Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

This is highly gripping and fascinating. I absolutely loved the conversation in the car. But the best part came towards the end which took an emotional turn and explored Rishabh's psyche and showed a man unwilling to part with something which reminds him of better times. 

Aw, thank you! That's so kind! I'm so glad you did, I agree, Rishabh is a very broken man trying to pretend he's doing fine, his entire life is his work, which now includes the woman who broke his heart. 

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: oa2019

lol at the sing song. great chapter tho. can't wait to find out more.

Haha, glad you liked that part, I was rewatching Baazigar! 

New chapter up in 30! 

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

Thank you for updating 💕

No problem! Thank you for reading:)

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Part 6~

A shadow of a smile lit up Rishabh’s face, the sound of the ticking clock only made him reminisce the time he continued to waste remembering things he was best off forgetting. Having her so close to him and yet so far away had struck his heart in a way nothing had, the tumbler of scotch having been refilled a multitude of times in the early hours of the morning as he scrolled through pictures on his phone.

“Oh, it’s you again” placing her hands on her hips, she tapped the heel of her shoe against the table leg. “Are you following me?”

He spluttered “You really think a lot of yourself, hmm? There are no spare seats, so” he pulled the chair out and plopped into it, “I’m your new date”.

Prerna allowed her gaze to run across the busying cafĂŠ “And you couldn’t have found anywhere else to sit other than beside me?” Shaking her head, she began to collect her laptop and files “I’m not in the mood for company, thanks though” she nodded, shoved her work in her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

“I get this funny feeling” he waited for her to stop, then sipped his scolding coffee. “That you don’t really like my presence”.

Scoffing, she stomped back to the table “You are inconsiderate, rude and I don’t even think you know the meaning of manners, regardless of how much I try I can’t seem to go anywhere where you’re not, I don’t care that you’re amazing at your job and new in this city, I have no interest in being your friend or spending any more time around you then I have to”.

Rising slowly, he smirked “If not my friend, then how about a date? If you still hate me as much as you do now, I’ll never bother you again”.

Hiding her chest with her bag, she pursed her lips “You’ll leave me alone after?”

“If that’s what you want” he shrugged. Truth be told he was taken in by her, she was stunning and her bold attitude had been something he wasn’t used to, no one ever really spoke back at him and she’d done so fearlessly and so many times, he wasn’t about to just let that go without seeing if it could go anywhere.

“Fine, one date, you can meet me here at eight” then she was walking away, annoyance clinging to her at even having to spend any more time with him, but if it meant him leaving her alone in the future then she’d make this one sacrifice, no matter how much she’d rather gauge her own eyes out.

“You know, they say that if someone is awake at this time they’re either in love, lonely or both, which one are you?” Prerna was now leaning against the door frame, a hot mug of tea in her hands as she looked at him patiently.

“Couldn’t I ask you the same thing?” He wasn’t in the mood to be spending time with her right now, all he wanted to do was bask in old memories and just for a little while pretend that nothing had changed, that she had loved him like she said she did and that none of it was a ploy to take him down.

“You could” she moved to sit on the chair next to his. “Lonely”.

“What?” His eyes held her in place, gaze so penetrating she could no longer move.

“I’m lonely, that’s why I’m awake, when I’m home I go down to the library and read to help me sleep” she kept her hand around the cup, using it as a crutch to just hold her in place. Unsure of why she’d even told him in the first place, she threw her head back and sighed, had she really felt that alone that confiding to the man who’d taken her away from all she knew seemed like a good idea? Clearly. “And I think you are too, you spend so much time chasing people only to end their lives, you come back to an empty house and by the job you do, I don’t think you have many friends”.

Slamming his fist on the table, he rose, shoving a hand messily through his greying hair “I am not one of your books that you can read in hopes of it sending you to sleep”. Rishabh massaged his forehead as he turned to face away from her “You don’t know me and I’d appreciate you not pretending you do”.

“If I’m going to be staying with you until” she paused, suddenly making sense of the whole situation. “Oh, wow” her face paled, hands shaking and her heart thumping.

“What?” He bit out, turning to watch her. He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t worried about her sudden reaction.

“You haven’t just taken me to keep me for a while, have you?” Prerna wanted to stand, to run, but she didn’t expect her legs to have the strength to hold her. “You’re either going to pass me off to someone else or kill me, right? No one ever gets kidnapped for a short while with the intention of returning them, it’s not like you’re holding me for ransom, you have enough money yourself and I have no one that cares for me enough to pay” she began to laugh, tears burning her eyes. “I guess keeping myself holed up in that library all alone has really come back to bite me on the ass” she’d always been the type of person to make light of a shit situation, but the ever-looming fear that she truly was alone and no one would even miss her if she was gone hurt more than the threat of death or worse. She felt stupid, how hadn’t she seen it before?

“Prerna” his voice was softer now as he knelt before her. “My intention isn’t to kill you, you have my word that when I have figured all of this out you can go back to living your life”.

“You don’t get it, that’s the problem, I have no life to go back to, no one to return to, no one will even care that I’m gone, the issue isn’t that you have taken me, it’s that nothing is waiting for me, you know the best thing for me is to develop Stockholm Syndrome, at least then I’ll have someone I actually feel something for” dropping her head to allow her hair to hide the tears on her cheeks, she jumped when he tipped her chin up.

“Trust me, having feelings for me may be the worst thing you ever do” he cupped her cheek. “People care for you, love you, you just don’t see them, everyone has touched lives, even the librarian who reads people like she reads books”.

“Thank you” she coughed to clear her throat. “At a guess, how long will you have me for?”

“A few months at the most” Rishabh’s brows furrowed at the way she almost fell back. “Hey, you okay?” He’d think later about the effects of him being so kind to her, but right now she needed someone and he wanted nothing more than to be that someone.

Prerna placed her hand on his cheek “I don’t know if a few months is something I can give you” she whispered, but in the time she could give him she would ensure to remind this man how to live, as, by the looks of it, it would be the last thing she ever did.

“Why not? Prerna, is there something you’re not telling me?”

She smiled “Yes, just like there are things you aren’t telling me, maybe I’ll tell you someday, someday when I’m sure we’re at least friends, not just abductor and abductee” walking around him, she returned to her room, pulled the blanket over her head and tried to imagine what life would be like if she’d just made more effort to live rather than just exist.

Hello to fast updates! All I will say about this is assumptions may lead you down the wrong pathway, not everything is as it seems!

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Such quick updates pls tell me you have updated it somewhere else too coz i want to read it whole in a go 

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Such quick updates pls tell me you have updated it somewhere else too coz i want to read it whole in a go 

I knoww! So proud of me! Unfortunately I do not, I update on Wattpad under the username Querenciahaven, but the updates are only a few minutes between!

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -Rehanna-

I knoww! So proud of me! Unfortunately I do not, I update on Wattpad under the username Querenciahaven, but the updates are only a few minutes between!

I see. đŸ˜˛ but you have done a good job. I musy say. Comment will get bigger coz i will read it all at once. 

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hey great update, their past is getting more interesting as the story develops. can't wait for the next one. 

-Rehanna- thumbnail

I see. đŸ˜˛ but you have done a good job. I musy say. Comment will get bigger coz i will read it all at once. 

Aw, thank you! Unfortunately it's only chapter by chapter, but im working on it as fast as I can:)

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Read the latest three chapters. 

He kidnapped her. Her non-stop banter is funny which also irritates him😆. I love her non-stop talks. They have a past and looks like she is not aware of the same. 

If I loved the conversation in the car, I LOVED the conversation in the room even more. He did reveal some part of his past to her. She feels bad for him without knowing that it's her who gave him pain. Her failed attempts to cheer him singing the song reminded him of their happy past. SRKsmiley42smiley27.

The past and his request to date. She agreed only to get rid of him. She is all alone and lonely in this world, always busy in library forcefully. The realization that there is no one and no life waiting for her to return is painful. What's that she is hiding from him. Hopefully, she would reveal it to him soon.

Wonderful updates. Please continue soon.