. As Mishti ask him about the painting “Kitni pretty hain?” He tells her  “ Ghar jaisi simple si sada si lakin bohot khoobsurat” these words are so impactful as we get to know that the wanderer/banjara Abir considers her to be his home. On the day of the exhibition she again asks him about the painting and is worried that somehow that painting has affected him greatly. “Main bas itna jaanta hu kay mera iss say bohot ghera ristha hain who ristha kyun hain kiya hain main nahi jaan ta” he tells her that he has a very deep bond with girl in his painting but he can’t seem to give a name to this bond and his feelings. Later that day when a fire breaks out in the exhibition venue she stays back and tries to keep his painting safe “Abir yay painting tumhari liya bohot important hain na” she hands it over to him and finally gives a name to his feelings. He finally acknowledges that he is in love with her. The painting makes a reappearance when he tries to make her jealous by telling her that he has a special painting wali in his life. As fate would have it she stumbles on the painting by mistake and is surprised to find out that he painted her and that he loves her. As she goes back home that night she breaks down “Abir nay meri painting banai woh mujah say pyar karta hain” she can’t believe it as she didn’t think she was worthy of love but this boy just went ahead and immortalized her in a painting. On some other day e tries to show her the painting and tells her  that he has finally figured out what his painting wali means to him but she runs away without looking at it. One thing is certain though that days she gets to know that even she is in love with him.

Little things

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.” 

? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

AM has made me fall in love with them because of the little things they did for each other.  For me the sweetest AM moment was when Abir gifted Mish a new pair of glasses.“Misthi yay choti si baat hain tum aisay kyun react kar rahi ho” He asks her when she is visibly affected by his gesture.“Abir subah say inta kuch ho raha tha kisi nay iss baat oar dehayn hi nahi diya kay mera chasma toot gaya tha” She tells him how nobody bothered about her glasses but he did. It might be a little thing for him but it means a lot. “Aik shezadi jis ka chasma hi uss ki pechaan hain” Abir says this to her when they are in Champnar. Such simple words but how beautifully they convey the love Abir has for her. Glasses in our South Asian society have always been looked down upon. Girls are mostly told that they look better without them. I am one such girl. I have been wearing glasses since grade 5 and I have been made fun of but as Mish said these glasses are a part of me. They are a part of my personality. Too see a guy like Abir appreciating Mish for them and for making her realize that he loves her with or without glasses. The way they handled this particular subject was so profound more often ITV FLs are shown to be gorgeous and their makeup is always on point or they are shown to be extra simple Mish though is shown to be so real , the true face of what an empowered women should be like. The fact that Abir loves her the way she is became even clearer due to this particular sequence. For he cares about the girl behind the frames. The specialty of AM is in the little things such as forehead kisses, accidental hand touches, intense eye locks, deliberate intertwining of hands, a painting , a shoe, a pair of earrings, a cup of coffee   and a red balloon. They make us see beauty in simplicity.

Something more

“What could be more than being friends? What could be more than what it felt like to wait by the phone to hear that she was okay? More than waiting to discuss every case with her?” 

― Sonali Dev, A Distant Heart

As time goes on they become something more than friends they both love each-other but they are in no mood to confess it to each-other. In this phase we got some beautiful sequences such as the coffee one and the aankon ki gustakain one we also get to see our babies exchanging a series of video calls, texts and other calls. Some of the most iconic lines they said during this phase are mentioned below:

“Pyar bohot qismat walon ko milta hain aur agar meri qismat main pyar hain toh main ussay aisay hi nahi janay du ga”

“Tumhari liay Abir, tum nay hamesha mera saath diya hain hamesha meri problems fix ki hain”

“Sach bohot khoobsurat hota hain Misthi tumhara dil saaf hain iss liay toh itna khoobsurat hain”

“ Jaanti hu kay tum hamesha mera saath doh gay aur main tumhara”

“Tum galtiyan thoda kam kiya karo aur tum thodi zyada”

“Puri dunya say alag ho tum”

“Tumharay jaisa life partner mujhay mil hi nahi sakta tha kyun tum mujhay badlna  nahi chaatay”

I would like to cap it off with Abir’s beautiful Shayri:

“Hain aik ristha aur bhi bay-daag say bay-naam sa

Tapti darthi kay liay baarish kay paigaam sa

Naam rakha toh zamanay ko khabar lag jayay gi

Mujhay dar hain uss ko dunya ki nazar lag jayay gi

Waisay bhi kab naam ki dil ko hui daarkar hain

Dil toh hamesha jaanta hain

Yay pyaar hain hah pyar hain”

He then goes on to claim that his heart actually doesn’t need him to label his feelings for her because the heart knows that these are not just mere feelings what he is feeling is real love which is why he is so afraid to lose it. 

After 115 episodes and a plethora of Mishbir moments we have finally reached the stage where they confess their love to each other. 

My gosh zara..i m out of words u literally made me relive all those beautiful mishbir moments again that too with so much ecstasy...i m overwhelmed with so many emotions rightnow..

i would qoute abir here.."tum awesome hon"❤️🤗

thank you thank you thank you so muchhh for writing thissss😳

-Viji- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Zara this was so so beautiful just like our Mish and Abir❤️

Your post just took me to those beautiful memories of these two! 

They are the best to me in ITV, and they will be, for me! 

Loved this post and love Mishbir! ❤️

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meen123

Zara I journeyed the whole episodes through your words 🤗🤗🤗

Same I had been watching just to entertain myself. I had given up hope that any show could enter my heart and soul and this did and I'm so glad 

Meen yaar omg this took me a lot of time to write but I wanted to do this for so long but couldn't find the time. Thank you so much 🤗 Yeah the show caught all of us off guard.

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Viji-

Zara this was so so beautiful just like our Mish and Abir❤️

Your post just took me to those beautiful memories of these two! 

They are the best to me in ITV, and they will be, for me! 

Loved this post and love Mishbir! ❤️

Hey Viji thank you so much🤗 Mishbir well they are just magical I can't seem to stop raving about them lol.  Your kind words made my day thanks again for all the love.

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.akabane

My gosh zara..i m out of words u literally made me relive all those beautiful mishbir moments again that too with so much ecstasy...i m overwhelmed with so many emotions rightnow..

i would qoute abir here.."tum awesome hon"❤️🤗

thank you thank you thank you so muchhh for writing thissss😳

Hey

Yeah I myself went through all those moments again. The Mishbir journey has been beautiful so far. Aww thanks for that Abirlcious comment 🤗. No worries I am going to stop posting regularly from now on so I wanted to leave you guys with something good.

coolove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Really lovely analysis 

Thank you for this 

I just love all the quotes you use, they fit so well with your analysis 

It seems like you are an avid reader 

But, yeah what a lovely and simple moment we got to see yesterday, it suited Mishbir so well ❤️💕

iamthat2019 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

So beautifully put Zara!!!!! The way you write ,it seems you are in front of us telling a story. Awesome 👏