Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: roni_berna

When he knew that it was a bad film, why did he do it? And if he did it, why did he promote it đŸ˜†

His earlier movies like Judwaa 3 and Dilwale were equally bad but all is well because they did well at BO. 

he  worked together as an AD with the director 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KhaanaBaDosh

He's been disassociating himself from his flops ever since October.

He's often retweeting praises for October so are you talking about Sui Dhaaga and now Kalank? 

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Now, during a recent interview with Hindustan Times, when Varun Dhawan was asked about the first flop of his career, he said, “It (Kalank) was not accepted by the audience because it was a bad film and somewhere we all failed collectively,” shares Varun, who starred alongside actors Alia Bhatt, Madhuri Dixit Nene, Aditya Roy Kapur, and Sanjay Dutt in the film.

“Making a film is a team effort. It’s wrong to blame it on the director and producer. And being a part of the team, I will take part of the blame as well. The film did let down people. We have collectively gone through why it didn’t work. Personally, it (failure) was important. I wanted the failure to affect me because if it doesn’t, then that means I don’t love my work,” he further added.

^^^ These are the highlights of what Varun told in the interview. Not for a single moment he blamed the director/producers. Rather he took part of the blame too, not every actor is capable to accept their own drawbacks. Hence I see no point of making a mockery of him here.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: ffkhan

Hence I see no point of making a mockery of him here.

There's no point but it will continue đŸ¤”

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Now, during a recent interview with Hindustan Times, when Varun Dhawan was asked about the first flop of his career, he said, “It (Kalank) was not accepted by the audience because it was a bad film and somewhere we all failed collectively,” shares Varun, who starred alongside actors Alia Bhatt, Madhuri Dixit Nene, Aditya Roy Kapur, and Sanjay Dutt in the film.

“Making a film is a team effort. It’s wrong to blame it on the director and producer. And being a part of the team, I will take part of the blame as well. The film did let down people. We have collectively gone through why it didn’t work. Personally, it (failure) was important. I wanted the failure to affect me because if it doesn’t, then that means I don’t love my work,” he further added.

^^^ These are the highlights of what Varun told in the interview. Not for a single moment he blamed the director/producers. Rather he took part of the blame too, not every actor is capable to accept their own drawbacks. Hence I see no point of making a mockery of him here.

The blame lies squarely on the producer who greenlit this thing, the script, the direction, the editing and the two leads, though. Especially Alia. The inane story was supposed to elevate her character, but it merely showcased her lack of versatility. I don't think Sanjay and, especially, Madhuri "failed collectively" - he wasn't given much to do, and she seemed the only person in that film who fit the fictitious world. Aditya and Sonakshi weren't by any means terrible, either. So no, Varun, it's not wrong to blame people who should be blamed. 

shaazi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: GhayalParinda

He should be lauded for accepting his failure. 

But he isn't accepting it gracefully like SRK did for Zero. Rather he seems bitter and pissed and blaming the makers instead 

shaazi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

He is the most insecure person in bollywood today. From trying to prove his failed/underperforming movies as hits to this. He was trying to make it look like the best film ever bad before it tanked

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: dedh

The blame lies squarely on the producer who greenlit this thing, the script, the direction, the editing and the two leads, though. Especially Alia. The inane story was supposed to elevate her character, but it merely showcased her lack of versatility. I don't think Sanjay and, especially, Madhuri "failed collectively" - he wasn't given much to do, and she seemed the only person in that film who fit the fictitious world. Aditya and Sonakshi weren't by any means terrible, either. So no, Varun, it's not wrong to blame people who should be blamed. 

When a movie fails, every actor has to bear the burden of loss no matter how excellent they perform in it. So no matter if Sonakshi, Sanjay or Madhuri did great in their roles, it's not helping them due to the failure of the film. That's why Varun said that they all failed collectively, but not for a single moment he told that they all to be blamed collectively for it. There's a difference between these two things.

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It failed and he should move on by now. It's not like public is killing anyone for the movie failure. Nobody really talks about Kalank (in regards to be a disappointment etc).

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

When a movie fails, every actor has to bear the burden of loss no matter how excellent they perform in it. So no matter if Sonakshi, Sanjay or Madhuri did great in their roles, it's not helping them due to the failure of the film. That's why Varun said that they all failed collectively, but not for a single moment he told that they all to be blamed collectively for it. There's a difference between these two things.

I disagree. You're talking about the consequences of being in a movie that flopped. He said: "somewhere we all failed collectively." He should have phrased his answer differently and take responsibility for what he did wrong.