Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

It seems the writers are trying their best to make us understand and sympathise with vedika, but its not working. Not because she is trying to replace the female lead in the male lead's life, but her words, her intentions, everything are actually quite puke-worthy and incomprehensible. Everything she says and does looks outright pretentious in order to gain the family's attention. 

Her emotional talk with swarna about her so-called understanding and respect for karthik's love for naira, saying she knows karthik will fulfill his promise he made to her father one day etc blew my mind away because of how fake she comes across. She's pretending to be patient, pretending that she respects karthik's love for naira, but in contrast forces her presence in the house and around karthik to guilt him into getting over his wife and marrying her. She knows and sees her actions and presence are the cause of the family pressurising karthik to marry her against his will, yet doesn't back off and tell them the most sane thing that she can and is meant to say; that her father made karthik promise he look after her, not that he marry her. But this girl is selfish and fake in her so-called love and concern for karthik. 

This girl tries to portray so much understanding for karthik's love for naira, yet expects him to marry her when she knows that karthik would never love her, when she knows karthik doesn't want to marry her or anyone, sees that karthik is being pressured by his family to marry her against his own happiness, yet roams around him like a sword over his head to add to that pressure, then make all these sweet talks about understanding his love for naira and acting all patient, when what she is meant to be doing is stop expecting a man who still is madly in love with his wife to marry her just because her dead father asked him to look after her and find a way to live her life independently. 

And I can't even find words to express my distaste at her words about how her love for karthik is as much as his love for naira and how she would be happy if she got even half as much love as he gives naira. Like what????? Why are you so despo to marry a guy who is so madly in love with his wife merely in the hopes he will give you a little love? Leave him the hell alone and find a guy who isn't in love with someone else and who isn't being forced to marry you if you have even a needle points amount of self-respect. How on earth did this actress like this role to take it up? It's such a weak, shameless and selfish character that attempts to try and by likeable but the audience would never like such a despo and weak character who is living in a stranger's house demanding marriage from the family's son and acting like a desperate opportunist. If naira was still in the house would she still say that her father's last wish of asking karthik to look after her meant marrying her? Would the family also take her father's wish to mean that karthik has to marry vedika in order to look after her? 

Gosh, now I wish they had shown naira getting memory loss after the accident, naira somehow being found and brought back to the house with memory loss just so we can see how the family and vedika act in terms of this last wish of her dead father. 

They could easily find a good guy for her or help her get a job etc like a family would, but for her to live in the house and hover around the son who is mourning for his wife he still loves and expecting him to one day marry her is besharmi, not love or understanding or respect for his emotions towards his late wife.... just pure besharmi. 

I'm sorry but I needed to vent out my dislike about this utterly nonsensical character. At this point karthik is better off giving the middle finger to his family and leaving to be alone and live his life the way he wants, and along the way if he falls in love with a girl who he willingly wants to marry out of love, then so be it, but for anyone to force him in the name of family's happiness or some stranger's dying wish is utter shit. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I think that vedika loves what kartik resembles in her head not the actual person he is. 

He sheltered her, he gave her a family etc...so naturally she feels that she could love him and heal him of his pain. As they both are grieving i think that's what the writers intended. also the family seeing her around and seeing kartik stand up and protect her etc...assume its that kind of thing. He is clear in his thought process, he is only naira's and she is only his. 

Vedika's sickeningly sweet behavior and scenes annoy me to no end. Because I feel that shes unnecessary. 

Also there is way two many wildly driven trucks in yeh rishta kartik stands and talks on his phone in the middle of the road...

But it also made me wonder what if he got hurt. Then what naira? what if he died? then what? what are u running away from and depriving your kid from your family for. Sorry cannot keep my hatred of naira in this track off for long

shiiny thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Completely agree with each & every word of yours. Vedika is sick!!  😖😖

I wonder how Pankhuri agreed for this role.  She has done quite good shows. I watched her in Suryaputra Karn.  The Vedika character has no self respect and chipkoo type.  

Her talks and actions don't go hand in hand.  She says she wants Kartik to accept her whole heartedly not under any pressure but again she leaves the house on Kartik's rude behavior. 

Why can't Goenkas take zimmedaari of Vedika as a daughter of their house?  Why are they hell bent on making her the DIL? 

What if the man whom Vedika's father gave her responsibility would have been a criminal / bad person?  Tab v Vedika would have hovered around him expecting him to marry her?  She is purely selfish.  Acha ladka dekha nei ki pichhe par gayi types.  Sorry if my words hurt anyone.  I seriously can't bear with this character. 😣😣

Edited by shiny9911 - 4 years ago
Aslesha99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I can have a long rant about Vedika but not in the mood to so would just like to say one thing Naira needs to come back asap to get rid of her. Wondering what will happen to Vedika at the end of the track? Once Kaira milan happens the last wish of her dead father will just remain a wish so what will they do with her. She can continue living in Goenka house, live independently or the family can find a groom for her. As marriages happen in yrkkh all the time I think family might find a groom for her and she herself seems desperate to get married so best option get her married and get rid of her.

shiiny thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Aslesha99

I can have a long rant about Vedika but not in the mood to so would just like to say one thing Naira needs to come back asap to get rid of her. Wondering what will happen to Vedika at the end of the track? Once Kaira milan happens the last wish of her dead father will just remain a wish so what will they do with her. She can continue living in Goenka house, live independently or the family can find a groom for her. As marriages happen in yrkkh all the time I think family might find a groom for her and she herself seems desperate to get married so best option get her married and get rid of her.

Once kaira milan happens, they will find a groom for Vedika and get her married. 

Apple_Amber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnyaRSingh

I think that vedika loves what kartik resembles in her head not the actual person he is. 

He sheltered her, he gave her a family etc...so naturally she feels that she could love him and heal him of his pain. As they both are grieving i think that's what the writers intended. also the family seeing her around and seeing kartik stand up and protect her etc...assume its that kind of thing. He is clear in his thought process, he is only naira's and she is only his. 

Vedika's sickeningly sweet behavior and scenes annoy me to no end. Because I feel that shes unnecessary. 

Also there is way two many wildly driven trucks in yeh rishta kartik stands and talks on his phone in the middle of the road...

But it also made me wonder what if he got hurt. Then what naira? what if he died? then what? what are u running away from and depriving your kid from your family for. Sorry cannot keep my hatred of naira in this track off for long

True! Each and every dialogue from Naira comes forced! Her acting is not at all genuine post leap. Even the dialogues are crap. And to make it more unbearable they have given this horrible look to Shivangi. I don't like her with  flicks. How much money they wanna save post leap- 

Hired a complete bunch of  dull and weirdo actors 

Poor writers

Poor costume designer 

Lazy banner makers, still running the same title images.

And completely forgot to hire playback singer for the music. Seems Naira made the sounds department go mute with her idiosyncrasy.

Ruined beyond repairs. Can never be same again. Sound like a B grade show which can't run beyond 3 months. No hopes left. Eventually they will meet and we will witness aggression, one more session of accusations and the consequent pleadings. And what would follow next  is quite obvious Vansh versus Kairav! Sick!  I feel they didn't give a baby girl to Kaira because they wanted this Vansh Vs Kairav track. 

May be the second born would be a cute girl and would be ominous for the show  and would bring with her great script and screenplay.😀

I still wish they broadcast a special episode and clarify it all was a dream of Dadi. (Like they did in F.I.R) and then we get the story restarted from the Doubt track.😰

Aslesha99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Vansh vs Kairav track is quite obvious and Kairav is going to be favoured over Vansh especially by dadi as he is Goenka blood the rightful heir while Vansh is Vivaan's son. Right now Vansh gets all of Kartik's love and attention but once Kairav enters the villa Vansh is going to feel ignored.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

The actress playing Vedika has done lead or big roles in her shows so far..she  was the lead in that Amla show and she played Draupadi in Suryaputra Karan...by the way on the set of  Suryaputra Karan..she fell in love with the male lead and they married last year..Anyway I’m thinking that it’s highly unlikely her role will be small here in yrkkh...so most probably we are going to see some big drama unfolding. We may just see Karthik agreeing to marry her after he finds out naira is alive...because he would be angry that naira ran away and kept his son from him..so there could be quite a bit of drama before Kaira do unite ...

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Indira1211

The actress playing Vedika has done lead or big roles in her shows so far..she  was the lead in that Amla show and she played Draupadi in Suryaputra Karan...by the way on the set of  Suryaputra Karan..she fell in love with the male lead and they married last year..Anyway I’m thinking that it’s highly unlikely her role will be small here in yrkkh...so most probably we are going to see some big drama unfolding. We may just see Karthik agreeing to marry her after he finds out naira is alive...because he would be angry that naira ran away and kept his son from him..so there could be quite a bit of drama before Kaira do unite ...

So basically just like the last and worst track of Naamkarann. And I've seen pankhuri's previous work, hence why I don't get why she chose this bechari despo character who has no courage to do anything on her own in life hence is desperate to marry a man who is madly in love with his late wife merely to secure her life because she has no other family. 

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

She’s annoying that’s it. I don’t want to give her character any more importance than she’s already getting because I know she’s just there to prolong the separation. 

Just few things: 

1) Her backstory is so weak. A random stranger saved Kartik’s life and asked him to take care of his daughter, so Kartik brought her home? Now taking care automatically equals marrying her just because she loves him?

2) She says she’s patient but her constant comparison of her love with Kaira’s gets on my nerves. Who’s even writing all those shitty dialogues? 

3) No self-respecting girl would want to marry a guy who’s obsessed with his dead wife and doesn’t care about her existence. He’s looking after her because it’s his duty apparently, so why push him and expect him to marry her as well now? 

4) The pooja scene was so damn annoying. Kartik clearly told her to stay away from everything related to Naira yet she was sitting in the poja with Kartik as if she’s his wife? And even the family thinks Kartik was wrong to shrug her? 

5) Goenkas are selfish. Dadi would guilt Kartik into agreeing for marriage but I hope Kartik stops pretending to be happy for these people who clearly don’t care about his feelings. He should just ask everyone to stay the f out of his life and storm to Goa. 

Edited by Fari_15 - 4 years ago