Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: -Sunshine

Waah Waah.. What a conspiracy theory đŸ‘

so what was NZ's role in this whole nautanki.. letting England to win the title match??  and getting nothing in return?? đŸ˜†

😆 some logic . 

the shcked dejected players of both teams india and Nz after their loss in respective matches tells you its not lost on purpose

Edited by naq5 - 4 years ago
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

“It certainly wasn’t one extra run. There were so many moments that could’ve gone either way, but congratulations to England – they’ve had an incredible campaign and they deserve it,” WIlliamson said at the gala post match presentation ceremony.

EtherealRati thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heart-Hacker

Exactly . But I loved the way how calm and cool KW was during post mstch presentation . This itself speaks about the man otheriwse I bet you 95 out of 100 people would have been left frustrated and devastated after that kind of loss .

i agree kohli was devastated after india loss ....he was sad....shaken while kane williamson still wore a smile on face. Kane williamson is like dhoni in this aspect......he knows if he will be devastated....who willl handle the team....for them....he had a smile....so they can feel better. 

-Sunshine thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: naq5

😆 some logic . 

the shcked dejected players of both teams india and Nz after their loss in respective matches tells you its not lost on purpose

They think only England deserves to win... baqi sab tou chanay bechne aaye thay đŸ˜†

EtherealRati thumbnail

SEARCH

WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs

SPORTS

NZ showed great heart to be here, boys devastated at the moment: Williamson

Published

25 mins ago 

on

July 15, 2019

By

IANS 

London, July 15 (IANS) New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, who was adjudged player of the tournament, said his team showed great heart to reach their second consecutive World Cup final, adding the players are shattered to come so close to winning their maiden crown.

Electing to bat first New Zealand put up 241/8 in 50 overs. Chasing the target, England rode Stokes’ unbeaten 84 off 98 balls with Jos Buttler also scoring 59. The pair added 110 runs for the fifth wicket to tie the game at 241 all out and take it to a Eliminator.

In the Eliminator, Stokes and Buttler helped England post 15 which New Zealand matched but in gut-wrenching fashion fell behind due to inferior position in the points table.

Williamson, who finished with 578 runs and received the award from batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, became the captain with most number of runs in a single World Cup. But nothing could wipe the gloom from his face in the end as the Kiwis lost by the faintest of margins.

“It certainly wasn’t one extra run. There were so many moments that could’ve gone either way, but congratulations to England – they’ve had an incredible campaign and they deserve it,” WIlliamson said at the gala post match presentation ceremony.

“The pitches have been different to what was expected. No 300+ totals as expected. The NZ side showed a great amount of heart to get us to this point, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

“The guys are shattered at the moment – it is devastating. It’s pretty tough to swallow at this stage. But a fantastic effort from our guys,” he said.

During the run chase, the ball hit Stokes’ bat and went for four for which Stokes apologised to Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson.

“It was a shame that the ball hit Stokes’ bat, but I just hope it doesn’t happen in moments like that. I don’t wish to nitpick, just hope it never happens in such moments ever again,” Williamson said of the incident.

Stokes immediately got up and apologised with both his hands raised. He lated said he would forever be sorry about that to Williamson.

WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs

SPORTS

NZ showed great heart to be here, boys devastated at the moment: Williamson

Published

25 mins ago 

on

July 15, 2019

By

IANS 

London, July 15 (IANS) New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, who was adjudged player of the tournament, said his team showed great heart to reach their second consecutive World Cup final, adding the players are shattered to come so close to winning their maiden crown.

Electing to bat first New Zealand put up 241/8 in 50 overs. Chasing the target, England rode Stokes’ unbeaten 84 off 98 balls with Jos Buttler also scoring 59. The pair added 110 runs for the fifth wicket to tie the game at 241 all out and take it to a Eliminator.

In the Eliminator, Stokes and Buttler helped England post 15 which New Zealand matched but in gut-wrenching fashion fell behind due to inferior position in the points table.

Williamson, who finished with 578 runs and received the award from batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, became the captain with most number of runs in a single World Cup. But nothing could wipe the gloom from his face in the end as the Kiwis lost by the faintest of margins.

“The pitches have been different to what was expected. No 300+ totals as expected. The NZ side showed a great amount of heart to get us to this point, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

“The guys are shattered at the moment – it is devastating. It’s pretty tough to swallow at this stage. But a fantastic effort from our guys,” he said.

During the run chase, the ball hit Stokes’ bat and went for four for which Stokes apologised to Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson.

“It was a shame that the ball hit Stokes’ bat, but I just hope it doesn’t happen in moments like that. I don’t wish to nitpick, just hope it never happens in such moments ever again,” Williamson said of the incident.

Stokes immediately got up and apologised with both his hands raised. He lated said he would forever be sorry about that to Williamson.

EtherealRati thumbnail

'I've apologized to Kane countless times'

One match-defining moment in the final became the center of controversy when the ball thrown in by a New Zealand fielder ricocheted off Stokes' bat and fetched the team an extra four runs as it trickled towards the boundary fence.

Stokes, who was crowned man of the match for his majestic 84 not out, later apologized for the freakish occurrence to Kane Williamson.

"In the last over when the ball hit the bat and went for four it's not exactly what you ask for," said Stokes.

"I've apologized to Kane countless times about that. It's not exactly how you want to do it.

Stokes then strolled out to bat once again during the Super Over, striking a valuable contribution of 8 runs.

"Moments like that is what you live for as a professional cricketer," he added.

"All the hard work over that four years to get here and we're champions of the world. It's an amazing feeling."

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

i agree kohli was devastated after india loss ....he was sad....shaken while kane williamson still wore a smile on face. Kane williamson is like dhoni in this aspect......he knows if he will be devastated....who willl handle the team....for them....he had a smile....so they can feel better. 

kohli was still ok, rohit sharma looked more shattered. actually the 7-3 was quite shocking to them i feel. And dhoni is different. he wouldnt smile like KW but he has a calmness to him but then if u remember he has cried both after the t20 world cup  and  the world cup win. so obviously the pressure gets to him after its over. Kohli is more animated . diff type of captain. 

its just KWscharacter i guess.some people are not that affected by a loss or win. zen type people

there is a saying na-dont get too happy in good times and dont get too sad in bad times

-Sunshine thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Edited by -Sunshine - 4 years ago
Supermagical thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

Waise i want to confirm something. Many people on twitter said that the ball on which dhoni was out was actually dead ball as more number of people were inside or outside in fielding in the powerplay and the umpire dint noticed. Is this true ? 

It was neither a dead ball nor an umpiring error, its was a broadcasting error which has been confirmed by many news portal (Including Indian) and the match commentary. 

Criticism on Guptill and his team for the loss cost to Indian Team should be stopped now. They played a fair game and won the match, luck didn't favored India as simple as that.