Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Usually dramas can't handle a large cast, after a few months they knock 1 or 2 characters off because they'r unable to develop the characters and stories. I always thought it was a bonus having a big cast, there's so much more to play with.

It's usually the sister or lil kid or BIL/SIL they dump. After watching yesterdays epi I really hope the cv's/channel keep the sister (or the lil kid for that matter) because she's really quite good. I loved the brother-sister scene yesterday.

Laal.Ishq thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Man I'm really wishing for Gunjan to be endgame 😍

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

Usually dramas can't handle a large cast, after a few months they knock 1 or 2 characters off because they'r unable to develop the characters and stories. I always thought it was a bonus having a big cast, there's so much more to play with.

It's usually the sister or lil kid or BIL/SIL they dump. After watching yesterdays epi I really hope the cv's/channel keep the sister (or the lil kid for that matter) because she's really quite good. I loved the brother-sister scene yesterday.

SGP worked because most of the tracks revolved around the family and not but thr leads.  The writers need to create tracks for every character and have the leads react to that.  That would do wonders for the show.  

At the same time,  are the viewers interested in watching other characters and their lives?  Isn't it all leads and ships now? 

Laal.Ishq thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Why isn't the forum opened yet ? 

P.D.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

SGP worked because most of the tracks revolved around the family and not but thr leads.  The writers need to create tracks for every character and have the leads react to that.  That would do wonders for the show.  

At the same time,  are the viewers interested in watching other characters and their lives?  Isn't it all leads and ships now? 

I definitely agree, we're partly to blame. It's such a shame though. We as the audience need to be more open about our shows and variety. At some point the standards have to increase. But I do think the quality of actors and resilience of the cv's also makes a difference. 

I always think of the american drama Brothers and Sisters and wonder if we'd ever have a show like that. 

Edited by PureDrivenSnow - 4 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail

I definitely agree, we're partly to blame. It's such a shame though. We as the audience need to be more open about our shows and variety. At some point the standards have to increase. But I do think the quality of actors and resilience of the cv's also makes a difference. 

I always think of the american drama Brothers and Sisters and wonder if we'd ever have a show like that. 

It's funny how the same audience embraced family shows which didn't focus on leads. I loved Baa Bahu aur Baby and it didn't have any couple leads at all. Yet, that is one of the best shows ever made according to me on Indian TV.

Haven't watched Brothers and Sisters.  I want something in the lines of Parenthood. The family needn't even be a joint family to get equal importance. Each can have their own parallel storylines which involves the rest of the family. 

Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laal.Ishq

Why isn't the forum opened yet ? 

It is open, isn't?

P.D.S thumbnail

It's funny how the same audience embraced family shows which didn't focus on leads. I loved Baa Bahu aur Baby and it didn't have any couple leads at all. Yet, that is one of the best shows ever made according to me on Indian TV.

Haven't watched Brothers and Sisters.  I want something in the lines of Parenthood. The family needn't even be a joint family to get equal importance. Each can have their own parallel storylines which involves the rest of the family. 

No way! BBB is my fav show too! Parvarish season 1 was quite good. 

I blame the corporate culture; the channels and makers can't think beyond money. The worst part is that they're still making the same crap online.  

Shwets1502 thumbnail

No way! BBB is my fav show too! Parvarish season 1 was quite good. 

I blame the corporate culture; the channels and makers can't think beyond money. The worst part is that they're still making the same crap online.  

Our paths must have crossed in the forums then.  Our tastes are so similar.  Parvarrish season 1 was one of the best shows I would say.  Novel concept and wonderful cast.  They did mess up at the end but which show doesn't.  

That's a huge fear.  Alt Balaji and Zee 5 are coming with random web series which is spoiling the initially quality of the shows. 

P.D.S thumbnail

Our paths must have crossed in the forums then.  Our tastes are so similar.  Parvarrish season 1 was one of the best shows I would say.  Novel concept and wonderful cast.  They did mess up at the end but which show doesn't.  

That's a huge fear.  Alt Balaji and Zee 5 are coming with random web series which is spoiling the initially quality of the shows. 

@bold: Must have. I miss these shows. 

That's the problem I have though. Many american/british shows are similar in that the quality isn't always maintained throughout the course of a show but Indian shows have a tendency to derail completely off track at the end or even after the first 1 or 2 months. They just don't make sense.

I have noticed the change in aesthetics these days too. I don't know if isn't due to the improvement in technology but there's a glossy feel to every show. In some cases it's suitable but sometimes it just looks superficial.