Golu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

We are sympathetic towards Rocky and feel that he has never been truly happy in life and has suffered a lot. It is indeed true for him from the point he decided to change for the better. But I feel, even Happy hasn't had a blissful life either!

She lost her father as a child, grew up listening to the taunts from her taya-tayi. They considered her family a bojh. Then she wanted a have a job to escape the insults her mother endured everyday but was being forced into a marriage. Rocky misunderstood her intentions and even went to the limits of defaming her and her mother rendering them homeless.

Then out of realization of her responsibility towards Chintu, she gave Rocky another chance and they worked together! That was perhaps the Best Phase of Both their lives! They were successful and even fell for each other! No one of them knew what was that special feeling brewing between them, which had trust, which had care, which had banters and which felt like bliss! They were just losing into a dreamy world whenever their eyes met! 

Just when happiness had stepped in, her sister was molested. Though she hesitated considering Rocky a criminal till the end, Smiley's words and pain got her to testify against him. That day, she not only broke Rocky, but herself as well! She lost that chirpy and positive gal in her! She was broken because just when she had started to comprehend her special feeling towards Rocky, she felt betrayed! She subdued that portion in herself which had started to yearn for Rocky! She hid those special feelings and even refused to acknowledge that she ever had them.(when RV makes her close her eyes and she hurtfully answers that it was no one she saw) But somewhere in her heart, she wanted it all back and didn't want to accept what appeared as a reality.

The next three years, all she got were taunts and emotional abuses at the hands of Momsy and Beeji. Even her sister hated her. She lived a heavy life due to the above reason as well! 

Then came Shaan aka Rocky who made her realize the biggest mistake of her life which she made when she had misunderstood Rocky and got him three years of suffering for no reason! She craved for his forgiveness and just wanted to restore whatever they shared. She just wanted to take all his pain on herself as she considered herself the only cause of his suffering. Just when she thought that everything was falling into place for good, it only got worse with Anaya's death, attempt on Rocky's life and the disturbing realization about a close friend she blindly trusted, RV.

Now, she has taken a huge decision and a huge risk with her life as well. She is hurting the love of her life to save his life! She is getting hurt seeing his pain and also due to the fact that his pain is all because of her own self. She must be hating the fact that she is giving him more pain in life even after promising to herself of not letting any pain reach him when he returned back into her life! 

Honestly, she isn't responsible for the bad luck she is accused of inflicting upon her loved ones. But she gets to hear those taunts despite the fact that she never thought any ill of others. Happy was actually happy in the beginning due to her positive outlook over life, but now, it appears she has lost even that! 

Edited by Golu14 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Excellent post Golu, will be back for detailed reply!!!

Golu14 thumbnail

Thanks Dear! Waiting! ðŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: PerfectStart

Excellent post Golu, will be back for detailed reply!!!

PerfectStart thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Golu that was very well put, that was enlightening really, you have covered all aspects of her character her flaws and her qualities, her pain and the things that makes her happy.

Now this is how we put it, and how we see it, the thing is what were the makers were thinking , what kind of a message they are trying to convey through happy which is the reflection of nayi soch, it's happy and the people around her, how she deals with them and how they react to her.

The bitter truth is, she's 'Mary Sue' she's too good for everyone and for the world, she has no flaws, she listens to everything and everyone, she tolerate taunts no matter how hurtful they are, she sacrifices herself for everyone's well being, she just keeps things to herself and make a happy face and faces the world, she doesn't care what momsy and beeji thinks of her when they always insult her and her mother and sister, she's caring,she's loving, she's brave, she trusts everyone easily, she loves everyone but doesn't get love in return(from elders particularly, her love life is different subject) happy's actions are always misunderstood and yet she handle every situation with her good sense of humor and infectious smile.Get a life please, no one is that good or perfect, no one is epitome of sacrifice, and happy is not perfect!!!! We are compel to think that" If happy is so so so good why she's a bad luck???" 

Like you said Golu, when rocky was sentenced, the chirpy positive girl inside happy kinda died, because she felt betrayed, because for the first time in her life she genuinely began to love a man whom she believed can change and become a good person, cheated on her, but that was not the truth, she thought rocky cheated on her, but later on it was proved it was not so, she again felt betrayed not by rocky but by herself, all that pain and the pain in present was brought by herself by her own lack of faith in rocky and her own instincts, maybe at that time smiley was her priority and her condition left her no choice but to testify against rocky, and it torn her apart, what I have just said are all her flaws, her shortcomings and that makes her human, and human beings are not perfect.

CV's are trying to show a perfect girl who should be loved by everyone but has a bad luck , and that's her only flaw, senseless!!! she's a person who should be accepted with all her flaws and qualities, not like"Mein hamesha hi kuch acha karna chahti hoon but sab bura hota hai" what the hell!!!! Happy should react to taunts, should be angry not just to RV but to everyone to momsy and beeji as well!!! No self respected person can stand or tolerate the insult of their parents and siblings!!!

Golu14 thumbnail

Thank you very much for replying dear. I appreciate the points you added for Happy's character.

Yes, Happy isn't perfect. She lacked good judgement when it came to Rocky's situation and got swayed along with the emotions of people around her. She couldn't listen to her inner voice which wanted her to recapitulate the entire incident. For once, she even went on to express her feelings to her mother that whatever picture is getting projected in front of their eyes, might not be actually true. But she failed to materialise on it! That really makes her a human! We humans are known to get affected by others around us, we get affected by the way people perceive us and we also get affected by the emotions they carry. The same thing happened to her. But later, after realizing her mistake, she immediately sought forgiveness. That makes her a likeable character.

You might have read my reply in the other thread that even if Happy has made a plan involving marriage while keeping things hidden, then too, she cannot be entirely hated or considered stupid. I have mentioned all the emotional turmoils she was going through in that situation and being a human and not a perfect character, she was clearly affected by it and did whatever came to her mind at that critical position when she had little to no time to contemplate. She clearly knew that the need the hour was to halt RV's dangerous actions for the time being. Because the way he was going, he could have planned and initiated another attack on Rocky very soon as he had already made two unsuccessful attempts. Rocky's broken heart was anyday better for her than him being him dead altogether because of her.

She was already under trauma due to RV's shocking truth, the realization that she had been the reason for Kulwant being in coma and multiple attempts on Rocky's life. Momsy too had put her in a complex that she is really a bad luck for them. Through a flashback, she too realized that all the mishappenings were somehow connected to her. In such a situation, she would just have wanted to take a decision which curtails any kind of risk to anyone's life! That might have become the reason of her vague and flawed planning.

Lastly, you pointed out that she should react to the hurtful taunts she gets at the hands of the Khosla ladies if she has a self respect. I feel her not reacting was because she felt herself responsible for the pain the ladies were going through. The pain of those mothers arose due to the loss of the both the sons. Whatever Rocky did or not, that was not a matter of fact to decide this pain of two mothers. She couldn't have argued them by pointing out Rocky's misdoings as their pain was the pain of separation. Even if Rocky had committed the crime for real, that pain would still have been there. The best she could have done was leaving the house and settling up separately while continuing to work for the Hotel.

Edited by Golu14 - 4 years ago
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Happy is all that you described, but I think she is not a well-written character. Many of her decisions don't make sense and some of them make her look selfish, or at least insensitive to the feelings of her close ones.

For example, Smiley was always a bright student who dreamed of studying at a big school, in a big city. When she was about to have her dream fulfilled, Happy decided not to leave the city in order to make come true Chintu's dream of opening the hotel... And nothing good came out of that for Smiley! Because of that hotel, Ranveer entered Smiley's life. Happy practically chose Chintu over her sister. And Happy only knew him for a couple of days. 

And now... With what she is doing to Rocky! She wants to protect him, but how? By breaking his heart, making him lose his dignity for chasing a married woman, making him to constantly be insulted by her husband? 

As usual, she overestimates Ranveer and underestimates Rocky. When she thought that RV was good, he was super good in her eyes and now that he is bad, he is the worst and no one can compete with him, but we know that Rocky can handle criminals and doesn't need her protection. At least, not this type of protection. Every man would have his ego hurt if he knew that the girl he loves has to marry another man to keep him safe. If a man can't protect the girl he loves, he sees himself as a failure. 

I have nothing against her except the fact that she seems sketches which made me lose contact with her character. I wish they put more effort into writing her parts. I am waiting for the surprise that you all are talking about, maybe that will bring a new light on this non-sense track that is going on.

afideen thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Etna_Dia

Happy is all that you described, but I think she is not a well-written character. Many of her decisions don't make sense and some of them make her look selfish, or at least insensitive to the feelings of her close ones.

For example, Smiley was always a bright student who dreamed of studying at a big school, in a big city. When she was about to have her dream fulfilled, Happy decided not to leave the city in order to make come true Chintu's dream of opening the hotel... And nothing good came out of that for Smiley! Because of that hotel, Ranveer entered Smiley's life. Happy practically chose Chintu over her sister. And Happy only knew him for a couple of days. 

And now... With what she is doing to Rocky! She wants to protect him, but how? By breaking his heart, making him lose his dignity for chasing a married woman, making him to constantly be insulted by her husband? 

As usual, she overestimates Ranveer and underestimates Rocky. When she thought that RV was good, he was super good in her eyes and now that he is bad, he is the worst and no one can compete with him, but we know that Rocky can handle criminals and doesn't need her protection. At least, not this type of protection. Every man would have his ego hurt if he knew that the girl he loves has to marry another man to keep him safe. If a man can't protect the girl he loves, he sees himself as a failure. 

I have nothing against her except the fact that she seems sketches which made me lose contact with her character. I wish they put more effort into writing her parts. I am waiting for the surprise that you all are talking about, maybe that will bring a new light on this non-sense track that is going on.

I second you 100 percent in that point! She underestimates Rockys capacity. He is capable of protecting himself and the ones he love and is capable of destroying RV if given a chance.

I know Happys plan is to take RV to the extreme but why cannot she trust Rocky to help her take him to that extreme. He is part of the plan unknowingly after all. I know shes planning of destroying his image and getting everything out so no one will probably doubt his evilness. She wants his true image brought to light. so that there is no way out for him. Dont know the rest of her plan yet and i hope its a good one. 

I know its not her fault its just how this story is written after all. 

Its just that shes killing him from inside to make sure he doesnt get actually killed and lose his life. What torture. Even though its not Happys fault as shes trying to save everyone and when shes also in so much pain.