Daylight robbery!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings~ 29.6.19  Daylight robbery !

For me the Qazi Syed Shah family suffers a serious incident of theft. Mainjaan’s trust, his family honour and respectability in the community is burgled. The burglar makes away with quite a handsome booty, the woman of his dreams..

One’s children are often deemed as people’s true wealth and, inheritance. The visitor or better still, the robber from abroad plays quite a game in the episode right from the start. Zaroon knew that both sets of parents will get into a skirmish and defend their own children.In the meanwhile , amidst  the heat of pitch battle! Mainjaan the overall high command of both Shah familie’s armies will take a decision and expel the bone of contention from the family fold. This was the final action that Zaroon waited upon as it would finally get him the ultimate trophy! he played his love game for! He could pre-empt beforehand thathis defiant taunting words and actions would eventually lead to him beingkicked out. He also could foresee that Sultanat would follow suit that he would not leave alone..

The robber  knew well that the lord of the manor, the clan head man would not succumb tolosing his wealth. His much earned wealth of social standing family honour, nameand respectability. For the robber though his wealth was to rob the Shah clanof its honour and sanctity. Have to agree with Mainjaan that Zaroon did make child’s play of both his granddaughters Kainat and Saltanat. Zaroon messed the whole family around as to which granddaughter he would marry?

Zaroon’s flippant attitude of playing with the lives of  Saltanat and Kainat ? Costshim the heirship of the dynasty. In yesterday’s episode, some mothering instincts were shown. In this episode we witness how both set of parents savagely defend their own children against harsh blames,

However , Mainjaan’s fury. His  decisive actions, we see all work in Zaroon’sfavour. Zaroon didn’t  need to elope withthe girl of his Sufiyana love. In fact in broad day light, with Saltanat’s full consent! Circumstances themselves would become congenial for both of them! to walk out together victorious.. out of ShahManzil..

I would say that Zaroon also knew full well, that Sultanat was close to her father.Thus while his mother would put upa resistance to her accompanying Zaroon. Nadeem would weaken, yet still supporthis daughter..

Sultanat is Nadeem’s true wealth.Nadeem in the past was weak and give up his own true love. Here life seems tohave given him a second chance to fend for his wealth. He gives his daughter best wishes for the future and tells her may she never regret her action. Probably something he did by forgoing his love for Sabina.   

Zaroon’s departing  speech , seemed to me, a pathetic  taunt against the  Qazi Shah way of life. All his words toSaltanat craftily reinforce her gut instinct to leave with him. Have to say Zaroon invested his emotions aptly  in Saltanat. He knew full well, that Saltanat was a strong resolute girl who stuck too her words and principles. So if he is made to leave, she too will support their love, by mirroring his forced action.

Zaroon also knew that he will not be able to get through to Mamoon his father. It’s his mothers tears and pleas he would have to deal with. So he plays on her soft side. That he wants to make a newlife without the support of his parents. That he is ready to face the brave newworld out there , with  enough mutual love for both of them to survive upon.Ghazala gives him an amulet of safety butmore importantly, the reality tip that love on its own is not enough tosurvive. For a relationship to work they will need tolerance and perseverance in the main, especially in the early stages. Zaroon rather cleverly covers up hisdaylight  robbery! with a touch ofcharacteristic heroism!

But the robber by the looks of it from the episode , was never in the burglary for marriage. The thrill of making off with the stolen good, seems enough for him.

Although the episode depicts the Sufiyana pair, Zaroon and Saltanat as two complete lovers. Both in the eyes of the family and the community, remain formally single. However, they are projected  as a pair of adamant and obdurate lovers whoare determined. Ready  to live together with or without the support and blessings of their elders!

Where the back-drop is a powerful dynasty needing a heir. These two lovers are shown to give up  their comfort ridden luxurious way of life for an unknown future, sustained by their fulfilled  reciprocal love. Sounds unrealistic and woolly to me, living a live of uncertainty. Well played Zaroon! The Shah’s don’t know what hit them!! 

Despite, the lovers walk out hand in hand.. for me the episode had a n enormous  Kainat sized gap! we waiting for her input..    

Cvs have tried to show Zaroon and Saltanat as a heroic couple whose love triumphs against all odds!  I see their love as blind.. blind to the fact that their actions did have an impact upon the lives of those who are connected to them. I find their love idyllic and selfish where only one thing matters tothem. Loving each other. So love is thoughtless and self- centred.. 30.6.19hamlet53  

Thanks. Lonelythots, Irshita  and Anju for checking up my previous post   love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie, 

I see a considerable improvement in the dialogue department since a few episodes..  the dialogues have definitely uplifted the sufiyana love which was otherwise a bit lame. 

Zaroon stayed true to his character.. Others be damned , for all he cares.. all that matters to him is that he has got what he wanted.. sultanat’s acceptance of love... or may be there would be a scene later on where he would be shown sensitive to the complexity of the situation.. 

Sultanat may have chosen to walk out with her love. But it is she who seems to care about the familial bonds that she grew up. 

It was quite heartwarming to see Rubina and ghazala’s motherly feelings..

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Orginally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  heloooo mate.. another big match today...erhh cricket..Ind/Eng..😊

I see a considerable improvement in the dialogue department since a few episodes..  the dialogues have definitely uplifted the sufiyana love which was otherwise a bit lame. 

yes.. there was some talk about elders dont make mistakes they simply misunderstand.. humm, Saltanat's bits have some sense but overall thier sufiyana love seems something unreall..

Zaroon stayed true to his character.. Others be damned , for all he cares.. all that matters to him is that he has got what he wanted.. sultanat’s acceptance of love... or may be there would be a scene later on where he would be shown sensitive to the complexity of the situation.. 

one thing is for sure, he hates Kainat  did you notice he bade farewell/thanks to all.. she was invisible, insignificant for him..  no regret, for going back on his deed... thats why me never felt anything sufiyana for thier pure, love..

Sultanat may have chosen to walk out with her love. But it is she who seems to care about the familial bonds that she grew up. 

I agree, that's what mainjaan cribbed about  ,like she overlooked the way she was brought up as.. Iam hoping the day comes when her lover boy taunts her about her rigid family.. narrow mindid and tied down by tradition..

It was quite heartwarming to see Rubina and ghazala’s motherly feelings..

still the pair of them couldn't stop their children.. in fact like always it was thumbs up between each other..  apart from a small minority, Dadi, mainjaan, Kianat    the rest of the Shah clan were all smiles for the sufiyana lovers..

thanks for sharing your valued thoughts love hammie

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Hammie! I think you are being too harsh on Zaroon. While I agree he was flippant about being disinherited and being thrown out of the house but then he was not lying. He never wanted the inheritance and the only thing he cared about was Sultanat. This was the first time he stated it clearly in front of everyone but, as audience, we have known it for some time. He may have wanted to help his father get the inheritence but Sultanat always came first and if it was going one or other, it was always Sultanat. I am not a fan but I can't find him wrong here. 

I also don't think he expected Sultanat to leave with him because he says he is happy that he knows Sultanat loves him and this doesn't mean that they will be able to unite. He does not dissuade her from leaving but he doesn't instigate her or encourage her to leave.  We have seen him instigating previously and none was that aggressiveness was visible here.

Didn't like Mia Jaan when he tells Sultanat that the family is dead for her and she for the family. That is as controlling and patriarchal as it gets. I am going to assume that he not going to send goons behind these two to kill them for spoiling the family name - I was reading about the 6th wife of the prime minister of Dubai who ran away with her kids (plus 31 million $$) and is in hiding. That is what the royalty does to maintain its stature. Kainaat may do so in his name.

Rubina lets go of Sultanat before Nadeem walks her over to Zaroon. Ghazala's advice was timely - some type of foreshadowing? 

I think we saw the episodes every differently this time. I haven't seen the Sufiyana love so far but test starts now. BTW - my definition of Sufiyana love is something in line with the movie - "Ek Vivah aisa abhi". Boring movie with an impossible notion of pure love. Zaroon and Sultanat are never going to get there but they can grow from here to somewhere better. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

hello Irshita , you made it finally..

Hey Hammie! I think you are being too harsh on Zaroon. While I agree he was flippant about being disinherited and being thrown out of the house but then he was not lying. He never wanted the inheritance and the only thing he cared about was Sultanat. 

this  is where his heroism comes in.. didn't want the name.fame or responsibility.. bas only was after ghar ke izzat! waise me glad he said he wasn't interested in the legacy.. i never envisaged him as the right person.. in terms of not really relating to the needs of the masses around.. I also thought by showing his indifference to the dynasty , he was also maliging his own baap.. sorry Irshita never took to Zaroon.. haan only once I  stood up for him ,when he said ,the dargah is not limited to devotees of any one particular faith.. but who hold contrite devotion and seek comfort spiritually.. apart from this I found him  he preferred the two sisters.. and to keep  Saltanat to himself..

This was the first time he stated it clearly in front of everyone but, as audience, we have known it for some time. He may have wanted to help his father get the inheritence but Sultanat always came first and if it was going one or other, it was always Sultanat. I am not a fan but I can't find him wrong here. 

like I said baap go undermine kiya.. I suspect he said what he did after Mainjaan gave his verdict on  his unsuitability to become his jaan nesheen.. its like throwing it back in Mainjaan's face.. excuse me sire' dont want it anyway..

I also don't think he expected Sultanat to leave with him because he says he is happy that he knows Sultanat loves him and this doesn't mean that they will be able to unite. He does not dissuade her from leaving but he doesn't instigate her or encourage her to leave.  We have seen him instigating previously and none was that aggressiveness was visible here.

i thought all his smiles.. and his empowering words to her meant come away with me sweetie'  all will be well.. may be he shoud have told her no saltanat this is not the right way to come about it.. let me find my feet and i'll honourably come for you.. But no Irshita  he did his drama and i suppose she too looked at the world through rose-tinted glasses..

Didn't like Mia Jaan when he tells Sultanat that the family is dead for her and she for the family. That is as controlling and patriarchal as it gets. I am going to assume that he not going to send goons behind these two to kill them for spoiling the family name - I was reading about the 6th wife of the prime minister of Dubai who ran away with her kids (plus 31 million $$) and is in hiding. That is what the royalty does to maintain its stature. Kainaat may do so in his name.

yes have to agree with you  on Mainjaan's harsh words.. they were said so in turn Saltanat  could reply she will return.. and who knows at that point in time he would have to agree with her present decision.. 

Rubina lets go of Sultanat before Nadeem walks her over to Zaroon. Ghazala's advice was timely - some type of foreshadowing? 

yes they had to show the kinyandan scene.. the father giving away the bride to a beaming  Zaroon waise  what is thier status?? shaking my head.. and what is going to feed her on love and fresh air!???

I think we saw the episodes every differently this time. I haven't seen the Sufiyana love so far but test starts now. BTW - my definition of Sufiyana love is something in line with the movie - "Ek Vivah aisa abhi". Boring movie with an impossible notion of pure love. Zaroon and Sultanat are never going to get there but they can grow from here to somewhere bette

me holding my head Irshita , the episode did make me mad.. because he took her with him.. and  what off Kainat? .. no one seems to care about her special needs.. nope haven't seen the film you mention.. sorry if Iam being a grouch in my musings..i'll try to discipline my  knee jerk reactions.. erhh thanks for putting up with me... love hammie

Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

me holding my head Irshita , the episode did make me mad.. because he took her with him.. and  what off Kainat? .. no one seems to care about her special needs.. nope haven't seen the film you mention.. sorry if Iam being a grouch in my musings..i'll try to discipline my  knee jerk reactions.. erhh thanks for putting up with me... love hammie

@bold - this is why we see different things in the same episode. I don’t care about kainaat any more than the usual vamps in other shows. You still hold on to the sweet, innocent version of her from the first episode. 

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Irshita 

@bold - this is why we see different things in the same episode. I don’t care about kainaat any more than the usual vamps in other shows. You still hold on to the sweet, innocent version of her from the first episode.

must admit she baffles me..especially her  wicked chuckles.. nah man... she is far from sweet now..she snorts now.. I feel sorry for her..said this before she needs to get out of the shelter. and yes I miss her poetry .. I dont see any love between the sufiyana pair..  despite thier wordy confessions of love before all.  as for you and me.. shall we agree, to disagree?😃  

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

It will actually be interesting if the writers explore Zainab’s past.. how much did miajaan know? How much did the family know? How did zainab’s husband die? Was it a natural death? Could it be that ayub guy is zainab  husband’s child.. ayub is quite creepy like kainaat.. like sister.. like brother.. 

Actually I still find the family and their dynamics interesting. Miajaan grey would also make an interesting character.. his dynasty.. his legacy is of utmost importance... did his older son go too far that in order to protect his legacy, did he order a murder that was passed off as death? .. and then took zainab and kainat under his wings.. what Mamoon said is true once.. it isn’t as much about the wealth as much as about it’s the power that miajaan seems to hold.. 

honestly at this point, what can kainaat do.. she has already gone bonkers.. she can only do multiple attempts at murdering sultanat? Anything else left? Is she sane enough to play games intelligently? 

And yes, finally may be saroon do have a story.. Like it or not, their love has made a dent in miajaan’s ego.. previously, miajaan himself didn’t mind them getting married.. but the multiple marriages being halted followed by a public confession has clearly dented his image in the community. 

@irshita, the other day, you were speaking of maya Mehrotra.. actually one of the producers of this show was a part of beyhad writing team.. so I guess a part of kainat is definitely inspired from maya. And another producer was one of the writers of Ishq Subhan Allah... 

Itishri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lonelythots

Actually I still find the family and their dynamics interesting. 

And yes, finally may be saroon do have a story.. Like it or not, their love has made a dent in miajaan’s ego.. previously, miajaan himself didn’t mind them getting married.. but the multiple marriages being halted followed by a public confession has clearly dented his image in the community. 

@irshita, the other day, you were speaking of maya Mehrotra.. actually one of the producers of this show was a part of beyhad writing team.. so I guess a part of kainat is definitely inspired from maya. And another producer was one of the writers of Ishq Subhan Allah... 

I love the family dynamics in this show. they are more realistic than any other show. No one is black or white, except for the two FLs. Everyone has shades of grey. I also want to see more of Zainab's story along with the family's journey to the present.

SaRoon have the potential for an independent story now but will wait to see how the CVs handle it. I hope it doesn't get lost in Kainaat's counter-attacks. 

Maya Mehrotra and Kainaat - I didn't know that the shows shared producers. No wonder Kainaat keeps veering off the edge but is able to maintain the viewer sympathy due to other people's faults ie. the ML. This also explains why Zaroon also resembles the ML (can't remember the name) from the other show, who was also shown be self-centered.

Hamlet53 thumbnail

orginally posted by Lonelythots

hello there lonely thots

It will actually be interesting if the writers explore Zainab’s past.. how much did miajaan know? How much did the family know? How did zainab’s husband die? Was it a natural death? Could it be that ayub guy is zainab  husband’s child.. ayub is quite creepy like kainaat.. like sister.. like brother..

interesting thoughts, hope writers glance through your questions..perchance may base future episodes  on giving some anwers.. Jibran, like others too has an agenda..may be he is connected to kainat.. 

Actually I still find the family and their dynamics interesting. Miajaan grey would also make an interesting character.. his dynasty.. his legacy is of utmost importance... did his older son go too far that in order to protect his legacy, did he order a murder that was passed off as death? .. and then took zainab and kainat under his wings.. what Mamoon said is true once.. it isn’t as much about the wealth as much as about it’s the power that miajaan seems to hold.. 

if that speculation holds some ground.. then Mainjaan as a faith leader. would be very hypocritical.. hope its not true..however yes he does command a great deal of power..

honestly at this point, what can kainaat do.. she has already gone bonkers.. she can only do multiple attempts at murdering sultanat? Anything else left? Is she sane enough to play games intelligently?

she is held by the lunacy of love.. a negative energy  that is dangerously.. her misdeeds as it were to me very predictable, not much good will come out of them.. i suspect overall formula will be virtue  overcoming vice! 

this is so true..  i think for the sake of  holding his family together he shoulder consider their marriage.. only conflict he faces, is that perhaps Kainat will be wronged. But then again only recently he said to Mamoon  one cannot force  love and hate upon another.. its a person's own individual choice..So what remains is kainat to accept Zaroon never did and never will love her..her problem is her ongoing grievance with Saltanat..Mainjaan is wrestling with some complicated issues.. like  giving a fair judgement.. 

thanks for your views lonelythots.. love hammie