Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Whether she is or she is  not has nothing  to do with the show or is abyone's business. Kindly stop phelaoing bakwaas rumors  and focus on show 

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

She would've had to inform the producers and back out if that was the case. I say 'would' and not 'should' coz there was an actress who mentioned that most of them have clauses in their contracts that explicitly say that they cannot have kids during the duration of the show. While I totally hope that has been changing, you never know.

Even Aishwarya had to back out of Heroine when she was expecting. Kareena also told Sonam/Rhea that they can go ahead without her for Veere di Wedding, but they postponed the film, nice on their part.

Sikand already replaced Divyanka due to date issues, it is unlikely he would replace her with Dipika, knowing she's expecting. Just saying. If she is expecting, congratulations to her. I just hope they don't replace her. Changing leads midway ruins shows. Her and KVG somehow click onscreen.

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Whether she is or she is  not has nothing  to do with the show or is abyone's business. Kindly stop phelaoing bakwaas rumors  and focus on show 

^^^^^this

Seriously it’s 2019 and people can’t stop this nonsense

Pregnant women need to stop being equated with someone that is ill...most can continue to work like they normally would unless advised differently  by a doctor 

Edited by silvermoonlight - 4 years ago
Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

I think you are being a bit too harsh. OP had suspected Dipika was pregnant and posted it on the forum to see if anyone else thought the same. To be perfectly honest, I was also having doubts about Dipika's pregnancy because most of her clothes, so far, have been hiding her tummy. Also, there are not many full body shots of her. I was mainly scared because I don't want Dipika to be replaced when her and Karan have great chemistry. OP may have had the same legitimate concern so there's no need for such hostility. 

I love India Forums because we can ask any question we want and get back a civilized reply. Please lets keep the forum friendly. 

Edited by Arshian14 - 4 years ago
Sanavi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshian14

I think you are being a bit too harsh. OP had suspected Dipika was pregnant and posted it on the forum to see if anyone else thought the same. To be perfectly honest, I was also having doubts about Dipika's pregnancy because most of her clothes, so far, have been hiding her tummy. Also, there are not many full body shots of her. I was mainly scared because I don't want Dipika to be replaced when her and Karan have great chemistry. OP may have had the same legitimate concern so there's no need for such hostility. 

I love India Forums because we can ask any question we want and get back a civilized reply. Please lets keep the forum friendly. 

In saree, it doesn't look so. When she was rescuing Rohit in park and when she was lying down, it felt normal. 

I would be happy if she is pregnant, that phase is so beautiful in a women's life. She can continue to work even during pregnancy, when she has to go on maternity leave, they can show a separation track or something. But in all these why do I feel that this will be a finite series 

Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Pregnant women need to stop being equated with someone that is ill...most can continue to work like they normally would unless advised differently  by a doctor 

There's more to it than that. 

Most of the TV/film actresses unfortunately have clauses in their contracts which explicitly state they cannot have kids during the duration of the show; unless they are so famous that producers dare not include such a clause. I do think having such a clause is absolutely unfair. But I guess the crazy amount of money channel/producers spend on shows, makes them do all this idiotic stuff.

So they 'would' have to inform the production. It is not ideal but to avoid any legal hassles they would have to do it.

Also if they are beginning a love story and they know an actress is expecting at the start of the show, it will be difficult to incorporate it into the track.

If it happens in the middle of a long-running show then you can always weave in a track around it.

Also, actresses deserve maternity breaks too. It would be unfair to expect them to work under such conditions in 18 hour shifts. And having the female lead missing for 3-4 months is not possible on TV where things are centered around female leads.

Then having to replace the female lead 4-5 months into a show would be absurd.

Everything cannot be one-dimensionally linked to being against women. Sometimes other factors involved need to be taken into account.

If you plan a long-running show at a prime slot and you are replacing the actress you initially cast for the show (Divyanka), coz she had to back out at the last moment due to date issues.  The chances of signing an actress who you know is expecting would be very less. 

Though in general, I totally agree with your comment. The glass ceiling that women have to face even in the corporate setup has to go. 

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

She would've had to inform the producers and back out if that was the case. I say 'would' and not 'should' coz there was an actress who mentioned that most of them have clauses in their contracts that explicitly say that they cannot have kids during the duration of the show. While I totally hope that has been changing, you never know.

Even Aishwarya had to back out of Heroine when she was expecting. Kareena also told Sonam/Rhea that they can go ahead without her for Veere di Wedding, but they postponed the film, nice on their part.

Sikand already replaced Divyanka due to date issues, it is unlikely he would replace her with Dipika, knowing she's expecting. Just saying. If she is expecting, congratulations to her. I just hope they don't replace her. Changing leads midway ruins shows. Her and KVG somehow click onscreen.

Was Divyanka first choice for Sonakshi's character? But she is already lead of another show in same channel.sp generally do not  cast same person as female lead for two shows😕

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NeverOldEnough

Was Divyanka first choice for Sonakshi's character? But she is already lead of another show in same channel.sp generally do not  cast same person as female lead for two shows😕

YHM was supposed to end last October with a foreign shoot. That is when DT did a look test for this show. Looks like things even got finalised. However, StarPlus gave YHM and indefinite extension forcing Divyanka to back out of this new show since she can’t shoot for two daily soaps where she is the FL in both. Somehow, even the project got delayed. YHM kept getting one extension after another. Some reports claim that the show will not got off air before 2020. So Sandiip had to look for other options and that is where Dipika comes into the picture. Dipika was apparently one of Sandiip’s initial choices after Divyanka. Things clicked and Dipika bagged the lead. 

So yeah, Divyanka would’ve done this show if YHM had indeed ended last October as planned. Due to multiple extensions given by StarPlus, she couldn’t do KHKT

Daebak thumbnail

Originally posted by: NeverOldEnough

I read Dipika's interview where she said she was approached for this show before she went to Big Boss but then she entered the BB house so they couldnt discuss further and she thought they mustve cast someone else in the time she was doing BB.

Later Sandeep told her that Divyanka backed out coz she is doing 3 shows. Ekta show, then the webshow with Rajeev Khandelwal and she was hosting that reality show. So he approached Dipika again. So she was saying she was destined to do this show.

Sandeep is good friends with Divyanka, so he mustve approached. I wouldnt have watched this show if it had Divyanka. I dont like her.