What i felt wrong with today's episode

Hallyumint thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I couldn't agree with the heroine' way of thinking this epi nor with the hero's reaction. The whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way. 

So i will deconstruct as to what was wrong about the beginning of the epi.

There is a particular idea that is often stereotyped.  

"Woman are always right and men are wrong ! " and  Devoted sanskari daughters are good humans beings specially the salwar kameez clad middle class kind. ( Not my thought but ekta Kapoor brand of logic ) Their flaws are nonexistent.

Never have i seen this notion so badly misused here as i did this episode. 

Sandy is a foolish woman. Agreed but what would made it acceptable was had she been honest about her intentions to herself to angad rather than justifying it. Out of respect for their relationship she owed him & herself that honesty.

In the beginning they portrayed Sandy as the wronged party mistakenly deceived into believing Angad cheated on her. But it came out as Sandy wanted to maintain her good girl image so she wanted Angad to be the bad guy ! Her righteous indignation was hypocritical here. 

Observe 

Right in middle of the ring ceremony she was gawking at his best friend practically flirting with him right when her fiance deserved her utmost attention on Him !!!

Then afterwards when she ran into him in the garden on their special day she checks him out for a possible future together.  

Guys up till point if a man did all this even innocently you'd call him out for flirting. You would be fuming on the girl's behalf who was madly in love with him. You would want them to break up. 

And what was the justification Bhagwan shivji showed me my future husband. So ya i dont have to wacth the way i act. I don't have free will here.

Not I am slightly attracted to kapil here and i am tempted by the possibility of a future with him. But i don't want let go of Angad either incase it doesn't work out.

Hello devoted fiance,  his best friend , you flirting...

Edited by Hallyumint - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hallyumint thumbnail

Then we have sandy torn between both guys. Not considering that one is the best friend here.

I'd say at this point she doesn't have any real feelings for kapil rather for Angad. She was just window shopping.... Better prospects 

Right on cue she hears Angad & N 's convo.

Permission granted to act on her desires. aka shivji's vardaan & angad's possible cheating.

You can see the dishonesty here..

If there was trust between them she would have given him the benefit of the doubt and cleared it out with him if not fought with him but still cleared it out.

Then comes her catching him falling on top of N and storming off. 

At this point i don't blame her misunderstanding him. Any girl in her place would have stormed off.

But the way she dealt with this afterwards is one i blame. 

No girl is that stupid as to get easily manipulated by someone's smooth talking. Certainly not go into rebound sex. Give us girls some credit we value our personal safety over everything else !!

If it were me I'd question why my fiance's besty is egging me against him ?? 😡 At the very least warning bells would be ringing here. Like is this guy trying to take advantage here ? Tree marriage is such a darn flimsy excuse shivji or no. 

Small note aside : Her Missionary position offended me. But that's for another time. 

So bad representation of girls here ! 

Now the scene that really infuriated me was the beginning of today's epi.

You just married your fiance's best friend and are sleeping with him just hours before your actual wedding and you want to rub that in his face. Even if you scar the guy for life. Very sensitive Sandy 😡

Here's the thing emotional safety doesn't just applies to girls but to guys as well. Nobody likes being vunerable & when they do gather the courage...That's grade A jerk behaviour. 

Infuriating moment : She accuses him of breaking her trust while she's cheating on him. On top of that she flings around how sanskari she is for lying to her parent to get out of the house to marry him. 

See her Justification: Im a good girl..Angad is the bad guy ! So no recriminations will fall on me if i run off with the besty. Angad will take the fall for it.  He will be denounced in front of the family 

Not only is he going to get his heart stomped on no to add insult to injury he is going to be blamed for it. Guilted into it.

You can see how traumatising it can be for any person male or female. And if a guy did all that you would have pitchforks ready for him....

Would you give such a guy even a second chance.. 

The other moment was Sandy asking for Kapil right in front of Angad's family no less..Like show some sensitivity girl. You're humiliating him in front of his own family. 

At the end of the epi Angad's reaction to the whole was so wrong on all levels.

No recriminations no questioning her no rethinking marriage here... just complete forgiveness and acceptance. She got off easily both from her fiance and his family. 

No guy does that in real life ever.  At very least my pride would have gotten injured if someone accused me of cheating.

Sandy needed to do some serious grovelling here.

You know if a guy rebounded on me in retaliation because he thought i cheated on him..Id have some serious trust issues.

And finally there was no self realization no self censure on Sandy's part.  She felt guilty for rudely talking with him but she didn't equate the cheating with herself nor did ask forgiveness or explained. She just happily went off into the sunset with the guy.

So you can see why I'm angry here. Sandy's good image was given more importance here by the writers and her own character. The end justifies the means.

Conclusion: 

If they had shown her being honest about her desires rather than blaming Angad & shivji for it.

If she had shown sensitivity and tact.

If she had not been so eager to push all the blame on Angad to save herself.

I could have related to her character better. I would have seen her as a human. That yes girl's do make mistakes. Not this hypocritical Sanskari nari nonsense...

Yup Sandy was a complete A * hole 

The End 

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Totally agreed with each and every point of u. From the day one Sandhya is hell confused and after seeing kapil's image in Temple her confusion increased more.  And she was keen on to find flaw in Angad. 

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Exactly !! It was funny when she lashed out at him and blamed him of cheating. She was happy she left him behind by marrying someone else in this race of two timing. I was like what the hell woman !! You want to compete with him in this. In which bloody world she lives even? She had no idea who this person Kapil is. What he does and what's his past. And she readily married him without caring to properly end her relationship with Angad. She was at the temple to marry Angad , ended up marrying Kapil and then blamed Angad of two timing, what a joke! And all this only because she saw him in the temple. That was plain superstitious and dumb. 

I did really expect Angad to back out after this. Not because his love has fallen short but because clearly she doesn't trust him and doesn't care for him a bit. Angad needed to hold his self-respect high. But then its an ekta show so least expectations. 

Edited by _symphony - 4 years ago
sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _symphony

Exactly !! It was funny when she lashed out at him and blamed him of cheating. She was happy she left him behind by marrying someone else in this race of two timing. I was like what the hell woman !! You want to compete with him in this. In which bloody world she lives even? She had no idea who this person Kapil is. What he does and what's his past. And she readily married him without caring to properly end her relationship with Angad. She was at the temple to marry Angad , ended up marrying Kapil and then blamed Angad of two timing, what a joke! And all this only because she saw him in the temple. That was plain superstitious and dumb. 

I did really expect Angad to back out after this. Not because his love has fallen short but because clearly she doesn't trust him and doesn't care for him a bit. Angad needed to hold his self-respect high. But then its an ekta show so least expectations. 

Angad needed to back off. She didn't even properly apologize to him after all these. Actually she didn't have feeling for Angad from the very first day on the other hand Angad truely loves him

Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanchita1410

Totally agreed with each and every point of u. From the day one Sandhya is hell confused and after seeing kapil's image in Temple her confusion increased more.  And she was keen on to find flaw in Angad. 

Thanks 😊 it helps if i jot down the points as to why i am so angry. Anger dissapears. My second post is now finished.

The flaw thing she can't recognise her own desires so she needs a justification. After all she was born and brought up to be sanskari. So she wont allow herself to do anything bad till there is a justification 

Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: _symphony

You summed up my feelings exactly. Sandy's hypocrisy was too much to bear.  Infuriating moment was her gloating about her sanskars.  You hit it on the head she didn't trust him.

No in a balaji show a woman is nothing but virtuous selfishness is the dept of only vamps.

The only worthy thing about this character is that Deepika is playing it. Otherwise there nothing to like about the character.

Hallyumint thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanchita1410

Angad needed to back off. She didn't even properly apologize to him after all these. Actually she didn't have feeling for Angad from the very first day on the other hand Angad truely loves him

Ya Angad's reaction is unrealistic here. No she has feelings for him she just was dishonest about her window shopping. She was on the lookout for better guy here. Very human very understandable but her going about it was underhanded. 

Hallyumint thumbnail

You know they never should have taken Sandy's character from the raaz reboot. I never could stand the heroine in that.

They will whitewash sandy's character in later episodes and we'll all go back to championing her.

So i wanted to get this off my chest before that.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

This is a supernatural show,,and in supernatural shows when a spirit decides on a target ..it attracts that target towards it ...so Sandhya is Kapil spirits target..so she has been drawn To him from the very beginning,..this is not her normal behaviour. Kapil the spirit has been drawing her and enticing her towards him.. so Sandhya will be shown making irresponsible and even immoral decisions..It showed its image to her at the temple, and from that time whenever he came in front of her she is attracted to him..its part of the possession of the spirit..It’s not the real Sandhya..I’ve seen this happen in many supernatural shows. I don’t know if you ladies watched any of the Dracula movies..in those movies as well the victims become so attracted to the vampire ..so they are able to be lured and captured by the vampire. And they’ve used this technique here as well. Because that’s what evil spirits do ..they lure and entice the victim so they can possess them completely and take control of them..

Edited by Indira1211 - 4 years ago