Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: priya185

people are tweeting this

Karma is ______ 

#Guptill ranout #Dhoni .... Denied Finals

Finals #Guptill Runout !!!! Denied trophy

Moral : Never Make Dhoni cry #ENGvsNZ #ENGvNZ

People making fun now coz NZ lost . But imagine what must be going through with them .

So so so near yet so far. 

And next WC mei no chance coz Asian teams gonna rule it now 

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Heart-Hacker

I am just wondering about that overthrow , that overthrow costed NZ a WC .

NZ are the champions for me . 

WC final is tie for me . Share the trophy please if it's possible

That 4 in overthrow really tipped the game against NZ. I feel that too. 

When WC match ended in tie and the super over was also tie, I feel WC should have been shared - co-winners. (They did that once in T20 wc if memory serves me right).

This max no. Of boundaries doesn't seem fair. How does it matter if Eng hit more boundaries? They ended up at the same score - a tie. I didnt like this more boundaries part. 

GunDaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: ErisedWitch45

That 4 in overthrow really tipped the game against NZ. I feel that too. 

When WC match ended in tie and the super over was also tie, I feel WC should have been shared - co-winners. (They did that once in T20 wc if memory serves me right).

This max no. Of boundaries doesn't seem fair. How does it matter if Eng hit more boundaries? They ended up at the same score - a tie. I didnt like this more boundaries part. 

It happened in champions trophy .

Yeah but NZ took more wickets than Eng ? Then how come Eng are champions ? These rules are pathetic. That's why only 10-12 countries in this world follow cricket.

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Yaar vo toh umpire ki galti hai Naa . Aise toh Taylor out nahi tha aaj . Agar vo rehta toh 250+ Banta. 

But I'm personally feeling bad for NZ and there fans . I could imagine myself in there place , 2 back to back finals and losing the finals with that margin . It's heartbreaking  . And I'm feeling sad for them specially for KW. Cricket is cruel game .

i am also feeling bad for Kane Williamson.....he deserve every bit of respect for the game he played and for the sportsmamship he showed throught the tournament. Can definitely understand that the loose might have devastated them as this was gonna be their first one. For the first time in finals i guess....one team did deserved the world cup but the other team was as deserving too and ofcourse loosing something from thos close is heartwrenching and they might be feeling horrible now. 

-Sunshine thumbnail
IPL 2024 Winner 2 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

Waise i want to confirm something. Many people on twitter said that the ball on which dhoni was out was actually dead ball as more number of people were inside or outside in fielding in the powerplay and the umpire dint noticed. Is this true ? 

in that case it was a no ball, not dead ball

and a batsman can be run out on a no ball... 

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

England 🥳

What a match ..what a win 

GunDaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

i am also feeling bad for Kane Williamson.....he deserve every bit of respect for the game he played and for the sportsmamship he showed throught the tournament. Can definitely understand that the loose might have devastated them as this was gonna be their first one. For the first time in finals i guess....one team did deserved the world cup but the other team was as deserving too and ofcourse loosing something from thos close is heartwrenching and they might be feeling horrible now. 

Exactly . But I loved the way how calm and cool KW was during post mstch presentation . This itself speaks about the man otheriwse I bet you 95 out of 100 people would have been left frustrated and devastated after that kind of loss .

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

It happened in champions trophy .

Yeah but NZ took more wickets than Eng ? Then how come Eng are champions ? These rules are pathetic. That's why only 10-12 countries in this world follow cricket.

well wickets and 4s both are imp.

ideally get another super over.

or decide in terms of who was higher at the table. coming higher on the points table should mean something

secondly i like the ipl type playoffs. topping the table should have benefits

ideally this was a kind of match which should be a tie and trophy shared

Edited by naq5 - 4 years ago
-Sunshine thumbnail
IPL 2024 Winner 2 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: noorsand

It was already decided by the Big 3 (India, Australia and England) that England would win this WC. And, India would win the next one. 

There is reason India didn't let Pakistan in the semifinals, England had lost to Pakistan in group stage. 

There is a reason India lost to NZ. Otherwise, India was in a great form and NZ was struggling, so it would make no sense for Indian batsmen to perform badly. 

The only reason it was a close match today, was so betters could make some money as most other matches were not that close. 

England may have won the match and WC but it's really NZ that shined.

Waah Waah.. What a conspiracy theory 👏

so what was NZ's role in this whole nautanki.. letting England win the title match??  and getting nothing in return?? 😆

Edited by -Sunshine - 4 years ago
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Sunshine

in that case it was a no ball, not dead ball

and a batsman can be run out on a no ball... 

its a dead ball according to new icc rules for this year world cup.....thats what i have read till now. I havent seen the rules myself though.