The big cover up !

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~MyMusings~ 13.6.19 ~ The big cover up!

Placing a covering, hiding and obscuring reality continues on as the current theme from the last episode into this episode as well. The hiding and screening theme is spun into the ceremonial apparels of the bride and groom. Dress, clothing, suit, all mark masking and covering up our bodies to follow decorum of decency. However there are other ways to lay bare one’s intention without passing through the task of dressing or undressing.

Take Kainat, how the girl of few words fully dressed uncovers her heart and soul before Zaroon. Rather eloquently I must admit. She waves her wand of chosen words like wish, rights, all to direct Zaroon in a manner in which she wants him to be her wedding day. In this scene when she gifts him the grooms wedding day outfit, what baffles me is why knowing full well about her emotions, he plays into her scheming act? He even admits she is still deluded about the fact that he loves her not. Then why could he not decline her gift? Is Zaroon still toying with the idea, that what if he loses both Saltanat and Kainat the chances of getting the legacy for his father will become totally eclipsed? If this is not the case ,then he appears to be quite a dim wit to act upon the role, innocent Kainat wants him to assume on her wedding day!

He nearly falls for Kainat’s sweet, needy, harmless flattery! had it not been for the stiff talking  Saltanat  gives him at the finale of the episode. Saltanat  reminds Zaroon, to him Kainat’s  demand for him to act in the way she wishes to see him, can be detrimental more for Kainat as he’s playing  to fan her delusions. Typically for Zaroon, his male ego gets a boost and he reads a jealous reaction out of Saltanat, which he clearly enjoys , but  fails to seriously reflect on what Saltanat brings up. That he needs to obscure himself from Kainat’s presence. I suspect Saltanat may appear jealous to Zaroon, but she is correct in issuing him some warnings. Saltanat shows some change from her previous blind loyalty towards Kainat. But the recent  Eid party games scenario, has  brought about some concerns in her, about Kainat’s erratic mood swings, during which  she tends to turn upon Saltanat.

What amazes me is Zaroon’s cavalier attitude toward’s Kainat’s odd request of making him dress up as her groom.Kainat’s strength lies in the fact, how her victims play right into her hands without recognising her big cover up! of what bare truths she holds within herself.

Not all are so accessible to Kainat’s coverup. Rubina ‘s feelers bleep right away as Neelam turns up  bearing with her yet another ceremonial garb for Kainat. In fact Neelam too has to lie through her teeth  on behalf of  Kainat’s cooked up untruths!

There is so much of burying of true intentions, and lies stalk freely here and there in Shah Manzil that the whole family, bar Mainjaan seems to me a pack of scheming liars covering up one thing or the other.

Zaroon has to lies to Humza about the attire gift Kainat gave him, lest he hurts Humza’s feelings.

Kainat too cover’s up Jibran Ayub’s  true identity and real purpose, from Neelam. With a calm smile Kainat is relieved when she smoothed acquaintances further between Ayub and Neelam.It's chilling when Neelam remarks Ayub didn’t seem a bad guy. Kainat however in her mind, cannot cover the truth about his connections with the likes of Ashiq Ali .. she says a little prayer of protection for Neelam though. I wonder if this prayer musing was sincere or a mere coverup  for pushing Neelam towards bad times?

The two dresses cover up staged by Neelam does get to the two busy bodies Rubina and Ghazala. Rubina‘s snooping instinct to expose covered up issues leads her to get to the bottom of some  screened reality. Dadi for once nearly gets trapped by Rubina’s sly prying about what the bride is likely to wear at the ritual ceremony. Dadi for once washes out totally! Neelam’s coverup.

Next thing we see is another common yet nasty habit of relatives living in Shah Manzil is sneaking into people’s rooms and going through their belongings! Well the evidence for Rubina’s current scheme is found! two outfits for Kainat one she is meant to wear , sent by who?  and why would she give preference  to wearing it over the one sent by Humza?

I think Rubina plans to give Kainat a befitting reply during the ceremony,for the sheer embarrassments she caused her daughter. Saltanat  who was named and shamed by Kainat .How Kainat blamed  Saltanat for jumping to conclusions on her behalf! Rubina plans to bombard Kainat by quizzing her about the two costumes. Like who sent her the one she is dressed up in, some friend? Remember Rubina also read a message on, Kainat’s phone of chatting up some guy? I wonder what good will this tit for tat action against Kainat by Rubina actually do? As after all its in the best interests  of the Nadeem and Mamoon families, if Humza and Kainat’s marriage is all done and dusted!  13.6.19 hamlet53

I would say a lukewarm episode.The one sane bit is the serious advice Saltanat  gives Zaroon regards keeping a low profile before Kainat,..

Thanks  Lonelythots, Arshian and irshita for your ongoing gracious support. Love hammie                         

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello hammie, 

Answering your question about trps from the last thread.. yes in previous weeks the trp were stable from 0.4-0.5... but the last week’s data that came out, they have dropped to 0.3... rightfully so with the drama sagging.. 

Yesterday while watching the episode, I was thinking of @irshita’s idea of ayub turning out to be family... may be Rubina and nadeem’s son.. that would clearly put Miajaan in a fix.. his own family has a son who is a potential heir... would he still prefer his brother’s waaris to inherit the gaddi? Will Rubina still prefer zaroon over her own son ? Can zainab still claim that the gaddi has to to go to kainaat’s husband? Mamoon would be exasperated with this development! 

Coming to the episode.. nothing exciting happening.. since the episode’s main theme was kainaat’s dress, I am guessing kainaat would turn up in the suit given by dadi.. this whole charade of a second dress was just to fulfill ayub’s demand for a meeting with neelam. 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Why is the pace so slow? what are CVs waiting for? Have they lost interest in their own story?

@Hammie, hats off to your writing commitment. I am sure CVs must have had to work hard to make to such a non-happening episode but I can bet you worked harder than all of them combined. 😊

I like Rubina and Ghazala scenes. they may be the scheming witches but their scenes are lighter - almost comical. Even the lighting is brighter. In my experience, that lack of privacy in Shahi Manzil is a common occurrence in large families - everybody is everyone's business. 

I agree with @Lonelythots - Kainaat will wear Dadi's gown and make up another story for the other gown. Sultanat may end up with the second gown. 

Zaroon is selfish and single-minded, but I never he would be stupid enough to fall for Kainaat's laachar chehra, aakhiri khawaish type request. I couldn't believe that he was actually considering Kainaat's request to dress like a groom and needed Sultanat to knock some sense into him. 

Kainaat little prayer or concern for Neelam reminded me of my quick prayer, that I say every time, after I run over a squirrel (of course, by mistake).

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lonelythots

Yesterday while watching the episode, I was thinking of @irshita’s idea of ayub turning out to be family... may be Rubina and nadeem’s son.. that would clearly put Miajaan in a fix.. his own family has a son who is a potential heir... would he still prefer his brother’s waaris to inherit the gaddi? Will Rubina still prefer zaroon over her own son ? 

@bold - Now that will add some real conflict in the story and spice it up.

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hiya, Hammie. 

As the above posts have already said it, the show is dragging. According to the segments, there is a huge twist coming up but honestly, I am predicting that they are going to drag that twist for at least a month. A marriage needs to happen for this show to move forward. 

Kainat's prayer for Neelam cracked me up. It reminded me of the scene when Neelam prayed to keep Kainat's shadow away from SaRoon. K doesn't care of Neelam's existence. She is introducing her to a shady guy to save her own skin but she is not doing it for any evil intentions directed towards Neelam. Her prayer did seem genuine to me but she could care less about Neelam since she didn't do anything to piss K off. 

@lonelythots that prediction is interesting- long lost son. Alternatively, I actually think Ayub is Zainab's long lost son. I'm assuming Rubina couldn't conceive and Zainab gave Saltanat to her. Ayub must be an older/younger son that Zainab somehow lost which is why she is so overly protective of Kainat. One thing is clear though that Ayub is related to Shah family and definitely has his eyes on the virasat. 

Saltanat's advice to Zaroon: I know makers intended it to be shown as if S cares of K deeply so Z should stop hanging out around her. For me, it seemed as if S wants to cut off KaRoon knowing that her sister has feelings for her "boyfriend". She came off a bit insecure in that scene. 

I am losing interest in the show. I may also quit soon enough as viewers are declining every week. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  hello mate.. so me late  catching up on WCC...

Answering your question about trps from the last thread.. yes in previous weeks the trp were stable from 0.4-0.5... but the last week’s data that came out, they have dropped to 0.3... rightfully so with the drama sagging.. 

well... no wonder... some concern.. I think generally viewers want love stories. me very few love stories move me, I am more into the unspoken yet sensed love between two people.. still getting back to the show..Kainat and her complex mind keeps me  holding on to the show..

Yesterday while watching the episode, I was thinking of @irshita’s idea of ayub turning out to be family... may be Rubina and nadeem’s son.. that would clearly put Miajaan in a fix.. his own family has a son who is a potential heir... would he still prefer his brother’s waaris to inherit the gaddi? Will Rubina still prefer zaroon over her own son ? Can zainab still claim that the gaddi has to to go to kainaat’s husband? Mamoon would be exasperated with this development! 

so more speculations..Lonelythots well if nothing else,at least  on the forum readers like yourself ,Irshita  and others come up with sane discussion points..  So if there is a dearth of ideas with the writers.. then they should visit our threads.. and no way , would Rubina let anyone overtake her son's right! that is if Ayub is her boy!.. Rubina is one  viciously greedy woman!

Coming to the episode.. nothing exciting happening.. since the episode’s main theme was kainaat’s dress, I am guessing kainaat would turn up in the suit given by dadi.. this whole charade of a second dress was just to fulfill ayub’s demand for a meeting with neelam.

yes most likely. Have to say cv's like to tease our imagination . Well tonight we shall endure the Haldi ceremony.. talking about dressesthey were both yellow..so it is haldi ritual . I wonder if Ayub will sneak in? 

meanwhile lets stay tuned into the show! thanks for  sharing your thoughts..love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally  posted by Irshita..

heloooooo Irshita.. me here at last.. dekh WCC fever is gripped me  also.. so have to tear myself away to watch the episode and phir gather my thoughts..

Why is the pace so slow? what are CVs waiting for? Have they lost interest in their own story?

presently, Irshita  I would say they are lucky ,as their content will be based on pre-nuptial rituals! and we get to see ladies dressed In some elaborate costumes! and Ayub/Neelam  lukka chuppi! and of course Zaroon giving cheesy grins to Saltanat  

@Hammie, hats off to your writing commitment. I am sure CVs must have had to work hard to make to such a non-happening episode but I can bet you worked harder than all of them combined. smiley1

ohhhhhhhh how I love compliments! makes me justify my stubborn insanity for writing! Irshita.. bowing my head.. you are sooooo gracious..

I like Rubina and Ghazala scenes. they may be the scheming witches but their scenes are lighter - almost comical. Even the lighting is brighter. In my experience, that lack of privacy in Shahi Manzil is a common occurrence in large families - everybody is everyone's business. 

scheming witches! 🤣 "when shall we 2 meet".. witches from Macbeth.."fair is foul.." I love their outfits! but Ghazala ki Punjabi  is nothing like how people in Lahore speak! I should Know, I am Lahori!  

I agree with @Lonelythots - Kainaat will wear Dadi's gown and make up another story for the other gown. Sultanat may end up with the second gown. 

well we shall find up soon.. but yes me would love to hear another of Kainat's wild yarns!

Zaroon is selfish and single-minded, but I never he would be stupid enough to fall for Kainaat's laachar chehra, aakhiri khawaish type request. I couldn't believe that he was actually considering Kainaat's request to dress like a groom and needed Sultanat to knock some sense into him. 

maybe he fears  the madness that lies within Kainat.. hence he thought it best to play along. Waise bhi Cvs have to show him as a weak bloke , so that Sultanat can be in the role of giving him some sound advice

Kainaat little prayer or concern for Neelam reminded me of my quick prayer, that I say every time, after I run over a squirrel (of course, by mistake).

what?? telling  you me not going out for a spin with you! shaking me head no chance.. 

Irshita there is one  Sufiyana love story currently  on ITV.. its RadhaKirshna….. I saw a few episodes.. such pure love, and with so much divine wisdom too.. I Love the musical score, heavenly.. the actor who plays Krishna has the gentlest, kindest eyes I have ever seen.

love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Arshian

Hiya, Hammie.   hellooo Arshian, sorry me late in responding  was watching  cricket

As the above posts have already said it, the show is dragging. According to the segments, there is a huge twist coming up but honestly, I am predicting that they are going to drag that twist for at least a month. A marriage needs to happen for this show to move forward. 

ohhhhh a twist? I wasn't aware.. well the diversion might take away  the already few  viewers of the show. yes there should be a marriage, but looks like before it happens there might be a few rough bumps in the journey 

Kainat's prayer for Neelam cracked me up. It reminded me of the scene when Neelam prayed to keep Kainat's shadow away from SaRoon. K doesn't care of Neelam's existence. She is introducing her to a shady guy to save her own skin but she is not doing it for any evil intentions directed towards Neelam. Her prayer did seem genuine to me but she could care less about Neelam since she didn't do anything to piss K off. 

yes K's prayers have lost the sincere devotion they once contained .. she now remains a soul whose devout belief in prayers is injured .As her claim to receiving blessings for her faithfulness to her god  have been badly dashed.. she seems to have now sold her soul to the devil!

@lonelythots that prediction is interesting- long lost son. Alternatively, I actually think Ayub is Zainab's long lost son. I'm assuming Rubina couldn't conceive and Zainab gave Saltanat to her. Ayub must be an older/younger son that Zainab somehow lost which is why she is so overly protective of Kainat. One thing is clear though that Ayub is related to Shah family and definitely has his eyes on the virasat. 

wow another interesting prediction!  any way  like I said elsewhere, if nothing else the show is giving us food for thought  regards new characters!  

Saltanat's advice to Zaroon: I know makers intended it to be shown as if S cares of K deeply so Z should stop hanging out around her. For me, it seemed as if S wants to cut off KaRoon knowing that her sister has feelings for her "boyfriend". She came off a bit insecure in that scene. 

for us to buy that S likes K is poppy  cock! as if that was the case the two would have some bonding. Besides K keeps harping  on about some  life long grievances against S.. K bonded with N  never with K.. But yes she perhaps knows K well that's why she warns Z to watch his ways with K.. and yes there was a touch of jealousy with S.. obviously, as she so to speak, fancies Z.. 

I am losing interest in the show. I may also quit soon enough as viewers are declining every week. 

NOOOOOOOOOO please stay Arshian, lets watch how the twist goes at least..so tarry a while mate.. love hammie

Lonelythots thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

Enjoy the matches hammie.. rain seems to be playing a spoilt sport for quite a few. 

well... no wonder... some concern.. I think generally viewers want love stories. me very few love stories move me, I am more into the unspoken yet sensed love between two people.. still getting back to the show..Kainat and her complex mind keeps me  holding on to the show..

yes hammie, was watching quite a few videos.  seems we are done with 50 episodes & the cast n crew celebrated.. so congrats to the team for 50 episodes. Rajveer said that viewers feedback is being taken in and a saroon centric story is going to be coming up.. kainaat cannot be eliminated but her importance will be reduced. So yes, this kainaat drama is going to come to an end.. and am sure there is no kainat-zaroon marriage. 

Edited by Lonelythots - 4 years ago
Lonelythots thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

Enjoy the matches hammie.. rain seems to be playing a spoilt sport for quite a few. 

yes hammie, was watching quite a few videos.  seems we are done with 50 episodes & the cast n crew celebrated.. so congrats to the team for 50 episodes. Rajveer said that viewers feedback is being taken in and a saroon centric story is going to be coming up.. kainaat cannot be eliminated but her importance will be reduced. So yes, this kainaat drama is going to come to an end.. and am sure there is no kainat-zaroon marriage.