Some Thoughts on Mishti's Situation and the Bigger Picture

bs123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

PS. Had originally posted in the AT thread but posting this here upon @SheThought's request with a few additions. Thanks for the idea... This post was basically about how I feel that Mishti should be given more time to make the right decision, but also that her situation is far different from Abir's. Another thing, though I might be in the minority, is that I cannot bring myself to hate Meenakshi despite everything that she's done. After all, she is the reason why Mishbir's story has progressed the way it has.

Yes, Mishti does indeed deserve more time to make the decision to stand up for herself and her love. However, her situation can in no way be compared with Abir's. Mishti knows that Abir is in love with her and how. She also subconsciously knows very well that she can confide in him and that they can solve the problem together. It is just that it will take Mishti some time to do the right thing, and people are starting to lose patience, which is understandable. Yet, it is necessary to keep watching and let the story build up because everything can't happen now. I also don't see any reason why Mishti can't pull Abir into a corner and tell him the truth, but am willing to sit back and watch the drama play out as there was some positivity in today's episode. So far, only Abir's love and trust has been tested by BB and Kunal. Now the time has come for Mishti to pass with flying colors as well. I am counting on the makers to not disappoint and for Mishti to  prove that she loves Abir as much as he loves her.

Also, at the time Abir left, no one really called him mahaan because Mishti was not in love with him yet and Abir didn't have any reason to fight for her as she had not given him any signals as such.

Even if Mishti did like the things done during the courtship, she did say yes to Kunal. In real life, siblings often help us set up dates and pick gifts. That doesn't mean that we assume that our sibling's partner is not in love with them but us. As soon as Abir found out that the things done by him during the courtship were the ONLY things that Mishti liked about Kunal, he made the decision to go back as he realized that there was now a huge chance that Mishti would fall in love with him as she likes both his personality and the things that he had done for her. Abir was in no place to fight for Mishti or even confess at that time. It wouldn't have done anyone any good as it just would have made Abir look selfish. However, he very well could have let Mishti know the truth about the courtship by telling her that he read her diary and that the reason she had agreed for the engagement was based on a lie.

Still, I am actually glad that Mishti came to the realization herself and Abir was spared the shame of becoming the reason for the engagement to break, be it because of his feelings or because of the role he had to play in the courtship.

This is still why I don't hate BB despite the recent episodes. She is actually the person who has helped Mishbir come together and however scary she is, she has stuck to one viewpoint from the beginning of the show. BB may be manipulative, egoistic, and harsh, but she has never changed her views (in her head, atleast) and she is what she is.

In comparison, I dislike Kuhu, Jasmeet, Kunal, and even Varsha more as they are all hypocrites who who are fickle-minded, selfish, and quite dumb. They don't stick to a single viewpoint and are always seen pinning the blame on Mishti. Shaurya is just neutral and wouldn't say a word in Mishti's favor either but I don't really have any opinion about him. However, knowing that he had an illicit affair while being married makes me look down upon him.

In the Maheshwari house, I like Badi Ma as she is super sweet and true in her love for Mishti, but she is also not as strong and assertive in putting across her views and standing up for what is right as we have seen during the Rajvansh house party and during the emails fiasco. Bade Papa and Abir are definitely the favorites of the show and truly the only ones that can help Mishti get herself out of this mess.

The interesting thing is that Meenu knows this too and she has specifically made it a point to threaten Mishti that she cannot inform Abir or Bade Papa. And by doing this, Meenu has actually hit the bulls eye in her mission to break Mishti. She is now targeting the trust and faith of two people who love and believe in her the most, Abir and Bade Papa. 

After failing many times, Meenu has finally understood where Mishti draws her strength from and who her weaknesses are. Abir and Bade Papa are Mishti's biggest strengths, but are also in a way her biggest weaknesses. She just cannot imagine disappointing or hurting them. It is this tug of war that is stopping Mishti from being the sherni that she truly is. The irony is that while these are the only two people whom she is willing to sacrifice her self-respect for,  they are also the only two people who would never ask her to do so and would instead berate her for even harboring such a thought.

It is only a matter of time for Mishti to realize that Bade papa is not going to break down or fall ill because of KuKu's rishta breaking (he would actually be relieved and would diss Meenu in a way that she would never forget).

More importantly, Abir would never want to have Nanko's marriage with Kuhu at the cost of Mishti losing her self-respect. Remember he once said to Nanko that he would either have to make a commitment to Kuhu or let her move on. This time around, Abir only put in his 100% efforts after he got the feeling that Kunal likes/loves Kuhu back and that he does not want to lose her. If Abir even gets the slightest clue that Kunal is not invested in Kuhu or that he is willing to sacrifice her due Meenu's absurd demands, the tables are going to turn big time!!

I hope the time comes soon for Mishti to confide in her biggest pillars of support, Abir and Bade Papa!! Though she has upped her game, Meenu is yet to realize that she has indeed once again underestimated Mishti.

Edited by bs123 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SheThought thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thank you for posting this in the main forum!

Very well said!  ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

fangirl1012 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It's been a day what Mish needs is a clear mind to come up with a solution. The silly functions one after the other and the repeated threats made by BB are not helping at all. They are not letting our girl find her voice. I really hope they show a scene where she is contemplating the situation alone in any place other then the Man or the RV house. About Abir not being called Mahaan that I think is not needed in any sense even Mish right now should not be called Mahaan I don't know why ITV viewers keep throwing this word around. For now Mish is even afraid to take Abir in a corner and confide in him because the time is sensitive. Everyone has made her think that the weight of the world is on her shoulders. At one end if BB has threatened her on the other end her cousin sister Kuhu has asked her not to do anything to jeopardise her happiness and Misthi has never been shown to be a sadist. She somehow wants to keep the Kuku wedding on and then tell Abir but is scared because invariably Abir will be hurt as well since the big villain is his Maa. Imagine all the options she must be mulling over. Then she is not sure how BP is going to take it if Kuku's shaadi breaks she is afraid she will be blamed and as she told Abir she doesn't ever want BP and BM to think they made a mistake of taking her under their wing . Our girl is under such strong emotional pressures any person would break. The fact that somehow even in all this fog a tiny part of her brain in the form of Abir is still trying to tell her to fight is a positive thing in it self.

P.S I wrote this on the AT as a reply to your post 

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Okay so now on your part about Abir . I agree with everything you said. Him doing that for Kunal was justified from the sibling end but it was kind of like cat fishing and from the friendship end he kind of did play a bit with Mish's trust on him. I am glad though that he apologized.  That is Abir's flaw that Kunal is his blind spot he is always covering up for his brother or making excuses for his behavior again a natural sibling thing but I am waiting for the day when Abir actually sees the real Kunal and doesn't turn his brother in to a victim of BB's upbringing because whatever Kunal is doing now is uncalled for. I also agree with you on how the gordhana ended I am glad that Abir wasn't the reason and Mish had other strong reasons to reject the guy instead of the overly used reason that she was not in love with Kunal or she knew Abir was in love with her. Yeah BB has been consistent from the start. Other characters haven't been given any meaty roles. I hope Kuhu shows a bit of spine during the current track and I am really counting on Parul to actually speak up.

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bs123

PS. Had originally posted in the AT thread but posting this here upon @SheThought's request with a few additions. Thanks for the idea... This post was basically about how I feel that Mishti should be given more time to make the right decision, but also that her situation is far different from Abir's. Another thing, though I might be in the minority, is that I cannot bring myself to hate Meenakshi despite everything that she's done. After all, she is the reason why Mishbir's story has progressed the way it has.

Yes, Mishti does indeed deserve more time to make the decision to stand up for herself and her love. However, her situation can in no way be compared with Abir's. Mishti knows that Abir is in love with her and how. She also subconsciously knows very well that she can confide in him and that they can solve the problem together. It is just that it will take Mishti some time to do the right thing, and people are starting to lose patience, which is understandable. Yet, it is necessary to keep watching and let the story build up because everything can't happen now. I also don't see any reason why Mishti can't pull Abir into a corner and tell him the truth, but am willing to sit back and watch the drama play out as there was some positivity in today's episode. So far, only Abir's love and trust has been tested by BB and Kunal. Now the time has come for Mishti to pass with flying colors as well. I am counting on the makers to not disappoint and for Mishti to  prove that she loves Abir as much as he loves her.

Also, at the time Abir left, no one really called him mahaan because Mishti was not in love with him yet and Abir didn't have any reason to fight for her as she had not given him any signals as such.

Even if Mishti did like the things done during the courtship, she did say yes to Kunal. In real life, siblings often help us set up dates and pick gifts. That doesn't mean that we assume that our sibling's partner is not in love with them but us. As soon as Abir found out that the things done by him during the courtship were the ONLY things that Mishti liked about Kunal, he made the decision to go back as he realized that there was now a huge chance that Mishti would fall in love with him as she likes both his personality and the things that he had done for her. Abir was in no place to fight for Mishti or even confess at that time. It wouldn't have done anyone any good as it just would have made Abir look selfish. However, he very well could have let Mishti know the truth about the courtship by telling her that he read her diary and that the reason she had agreed for the engagement was based on a lie.

Still, I am actually glad that Mishti came to the realization herself and Abir was spared the shame of becoming the reason for the engagement to break, be it because of his feelings or because of the role he had to play in the courtship.

This is still why I don't hate BB despite the recent episodes. She is actually the person who has helped Mishbir come together and however scary she is, she has stuck to one viewpoint from the beginning of the show. BB may be manipulative, egoistic, and harsh, but she has never changed her views (in her head, atleast) and she is what she is.

In comparison, I dislike Kuhu, Jasmeet, Kunal, and even Varsha more as they are all hypocrites who who are fickle-minded, selfish, and quite dumb. They don't stick to a single viewpoint and are always seen pinning the blame on Mishti. Shaurya is just neutral and wouldn't say a word in Mishti's favor either but I don't really have any opinion about him. However, knowing that he had an illicit affair while being married makes me look down upon him.

In the Maheshwari house, I like Badi Ma as she is super sweet and true in her love for Mishti, but she is also not as strong and assertive in putting across her views and standing up for what is right as we have seen during the Rajvansh house party and during the emails fiasco. Bade Papa and Abir are definitely the favorites of the show and truly the only ones that can help Mishti get herself out of this mess.

The interesting thing is that Meenu knows this too and she has specifically made it a point to threaten Mishti that she cannot inform Abir or Bade Papa. And by doing this, Meenu has actually hit the bulls eye in her mission to break Mishti. She is now targeting the trust and faith of two people who love and believe in her the most, Abir and Bade Papa. 

After failing many times, Meenu has finally understood where Mishti draws her strength from and who her weaknesses are. Abir and Bade Papa are Mishti's biggest strengths, but are also in a way her biggest weaknesses. She just cannot imagine disappointing or hurting them. It is this tug of war that is stopping Mishti from being the sherni that she truly is. The irony is that while these are the only two people whom she is willing to sacrifice her self-respect for,  they are also the only two people who would never ask her to do so and would instead berate her for even harboring such a thought.

It is only a matter of time for Mishti to realize that Bade papa is not going to break down or fall ill because of KuKu's rishta breaking (he would actually be relieved and would diss Meenu in a way that she would never forget).

More importantly, Abir would never want to have Nanko's marriage with Kuhu at the cost of Mishti losing her self-respect. Remember he once said to Nanko that he would either have to make a commitment to Kuhu or let her move on. This time around, Abir only put in his 100% efforts after he got the feeling that Kunal likes/loves Kuhu back and that he does not want to lose her. If Abir even gets the slightest clue that Kunal is not invested in Kuhu or that he is willing to sacrifice her due Meenu's absurd demands, the tables are going to turn big time!!

I hope the time comes soon for Mishti to confide in her biggest pillars of support, Abir and Bade Papa!! Though she has upped her game, Meenu is yet to realize that she has indeed once again underestimated Mishti.

Bold: I have nothing to add on this part you covered all points๐Ÿค—

Jayati321 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Very detailed analysis of Mishti's current situation. I totally agree with you.

We all know that Mishti is a strong girl and she will not give up easily. She will definitely fight back. It's just that BB throwing atom bombs one after another and not letting Mishti to breathe for a second.

That's why we audience are loosing our patience watching somuch negativity.It's high time for makers to put a balance by focusing on other characters and give us some light comic scenes. 

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jayati321

Very detailed analysis of Mishti's current situation. I totally agree with you.

We all know that Mishti is a strong girl and she will not give up easily. She will definitely fight back. It's just that BB throwing atom bombs one after another and not letting Mishti to breathe for a second.

That's why we audience are loosing our patience watching somuch negativity.It's high time for makers to put a balance by focusing on other characters and give us some light comic scenes. 

Yeah CV's need to maintain a balance to keep the viewers hooked. The problem is that they need to show more monologues of Mish and Abir. We need to know what these characters are thinking.

bs123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yup. I'm hoping the light scenes come in tomorrow's episode,and actually leave a lasting impact. I read somewhere that Mishti goes to the Rajvansh house to tell Kunal about Kuhu's kundali secret. If that is the case, then the precap is likely to be real. I'm not sure about the kiss but fall certainly seems real to me. 

fangirl1012 thumbnail

Yup. I'm hoping the light scenes come in tomorrow's episode,and actually leave a lasting impact. I read somewhere that Mishti goes to the Rajvansh house to tell Kunal about Kuhu's kundali secret. If that is the case, then the precap is likely to be real. I'm not sure about the kiss but fall certainly seems real to me. 

Me too. I am hoping that the Mishbir scene is real. It would be a welcome change from all the mess we have been subject too.

Divya181 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I completely agree with you ๐Ÿ‘...and very well said๐Ÿ‘