To ASHI and RANDEEP, With LOVE

WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Dear All,

I hope you all have not forgotten me. I know I have been a silent reader for some time now. Somehow , dont seem to be able to pen down anything. But today if I didnt  write , I felt it wouldnt be fair to TWO people who had the power to capture my heart through their roles as NAINA and SAMEER.

To begin with, have you all ever thought what made YUDKBH loved by people of all age group?? After all its just a  love story. Two people fall in love , their struggles to get married and then to succeed in life. Most love stories do have a similar plot but even then we found this unique, right ?? I would yes , this show had its own beauty and different from the rest of the love stories. The reality is , when a person reads a love story , he or she has the freedom to imagine those scenes but when you have to bring the very same story on to the screen , you are actually seeing a director's version of this story on the screen. There by, bringing a story on the screen is much more difficult than writing a story because many a times the visuals can create conflict with the viewers imagination.

Does that mean , a brilliant direction /screen play /dialogue / Sound track can save an onscreen show??? NOPE!! Even if you have all this in place imagine if the leads are not able to pull it off!! Thats where Ashi and Randeep did wonders to this show. Many a times there were tracks/episodes that were not liked by the viewers even then the viewers waited with batted eyes to watch "Sameer and Naina" moment every day. Thats what Ashi and Randeep did to the viewers of this show. They managed to capture those millions of hearts ,enticed us through their seamless acting. I am not saying that the rest of the characters didnt matter. They mattered but the USP of this show was, is and always will be Sameer , Naina and their moments.

This post is for my favorite lead pair " ASHI AND RANDEEP " and to their "MOMENTS"

Prior to this show I have watched Randeep's other works. I have always felt he very talented and was a fine actor but he never got recognised for his works and I wondered why...probably there was something that was missing...something that is not holding it together...just that I couldnt find what it was. Then  I happen to see the first promo of this show. I didnt recognise him initially, infact I searched on the web to know the name of the actors and when I came to know it was Randeep I was in for a shock because his appearence was so different , to top it all he had reduced weight and looked like absolute 17 yr old.

To tell you all the truth, my decision to watch the show was because of the promo. It had a charm of its own , in fact every promo of this show has been brilliantly shot but the decision to continue watching was sealed on the first episode. The moment I saw two young girls cycling to the school , I knew I was going to watch it till they decide to shut it down. True to my words I have watched every episode of this show.

Having said this , ( have to be honest ) I thought it would turn out to be some school romance story and I waited eagerly for the leads to meet and to see what difference would Randeep bring in here, along with this new cute looking girl....and the moment I saw the corridor scene , I understood that "missing" point. This time he had got a lead who could look into his eyes and romance with the same passion as he did. She never wavered , was able to locks those "eye locks" and yearning look expected from a lead lady of a romance story.This is a key factor for a love story and the lead pair to succeed on screen. The viewers should be able to see the couple as ONE and not two good actors leading the story.

And as the days progressed , the plot started unfolding and the lead characters started blossoming in their own way. . One of the best thing that I like is that , here both the leads are strong when it comes to their acting skills and they complement each other . They are a great team. We might not have got a lot of their "off screen" videos but we got a lot of their "ON SCREEN" chemistry. We see them as ONE . And when they are in the same frame, they literally set the screen on fire. Even a simple hand hold can make a viewer's heart skip a beat. Isnt that what matters??!! Isnt that what love story is all about ??Not even once did we feel that Ashi and Randeep were struggling with their roles. May it be school/ Delhi/College/Marriage/As parent / As professionals....you name it , they have done it.

Among all the "Sameer and Naina "moments there are few scenes which are my favorite and today I would want to share it with you all....

1) The way they met at the corridor. That scene in which they look into each other's eyes is like they are searching for a lost piece from their puzzle board. The way he kept looking at her said it all.

2) The class room scene before the debate competition. Him realising that there is something common between them. The pain of not having parents or a home that they can call as their own was so nicely emoted by the two. Here silence spoke volumes.

3) Mein tumhe pyar se dhantun??!! in response Randeep as Sameer's expression was priceless.

4) Mt Abu track, the way she brings him to her room and says "Mujhe chintha karne ki adhath hain, isiliye adhath dal dho" . Simple yet a very powerful dialogue  delivered effortlessly.

5) Their telephone conversations. Body language is something that never fails when it comes to Ashi and Randeep as Sameer and Naina. Sameer holding the pillow close to his heart and Naina holding that teddy bear, while on phone...so much like teenagers in love.

6) Back hugs. From the first back hug at Mt Abu till the latest one during Mumbai track, they have managed to keep us glued to the screen.

7) I never knew the word "Acha " could be spoken in so many varients. Randeep , full credit goes to you.

8) They not only romance with their eyes but every handhold gaves their viewers a million reasons to smile.

9) Consumation scene was a visual treat. It was done so beautifully. Not even once felt dirty or vulgur . Rather it looked realistic. In this case we have to accept director's brilliance .

10) Their fights , especially the ones after marriage made me laugh most of the times. I am sure Randeep and Ashi are good observers too. Here agian, body language have been on spot. One of the scenes in which Naina gets angry and turns to the other side on the bed.... The way Sameer comes close to her and keeps his head on hers , then when he doesnt get a favored response , he slowly pokes her shoulder with his index finger....was so funny..typical husband!!. These are small moments but of significance because this is what makes them as a pair exceed than the others.

11) Every emotional scene, has been translated on to the screen flawlessly . The one that takes the trophy for this is when , she realises that she isnt pregnant and then goes to the kitchen and cries. The way Sameer back hugs her and consoles was so beautifully performed by both of them.

12)There are many more scenes that made me smile , cry , laugh .....but for me the best scene till now, is "Bahon ki Dharmiyan" . Even though both of them are un married and so young , that scene in which Sameer back hugs a pregnant Naina and paints their dream on canvas was so beautiful.  The way Sameer nuzzles her forehead , and in response the way she looks at him and caresses his face ...was so on the spot....everything about it was good. The emotions/body language/eye lock....just too good to be true. I am short of words when it comes to describing that scene.This is where Randeep and Ashi as actors have to be appreciated.

I am sure we will be seing them doing different roles in future, but them as "SAMIANA" is etched in the heart of their millions of fans. They will be getting new roles and shows much bigger than this one, but as their fan, when I hear the name Randeep and Ashi , the faces that comes to my mind will be that of Sameer and Naina.

You cant blame me for this Ashi and Randeep. Its your flawless performance in YUDKBH made it impossible for me as a viewers to see you both different from Sameer and Naina. I would take this oppurtunity to thank the two of you for entertaining us and hope to see you both soon on screen again. All the very best in life . keep smiling and God Bless!!

Thanks and Regards
Ashwathy

PS: Pls do share your thoughts on Randeep and Ashi as Sameer and Naina and SAMIANA moments .

Edited by WeRockTheWorld - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-HJ- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Res

P.S. I am yet to read but I think I have to say few words for both of them. I am not sure you know me but I do :P

I will respond soon. :)

umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Just read this post and it is beautiful, heartfelt 👏

will read again and get back!!

_________

Just brilliant 👏- you  have so minutely observed their acting and beautifully interpreted some of the most loved scenes..⭐️

Agree with each and every word that you have written. I am not a veteran ITV watcher.. this is the second show that I did not miss a single epi.. When I first came across the promo, though it piqued my interest - my initial thoughts were - ok more cheesy teenage romance.  Happy to say that the first, next and subsequent episodes proved all my perspectives wrong.😳 This show with its unique and fresh content and execution has made it very very memorable and most of the credit should go to Ashi and Randeep.

What you say is very correct. One may have the best of the script, screenplay, writers, direction etc - but if you do not have the actors to deliver the content with conviction - that unique idea gets lost..

Another point that is very appreciative of these two - they being these generation youngsters, portraying 90s range of life from school kids to settled professionals must have been a great challenge and they rose up to it so wonderfully.👏. Innocence and purity in Samaina's relationship has my heart.❤️.infact - think this is the feel good factor of the show!!

Randeep and Ashi - thank you for portraying Samaina....👏

Edited by umam - 4 years ago
ruchi3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Brilliant post dear.I will really miss them and i dont know how i will get over sameer and naina.Till now i am unable to watch randeep in any show other than sameer.Infact i am sad that he changed his look.Anyways life is to move on but sameer and naina will always be there pivotal roles.I am also not sure if they will get such roles in future specially randeep as most shows are pathtic and male leads hv nothing to do.So all in all i dont expect any chemistry can come clise to there chemistry .They both are brilliant actors no doubt .All the scenes u mentioned are such beauties.The show is set in 90 and handled in a poetic way which made it more beautiful.It is rare to find such shows which had so much popularity too.Ihope these brilliant actors get there due .This show cant be repeated and these comes once in a lifetime.Like u i too hv not missed any episode and the only show which i watched till end.

toshibelekar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: WeRockTheWorld

Dear All,

I hope you all have not forgotten me. I know I have been a silent reader for some time now. Somehow , dont seem to be able to pen down anything. But today if I didnt  write , I felt it wouldnt be fair to TWO people who had the power to capture my heart through their roles as NAINA and SAMEER.

To begin with, have you all ever thought what made YUDKBH loved by people of all age group?? After all its just a  love story. Two people fall in love , their struggles to get married and then to succeed in life. Most love stories do have a similar plot but even then we found this unique, right ?? I would yes , this show had its own beauty and different from the rest of the love stories. The reality is , when a person reads a love story , he or she has the freedom to imagine those scenes but when you have to bring the very same story on to the screen , you are actually seeing a director's version of this story on the screen. There by, bringing a story on the screen is much more difficult than writing a story because many a times the visuals can create conflict with the viewers imagination.

Does that mean , a brilliant direction /screen play /dialogue / Sound track can save an onscreen show??? NOPE!! Even if you have all this in place imagine if the leads are not able to pull it off!! Thats where Ashi and Randeep did wonders to this show. Many a times there were tracks/episodes that were not liked by the viewers even then the viewers waited with batted eyes to watch "Sameer and Naina" moment every day. Thats what Ashi and Randeep did to the viewers of this show. They managed to capture those millions of hearts ,enticed us through their seamless acting. I am not saying that the rest of the characters didnt matter. They mattered but the USP of this show was, is and always will be Sameer , Naina and their moments.

This post is for my favorite lead pair " ASHI AND RANDEEP " and to their "MOMENTS"

Prior to this show I have watched Randeep's other works. I have always felt he very talented and was a fine actor but he never got recognised for his works and I wondered why...probably there was something that was missing...something that is not holding it together...just that I couldnt find what it was. Then  I happen to see the first promo of this show. I didnt recognise him initially, infact I searched on the web to know the name of the actors and when I came to know it was Randeep I was in for a shock because his appearence was so different , to top it all he had reduced weight and looked like absolute 17 yr old.

To tell you all the truth, my decision to watch the show was because of the promo. It had a charm of its own , in fact every promo of this show has been brilliantly shot but the decision to continue watching was sealed on the first episode. The moment I saw two young girls cycling to the school , I knew I was going to watch it till they decide to shut it down. True to my words I have watched every episode of this show.

Having said this , ( have to be honest ) I thought it would turn out to be some school romance story and I waited eagerly for the leads to meet and to see what difference would Randeep bring in here, along with this new cute looking girl....and the moment I saw the corridor scene , I understood that "missing" point. This time he had got a lead who could look into his eyes and romance with the same passion as he did. She never wavered , was able to locks those "eye locks" and yearning look expected from a lead lady of a romance story.This is a key factor for a love story and the lead pair to succeed on screen. The viewers should be able to see the couple as ONE and not two good actors leading the story.

And as the days progressed , the plot started unfolding and the lead characters started blossoming in their own way. . One of the best thing that I like is that , here both the leads are strong when it comes to their acting skills and they complement each other . They are a great team. We might not have got a lot of their "off screen" videos but we got a lot of their "ON SCREEN" chemistry. We see them as ONE . And when they are in the same frame, they literally set the screen on fire. Even a simple hand hold can make a viewer's heart skip a beat. Isnt that what matters??!! Isnt that what love story is all about ??Not even once did we feel that Ashi and Randeep were struggling with their roles. May it be school/ Delhi/College/Marriage/As parent / As professionals....you name it , they have done it.

Among all the "Sameer and Naina "moments there are few scenes which are my favorite and today I would want to share it with you all....

1) The way they met at the corridor. That scene in which they look into each other's eyes is like they are searching for a lost piece from their puzzle board. The way he kept looking at her said it all.

2) The class room scene before the debate competition. Him realising that there is something common between them. The pain of not having parents or a home that they can call as their own was so nicely emoted by the two. Here silence spoke volumes.

3) Mein tumhe pyar se dhantun??!! in response Randeep as Sameer's expression was priceless.

4) Mt Abu track, the way she brings him to her room and says "Mujhe chintha karne ki adhath hain, isiliye adhath dal dho" . Simple yet a very powerful dialogue  delivered effortlessly.

5) Their telephone conversations. Body language is something that never fails when it comes to Ashi and Randeep as Sameer and Naina. Sameer holding the pillow close to his heart and Naina holding that teddy bear, while on phone...so much like teenagers in love.

6) Back hugs. From the first back hug at Mt Abu till the latest one during Mumbai track, they have managed to keep us glued to the screen.

7) I never knew the word "Acha " could be spoken in so many varients. Randeep , full credit goes to you.

8) They not only romance with their eyes but every handhold gaves their viewers a million reasons to smile.

9) Consumation scene was a visual treat. It was done so beautifully. Not even once felt dirty or vulgur . Rather it looked realistic. In this case we have to accept director's brilliance .

10) Their fights , especially the ones after marriage made me laugh most of the times. I am sure Randeep and Ashi are good observers too. Here agian, body language have been on spot. One of the scenes in which Naina gets angry and turns to the other side on the bed.... The way Sameer comes close to her and keeps his head on hers , then when he doesnt get a favored response , he slowly pokes her shoulder with his index finger....was so funny..typical husband!!. These are small moments but of significance because this is what makes them as a pair exceed than the others.

11) Every emotional scene, has been translated on to the screen flawlessly . The one that takes the trophy for this is when , she realises that she isnt pregnant and then goes to the kitchen and cries. The way Sameer back hugs her and consoles was so beautifully performed by both of them.

12)There are many more scenes that made me smile , cry , laugh .....but for me the best scene till now, is "Bahon ki Dharmiyan" . Even though both of them are un married and so young , that scene in which Sameer back hugs a pregnant Naina and paints their dream on canvas was so beautiful.  The way Sameer nuzzles her forehead , and in response the way she looks at him and caresses his face ...was so on the spot....everything about it was good. The emotions/body language/eye lock....just too good to be true. I am short of words when it comes to describing that scene.This is where Randeep and Ashi as actors have to be appreciated.

I am sure we will be seing them doing different roles in future, but them as "SAMIANA" is etched in the heart of their millions of fans. They will be getting new roles and shows much bigger than this one, but as their fan, when I hear the name Randeep and Ashi , the faces that comes to my mind will be that of Sameer and Naina.

You cant blame me for this Ashi and Randeep. Its your flawless performance in YUDKBH made it impossible for me as a viewers to see you both different from Sameer and Naina. I would take this oppurtunity to thank the two of you for entertaining us and hope to see you both soon on screen again. All the very best in life . keep smiling and God Bless!!

Thanks and Regards
Ashwathy

PS: Pls do share your thoughts on Randeep and Ashi as Sameer and Naina and SAMIANA moments .

This speaks our whole heart feelings for Samaina. I shared this on twitter hope you don't mind. 

https://twitter.com/BelekarS1975/status/1161549062631493637?s=19

Edited by toshibelekar - 4 years ago
sakina.hozefa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hi ashwathy

Thnks for penning down such beautiful post. And I always like to read ur pov n stories. 

Ashi told in one of latest iv that show is ending on good note n I m glad it is rather it got stretched like a rubber band w/d stories where we all have fed. Now we can preserve in our heart a a beautiful memory n remember it.

To be honest but this show a also gave lots of lesson in life spcl trusting on love ones, selfless now, understanding other pov. It won't be possible w/d this young energetic n talented actor.

Infact I liked all the actors of show weather in normal or grey shade (except one or two coz of their acting)

But spcl mention to our leads n how they complimated each other n make us feel samaina as one. The best part was all the emotional scene look to the point n not a for sec looked over. How I cud try wid Dem or smile on their accivement or was  in fear during nainaz marraige track or many name of Sharad use to give me legit goosebumps.

In todays era where we found so much pda movents everywhere, how  simple hand touch or eyes lock made all of blush or butterflies in our stomach, in a power of real acting n their hard work to be precise. If will start abt mentioning wat I like abt this show n actors this post will turn to SS, but yes definitely u mentioned almost everything. But wen we talking abt randeep n ashi I adored their professionalism, u knw y dnt they require to post so many offscreen moments, as it was good for us n for show too, coz abundance of everything will loose it's importance n that's y we had always crave for them as s samaina. They both have lived n breathed like samaina, which they have told us again n again coz we cud feel it.

What amaze me a lot was pregnancy track, how ashi has completed behave like a pregnant lady during last trimister, the body language was perfect n after delivery that scene bowled wid such a perfect acting. Even liked how randeep act as a helpless father wen his wife was in labour or stuck in lift. That scene will remain special as they both have never experienced this emotions but yes brilliantly portray it. 

But actors deserve kudos.

Lastly this show is special to most of them as for randeep it brought is break after 3-4 yrs of struggle for ashi though it was her 1st show but yes but she do have struggle a lot to get her first step towards success. We got other gem actors like raghav Sanjay Ayesha Kristina n the main cast n also new add on cast.

This show will be missed for ever but writers like u will not.make us miss it. By penning down beautiful os ss aur FF.

I wud be waiting for ur next work on samiana.

Bye take care

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Ashu what a special post and way to show what the show means to us. I don't have much to say as I'm feeling so nostalgic after reading your post. The special moments mentioned by you took me down the memory lane from the first episode itself.

Thanks for making the post and I loved it and I'll love YUDKBH always. It's really special ❤️🤗

divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Will miss not only Ashdeep , but the entire cast :( 

bmk28 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Oh wow.. what a beautiful post.. I will bookmark it as its written with so much love, affection and respect for Ashi and Randeep... 

Samaina and Ashdeep are interchangeable for me.. They are immersed so well and they have given me such a wholesome entertainment that its difficult to describe in words. 

First promo.. Cute girl with pigtails.. 90s set up and boy with messy hair.. I thought I will watch some school romance and it would be fun.. But 1st episode blew me and I havent missed till end.. It started as a story for sameer and Naina. But later it became the only reason for me to watch - Samaina moments. There is not a single point about which I can criticize about them thought I can about track or presentation.. Its AshDeep who brought this show to this level and so far. I hope their upcoming journey is fruitful and successful. 

I am very choosy in giving my personal time beyond I watch celebrity on tv or in a movie. I have fan girled very few and they are from years. AshDeep got added to that list. Looking forward for their upcoming professional journey. 

WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

@-HJ- Thanks for reading and will eagerly wait to read your thoughts on our Samiana

Edited by WeRockTheWorld - 4 years ago