Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Okay so this is gonna be a long rant...bear with me and if u read this comment ur feelings!!!!

So i watched it today...kya banaya hai re?! I so get it why Sridevi didn't want Janhvi to debut with this film.

It was so freakin obvious that the film was made for Ananya's debut...and it somehow made the first film look like a freakin masterpiece. And Tiger was in it due to his popularity. And how can a Dharma film be complete without Alia?! There is a concept called saturation point and overexposure...and thats what has happened with Alia. She does not have to be everywhere!

I was so happy when it was announced that an actual talented performer Tara was going to be a part of it but mahn oh mahn...they gave her such a half baked role.

It was so clear right from the beginning that Tara was just there coz KJo wanted to balance the nepotism vs outsider thing. Ananya's character was MADE to feel sympathy for- mom dies while giving her birth, father calls her panauti, older brother is a total doodie, she cuts her bday cake alone and has no friends, she wins both the dance competitions also...like hadh hai yaar kuch toh chodh dete. Mia on the other hand was shown to be this one dimensional shallow girl who just wanted to climb up the ladder. 

I was so pissed coz Tara is such a talented dancer and they showed Shreya winning over Mia for a few lifts and jumps and stretches that is apparently called "contemporary dance". KJo, u actually had a professional BALLERINA as one of ur leads!!! And u did not utilise talent (not that I expect u to..because Nepotism > Talent)

And what did people mean by the great acting done by Ananya? All she said was duffer and idiot 100 times in every scene, played stupid pranks and spoke with that typical Bandra girl tone and slur (Any Mumbaikar will know what I am talking about). Despite the fact that the makers wanted us to feel sympathy for her character, I couldn't feel sh*t. In fact Tara made me despise her a bit (even after the awful writing)...in fact I was happy to listen to hear her speak Hindi properly unlike Ananya...and the girl is from South Bombay..!!

Tara is clearly the superior actor amongst the two...I am so waiting for RX 100 remake and Marjaawaan to see her true talent.

Atleast the first movie gave equal screen space to the leads as well as the supporting cast...isme toh that Pishorilal gang was so annoying. Manav ki kitni dadagiri dikhayi hai, itna kaisa udh raha hai papa ke naam pe? Pehli movie mein Rohan was treated like an equal to all the other students and I think his father was also a trustee na.

How I wished Varun and Sid had made an appearance along with Alia in this film...not just Alia...for #Talia...serious #Talia to me to have made it thru the entire film without sleeping.

Comment ur feelings on the movie as well as my rant coz this is the only place I could do this xD

Kthanksbye

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Wholeheartedly agree with what you said. I haven't watched the movie myself but from the trailer and promos it seemed clear to me that ananya was given the better role. After the film released I saw everyone going gaga over Ananya, and saying that she is better than Tara. And all this is damn infuriating to me. Yes, Ananya might go on to really become the superior actress of the two in the future. But for now no way does she deserve to be put ahead for this one SOTY.

What Kjo did was beyond disgusting if you ask me. Tara was promoted in the posters as much as the other two only to keep the nepotism criticisms under control. In reality she was given a half baked character in the film while Ananya was given a role designed to make us feel sympathy for her. 

KJO Is probably expecting everyone to go gaga over Ananya and think what a talented actor she is. Must say his plan is partially working, seeing the tons of interviews of Ananya that come out everyday and the way the interviewers gush about her as if she just delivered an Oscar-worthy performance  ðŸ¤ª...

Gosh. HATE Kjo and his entire nepo kids and parents circle.🤢

Edited by FilmiDhun - 4 years ago
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I saw it couple of days ago and I don't think Ananya acted better than Tara. They were pretty much the same level. Ananya was just being herself apart from some scenes here and there. Both of them have a lot to improve. Mia's character was so shit and I could not make any sense of it. If Shreya was given to Tara, I think the movie would have been so much better. Imagine Tara dancing to Fakira.

The movie was waste, I did not feel any chemistry or love or anything. In fact Tara had better chemistry with Tiger in the initial part of the movie than Ananya had with him later in the movie.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

Wholeheartedly agree with what you said. I haven't watched the movie myself but from the trailer and promos it seemed clear to me that ananya was given the better role. After the film released I saw everyone going gaga over Ananya, and saying that she is better than Tara. And all this is damn infuriating to me. Yes, Ananya might go on to really become the superior actress of the two in the future. But for now no way does she deserve to be put ahead for this one SOTY.

What Kjo did was beyond disgusting if you ask me. Tara was promoted in the posters as much as the other two only to keep the nepotism criticisms under control. In reality she was given a half baked character in the film while Ananya was given a role designed to make us feel sympathy for her. 

KJO Is probably expecting everyone to go gaga over Ananya and think what a talented actor she is. Must say his plan is partially working, seeing the tons of interviews of Ananya that come out everyday and the way the interviewers gush about her as if she just delivered an Oscar-worthy performance  ðŸ¤ª...

Gosh. HATE Kjo and his entire nepo kids and parents circle.🤢

Totally agreed. Tara faced the most bashing also, because of her character and the one dimensional writing. No actor can make a horribly written role work.

About the interviews, voh paise deke karaya hai. Sara was way better than Ananya in Kedarnath and even Simmba, but she doesn't have interviews coming out every other day. These interviews are basically damage control over SOTY 2, the nepotism criticism and the gossip about her school days...somehow I feel Ananya is doing so many interviews because Tara is the one who got an international makeup brand and was more recognised during the promotions because people know her from Disney xD See for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWDmqReSGQ

Even the title has Tara's name before the others...this had cracked me up xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzEA0xoCLZ0

This is the one I am talking about

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: SatoshiNakamoto

I saw it couple of days ago and I don't think Ananya acted better than Tara. They were pretty much the same level. Ananya was just being herself apart from some scenes here and there. Both of them have a lot to improve. Mia's character was so shit and I could not make any sense of it. If Shreya was given to Tara, I think the movie would have been so much better. Imagine Tara dancing to Fakira.

The movie was waste, I did not feel any chemistry or love or anything. In fact Tara had better chemistry with Tiger in the initial part of the movie than Ananya had with him later in the movie.

Imo Tara would've made a way better Shreya. She has always played these girl-next-door roles and has nailed it. When I heard the song, I really thought Fakira would be picturised on these two so I can totally imagine them in Fakira, both are amazing dancers so it would've been a dream...and here's the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVtX1LKulao

But gaane mein bhi favoritism. Atleast in the first film u couldn't guess from the promos ki Shanaya kiske paas jaayegi. And all three of them were there in Ishq Wala Love with equal screen time. Hadh hai sach mein.

Completely agree with the chemistry part, Tara and Tiger really had chemistry, unlike Ananya and Tiger...that just felt too rushed and forced. Their duet was also messed up, notice the frequent camera angle changes and cuts so that the viewer cannot focus on Ananya's dancing.

This is a video I found of Tara's sister Pia dancing...both of them have trained from the same ballet institute so I imagine Tara must also be performing the same way...just imagine Tara performing like this on Fakira hayeee the song would've become a bigger hit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8h8c3h7NY

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Tara has zero screen presence with a cringeworthy dialogue delivery. Ananya is pretty and adorable. She stole the show in SOTY. Even in the promotional interviews, Tara was so dull while Ananya was a firecracker, totally bindaas. 

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This is how Johar made Alia. He's just following the handbook. 

Sad thing is gullible folks fall for it every damn time!!!!