Is Kabir seeing the entire picture?

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

(this is a very random post, so pls ignore) 

[For the sake of argument, I'm only going to focus on Mittal family, and not the rest of the mob, which was also present in burning the Sharmas, since the show doesn't talk about them. 😆]

I don't know what the writers are doing currently, sometimes they write really good scenes, sometimes really stupid stuff. Last week, Monday and Tuesday episodes were annoying, Wednesday was okay and Thursday and Friday got better. 

Again this week Monday is grating on my nerves. Maybe the writers are trying a mix and match of things to see what works. 

Based on what I saw till now, I see Pooja's problem as one of childhood trauma, leaving a deep impact on her psyche. Pooja thought that by killing PK and making the Mittal family homeless (what they did to her), she would find peace. But a lot of research on mental health suggests that human mind doesn't work like that. 

Pooja has 20 years of mental baggage to overcome, for which she has blamed Mittals for 20 years, that cannot go away in few days by making them homeless. 

Okay coming to Kabir, I think Kabir does not know the entire truth. 

In Kabir's logic, he is seeing things like PK killed Pooja's father, and Pooja tried to kill his father. So, they are equal. Till that point he has no grudge against Pooja.

His grudge against Pooja is that she took his home and business from him. But the home and business was not earned by Junior Mittals, they were enjoying their lives. The home and business was earned by Dadaji and PK. 

Now Kabir thinks his grandpa only hid PK's secret, but * I * think Kabir does not know that his grandpa and Mother were standing there and instigating the murder of AS and his daughters. 

Thats why he finds Pooja's actions unjustified. 

In Pooja's eyes, her home was built by her Dada, and burnt by Senior Mittals. So, she also took over the home which was built by Senior Mittals, and threw them out.

The Junior Mittals are collateral damage. But they did not work in the company and add to it. Maybe Dhruv did, but Kabir was in the army, and Jai and Sonali in college. 

I have a theory:

1. Kabir does not know the extent of the culpability of his grandpa, mother and chaachi.

2. Kabir does not know about Pooja and Rani's struggles.

Yes, Pooja did wrong by taking away Mittal house and company. 

But can the Mittal house and company return her father? Can it return her childhood which she spent on the streets? Can it remove all the mental damage from her head? 

Simple answer is NO. 

The house and company barely compensates for what Pooja and Rani lost. 

BUT KABIR DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT.

I think Kabir (and Junior Mittals) see Pooja as a sadakchap who conned their family and usurped their property. 

They don't see it as revenge, eye for an eye, or compensation. 

I think that if Kabir knew how much Senior Mittals were involved in ruining Pooja's life, then he would stop insulting her. 

I am not saying Kabir would turn over the Senior Mittals to jail. No, he is not that mahaan. But he would understand where Pooja's actions are coming from. 

And it is important that he understands where her actions are coming from, because then he will stop taking bait and reacting. 

From the two scenes last week, where Pooja told Kabir about her childhood struggles, it is clear that she is doing this to make him realize how much she suffered. She is doing this from a place of hurt and deprivation.

I don't know whether it was Zain's expression, or Kabir, but he didn't look sympathetic to her struggles and poverty.

I want Kabir to be sympathetic to her struggles, because otherwise, this stupid ego clashes will continue, increasing my BP. 😆

Pooja has 20 years of mental trauma and messed up mental health. But Kabir has had a healthy childhood, and no mental issues, since the army requires discipline and control over emotions. 

If anyone has to take the first step, it has to be Kabir. 

See, I don't have an issue with Kabir trying to get his house and property back. He thinks he owns them by birth and wants them back, okay, fine, whatever. 

But my issue are these pointless fights which take them nowhere, and extremely juvenile. 

In today's episode, when Kabir was not reacting, Pooja didn't like it. She kept on asking why is he not saying something, doing something, etc. 

The best way for Kabir to actually thwart Pooja, is to not take her bait. Pooja is doing this for some reaction, to insult the Mittals, make them see how she lived for 20 years. 

But if there is no reaction, she will eventually give up out of frustration. She will realize that she will find no peace from humiliating the Mittals. Something even Amma has been trying to explain to her.

Why I said Kabir does not know about her struggles, is because if he did know, then he would understand where she's coming from, and stop reacting. If he knew, how much the Mittals were complicit in the crime, he would stop advocating for his family. 

And that will work better than anything for Pooja's mental peace. 

Right now its more like two high school kids playing out some tit for tat game which is annoying for me to watch. 

Sometimes, the writers do really well, for eg. that dialogue was impactful when Pooja said she wants to put Kabir in her past's equality. Then they mess it up, by showing this juvenile tripping and glass breaking. 

This 'tashan' gives me a headache. And I'd rather Kabir know the entire truth, of the Pooja and Rani's lives, so that he realizes that he's taking revenge against victims, and not perpetrators. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Dear relax! ! ! !  I guess u r too frustrated with today's episode and what u said about kabir not knowing about mittals is very much visible as he everytime asks why she is targeting his family for his father's deed and what u are saying that kabir should know than he will come to know and thats where the soft corner wala angle will start and i can see it coming soon and about sr mittals i guess it will only come out when pk will be back. 

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Great analysis !!!! You said everything I wanted to say. Word for word !

I almost made a post on how Kabir doesn't know the entire truth like how his dearest  mommy and Gramps took part in manipulating the mob and the scenario might change after he does. Now I don't have to, thanks to you. 

Though I have a feeling that it's done intentionally for the 'tashan' 🤢 to happen. That information might be revealed later dramatically when the writers would need Kabir to join team Puja.

I also think Puja still has some faith on Kabir's sense of righteousness as she knew him since her Jahnvi days and how he selflessly stood by Kavya the whole time. That's why she still tries to make him understand about her struggles. 

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Great analysis !!!! You said everything I wanted to say. Word for word !

I almost made a post on how Kabir doesn't know the entire truth like how his dearest  mommy and Gramps took part in manipulating the mob. Now I don't have to, thanks to you. 

I also think Puja still has some faith on Kabir's sense of righteousness as she knew him since her Jahnvi days and how he selflessly stood by Kavya the whole time. That's why she still tries to make him m understand about her struggles. 

@bold: Ha, ha, thank you, for liking my post.

Yes, I do feel Pooja considers Kabir worthy of arguing/debating with, because he has a sense of right and wrong. 

-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

This is what I've been trying to say from my very first post here😆 You said it wonderfully. Yes, I don't think Kabir understands Pooja's plight at all. In fact NONE of the Mittal's have even an iota of understanding of what the girls went through. Will them understanding anything of her past change anything? Probably not. But laying a hand on someone's shoulder and saying "I'm sorry for what my father put you through. I'm sorry for everything you went through in your childhood - you didn't deserve that" isn't a bad thing. In fact no one from the Mittals have even tried to have a proper conversation with her. Kabir tried once I guess - but that was mainly to ask her to give his family the house back because they were homeless...and obviously that didn't gel well with Pooja. And then right after that, Kabir threw her the challenge that he'll get the house back. There was no regret, remorse, guilt...nothing. I get that he wasn't directly responsible for it - it was his father's doing. But if I found out that the house I was living in and all the wealth I had was earned by my father murdering his best friend, leaving his friend's two daughters homeless and on the streets, I wouldn't be able to meet eyes with Pooja. I say that with utmost sincerity. But it seems none of the Mittals are at all ashamed. Personally i think they skipped to the tashan part a bit too quickly. If kabir had put in a little more effort into communicating with Pooja (maybe tried more than just ONCE to talk to her and maybe apologized for what she went through and tried to UNDERSTAND her) and she STILL ended up ripping his certificates and behaving immaturely, then I guess Kabir's irritation would be unavoidable. But it was just way too soon in my opinion. Not enough emotions were shown. No regret or guilt from the Mittals...straight anger and a feeling of disgust at Pooja. Anyways, I've decided to enjoy watching the show for what it is..dimaag ki khidki band kar ke :P...i think it's best for everyone's sanity if we don't overanalyze these characters😆

P.S., I know you said you liked my dp in the AT but I couldn't reply at the time, so now I say thanks😆 It's me to all the haters that come my way🤣

Edited by -Sanjana- - 4 years ago
AnnStyles thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Lol I am so bored writing the same thing again and again.. So will stick to appreciating your efforts into writing 😆 But you have captured everything well in your post.. 👍🏼

krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Kabir was living a rich life when Pooja was struggling for her shelter.  Kabir is a good man at the same time he is an egoistic person who has the self opinion and his way of looking at the world differs from the generous person. Pooja has never broken down with the tears in front of Kabir. He has seen her outburst only. So he can't take her words seriously and can't realize the situation what the girls crossed in their childhood. Now he is just like "Siddhartha Gouthama". He will turn as" Gouthama Buddha" when he realizes the orphan girls struggling after his father's inhumanity.

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -Sanjana-

This is what I've been trying to say from my very first post here😆 You said it wonderfully. Yes, I don't think Kabir understands Pooja's plight at all. In fact NONE of the Mittal's have even an iota of understanding of what the girls went through. 

Will them understanding anything of her past change anything? Probably not. But laying a hand on someone's shoulder and saying "I'm sorry for what my father put you through. I'm sorry for everything you went through in your childhood - you didn't deserve that" isn't a bad thing.

In fact no one from the Mittals have even tried to have a proper conversation with her. 

Kabir tried once I guess - but that was mainly to ask her to give his family the house back because they were homeless...and obviously that didn't gel well with Pooja. And then right after that, Kabir threw her the challenge that he'll get the house back. There was no regret, remorse, guilt...nothing. I get that he wasn't directly responsible for it - it was his father's doing. But if I found out that the house I was living in and all the wealth I had was earned by my father murdering his best friend, leaving his friend's two daughters homeless and on the streets, I wouldn't be able to meet eyes with Pooja. I say that with utmost sincerity. But it seems none of the Mittals are at all ashamed. Personally i think they skipped to the tashan part a bit too quickly. If kabir had put in a little more effort into communicating with Pooja (maybe tried more than just ONCE to talk to her and maybe apologized for what she went through and tried to UNDERSTAND her) and she STILL ended up ripping his certificates and behaving immaturely, then I guess Kabir's irritation would be unavoidable. But it was just way too soon in my opinion.

Not enough emotions were shown. No regret or guilt from the Mittals...straight anger and a feeling of disgust at Pooja. Anyways, I've decided to enjoy watching the show for what it is..dimaag ki khidki band kar ke :P...i think it's best for everyone's sanity if we don't overanalyze these characters😆

P.S., I know you said you liked my dp in the AT but I couldn't reply at the time, so now I say thanks😆 It's me to all the haters that come my way🤣

Very nicely put. And I agree, your dp is really cool !

@bold. YES ! THIS ! 

Right now Puja's driving force is fear. She is scared because of Kabir's challenge. He is the smartest among the Mittal kids. Also he was a special agent ( Puja keeps saying that sarcastically but I think that's the part that bothers her the most). Her last revenge was like a guerrilla warfare. But this is an open battle with the person trained for the actual battlefield. So she is definitely very scared and that's why she is taking such silly actions. 

If Kabir had handled the situation like you said, I don't think she had shredded the docs in the first place. ( I am not sure she still has, those were shredded papers.....she could have pretended while hiding the real ones. Might be revealed later for the sake of drama. Anyway that's not the point here. ) She is still trying to make Kabir back off by making him understand about her past struggles. So she still wants to avoid the battle / tashan whatever !!! So she wouldn't have started it if the Mittals (specially Kabir ) hadn't been acting like insensitive morons.

@red. Yes ! NEEDED TO BE SAID !!!!!!!! That would answer the questions of a lot of people here. Empathy can't reverse a situation but it can dilute the trauma....atleast a little bit..... atleast for a moment. And yes that is needed. Empathy is strong. Ashok showed it to amma, amma showed it to puja and Rani. Ashok didn't know it would turn out like that when he helped amma but it saved his little girls. That's the power of selfless empathy and humanity. 'Her father wouldn't come back' can't be the excuse for a bunch of rich entitled kids of criminal family playing victims. If you are born as humans, you have some responsibility towards your fellow humans and that includes empathy and seeing the mirror before blame gaming and victim playing. Period.

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sanjana-

This is what I've been trying to say from my very first post here😆 You said it wonderfully. Yes, I don't think Kabir understands Pooja's plight at all. In fact NONE of the Mittal's have even an iota of understanding of what the girls went through. Will them understanding anything of her past change anything? Probably not. But laying a hand on someone's shoulder and saying "I'm sorry for what my father put you through. I'm sorry for everything you went through in your childhood - you didn't deserve that" isn't a bad thing. In fact no one from the Mittals have even tried to have a proper conversation with her. Kabir tried once I guess - but that was mainly to ask her to give his family the house back because they were homeless...and obviously that didn't gel well with Pooja. And then right after that, Kabir threw her the challenge that he'll get the house back. There was no regret, remorse, guilt...nothing. I get that he wasn't directly responsible for it - it was his father's doing. But if I found out that the house I was living in and all the wealth I had was earned by my father murdering his best friend, leaving his friend's two daughters homeless and on the streets, I wouldn't be able to meet eyes with Pooja. I say that with utmost sincerity. But it seems none of the Mittals are at all ashamed. Personally i think they skipped to the tashan part a bit too quickly. If kabir had put in a little more effort into communicating with Pooja (maybe tried more than just ONCE to talk to her and maybe apologized for what she went through and tried to UNDERSTAND her) and she STILL ended up ripping his certificates and behaving immaturely, then I guess Kabir's irritation would be unavoidable. But it was just way too soon in my opinion. Not enough emotions were shown. No regret or guilt from the Mittals...straight anger and a feeling of disgust at Pooja. Anyways, I've decided to enjoy watching the show for what it is..dimaag ki khidki band kar ke :P...i think it's best for everyone's sanity if we don't overanalyze these characters😆

Thank you!

Yes, exactly! Like I mentioned before somewhere else, the tashan became rather artificial. They had to cave in to demand of online fans, who didn't want Kavya v/s Jahnvi, but wanted Kabir v/s Jahnvi (myself included). 

But they will give Pooja v/s Kabir like this, I didn't have any idea. 

Like you said it seems rather condescending, for no reason, of the Mittals to hate Pooja, when its their family which made her like this. 

Then again like you said, no point over-analyzing characters. Switch off the brain and watch, best policy. 😆

SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Yes ! NEEDED TO BE SAID !!!!!!!! That would answer the questions of a lot of people here. Empathy can't reverse a situation but it can dilute the trauma....atleast a little bit..... atleast for a moment. And yes that is needed. Empathy is strong. Ashok showed it to amma, amma showed it to puja and Rani. Ashok didn't know it would turn out like that when he helped amma but it saved his little girls. That's the power of selfless empathy and humanity. 'Her father wouldn't come back' can't be the excuse for a bunch of rich entitled kids of criminal family playing victims. If you are born as humans, you have some responsibility towards your fellow humans and that includes empathy and seeing the mirror before blame gaming and victim playing. Period.

This whole para! 👏

Exactly, everyone is like but Mittals have also suffered and why would they see things from anyone else's perspectives.

This is exactly why! Empathy towards Pooja would've maybe calmed her down a bit which Kabir's throwing the challenge to her certainly didn't.