The Red Sweater - RoNakshi OS

basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Bonjour everyone! It's Hinal again, and as the usual, I'm here with another OS :)

This one kind of came into my mind after the whole red sweater incident between Rohit and Sonakshi. And so, the only thing I could do after that was pen it out. It's fairly short, but I hope it makes you smile (as I was while writing it!)

As usual, please do let me know what you thought of the OS. It's really encouraging to read your comments!

PS. I'm thinking about creating an index for all my KHKT/RoNakshi works. I'll post the link up in the next OS I post if I end up going with that idea :)

The Red Sweater

It had been an incredibly frustrating day with constant interruption from the channel during shooting. Our TRPs had dropped a bit - probably due to the maha-episode of our rival show - but the channel was worried, and so they wanted every single frame of the next episode to be perfect and masaal-e-daar.

I can just imagine how Rohit is going to react when I tell him about the scenes I shot today; I laughed at the thought itself. I tried to defend the show for the most part, but this was beyond even my understanding. I had shot Netra ji a stern look when the director was describing the scenes, but even her hands were tied for the next episode.

And so I had to keep my reservations to myself and go ahead with the filming.

After the long shoot, I had a couple of interviews to do with some journalists. It was only after I finished all that was I able to head home.

I called Muniya and asked her to prepare my dinner so that it'd be ready by the time I go home.

As Shankar drove me home, I tried calling Rohit who was currently in Delhi for a medical conference. All I wanted to do was hug him right now, or even just talk to him, but of course he was busy. I threw my phone to the side, partially angry at him despite it being no fault of his. He had told me he would hardly have time to talk to me, and while at the moment it didn't seem too bad, it was only now that I was realizing how much I hated it.

Ever since we had made our relationship official, we made sure to talk to each other at least once in a day. It had been three days since we last spoke!

Who would've thought I'd be feeling this way again, that too about Rohit!

"We've reached! Good night Sonakshi ma'am!" Shankar said, turning back to face me.

"Good night Shankar! See you tomorrow at 8am sharp, okay?" I told him, as he nodded.

I headed up, washed my hands and quickly sat at the table. The apartment was quiet so I just assumed everyone had already went to bed. Regardless, Muniya had made my bean salad and soup, so I began eating right away. I'd barely had the time to eat during the entire day today!

As soon as I finished, I went to grab a shower. I came out in my bathrobe and just sat on the bed. Picking up my phone, I attempted to call Rohit again - hoping he'd pick up at least this time.

To my dismay, he of course didn't. And so, I did the only thing I could to take my mind off his absence; I wore his sweater with a pair of shorts. I hugged myself tight, taking in the smell of his cologne as his sweater hung around my frame loosely.

I had "given" him his favourite red sweater back last week just so I could have it for when I was missing him and his warm hugs - as I was right now.

---

"Wait why are you giving it back to me? I thought you loved it!" he looked really confused.

"I'm not returning it to you Rohit," I explained to him. "But you'll be gone next week!"

He raised his eyebrows as if asking me, So what?

"I want you to wear it every night and then drop it off before you leave for Delhi," I said very casually.

His smile slowly turned into a smirk as he pulled me closer to him, "You're going to miss me that much?"

I rolled my eyes, "Stop teasing me about it! You know I will," I said the last bit softly. I absolutely hated it when I didn't get to see him for more than a couple of days at once.

He kissed my forehead, "I'll miss you too!" he added, his own voice as soothing and melodious as it could be. "But what will I do? I can't even fit in one of your shirts or sweaters," he said, while - wait was he actually pouting?

I smiled, "Awwh! I got you something too, don't worry!"

I pulled out the pillow a fan had sent on my last birthday. It was a pink fluffy pillow with a picture of me in the middle. I passed it to him with the most sincere look I could, only to witness the most distressed look I've seen of his. It was too difficult to maintain my posture. His expression was worth capturing but I didn't have the discipline to hold back my laughter any longer. I guess he figured out I was joking because he scoffed, "I thought you were serious Sonakshi! You know how creepy I find those pillows of yours!"

"Excuse me, they're not creepy," I argued.

"Oh please, who likes to see their pictures on pillows everywhere? Certainly not sane people!"

I punched him (lightly of course), "Rohittt, my fans send that to me because they love me. It's not nice to say that."

"Whatever you say, it's still creepy."

I shook my head and smiled.

"So wait, you actually don't have anything for me? What if I miss you and feel like hugging you? This isn't fair!" he scrunched his eyebrows accusingly.

Heading over to him again, I placed a soft kiss on his lips. "This is for you," I whispered as I placed my oversized crew neck on him. (Oversized on me but not him, obviously).

He pulled me back towards him and kissed me back. "I love you!"

"I love you too Rohit!"

---

I smiled as I recollected the memory.

*I miss you Doctor Surgeon! Come back soon!* I sent him a quick message before heading to bed, content in his warm (sweater's) embrace.

Edited by basket_101 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anuka1 thumbnail

OMG I love this!!!! I really can't wait for cute moments like this on the show!! You're killing me here with your amazing writing!!! 

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awwww!! This is so so so cute!! I absolutely adore it! Ronakshi are <3333

My cuties!! I am so desperately waiting for them to become an official couple so that we get such cute scenes!! AHHHHHHH! <3333333

natzcreado thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Wow!!!! This is amazing and soooo damn sweet. Loved it...

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awwww that was so damn cuteeee! 

I totally loved it!!! 

And yes you should make an index of your works! 

basket_101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anuka1

OMG I love this!!!! I really can't wait for cute moments like this on the show!! You're killing me here with your amazing writing!!! 

Awwh thank you soo much! πŸ˜³ That's so kind of you! I'm really glad that you enjoy this OS that much! And honestly, I can't wait for such scenes too! Just imagining it has me smiling so wide, idk how I'll react when I actually see it on screen! 

GeekyBean thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘All these kisses for you for such a cute and fine story. It actually made me go Awwww😍. Your OS's just make me wish that all these scenes can be seen in show. Best ha Hinal.

P.S Index is actually a pretty good idea if it's not too much hassle for you.

basket_101 thumbnail

Thank youu!! :)

basket_101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Awwww!! This is so so so cute!! I absolutely adore it! Ronakshi are <3333

My cuties!! I am so desperately waiting for them to become an official couple so that we get such cute scenes!! AHHHHHHH! <3333333

Awwh, thank you sooo much Prags!! β˜ΊοΈ I'm really glad to read that! Trust me, I was smiling the ENTIRE time as I wrote this and re-read it for edits. I'm so glad this reaction was paralleled by you too!!

I'm a bit concerned with the pace of their story atm, but fingers crossed! Anywho, can't wait to see such moments with them too! It's gonna be such a treat to the eye!!

Thanks once again for your lovely comment! <3

basket_101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: natzcreado

Wow!!!! This is amazing and soooo damn sweet. Loved it...

Aah, thanks soo much!! πŸ˜ƒ Really glad that you enjoyed reading this!! The scene of him giving his sweater to her was too symbolic to let it go to waste ;)