Tu Hi Re // Hanita OS

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So, Aniruddh Dave's stellar performance in this week's episodes, and the scene with Tu Hi Re playing in the background really made me want to write something.

I was slightly apprehensive about posting a story, with the complete lack of fics being posted in recent months. Then again, with Friday's episode and the promos, I guess we all could do with some Hanita positivity.

This has been written in the middle of the night with literally no beta reading, so it's still half-cooked and slightly raw. But I hope you like it.

TU HI RE

They were all gathered in Naeem Bi's living room, shocked, when a seething Beeji placed an ultimatum in front of Babita.

"Aaj faisla kar hi de, Babita. Ya toh hum rahenge, ya ye Hanuman Singh. Aaj tay kar de ki tere liye kon jyada karibi hai."

"Minnie, ghar ja tu. Or ha, tere Hanuman uncle ko bol de ki woh bhi ghar jaye."

"Par Babes..."

"Tujhe jitna keh rahi hu utna kar. Mujhe or tere Beeji-Dadu ko thodi baat karni hai."

Chaahat Hai Agar, Aake Mujhse Mil Jaa Tu
Yaa Phir Aisaa Kar, Dharati Se Milaa De Mujhko
Tu Hi Re, Tu Hi Re, Tere Bina Main Kaise Jiyu
Aajaa Re, Aajaa Re, Yu Hi Tadpa Na Tu Mujhko

Hanuman sat down on the steps to the barsaati, his head in his hands. He didn't sob, no, but he let his tears fall freely. So what if Minnie was right there, watching him? His world was this close to shattering around his feet, he was allowed a moment of vulnerability.

Things had taken a terrible turn. Babita had been forced to choose between him and Veer Balika's Beeji-Dadu. That really left him no chance, did it? They were her daughter's grandparents, their blood flowed in Minnie's veins. They used to be as important to Babita as her own parents, perhaps still were. Against that, who was he? He was just a guy who decided to help them out of respect for his late wife and her ideals, then ended up falling in love with Babita. It was his fault that he got his hopes too high even when she repeatedly said she wasn't looking for love. Why would she ever choose him over them?

Maut Aur, Zindagi, Tere Haathon Mein De Diya Re

Babita stormed through the doors of the haveli, with stone cold eyes and a stern face. Hanuman saw her gaze fall on Minnie, soften at the sight of her daughter, then reach him. He wondered if he should be preparing himself to be told that he was no longer a part of the mother-daughter's life.

Hanuman stood up, his eyes refusing to meet Babita's, and started, "Jee, main-"

Whatever he had to say was cut right off when Babita ran straight into his arms, almost making him lose his balance. Babita, with her arms around his waist. Babita, with her forehead resting against the crook of his neck. Babita, crying her heart out. Babita, right here, with him.

Aayi Re, Aayi Re, Le Main Aayi Hu Tere Liye
Toda Re, Toda Re, Har Bandhan Ko Pyar Ke Liye
Jaan Re, Jaan Re, Aaj Tujhamein Sama Jaau Main
Dil Re Dil Re, Teri Saanson Mein Bas Jaau Main

Hanuman's arms immediately moved to clutch her closer. Sobs that he had so desperately suppressed deep within himself managed to escape his throat, as the realisation of what must have gone down at Naaem Bi's house dawned on him.

He suddenly remembered Minnie standing there. Softly called out, "Veer Balika?" He did not know how she would react. After all, she was a kid still trying to process her parents' violent divorce, and her dad's less-than-successful remarriage. Now her mother severing away all ties with her grandparents, without even telling her first, was bound to sting. Considering past experience, he should probably expect an angry outburst, hiding innumerable fears and insecurities that the girl had always needed to bury, conceal from the world.

Minnie proved him wrong. May be Babita had talked to her about this before. May be she knew her mother's mind better than he thought she did, she was a smart girl after all. Teary, but determined, Minnie just walked over and wrapped them both in a hug, tender, warm, and accepting. So warm and accepting, that it made Babita break down in tears all over again, that it made Hanuman wonder how he ever got so lucky to have met the mother-daughter duo.

Sau Baar Bulaaye Main Sau Baar Aaun, Ik Baar Jo Dil Diya
Ik Aankh Roye To Duji Bolo, Soyegi Kaise Bhala
In Pyaar Ki Raahon Mein Patthar Hain Kitane , Un Sab Ko Hi Paar Kiya
Ek Nadi Hoon Main Chaahat Bhari Aaj Milne, Saagar Ko Aayi Yahaan
Sajnaa, Sajnaa, Aaj Aansu Bhi Meethe Lage

Hanuman did not know how long the three of them stayed there, arms around each other. He did not know how this would change his life, change their lives. But that was a question for later. Right now, this was enough.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sheeluneelu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Beautifully written... Hope to get conversation of Dadu Beeji n Babita. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Oh wow! Beautiful! You've captured the essence of these characters perfectly and I could picture the scene in the haveli and each of their emotions playing out. 

I have always wanted a scene where Babita would surprise him by running into his arms to show that she claimed him for herself, the world be damned. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: sheeluneelu

Beautifully written... Hope to get conversation of Dadu Beeji n Babita. 

May be if they keep showing the Senior Khuranas in future episodes, I'll get pissed off enough to write that conversation as a Part 2 😆

cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Oh wow! Beautiful! You've captured the essence of these characters perfectly and I could picture the scene in the haveli and each of their emotions playing out. 

I have always wanted a scene where Babita would surprise him by running into his arm to show that she claimed him for herself, the world be damned. 

That's exactly what I want too! Babita taking the first steps and surprising HS while she's at it 

Edited by Manasi_MD - 4 years ago
Nature-Happiness thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful... All emotions were portrayed aptly...👍🤗

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Don't know what's wrong with Sony TV. They cut the entire Tu Hi Re sequence on YouTube and Sonyliv. 😡

What's the point? It was one of the most important parts of that episode. Ugh.

cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Don't know what's wrong with Sony TV. They cut the entire Tu Hi Re sequence on YouTube and Sonyliv. 😡

What's the point? It was one of the most important parts of that episode. Ugh.

Really? It was there when I watched it. Did they cut it later or something? 

Needblessings thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just beautiful👏❤️!!! It gave me goosebumps and made me so emotional❤️.I hope and pray CVS read thi s and give us something like tis. A HANITA HUG is going to be  ☺️❤️. Thank you so much.

Edited by Needblessings - 4 years ago
cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: Needblessings

Just beautiful👏❤️!!! It gave me goosebumps and made me so emotional❤️.I hope and pray CVS read thi s and give us something like tis. A HANITA HUG is going to be  ☺️❤️. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you loved it! ❤️😳