Donal's performance as Happy

Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised by Donal's performance in yesterday episode.

I enjoyed her talking to the flowers. It was a scene that reminded us of the carefree Happy from the commencement of the show. It was likely introduced to emphasize to the viewers that the actress playing Happy was changed. The scene could have turned out awkward and forced,  but I found it natural.

Then, the scene with Happy's mother: when she played with the doll or put the head on her lap, I could feel Happy's sorrow, desperation, and longing for things to be how they used to be. 

The scene with Honey also flew easily. And the flashback with Rocky fit well into the narrative that I almost forgot that it didn't happen and was recently filmed.

Overall, I liked her performance and I can't believe that she is the same actress that I remembered to be wooden in her acting. Maybe her previous roles were more difficult to act and "Happy" comes closer to her personality. She must really love the character which is good as half of the job is done if one wants to the work. I am sure she could have gotten a lead role in a new serial, but she chose this show.

I don't know how long this show is going to last in these new conditions, but I appreciate what Donal brought to Happy: a calmness and a serenity that can be explored later.

Edited by Etna_Dia - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

afideen thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Etna_Dia

I enjoyed her talking to the flowers. It was a scene that reminded us of the carefree Happy from the commencement of the show. It was likely introduced to emphasize to the viewers that the actress playing Happy was changed. The scene could have turned out awkward and forced,  but I found it natural.

Then, the scene with Happy's mother: when she played with the doll or put the head on her lap, I could feel Happy's sorrow, desperation, and longing for things to be how they used to be. 

The scene with Honey also flew easily. And the flashback with Rocky fit well into the narrative that I almost forgot that it didn't happen and was recently filmed.

Overall, I liked her performance and I can't believe that she is the same actress that I remembered to be wooden in her acting. Maybe her previous roles were more difficult to act and "Happy" comes closer to her personality. She must really love the character which is good as half of the job is done if one wants to the work. I am sure she could have gotten a lead role in a new serial, but she chose this show.

I don't know how long this show is going to last in these new conditions, but I appreciate what Donal brought to Happy: a calmness and a serenity that can be explored later.

Im sure the only thing we dont like is that our old cast is gone and the story has changed. We loved AnshMin together and thats why its hard to accept Donal in her place. 

I guess Donal is not a bad person but still if compared to Jasmin the latter would always surpass. And i am sure if we had gotten Donal as Happy from the start then we would have been outraged if she was replaced too. So its not about the actress - its about whom we formed an attachment with. We always associated Happy with Jasmin and Ansh with Rocky and hence AnshMin became our RoHa. And now its hard to accept otherwise.

And i guess Jasmin flashbacks will be out of the picture now. I wonder how Rockys flashbacks are gonna be when he meets Happy. 

Also now Honey uses Honey Ka Funda Clear.

Golu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I also liked Donal and I am glad you made this a topic. I wanted to talk about it but I thought everyone has left after Jasmin and no one would want to discuss the show any further.😆

I had zero expectations when I watched but Donal wasn't a shock either.😆 Instead she was really pleasant to watch. I too found her performance natural and light. It was all fitting. Not over done. The emotions were natural and she didn't seem under pressure to match up to Jasmin. She was doing it her way and it was good to see. 

Her tone doesn't match up to Punjabi kudi Jasmin and she doesn't have that natural domination in her with which Happy sunaoed Rocky in early episodes😆But as you said, she has brought serenity and calmness in her. Her smile isn't troubled. Just like Jasmin during Pre-Holi.

She said she took the show mid way because she loved the character of Happy. It is really a good point about Donal which will make her more appealing to the audiences.

She looks good with Ansh. The chemistry and magic will not be the same but I have somehow made peace with Jasmin leaving because it was her own decision and she is happy quitting it. She left because of story going nowhere but now they are trying to improve the plot with new entries. Still, this doesn't have much scope.

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Read some where , actually I think it was a video spoiler news, so could be fake, but, DB was one of several actresses considered for happy's role!!! those actresses also include helly shah, I don't remember the names of other actresses but among all of them JB was finalized to play happy's role.

Could be true, couldn't be!!!

@etna:have nothing against the actress but like aifdeen said, it's hard to see anyone else as happy.

Golu14 thumbnail

Originally posted by: afideen

Im sure the only thing we dont like is that our old cast is gone and the story has changed. We loved AnshMin together and thats why its hard to accept Donal in her place. 

I guess Donal is not a bad person but still if compared to Jasmin the latter would always surpass. And i am sure if we had gotten Donal as Happy from the start then we would have been outraged if she was replaced too. So its not about the actress - its about whom we formed an attachment with. We always associated Happy with Jasmin and Ansh with Rocky and hence AnshMin became our RoHa. And now its hard to accept otherwise.

And i guess Jasmin flashbacks will be out of the picture now. I wonder how Rockys flashbacks are gonna be when he meets Happy. 

Also now Honey uses Honey Ka Funda Clear.

You know what, even if Jasmin hadn't quitted, it would not have mattered much. The picture would still have been gloomy. The magic was already gone with RanHa marriage and the leap. Not to forget Rocky's bad marriage.

Now even if we had Anshmin after the leap, it would not have felt the same what we felt before with them together. No matter what, their intimate scenes, like the one we got during honeymoon, are not going to look good.

Rocky is married and has a kid. He is extremely rude to his wife and child and gives them no damn for no fault of theirs. He would want to ditch Harleen without a second thought. Here Momsy will be right in blaming Happy for returning to spoil Harleen's life.

All I can say is that, the best days of RoHa were played by Anshmin. There was anyways no scope for exploring Anshmin's chemistry post leap. 

Jasmin's exit has not caused any major loss to us but her exit has opened another door for Anshmin to come together again in future. Had they worked till the end, there might not have been any chance left to see them again.

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Etna_Dia

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

i had never liked the donal because of her privies shows but yes i admit it she was a lot better in this show. although i did not watch the show properly.

afideen thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Golu14

You know what, even if Jasmin hadn't quitted, it would not have mattered much. The picture would still have been gloomy. The magic was already gone with RanHa marriage and the leap. Not to forget Rocky's bad marriage.

Now even if we had Anshmin after the leap, it would not have felt the same what we felt before with them together. No matter what, their intimate scenes, like the one we got during honeymoon, are not going to look good.

Rocky is married and has a kid. He is extremely rude to his wife and child and gives them no damn for no fault of theirs. He would want to ditch Harleen without a second thought. Here Momsy will be right in blaming Happy for returning to spoil Harleen's life.

All I can say is that, the best days of RoHa were played by Anshmin. There was anyways no scope for exploring Anshmin's chemistry post leap. 

Jasmin's exit has not caused any major loss to us but her exit has opened another door for Anshmin to come together again in future. Had they worked till the end, there might not have been any chance left to see them again.

Yes you are right! Now this story revolves around terrorists, drugs, kidnapping and killings. 😥

And yeah for now i feel kinda bad for Harleen. She seems to care for Rocky. And he treats her badly. I am not sure how Rocky and Happy will be able to unite with Harleen in the picture. Surely they will make her an evil person in order to accomplish that. Oh well lets see how it unfolds. If this finishes fast i can look forward to a new Ansh show. 

In bold - Fingers crossed for a future AnshMin show. Ansh said he would like to work with Jasmin again. So im hoping for good show for AnshMin in the future. ❤

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2
Golu14 thumbnail

Yup. I saw Ansh's stories! He really has a nice way of responding to every msg 😆 Loving him! ❤️