Lose the battle but win the war!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~MyMusings~ 12.6.19 ~ Lose the battle but win the war!

Zaroon’s words in the episode, really sums up both Kainat and Zaroon as characters inthe story line. Both are driven by a stubborn resilience to attain their respective loves. I would say to suffer set backs , like both smart by rejection of their love, for them is but  a minor defeat. As both continue to aspire for a much larger victory over each failure they encounter.This stubborn streak towin their wars of love ultimately only makes them cross over temporary setbacks with a pinch of salt till they win the big war of fulfilling their passionate love.

Even though realistically, each failure they bear in attaining their love causes them muchgrief  individually, yet  this temporary pain also builds more fortitude,in both Zaroon and Kainat. A defiant  grit which speaks more about the outburst of their souls rather than some tranquil Sufiyana love The episode  shows both interacting with their parent.

Whereas forKainat , it’s more of a reporting back to her dead father’s picture about hersmall victories! About her justified motive behind the war she wages against Saltanat.Of what the final outcome of the war will be for her? Her ultimate marriage toZaroon and the perpetual pay back to Saltanat for all the grief she caused Kainat over the years .There lie no fetters of familial  bonds  between Saltanat and her, for Kainat to regretthe devious hard-line she intends to further take to achieve her target of  snatching Zaroon from her sister!

With Zaroonthough it’s a gruelling experience. His interaction with his father. He suffers his fathers scorn and derision, for forgetting his duty to his father and forfalling in love instead! Mamoon had high hopes from his son in regaining thelegacy that belongs to him rightfully. Zaroon is grilled, that he failed to show results by the ultimatum given. Quite scathingly his father, shames Zaroon that he has literally lost both girls in hand! As Kainat is getting married toHumza! and for Saltanat, he remains a rejected piece invariably. 

Zaroon the current blue-eyed boy before the rest of the local Shah’s, is reduced to apathetic, pitiful son before his father! Mamoon sees his son’s love as an obstruction now in gaining his forefathers legacy, rather than a safe passage. However, for Zaroon  seeing his father’s disdain for his love, forces Zaroon to see that his father is only concerned  about acquiring back his legacy, and not his son’s  emotional joy! So Zaroon’s love for Saltanat becomes  a cause for division between father and son. Fed up Mamoon actually washes his hands off Zaroon. He left repossessing his legacy to Zaroon and evidence shows all of Zaroon’s efforts have failed! So now Mamoon will get what belongs to him, in his way!

Zaroon’s love for Saltanat appears to be a holdup rather than a boost to his Sufiyana love! Her repeated rejections clearly puts him in an embarrassing position, worst of all before his father. Still we see that Zaroon  feels upset when he hears his father devalue Saltanat before him, in comparison  to the valuable worth of the Shah legacy. This attitude of his father is a drawback intheir relationship. Yet within Zaroon it implants a certain impulse to show his father, that he too is his fathers son! While the estate is a war he must win for his father, but to win Saltanat is a war he has to win to prove his unique love!

Gibran Ayub /Kainatscene is again about being ready to take risks. Possibly encounter small defeats but still aspire to win the war. The two finally meet, unmasked  and clear about who they really are? Ayub seems to have done his homework pretty well. He knows Kainat's weakness,  and thus puts his cards upon the table forher. He serves Kainat an ultimatum .His ultimatum is to gain access to his Sufiyana love Neelam, which Kainat has to facilitate, else he will bend Zaroon’s ears that it was Kainat who was the real culprit behind Mainjaan’s kidnapping! Ayub knows Kainat will oblige, as its to do with their loves! For Kainat again, family bonding, does not come in her way from gaining access to winning her war!

Zaroon/Saltanatscene is based upon promises that lovers give to each other to test their perseverance and trust. To wait is a shortfall for Zaroon, but he is in such a vulnerable position at the moment, that he hangs to Saltanat’s promise of revealing the name of the person who forces her to reject him, but only after Kainat’smarriage to Humza.. question is will Zaroon wait?

Kainat/Neelam scene is all about putting war strategy in place without further delay. Kainat dresses up the truth under the cock and bull story of rejecting mayan clothes  from Humza’s side, for her commitment made to an old friend Afshan, that Kainat would wear apparels sent from Afshan,  ratherthan from her to be groom’s side.

Neelam’s naivety makes her an easy prey to Kainat’s plan of setting up a meeting between Ayub and Neelam. The scene shows, how a person’s gullibility is used by a foe to win battles to secure a major win in the ultimate war. Ayub will dress, pose as Kainat's imaginary friend's brother bearing clothes for Kainat.  Total scheming act to win battles by hoodwinking  the foe! 

Zaroon/Kainat scene, is another instance where Kainat with great panache dresses up her true undying love for Zaroon in the act of the  passing on the groom’s bridal apparel from the girls side, not for Humza but for Zaroon! While Zaroon sees  her continuing delusion  only as  a wish waiting to come true! Kainat craftily plays on his guilt factor of messing up a nice girl’s life! How she plays on his conscience, and makes him promise her that he will conduct himself exactly the way she wants him too! on the day of her marriage to Humza! All this  keeping in mind one undeniable factor, that he did come from Canada originally to marry her! We thus see how an honest man to some degree, plays right into the hands of a person, who will do anything, if needs be, to win the ultimate war!..13.6.19 hamlet53..

Sorry about the delay..was caught up in  personal affairs.. thanks Lonelythots, Arshian, Mishfan for liking, and adding interest to my previous post.. love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello Hammie,

i found the episode boring... everyone is repeating same ole same old dialogues.. Mamoon is a potential player/character in the game but he is repeatedly given same dialogues every fortnight. He honestly does nothing.  Sultanat-zaroon story is stuck and finally the viewers are told through sultanat to wait for the kainat marriage drama to play out to see what happens to them.... kainat is repeating same dialogues of her and zaroon’s marriage. kainat continues to fall deep into the pits of darkness devoid of any moral compass with her setting up neelam with a goon. And her last scene with zaroon was painful to watch with her slow modulated delusional dialogues. This shoud ideally raise some Alarm bells in zaroon’s head.  

I did see that the TRP’s have dipped a bit. The audience is definitely waiting for a change/twist in the story and the upswing/downfall of trp post that completely depends on the writers.. this seems really crucial for the show as well. 

I read @irshita’s post in the other thread.. she did give me a mini-attack with her interpretation of both the sisters handing over the kerchief to zaroon.  I only saw that scene as an attempt to keep the viewers hooked as to who would get zaroon. I genuinely hope polygamy is not what is on the writers mind. 

I ranted quite a bit.. apologies hammie.. I will continue to watch the show. I am keen to see how they take the story forward..

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

@hammie and Lonelythots - A lot of ITV shows have polygamy - mostly a temporary one where a vamp stakes a claim on the male lead or ML gets married to a vamp in a temper-tantrum and for the duration of the track everyone lives under the roof, playing musical bedrooms. 🤢

Here the vamp is the lead and the lead is the sidekick. Kuch bhi ho sakta hai. I find the idea of "pass the groom" between the sisters as distasteful as polygamy.

TRP is reflecting the state the show. Nothing interesting has happened in a long time and everybody is saying and doing the same things over and over again. Kainaat made a huge leap from a simple girl to a heartless vamp before getting stuck. Other characters have not changed or grown since the first week of the show.

It was very boring and painful episode to watch. Kainaat was depressing to watch - all her scenes. I didn't understand what was she trying to do by asking Zaroon to dress as a groom. More important what does Zaroon think her request means - marnewale ke akhri khawaish type request??? 

If Kainaat can plot so mercilessly against Sultanat, readily throw her mother under the bus, and kidnap her grandfather then why would she spare Neelam? In fact, Neelam should have been her first target as Neelam has been so supportive of Zaroon-Sultanat.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago
Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey, Hammie. 

I probably sound like a complete sadist but a part of me is actually enjoying the 0.3 TRP. The makers have screwed this show. Twitter fandom is blaming Kainat overdose for the low TRP but honestly, the 10PM slot has many quality shows like Yeh rishtey and Ishq Subhan Allah. Ekta's new show has also started so SPM won't ever rise over 0.5. I wonder what's happening with the channel. I thought they were going to revamp or shut the channel down? 

Coming to the episode, Zaroon's own father doesn't think Zaroon's love is true. I think Mamoon also thinks Zaroon's love is shallow. He basically said that there are many more beautiful girls out there so get over it. For Zaroon, his love is his ego. He doesn't want any girl. He wants a girl that rejected him to accept him. His ego needs to be satisfied. Nothing sufiyana here..

Honestly, I don't feel bad for Neelam. She has never liked Kainat. She always wanted SaRoon to happen and has always badmouthed K. If Neelam can play with K's life by getting her married to her brother then K also has a right to play with her to save her own skin. Besides, Ayub wants the gaddi so I don't think he is a negative character. He is just grey. He has not done anything to suggest that he is a bad guy. 

Kainat has literally revealed all of her plans in front of Zaroon. She is clearly wanting to marry him AND confessed his love in front of him again. How dumb is this guy? Everything about him is annoying to the max.

SaRoon fans need to learn to accept Kainat. If there is no K then there is no SPM. SaRoon have no story of their own. They need to depend on other characters to make their story exciting. Even if makers give a week of SaRoon overdose with no K, TRP is NOT going to increase. There is no future for this show. 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello Hammie,  hello Lonelythots

i found the episode boring... everyone is repeating same ole same old dialogues.. Mamoon is a potential player/character in the game but he is repeatedly given same dialogues every fortnight. He honestly does nothing.  Sultanat-zaroon story is stuck and finally the viewers are told through sultanat to wait for the kainat marriage drama to play out to see what happens to them.... kainat is repeating same dialogues of her and zaroon’s marriage. kainat continues to fall deep into the pits of darkness devoid of any moral compass with her setting up neelam with a goon. And her last scene with zaroon was painful to watch with her slow modulated delusional dialogues. This shoud ideally raise some Alarm bells in zaroon’s head.  

Mamoon, royal, stiff upper-lip, is the reason why its justified that   Zaroon should be in Delhi to shake the foundations of Shagh manzil.. The goon had to be introduced.. as a hungry animal and Kainat is the one who lures him to the prey!

I did see that the TRP’s have dipped a bit. The audience is definitely waiting for a change/twist in the story and the upswing/downfall of trp post that completely depends on the writers.. this seems really crucial for the show as well. 

did TRP  change?  as for the creatives seems to be they no longer care..even the sufiyana love sell,, some viewers are not buying..

I read @irshita’s post in the other thread.. she did give me a mini-attack with her interpretation of both the sisters handing over the kerchief to zaroon.  I only saw that scene as an attempt to keep the viewers hooked as to who would get zaroon. I genuinely hope polygamy is not what is on the writers mind. 

now that you mention polygamy.. I certainly hope too like you and Irshita  that CV's are not going to use the allowance given to men under special circumstances  to marry more than once. As in Islam a man is allowed  to marry again.. but I hasten to add  its for specific purposes, like in the case of the first wife  being found barren. But even in such cases, I would like to point out, that  the husband is strictly  expected to show care and responsibility towards the first wife alongside the second wife. Marriage between  a man and wife is preached ,and the bond is expected to be hinged by faithfulness and  life long commitment..

I ranted quite a bit.. apologies hammie.. I will continue to watch the show. I am keen to see how they take the story forward..

glad you did  share your valued thoughts..  I  too was getting wound up that  just for the sake of dargah, family politics, and fulfilling ulterior motives  A man marries more than once. Maybe Lonelythots  the CVs are just leading us astray? distasteful though..

thanks for your interesting comment, love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Irshita

@hammie and Lonelythots - A lot of ITV shows have polygamy - mostly a temporary one where a vamp stakes a claim on the male lead or ML gets married to a vamp in a temper-tantrum and for the duration of the track everyone lives under the roof, playing musical bedrooms. smiley11

look if entertainment is a representation of life, then where is the sanctity of marriage going?where  I am , marriage is avoided, too much hassle , paperwork  to deal with if it doesn't work. common law partners are in practice.. All this as you may be aware is not entertainment but a way of life..As for what you outline,  its true, such scenarios are shown and we as the audience are expected to be amused by it.. For it appeals to  the dare I? bit in us.. 

Here the vamp is the lead and the lead is the sidekick. Kuch bhi ho sakta hai. I find the idea of "pass the groom" between the sisters as distasteful as polygamy.

what and all this under the right of a man to  have more then one wife...

TRP is reflecting the state the show. Nothing interesting has happened in a long time and everybody is saying and doing the same things over and over again. Kainaat made a huge leap from a simple girl to a heartless vamp before getting stuck. Other characters have not changed or grown since the first week of the show.

true-say and now we have a new  joker Jibran Ayub just flown in as the maut ka firshita  for my kainat and your vamp! 🤔

It was very boring and painful episode to watch. Kainaat was depressing to watch - all her scenes. I didn't understand what was she trying to do by asking Zaroon to dress as a groom. More important what does Zaroon think her request means - marnewale ke akhri khawaish type request???    

🤣 wot a line! bravo..in all my frustration I roared with laughter, my cuz wondered what got over me? did you notice her maskeen lachaar, eyes...  on my word! loved Helly's acting... fine actress.. 

If Kainaat can plot so mercilessly against Sultanat, readily throw her mother under the bus, and kidnap her grandfather then why would she spare Neelam? In fact, Neelam should have been her first target as Neelam has been so supportive of Zaroon-Sultanat

Look Irshita even I wouldn't spare Neelam she truly gets on my nerves.. you are right Neelam should have been her target,, Saroon ke go between! 

thanks for your great comment..  loved the  funny bits.. I tell you what this show needs a touch of comic relief!    love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by Arshian

Hey, Hammie. helooo Arshian 

I probably sound like a complete sadist but a part of me is actually enjoying the 0.3 TRP. The makers have screwed this show. Twitter fandom is blaming Kainat overdose for the low TRP but honestly, the 10PM slot has many quality shows like Yeh rishtey and Ishq Subhan Allah. Ekta's new show has also started so SPM won't ever rise over 0.5. I wonder what's happening with the channel. I thought they were going to revamp or shut the channel down? 

I  have never watched the shows you have mentioned.. stop by Kulfi sometimes , bepanah Pyar ,the guy PVP never seen him before, but in promos he seems one fine star.. SPM Is the only show me  watching regularly.. can't say me enjoying.. but its a writing commitment I chose to take, and as such, I hope to cover it till the very end

Coming to the episode, Zaroon's own father doesn't think Zaroon's love is true. I think Mamoon also thinks Zaroon's love is shallow. He basically said that there are many more beautiful girls out there so get over it. For Zaroon, his love is his ego. He doesn't want any girl. He wants a girl that rejected him to accept him. His ego needs to be satisfied. Nothing sufiyana here..

you have summed up Zaroon's love very well Arshian.. overpower,tame the girl who dared to  reject.. you are right nothing Sufiyana  about his love.   

Honestly, I don't feel bad for Neelam. She has never liked Kainat. She always wanted SaRoon to happen and has always badmouthed K. If Neelam can play with K's life by getting her married to her brother then K also has a right to play with her to save her own skin. Besides, Ayub wants the gaddi so I don't think he is a negative character. He is just grey. He has not done anything to suggest that he is a bad guy. 

Ayub looks hungry.. very hungry for power, Neelam is just a stepping  stone , lets see if he negative or just  grey.. Neelam, is not  to my liking,.. so me don't care  what happens to her..

Kainat has literally revealed all of her plans in front of Zaroon. She is clearly wanting to marry him AND confessed his love in front of him again. How dumb is this guy? Everything about him is annoying to the max.

trouble is he makes all believe that he is one smart alex but sometimes I wonder is he for real.. 

SaRoon fans need to learn to accept Kainat. If there is no K then there is no SPM. SaRoon have no story of their own. They need to depend on other characters to make their story exciting. Even if makers give a week of SaRoon overdose with no K, TRP is NOT going to increase. There is no future for this show

well as you know for me Kainat  with all her acts,, is the character who is pulling the shots! Saroon 's interaction is nothing more than replay of the musical score of the show and repetitive  phrases ..

thanks Arshian for  sharing your views,   love hammie