Self-respect in a Hornet's nest

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ MyMusings~ 3.6.19 ~ Self respect in a hornet’s nest

The lifestyle of the Shah family appears to be having teething problems in grafting a reunion with the lost sheep to the fold. Changing circumstances or rather partner preferences, presently causes a sizable amount of trouble andresentment within family members. But one person in particular, my heart goes out to is Mainjaan. The revered faith of the community and the existing head of the Shah family. It seems tragic to note that this frail faith scholar who commands much respect due to his fair and just attitude towards his people, is made out to be some old man who doesn’t know his job! Since the visitors from Canada have graced Shah manzil, things are gradually taking a turn for the worst.

Events show, Mainjaan acted in all fairness in embracing Mamoon and his family. But Mainjaan suffered his first short-fall when Zaroon Shah went against the elders wishes. Renounced Kainat and accepted Saltanat which was not set on the cards. Mainjaan’s authoritarian figure seems challenged in this episode, right from the word go!

Dadi in the main,has a go at Mainjaan for over-looking the age old tradition of a freshly spokenfor couple visiting  Ajmer to seek blessings from the shrine .In all humility Mainjaan accepts his mistake, andlike a man of  his word he gives consent for Humza and Kainat to visit Ajmer. 

Whereas, its time for the family to reflect upon how in an evil hour they emerge virtually unscathed. It’s noticeable, how Mamoon and Nadeem’s families support and praise their respective children. Since Zaroon was present, Mainjaan specifically praised  his prowess in saving Saltanat.  Things are tranquil and good will among all  present seems to prevail. But Dadi sure knows how to turn the tables. She clearly sees too much favouritism going towards Zaroon. She acts upon a specific purpose, to ward off contenders for the takers of the dargah. Throws in theelement of blemish!

The matter of Zaroon visiting Saltanat’s room in the dead of the night, washes off allpraises for Zaroon and opens up ugly insinuations against his real motive behind his visitation!  Dadi provokes Zaroon into providing clarifications! Which disgruntles Zaroom to no end. He rattlesoff many arguments, to clarify his reputation. His speech seems to bring tolight , that men too have virtues that they uphold in their characters. Dadi is bemused about Zaroon’s argumentwhich if not proved, certainly puts his character in question!

Dadi is one  elephant who finds it hard to forget. She once more brings up the recent incident when Kainat met Humza on the lawn!  Mainjaan created such a big hullabaloo! Whereas,  Zaroon goes  to Saltanat’s room in the middle of the night and all he gets a light slap on thewrist! Mainjaan understands the disparity between the two incidents  between two grandsons and granddaughters of the same household.

Dadi’s plan was to humiliate Zaroon in particular. Zaroon was put on the spot, ratherinfuriated he had to offer explanations before the family. Rest his case in theirhands. I thought Zaroon even though not guilty simply loathed the idea ofgiving his defence. Their lay a certain arrogance in his heart and mindespecially against Mainjaan! I think personally, that Zaroon was under theimpression that he had won over Mainjaan’s trust, and he was confident his integrity and honour would never be questioned ,leastof all by Mainjaan.

Zaroon has to understand that by interrogating him before all, Mainjaan was in fact giving him a fair chance to wash off any reservations ,and misgivings  especially from the minds who were uncertainabout his intentions.

How Sufiyana  Zaroon’s thoughts were during his visitation,we have seen  in the previous episode. itwas not completely platonic. His heart , saw the woman that he loved. In fact Saltanat’s fever actually saved him from  a pit where if he had fallen into, he would have lost respect in his own eyes ! 

The episode becomes a matter of self-respect between  ayoung inexperienced  Nri and a much revered man who had experienced many seasons of life!  Zaroon locks horn with Mainjaan!  Zaroon feels his true love is abused with lies and fraud!

What Zaroon failsto understand is that truth is also what the naked eye sees. Is evident incontext! This was true also that his Sufiyana love was seen by millions live! Becauseof that truth! saltanant’s alliance that Mainjaan set up was refused. Zaroon hasto face the seen truth also that he also put in question Saltanat’s virtue also!as long as his true love receives recognition from the whole wide world!

Zaroon’s self-respect revolves only around his Sufiyana love. While Mainjaan’s self- respecthas been cascaded  down from his generationsto him. That Mainjaan still holds the responsibility to  hand down his name, respect to the ones after him. His accountability to himself is selfless  and not self centred like Zaroon’s. So to mehis temper tantrums are  baseless.  It did cross my mind that his reaction issomewhat like what Mamoon would have wanted. Make life difficult for Mainjaan! As there lies a history of some animosity between the families, related to who inherits the dargah after Mainjaan..

Neelam seems to be a shrewd fairy god mother for Zaroon. May be a fly on the wall! who goes around flitting to gather around people’s reactions.. in her scene with Zaroon where she smooths his ruffled feathers! I noticed how she gets him to speak about hisviews about the inheritance.. she gleans he’s not too keen!  It’s Saltanat that he desires! I also noticedshe wants him to stay! Even if means to thwart Dadi’s plans to humiliate him tosuch a degree that he gives up all and leaves.. but why does Neelam want him to stay?? Is her love for Saltanat real or a fraud? Does Neelam too has her eyes on Zaroon??  Rather a neat package, her  bro Humza gets the chair, while Neelam gets Zaroon..

Dadi’s craftyways  are  the highlight of the episode.. how she confirmsfurther, Kainat  and Humza’s alliance;breaks Zaheer ‘s possible alliance with Saltanat; and  turns Saltanat and Zaroonconnection into some questionable bond, far removed from anything but Sufiyana!Poor Humza ‘s pleas go unheard, that Zaroon is his friend and Dadi should keephim out of her mind games! Humza is right Zaroon is his love guru.. did loadsto set him up with Kainat.. even the meeting between Kainat and  him on the lawn! dadi is probably  unaware of this truth.. 4.5.19 hamlet53

Hornet ‘s nest to me, is Dad’s corrosive taunts, Zaroon’s clarifications cannot save Saltanat fromtrauma. Both sisters were absent from the episode, but  their presence was very much  felt!

Lonelythots,Irshita, Sandiya, mishfan , thanks for your on going support.. love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lonelythots thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hello Hammie, 

Somehow Zaroon just doesn’t click for me. I just can’t seem to be swayed by his words and actions.. something always gets left behind in completely liking him and rooting for him.. 

Zaroon is a decent guy who has no malice in his heart to dishonour the girl he loves. I don’t doubt his character as he says.. I also know that dadi has rolled the dice with malicious intentions and also that she believes all is fair in love and war and here it is both as she rightly says.. But the niggling thing is how Zaroon took a self-righteous moral high ground in all this and put it all on the family, society and Miajaan.

The fact remains that he did sneak into sultanat’s room , yes not with the intention to dishonour her but also not with the concern as to how she was coping with a trauma that she experienced. Like you said , he fails to see that Miajaan gave him an opportunity to defend , a chance that his own granddaughters didn’t get- Kainaat in the fire incident and Sultanat in the slap incident. They were condemned to punishment when presented with questionable evidence. 

And the other day, he was claiming to Sultanat as to how the newspapers would be filled with headlines of lovers meeting a tragic ending. So when moin , the man who came to refuse sultanat’s rishta pointed this same thing out, it pricks him. again all he sees is how people are against his love and also that he came to India to learn tehzeeb but there is nothing to be learnt here. But does he not see that Miajaan who is respected among his community and considered a leader has been slighted by the man who rejected sultanat’s proposal. The old mans head was bowed down in shame! He was never expecting a rejection/humiliation  like this from an outsider! 

Neelam is on a roll the past few episodes. She exposed Zainab to dadi.. exposed dadi to Zaroon.. she seems to be a very loyal friend to Sultanat and one who wants to see her married to the love of her life.   I quite like her loyalty to sultanat. @hammie: why do u think neelam may be playing an altogether different game? 

Humza seems extremely foolish. He doesn’t seem to have a mind of his own and gets swayed by dadi’s manipulations. But I did like how he defended his friend zaroon’s case.. 

zaroon makes this grand proclamation to neelam , that he gives a damn about the virasat.. I am waiting to see mamoon’s face and reaction if and when zaroon tell this to his face. 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Found Zaroon's high horse so annoying that had to fast forward his "righteous" indignation type mode. Felt bad for Mia Jaan. 

I am guessing Helly need some rest after playing 2 full-time characters in the show. Well-deserved rest. 

@Hammie - Will catch up on Thursday!! keep musing and writing!  

Hamlet53 thumbnail

originally posted by Lonelythots 

Hello Hammie,  helooo Lonelythots  sorry me a bit late...  busy  rushed off my feet! 

Somehow Zaroon just doesn’t click for me. I just can’t seem to be swayed by his words and actions.. something always gets left behind in completely liking him and rooting for him.. 

well I too  am not too impressed by his  ways and turns       

Zaroon is a decent guy who has no malice in his heart to dishonour the girl he loves. I don’t doubt his character as he says.. I also know that dadi has rolled the dice with malicious intentions and also that she believes all is fair in love and war and here it is both as she rightly says.. But the niggling thing is how Zaroon took a self-righteous moral high ground in all this and put it all on the family, society and Miajaan.

he does sound inexperienced yet pompous  what gets me is his defiance  before elders..  an arrogance 

The fact remains that he did sneak into sultanat’s room , yes not with the intention to dishonour her but also not with the concern as to how she was coping with a trauma that she experienced. Like you said , he fails to see that Miajaan gave him an opportunity to defend , a chance that his own granddaughters didn’t get- Kainaat in the fire incident and Sultanat in the slap incident. They were condemned to punishment when presented with questionable evidence. 

well done for  cross referencing  reminds  us of  past events 

And the other day, he was claiming to Sultanat as to how the newspapers would be filled with headlines of lovers meeting a tragic ending. So when moin , the man who came to refuse sultanat’s rishta pointed this same thing out, it pricks him. again all he sees is how people are against his love and also that he came to India to learn tehzeeb but there is nothing to be learnt here. But does he not see that Miajaan who is respected among his community and considered a leader has been slighted by the man who rejected sultanat’s proposal. The old mans head was bowed down in shame! He was never expecting a rejection/humiliation  like this from an outsider! 

yes I believe more then ever before that  the visitors  too may have caused divisions in the family

Neelam is on a roll the past few episodes. She exposed Zainab to dadi.. exposed dadi to Zaroon.. she seems to be a very loyal friend to Sultanat and one who wants to see her married to the love of her life.   I quite like her loyalty to sultanat. @hammie: why do u think neelam may be playing an altogether different game? 

she bends over backwards to be on Zaroon's good side.. I  think she fancies him

Humza seems extremely foolish. He doesn’t seem to have a mind of his own and gets swayed by dadi’s manipulations. But I did like how he defended his friend zaroon’s case.. 

actually both  Neelam and Humza  support Zaroon and Sultanat  and  correct dadi's attitude 

zaroon makes this grand proclamation to neelam , that he gives a damn about the virasat.. I am waiting to see mamoon’s face and reaction if and when zaroon tell this to his face.

Zaroon is a player like his father.. both follow their dreams..Mamoon  stays quiet publicly and uses Zaroon as his mouthpiece ….

thanks for a great comment.. enjoyed   reading your thoughts..  love hammie 

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by  Irshita 

helooooo irshita  glad you popped by...

Found Zaroon's high horse so annoying that had to fast forward his "righteous" indignation type mode. Felt bad for Mia Jaan. 

rolling my eyes... its all part of the game plan...

I am guessing Helly need some rest after playing 2 full-time characters in the show. Well-deserved rest. 

yes have to say I do miss her.. with her away... creatives are giving more space to Rajeev...  

@Hammie - Will catch up on Thursday!! keep musing and writing!  

okkkk me too busy tomorrow... thanks for sharing your thoughts.. keep well  

love     hammie