One tracking feather...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ My Musings 24.6.19~ One tracking feather..

Feathers have always connected Zaroon and Saltanat in one way or another. Feathers, have always brought them closer in a silent, surreal, spiritual way. This episode provides the contrast between the light, almost weightless feather, as opposed to the heavy wooden weighed down chest. Can there be a connection between these two most unlikely objects? One free and the other a captive. Perhaps a communicative correlation one?  

Saltanat boxed, padlocked, gagged struggles in the wooden chest. Kainat creates the final fissure between Sultanat and Zaroon.Yet the light- weight stray feather like before, continues to establish a spiritual communication between the forced apart pair Sufiyana lovers.

The big day arrives, Kainat cannot contain her glee. Her confidence at almost arriving at her destination is bursting at the seams. She knows how to manipulate people’s weakness.Hamza will dispose of the boxed off Saltanat. All under the very noses of the family members, occupied with wedding day chores. The transportation of the box continues to be sneaked from one point to the other looking for a safe exit! Saltanat is not visible,but she still roves around the house, all boxed up!

Pink seems to be the colour theme of the day, subtle, soft, reserved. Kainat decks up as a bride in rose gold shades.Makes me wonder how she always looked upon Zaroon through rose tinted glasses! But really she is like the blushing rose with deadly, prickly, menacing thorns! Even on her big day, she ensures that Saltanat is not just pushed into the water but needs to stay under water till she makes the final exit from  her life! In fact till Saltanat reaches the land of no return. So despite her self-assurance and poise there resides in Kainat , an insecurity, what if her happiness is once more robbed away by the sudden appearance of Saltanat ? 

At last Jibran Ayub too turns up dolled up in pink. Both him and Neelam appear colour co-ordinated  for the occasion .Neelam has just the task for him! be a skivvy! Push and tip Kainat’s chest of bad memories in the river! Neelam’s comment about the heavy chest containing some dead body! is dark humour which is chillingly prophetic!

The happy bride cannot but help spurt out ! the reality of loathing Saltanat! Maybe this success has gone to her head? Zainabi s taken aback by Kainat’s continued hate towards her cousin. Zainab rightly reminds  Kainat , that had Sultanat not backed out, she wouldn’t have got the breakthrough of marrying Zaroon! These reminders,I suspect fan even more hatred in Kainat towards Saltanat. She becomes more paranoid about actually killing Saltanat with her bare hands!

Kainat even frightens and emotionallyblack mails Sabina, into  forcing her topush the wooden chest with Saltanat in the water. Sabina begins to dread Kainat’sorders to leave the wooden chest  immersed in the swimming pool till there is nohope for Saltanat to live. Kainat  knowsand presses on Sabina‘s raw nerve of  losingher love Nadeem , to the bit of a fashion conscious Rubina . Kainat now usesher gift of speaking  manipulative wordsthat play on her victims weakness.

Even Zaroon makes use of other people’s lesser known facts for his personal motives. The strange out of character disappearance of Saltanat , especially on Kainat  wedding day, actually bothers Zaroon. I liked the way he talks sense with Zainab,. That he wants to bid a last farewell to Saltanat, so he can give a proper closure to their relationship! So that  he can marry Kainat  without thinking of it as some kind of compromise! The classic bit is when Zaroon reveals that he is aware that it was she, Zainab , who held back Saltanat from accepting him!

This clearly frightens Zainab he mightexpose her. So  she has no choice but toassure Zaroon  that she will for sure!bring Saltanat to him. I sincerely felt that at this point, Zaroon had no intention of blaming or coercing Zainab.. he only wanted to see Saltanat safe..

Whereasm Kainat is seen as the blissful,giddy preening bride. In contrast Zaroon is seen as the irate, restless,unhappy groom, who is nearly struck across his face by his father. It is sad tohear Zaroon protest, that today of all the days should not be the day, hisfather should be slapping him!He meant Mamoon should be grateful that his sonis swallowing a bitter pill to make his dream come true!

But the cruellest cut, Zaroon gets iswhat as  a son he admits to his mother!that he would  refuse to  marry Kainat.. but cannot, because Saltanat’sweakness about being silent about their love is that which makes him drink froma poisoned chalice!

To me, the guiding feather, encourages healing in Zaroon, from the heavy emotional burden he is carrying at the moment! The tracking feather, leads him to the wooden chest with his captured love in it! The perched dove reminds me this time of Zaroon, connecting spiritually to the concealed boxed up Saltanat. As if to assure her, Zaroon trips by the ill-fated wooden chest! His  resting palm upon the box, spontaneously makes her question the unseen,,sensed  presence out   this box.. “is that you?

Will these two meet in the real world? Or only experience each others presence in spirit ? Zaroon gets signs of Saltanat being absent without good reason. The moon, the swirling, falling, resting against his heart feather! the dove feather that guides him and the dove, alls peak the message.  Zaroon needs to actively seek Saltanat! Her gagged mouth mumbles his name..  23.6.19.hamlet53.

Today the navigating feather  was a bit incredible .I thought Helly and Rajveer . in role were  just fantastic ..

Generally ,this wedding that comes after many  years, yet  it is underlined with some approaching  storm. Mainjaan was the only one who stayed benign and  almost happy.. I think he must have heard Mamoon having a go at Zaroon, so may be he just intervened and took, Mamoon  away to approve  the arrangement.s  

thanks Lonely thots , Irshita for your great comments.

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie, 

By and large a very nonsensical episode for me.. 

Kainaat wants the chest pushed into the Shah Manzil pool and let it sink till sultanat is actually dead.. what a hare-brained idea??? I can’t even pin it down to frustration!!! Kainaat is well aware that every body knows the chest belongs to her and if a dead sultanat is found in that post her marriage, how would she escape?! Clearly ridiculous!!! 

And humza can himself drive a car or may be borrow ayub’s.... really all drivers are busy is a lame reason to have the chest in the house!! 

the feather guiding zaroon to sultanat literally had me rolling my eyes.. sorry but not sorry, I found it a little too much.. even my 10 year old nephew commented ‘yeh kuch zyada nahi ho gaya’ 😂.. I guess this is their sufiyana pyaar that the writers want to show.. 

Phew.. Rant over.. moving onto the better parts.. 

zaroon and Mamoon.. zaroon did deliver some home truths to him.. zaroon’s angst was on point.. and even the scene with his mom was pretty poignant.. 

Humza - loved how he is maturely coping with the aftermath of the revelation that he and kainaat can’t be married. 

Sabina for all her malicious intents and wicked mind.. nice to know she doesn’t really believe murdering people at the drop of a hat.. 

Zaroon’s weird dialogues to Zainab.. am guessing that zaroon was just setting up zainab, since he believes sultanat is there in kainaat’s chest and even Sabina was panicking.. Sabina-zaroon scene was not shown.. tomorrow I guess , it will be revealed that indirectly it was zaroon who saved sultanat.. 

I think 2 more episodes till sultanat finally makes an entry to the venue and confesses her love.. hopefully they are better written..

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

In yesterday's episode, Kainaat declares to everyone, I mean everyone she talked to, that the trunk contains her old stuff. Now she wants to put the trunk in the pool for everyone find it with dead Sultanat. Seriously?! She did a good job of kidnappings but obviously hasn't killed enough. Sigh! some ideas for dear Kainaat: Drop a scorpion, snake or a gas bomb? cyanide? overdose with sleeping pills or drugs? Take Sultanat out of the damn trunk, suffocate her with a pillow, and put her under her own bed!  I so wanted to text Kainaat some useful ideas. I hate nincompoop vamps. That suits only FLs. Good planning and efficient execution define great vamps. 

Sabina proved me right! Not only she is hare-brained like her niece, but she is also no help in getting rid of Sultanat properly. Suddenly she grows a conscience when she has to do the killing? what was she thinking when Kainaat asked first asked the servents and then Humza to throw the trunk in the river? that the trunk was going to take Sultanat to the magical land of far, far away?

Feather was funny - added some much need comic relief to the episode. It was so ridiculous that it killed any impact of the supposed proof of sufiyana emotions.

Zaroon and his family scenes were best. I am liking Mamoon more than before. He is such a goal driven, straight-shooting guy. I want to know more about Mamoon and Ghazala's relationship. They are poles apart and yet they seem to be close enough. I don't know if Ghazala is scared of her husband but she doesn't oppose him. 

Humza seems to the sanest person around. Mia Jaan has his head buried in the sand. As long as his Kainaat is getting married, he is fine. 

Not getting this Ayub-Neelam angle. I feel Neelam is too much of a side character to pull along Ayub into the main storyline.  

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

PS @Lonelythots - 

I realized the show has already become Saroon-centric as promised by the actors when I read your comment yesterday. The CVs are totally focused on proving sufiyana-ness of their love with the dargah scene, extra tears, flying feathers, etc.   

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  helooo Lonelythots,😃 

By and large a very nonsensical episode for me.. 

love your intial line!  it made me chuckle! I need some guffaws to get through the  romantic bits especially..

Kainaat wants the chest pushed into the Shah Manzil pool and let it sink till sultanat is actually dead.. what a hare-brained idea??? I can’t even pin it down to frustration!!! Kainaat is well aware that every body knows the chest belongs to her and if a dead sultanat is found in that post her marriage, how would she escape?! Clearly ridiculous!!!

yes truesay..  and what if the wretched box floats inside of sinking? Kainat assumes that Saltanat  is weighty enough for the wooden chest to sink.. unreal! and sink or not it will be clearly visible in the  small clear water poor!  I guess the cvs just want to show that Kainat is one bimbo who just wants Saltanat dead, even if it means putting her own neck on the line!  

And humza can himself drive a car or may be borrow ayub’s.... really all drivers are busy is a lame reason to have the chest in the house!! 

noooo! Humza was perhaps serving drinks! and   starters!

the feather guiding zaroon to sultanat literally had me rolling my eyes.. sorry but not sorry, I found it a little too much.. even my 10 year old nephew commented ‘yeh kuch zyada nahi ho gaya’ 😂.. I guess this is their sufiyana pyaar that the writers want to show.. 

haaaaaa haaa! bless him! even he  knows  the difference between fantasy and reality 

Phew.. Rant over.. moving onto the better parts.. 

zaroon and Mamoon.. zaroon did deliver some home truths to him.. zaroon’s angst was on point.. and even the scene with his mom was pretty poignant.. 

trust  ghazala to tell her baby boy,to cop out of the whole affair, opposing her husbands stance..

Humza - loved how he is maturely coping with the aftermath of the revelation that he and kainaat can’t be married. 

yes  me too is beginning to notice his presence in the show

Sabina for all her malicious intents and wicked mind.. nice to know she doesn’t really believe murdering people at the drop of a hat.. 

I thought,  being Kainat's god mother! she would have the girt too!

Zaroon’s weird dialogues to Zainab.. am guessing that zaroon was just setting up zainab, since he believes sultanat is there in kainaat’s chest and even Sabina was panicking.. Sabina-zaroon scene was not shown.. tomorrow I guess , it will be revealed that indirectly it was zaroon who saved sultanat.. 

yes ofcourse it will be Saltanat's knight in shining whose war stratagem  will  save his lady in distress..  I wonder if  Kainat will marry Zaroon?I know its an improbability  in view of the plot, but would be an interesting watch, for me at least.

I think 2 more episodes till sultanat finally makes an entry to the venue and confesses her love.. hopefully they are better written

I suspect the viewers will have thier dreams come true.. Sufiyana couple hitched! kainat locked up alive in the damp,dark, dungeon in the basement of Sah manzil..

I loved! kainats! wicked, evil, chuckles and giggles! these days , Its  Kainat who pulls me into watching the show! 

Lonely thots, thanks for sharing  your honest views, lets contiue watching the show.. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

helloo Irshita,  me expecting some amusement from your comment.. need it, currently!

In yesterday's episode, Kainaat declares to everyone, I mean everyone she talked to, that the trunk contains her old stuff. Now she wants to put the trunk in the pool for everyone find it with dead Sultanat. Seriously?! She did a good job of kidnappings but obviously hasn't killed enough. Sigh! some ideas for dear Kainaat: Drop a scorpion, snake or a gas bomb? cyanide? overdose with sleeping pills or drugs? Take Sultanat out of the damn trunk, suffocate her with a pillow, and put her under her own bed!  I so wanted to text Kainaat some useful ideas. I hate nincompoop vamps. That suits only FLs. Good planning and efficient execution define great vamps. 

It's like  the cv's are in great haste to do away with the character of Kainat, so they can begin the woolly  pyaar of the much desired by veiwers , Sufiyana pair.Like I said before, cvs should visit some of your simple yet workable ideas to murder one's foe.Cv's  want to prove  in every possible way, that Kainat is indeed a Shadow of the glorious Saltanat! that  she is dense. before Saltanats, intelligence and knowledge! that kainat   remains part of the furniture, while all else look up to saltanat in awe! So the blunders Kainat  is seen to be committing is to rip her character to bits!

Sabina proved me right! Not only she is hare-brained like her niece, but she is also no help in getting rid of Sultanat properly. Suddenly she grows a conscience when she has to do the killing? what was she thinking when Kainaat asked first asked the servents and then Humza to throw the trunk in the river? that the trunk was going to take Sultanat to the magical land of far, far away?

your comment makes me think, with regards to Sabina's moral qualms.. i think she is perhaps realising that  apart from being childisly obdurate. about wanting desired objects. Kainat shows signs of some serious mental health issues.. talking cold blooded murder..  

Feather was funny - added some much need comic relief to the episode. It was so ridiculous that it killed any impact of the supposed proof of sufiyana emotions.

you said it mate!  comic relief!! and right again,  no real feel of sufiyana love.. i think viewers like myself  will always nit pick about the show title, concept of some spiritual  idyllic romance, which my soul fails to connect with!

Zaroon and his family scenes were best. I am liking Mamoon more than before. He is such a goal driven, straight-shooting guy. I want to know more about Mamoon and Ghazala's relationship. They are poles apart and yet they seem to be close enough. I don't know if Ghazala is scared of her husband but she doesn't oppose him. 

I recall that in the episode, Zaroon mocked his father about what would he know about love.. he never loved, or something to that effect.. may be his parents had an arranged marriage..? but to me both father and son are far from mates.. now with this  near enough forcing his son to marry K..  has brought in fresh bitterness.. Ghazala. Z scene was typical maa/puttar scene..! awwwww..

Humza seems to the sanest person around. Mia Jaan has his head buried in the sand. As long as his Kainaat is getting married, he is fine. 

yes.. me to pausing to note the occupied,staid humza.. his bhen is airy fairy as usual... 

Not getting this Ayub-Neelam angle. I feel Neelam is too much of a side character to pull along Ayub into the main storylin

Jibran is not going to let go of  her..she is the ideal stepping stone into striding into the Shah clan!

waise Irshita, I have now come to the stage where me looking out for the affluent, ostentacious  outfits! and Kainat's tamesha's 

Thanks for your engaging comment, enjoyed reading it.. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

PS @Lonelythots - 

I realized the show has already become Saroon-centric as promised by the actors when I read your comment yesterday. The CVs are totally focused on proving sufiyana-ness of their love with the dargah scene, extra tears, flying feathers, etc.  

🤣 😛  just ace! your comment!   you sure do add the much needed amusement to my posts.. even I am beginning to  forget my own laughter!

hammie!